! -- Actual FACT or MYTH - Married SIA Engineering men have affairs?

christina k,

to my personal view :
so long MBA ( married but available ) males / females do have affairs .

are you going to be bride soon ? then CONGRATS to you !

No. I am married with 2 boys. It's just that I see a change in my husband's behaviour, gets angry often. Sometimes, it's understandable because our sons are more than a handful. On top of that, he works, I work from home and we have to juggle with household chores, taking care of the kids etc.

I don't know I am confused.

I apologised for mistaking your status.

If you not able to juggler your work / household chores / yr kids then you need to hire domestic FULL TIME maid to ease yr burdens.

You are lucky to work from home which most mothers envy especially stay-at-home-mums !

Yes my hubby is working there. Well it's hard to say if i suspect him. It's the changes I see in him. Gets angry frequently, we hardly have sex unless i bring up the subject. His excuse is that with us having to do everything around the house and for the kids, he is too tired. He falls asleep super fast too.

why do you ask?

By the way, we used to have a maid, an Indonesian. Bumps would appear on my youngest son's forehead frequently when he was learning to walk. She would say that he fell and hit his head while trying to walk (at that time I was working for a while and then I was a SAHM). We believed her because she looked so innocent (how naive we were). Months later, my son had started to use some obscene words (in Malay) and we questioned her. She denied using it on him. That's when I decided to get a webcam to videotape her. What we saw over a period of 2 months shocked us. She hit my little boy, used his pyjamas to clean the cooker stove, put dirt into our pot of rice, wash her hair in the kitchen sink and even poured dirty water into our washer machine. It was not easy looking after my youngest because he is a very active boy. We understood that it was not easy taking care of him and had asked her several times in the past if she was fine with him. We even told her that we would not mind transferring her anytime she felt it was difficult to care for him. Each time, she said No, she had wanted to work for us. After we caught her and showed her the footages, she became defiant and challenged us to call the police. We did. She was finally sent back and is now blacklisted.

The last thing I need is a maid. It's so hard to trust one anymore. It's like we have to keep watching her all the time. I used to spend donkey hours viewing the tapes and it was damn time consuming and frustrating! I dont want to have to go through this again.

I think it is a sweeping statement to say all or most or many SIA engineering married men have affairs. A man having an affair doesn't mean his married colleague will have an affair.

christina, as much as i hate to tell you the truth, i tend to agree with you.. not just in engineering, but also in other dept, my xhb was one such person. He was in SATS. Got involved in not one, but three women at different time, two already married. My neighbour told me that every morning after I left for work and he came back after his night shift, there will be a woman wit them. But the worst case was when another woman's hb (also worked at the airport but under AETOS) caught them red handed and brought the two to my house and make them confessed to me. I was shocked. We got divorced not long after and I heard the other couple went their separate ways too.

My current hb worked used to work a month at the airport before he quit. He was not surprised as he said, not only the young, he even saw old uncle and old auntie making out. Maybe its their long irregular working hours together that made them felt tempted to get together. or because their colleagues are doing it, so they joined in the fun.

but then again, its just my personal experience...

Having affair today is too common. Be it SIAEC or other companies. It's all abt our minds n values tat we hold on to.

im driven to write here to share what my sister n family face.

My sister, yes a sister who is one of the few girls there and she might be the youngest.. She joins SIA Engineering when she was 21 and she has serve 6years out of her 8years there.

She said 1 of the problem she encounter is nt only cause of work related but the WIVES of the Man there.. Not once but twice she was accused of having an affair.. My mum even had to talk to these wives and yet they still don't believe her.

Its all just frm a small innocent thing that all thse wives created to become something big. This wives accused her of wanting their husband coz they earn big money. But this jealous and talk without thinking wives never think.. MY SISTER EARN AS MUCH as them and she wouldnt want man whom she call "second hand" when there r so many single man out in SIAEC..

It all started when all this man treated her as a buddy..They have lunch togther and of cause they talk during eating.. She won't avoid befriending them coz they r colleagues and she is still on bond n she wouldt want to be accused arrogant or get into trouble with anybody. So when all this man goes on holiday, they would buy souvinier for her.. mostly keychains.. THIS IS WAT THE WIVES GET JEALOUS OF..Because of keychains, she is accused of wanting their man..

There was this particular 1 time 1 wife even want to meet her face to face. The wife insisted in having back all the keychains(thank goodness she kept all in 1 plc all in unused condition..

Worse is there is this wife who even wanna confirm if they had affair, she log into her FB and write in the shout out "I MISS XXXX" just to see the reaction of his colleagues..

All i can say, working there is hard enuf,the stress level is so high. They hv to be reponsible on many things. It cld be the reason ur hb reacts that way. Dun get stress unnecessarily. By the way, i think in SIAEC u dun see much girls. Its only Female engineers whom i hv mostly see n mostly married or tomboy looking..

Anyway SIAEC always hv makan out of work time together. Its just a chill out session... Its just a sad thing my sister always become a victim coz of her age n coz she is soft spoken. Anyway im glad she is getting married soon. I hope the wives wld think twice before accusing her...

I do trust my husband but it's just the small changes i see in him. He does not work on night shifts. The latest his work ends is 6.15pm. He leaves for work on time and returns home on time. Off days are spent at home with me and the kids and household chores etc. He does not go out with any friends at all. Off days and leaves are spent at home or out with the family.

My friend works in SIA engineering (lady there). she didn encounter any problem. maybe she is innocent??

does it happens only on chinese female lady cos my friend is a malay?

i think when a guy has $$ their attitude changes ya.

it happen to my sister an engineer there.. A malay.. it has nothing to do with race i think...

it depends on the man n also affairs can be because of their wife's behavior.. All this i think has nothing to do with money.. Its their heart...

sometimes ladies, its not jus our husbands or the men but the colleagues n gals from other departments too. my hubby works there. i heard quiet a number of stories from him. it happens to the married men or women even singles to be married. all i can say it takes 2 hands to clap. i can only kp reminding my hubby abt drawing a line when mixing ard n the consequences to our marriage especially our boys whom he loves so much.

n yes, agree with ezmeralda, queen control and no respect plays a part wif some of the stories i heard.

Hi Christina,

Sorry to hear about your maid story. I've also been thinking to set cameras in the house. I'm sorry for asking this rather technical questions in this case: What brands of cam did you use? Do you have any recommendations? Are we able to link it to our computers?

We are seriously considering installing if we are hiring a maid, coz I really can't trust my baby to maids after hearing so many stories about them...

Thanks in advance

Well, I disagree when you say some husbands stray because the wives are queen control and have no respect towards their partner. It takes 2 hands 2 clap.

In the first place, why would a wife change to be like that? In my case, I do control my husband in terms of his cards. I was shocked to learn that he had several credit cards that I was unaware about until the bills kept coming. I questioned him and he said it went to paying the household bills. Today, he owes the card companies almost $20K!!!! Really, he says he used it all on us! That made me mad! The money, he says, was spent on the family over a period of 5-6 years.

We live at my Mum's place. I used to work in the past and had always helped where finances were concerned. Now, I am self-employed but have stopped contributing towards the household finances (utilities and food). Instead, I save the money I make from my business for my children, pay the phones bills and cable tv. By the way, since I am self-employed my monthly income varies. I buy clothes for the kids and my husband when they are old/ tattered and do everything else except pay the utilities/ food bill. When we go for holidays, I also pay for some of the expenses. To add to all this, I am expected to look after my kids, cook, clean the house (sometimes he helps out) and run my business.

A lot of times, I guess my husband takes me for granted. That's what most say (family who knows my problems).

I sound frustrated, don't I? I am because there is a lot more going on that I am not writing about. Hope to hear more views.

i think thats not queen control, dats a smart move in saving the family.

Queen control with no respect towards ur husbands thats going on ard dats i hv heard of even in SIAEC is asking him for his whole salary for the mth and giving hi daily allowance like a school kid. Calling the hubby every hr to track down his movement. Check his email msgs. Nt allowing him to hang out with friends once in a while. Calling his friends n colleagues to check on what he is doing n how he is doing.

Checking his msgs every single days. Checking his emails. Shouting at him like he is a small kids just because he comes back 15mins late. He can't afford to buy you certain bags and u rant at him n humiliate him telling him he earn peanuts even tho he worked his ass of like mad.

There is another wife that i know who work 9-5pm, his hubby finished his shift at 2am in SIAEC. Reach hm at 3am n yet the wife demand him to send her to work in the morning. Demand him to cook breakfast for the kids..There are those who nvr talk to the husband nicely. There are wives who just will always raise their voice each time she talk to hubby.. There are too many to list here but then being a queen control n having no respect towards ur spouse keeps him vulnereable to get attracted to a more gentle lady tho dat lady may nt respond to his advances.. They will just slowly lost their love n hang onto the family because of kids..

One SIAEC Engineer there once told his colleagues, I used to be proud of my wife coz she is the hottest thing every man wld wish for. But nw i will stick to her cause she gave birth to my kids. Thats the only reason i am with her nw...

Wow! Didn't know there are wives like that! I am the one who makes the breakfast for my kids 4-5 times a week, pack my husband bread for his break time etc. I do not want to sound like I am boasting but I do know that I do alot for the family and I am trying my best. But the sad part is, it's becoming obvious that my husband does not appreciate me at all. Even if I cut or dye my hair or buy a new set of clothes or shoes for myself, he just does not notice anything. I really feel so helpless alot of times.

So, when I think of all the things that I do for my family including trying to look good to make myself more appealing to him, I get angry and upset and frustrated. I am not an angel. I do raise my voice over certain things like cleanliness. Sad to say, but my husband is not a very hygienic person nor is he a considerate person. He stinges so much so that even when he falls sick he refuses to see a doctor for medication. His reason - $5 will be deducted from his salary. What he fails to realise, he then passes his flu, cough to the kids and they end up falling sick.

I feel everyone has to take care of her/ himself and be considerate to those around him/her. Money is important but it should not be everything. I need to let him know when groceries are finished, when a tap is faulty, when the basin leaks etc. He does not want to replace old items that have been in the house for more than 10 years! He will ignore the problem, then weeks later try to fix it. He just does not want to spend anything. I have tried many a times explaining to him but it's just no use. I don't know what to do.

To him, money is everything. He takes home around $2200 each month. $350 goes for the monthly food but sometimes it exceeds the amount by $150 since we buy food for dinner a few times a week. He then pays the utilities - $200. Another $150 a month for the kids' school pocket money. Total $850. The rest he says he uses for his credit card bills. It's like this every month. But what I find hard to 'swallow' is that he says the $20K was used for the household the last few years! Does anyone here buy this?

ChrisK,
I'm sure it will not be difficult to retrieve the past CC bills, if you have kept them? You should be able to know where are usually the places these credit cards were spent on.

ezmeralda,
Thanks for sharing the stories. But why is SIAEC singled out from the numerous engeineering companies in Singapore?

i nvr singled out the stories basely on SIAEC. The topic was initially on dat. Anyway those r stories i heard frm there..

ChrisK

Happen to chance upon this post. In regard to Credit card bills amounting to $20K. There is a high possibilities as interest is snowballing if he only pay a minimal amount each month.

Are you able to access to his bank account which u can see how much is left remain to payoff loan and after each month and how much he has pay off starting 5-6 years ago. I guess most of the credit card bills are already disfigure by now.

You are very clear on the allowance contribution, what is left, what is saved? shouldnt be a problem to see where the money goes to.

For a loan of $20K for 6 year, it is possible as it make out to like $3K plus with interest per year.

my hb has more than S$ 60K for more than 10years with several banks ( local & offshore ) till today still yet to clear all with monthly minimum payment !

even our household stuff are being seizure by CitiBank with SubCourt stickers.............

my hb works as technician too having miserable salary, only with alot of OT then the figures are attractive if not it's miserable to survive for a month of 30days.

Hi. I also found out from someone that some technicians have a few beers before work. How can this be allowed? They're working on planes and safety should be of utmost importance. I also heard that after work, several of the men (technicians) will be having drinks in the locker room too. Just wondering how is it that the management hasn't found out about this when it's been happening for a few years.

I think they should conduct breathalyzer tests frequently to ensure that these technicians are performing in the right state of mind.

Everybody, I am using my sister's (ezmeralda) acct.. I am the Engineer that my sister has been talking abt.

The above talk is really not true !! I hv worked there for so long and i know whats going on. They drink after work but NEVER in the locker room !!!!

Drinking before work is beyond a job scope of anybody to interfere what they do. They are adults. They won't put their line of job hanging by the thread and drink till they get drunk..C'mon we know how strict Sg laws and working with aircrafts are crazy. If the plp drink n make big mistake. It will always be in papers that SIA aircraft hv met with a mishap.. Do u all know that the job is super stressful.. One slight mistake and you r suspended !!

Just know that both Technicians and Engineers work back to back and its really very hectic everytime.. The more u suspect your hubby is having an affair, they more u r pushing him to do something u dun like.

Just know that nt only plp in SIAEC hv an affair. It can just be anybody. Our job scope is busy enuf and there is no time to even hv small talks on job...

The person who told me this - drinking in locker rooms - is a technician himself! Yes, you heard me right, a technician. You may 'think' you know what's going on, but I doubt that. Anyway, how would you know what's going on in the locker room???

It's true - no one would drink till they're drunk but rules still apply - no drinking before work, not even 1 can.

I have never told my hubby that I suspect him of having an affair so there's no way I am pushing him to do something like that. I am merely posting what a fellow technician told me - about the drinking session.

If you say you know everything, I am sure you are aware about the company's stance on camera phones/ iphones ?

Do you know what some of the technicians have done to continue using their camera phones? I doubt it.

ChrisK,

pardon me for saying ....

since the person whom a technician told you about the " happenings " in the company, have you tested the technician asking more about your husband ?

What i meant asking about the " suspected affair " , etc ..... sometimes, men or rather humans do leak the cat out of the bag acciendentally .......

there are many departments in your husband's company though 99.5% are working MALES ........

men can have affairs during office hours whereby wives at home will never realised ......... that's goes to the other parties as well too !

well, do ask around if you have the chances to do so !

Hi Chris,

I think your husband is the same as many husbands around...i.e. when you mentioned that he does not notice if you dye your hair, etc.

But if you want him to change then you need to talk to him nicely...but please note change will not be so soon...you need to drop more hints, etc.

Ohh dear.. got a shock when I saw this thread.. Just wanna say it seems abit unfair to single out only SIAE men... I think with the divorce stats in SG and one reason being extra marital affairs... it can happen anywhere and to anyone.. Basically not just men but even women.

Have a female close friend of years who was a goody goody type but got herself entangled into a messy divorce due to ==> herself straying and not hubby........ so shocking ya... So I think it will really b quite unfair to mention that most SIAE men or men in general only stray..

Is SIA engineer/technician the same as ST? I heard they did servicing for SIA too. Anyway, let me share my personal experience here.

I had a bf for two years who was a sign on aircraft technician with RSAF. He was the one who wanted to marry me, but he had never used this as an excuse to ask me to go to bed with him, he was fine to do it only after we are married. He had told me many stories about what his colleagues did behind their gf/wives, but he acted like he was different from them.

Before knowing him, I already have a very good buddy who is also an aircraft technician/engineer, and he always complaint to me on one of his colleague who had been fooling a lot and a bit over whenever they were in overseas training. I always played the role as a listener, until one day I recalled he came from the same camp as my bf. Out of curiosity, I asked him for his colleague's name, to my surprise, that guy who went too over was my bf!

I had a big quarrel with my ex, he didn't deny except telling me it was always the foreign girls who offered themselves to him, but he remembered to use condom. What pissed me off most was he told me "you're the only girl I truly love and will marry, why bother about others?" He told me most of his colleagues are doing this, nothing new.

We broke up after this. The last time I heard about him was that he's working in ST, married with a child, but also dating a sweet young girl from his company. The worst thing is his wife is also working in the same company as them, but different department.

I always thought SAF, navy and airforce are the one having affairs more!! didnt realise that SIA also same Engineering men are the same..

I actually think the general population is moving in that direction and its not specific to just a certain company or job. Got so many friends around me divorce because of adultery its actually very depressing.

hi, din know there is such topic in here ! i just heard from my maid few days ago too ! her sister (single), a philipino working as SIA engineers, also had an affair with a singaporean chinese !!!!!!

Hi christine, care to pm me your hubby's name? we might be talking about the same man for all you know!!! I hope its not.

Chrisk, u should communicate with yr husband and address yr concerns to him. Continuing guessing is useless and might seriously cause a big problem in yr marriage. This is not the only company which have straying men, it lies with the men
However, yr suspicion may be valid from what you mentioned above. usually won't lost interest in having sex unless with strong reasons if he doesn't gets from u and where is he getting it from?

I think fooling around is very common these days. Some wives choose to ignore/tolerate and others cannot leave the marriage due to financial dependency on husbands. Very sad to see all this becoming more and more rampant.

Back