A fresh thread looking for JURONG mummys...

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Mummypooh</font>
Received and I placed order liao. Dropped u an email oso
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">batbat / Cutieyunyun</font>
included ur items as well. Have dropped u all email</font>

Dear mummies,

I'm new to this thread. Would like to seek your help.
I plan to send my gal when she's 18 Months old (July 2011) to a play group center (2 hours daily) near Pioneer, any recommendation? Thanks in advanced.

lovemaxmax,

Sent.
What is POV?
I am also worry freak, otherwise you won't see me searching high and low (though some of it is by calling), n scare this scare that. My friend told me most CCC when you close door, you dont even know what is happening. Pay high does not guarantee too much thing, pay lesser also does not mean it is a good deal.

Watching TV, what I know some CCC start to watch around 5plus. Is this the timing you saw?

cheesecake,

Ya lor.
But, I think if they give 2 mths or more notice, still reasonable.
If suddenly next mth increase or increase 2 or 3 times per year, then i think not reasonable.

lovemaxmax,

Is your boy happy there?
How long does he take to settle down? Does he cry a lot during initial stage? Did the teacher help to settle him in?
Is the english and chinese teacher able to speak properly?
I just read some comments from another forum.
It seen mostly bad comments?

Hi ying,
My son currently attended 2hrs daily playgroup at the enrichment classroom located on the second floor of jurong west sport complex.
You may want to check it out ..
happy.gif

batbat - for me still ok, cos after increase the fees still cheaper than at IFC haha.. but if they really wanna increase we also cannot do anything one.. unless you pull out but it doesnt make sense too..

Hi all Jurong mommies,

I need some support for the following PA courses as my girl has registered for these PA holiday courses...but it seems that the CC has little response. Hope the courses will have more registrations that so that the course can be held.

Thanks for your support.

Summerville's The Elves &amp; The Shoemaker (Age 5-9yrs) AT Jurong Spring CC
http://one.pa.gov.sg/CRMSPortal/CRMSPortal.portal?_nfpb=true&amp;_windowLabel=CRMSPortal_1&amp;_urlType=render&amp;_mode=view&amp;CRMSPortal_1_action=ACMParticipantMaintain&amp;_pageLabel=CRMSPortal_page_1&amp;IdProdInst=15918963&amp;CWT=

IKIDS Super Cool Magic Workshop at Nanyang CC
http://one.pa.gov.sg/CRMSPortal/CRMSPortal.portal?_nfpb=true&amp;_windowLabel=CRMSPortal_1&amp;_urlType=render&amp;_mode=view&amp;CRMSPortal_1_action=ACMParticipantMaintain&amp;_pageLabel=CRMSPortal_page_1&amp;IdProdInst=16054073&amp;CWT=

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">batbat</font>
POV = point of view
happy.gif

yes yes... around 5 start watching tv liao. some i know morning oso watch leh!!!! but not for Carpe Diem. I've nvr seen them watching tv. Even when i went to pick my boy once at around 6pm, they were all playing toys.. no TV.. so i like this part.

Is your boy happy there? <font color="ff0000">Yes. he looks forward to going to sch everyday</font>
How long does he take to settle down? Does he cry a lot during initial stage? <font color="ff0000">Took about almost a mth b4 he was willing to walk happily into sch.. cried for about a week.. after tat was juz tears in his eyes, as he's saying bye to me</font>
Did the teacher help to settle him in? <font color="ff0000">Definitely. They assured him tat i will go pick him up after sch</font>
Is the english and chinese teacher able to speak properly? <font color="ff0000">So far ok leh... his chinese teacher from China. Eng teacher from Myanmmar i think. but still ok. i understand lah</font>
I just read some comments from another forum.
It seen mostly bad comments? <font color="ff0000">hhmm... bad comments? haha... okok, mayb to each his own bah. What i find good, might not be what u think is good. That's y sometimes i dun wanna read so much. i would rather go down to the centre to experience for myself.</font>

Hope the above helps</font>

cheesecake,

Yes, as long as you feel the price is ok and you baby is doing fine and happy there. I guess it is worth every single cent.

morning....
after all the considersation.....

my gal will start her lesson at mmi.... no choice.... it will be more tiring for my hubby or i if we put her to another school.... therefore my pocket had burn a super big hole.... and i will be cutting down all the expenses from now on till end of next year when my boy grad from his k2....... then at least not so heavy for us.....

it is time to look for high paid job.... haha

hi yun,

Thanks for your help. May I know the name of the enrichment class that you mentioned, and how much u paid for it monthly? Thank a lot~
happy.gif

Poshies,

Why you didn't wait for First Skool at Blk648?
Think yun said opening soon and should be expecting calls soon?
Or try the iciban that butterwaffles n cheesecake like?
It is cheaper, unless you looking out for premium CC.

hi batbat,
there are a few consideration.... mainly is the distance..... my hubby leave for work early in the morning before 7am... therefore no way for him to send the kids to school, and i don think i'm able to manage 2 kids 2 different school....

at 648 is not convient for me... plus my boy is in his last year at Kindergarden... and he is enjoying his special discounted rate with mmi... there i would not be changing in... those on the way to my boy school is only daystar which no more place... haiz.... burning my pocket...

hi poshies,

So you also stay near the stadium like cheesecake and buttlewaffles.

Yes, distance is a bit problem. Otherwise, I will take on 922, the 2 little wings at jurong west st52 or 42. The school fees are very afforable to me.

The first skool, think no hope liao.

Little Sunny Side,

You been to these 2 before. Just normal CCC but super long queue too (but not sure as long as My First Skool).
Anyway, I place my name as waiting list also.

Hi Batbat,
I went to Brightkids @ abt 4 pm so felt a bit hot, coz got evening Sun. didnt talk to anyone..
I also went online to put on waiting list... but nobody reply.. dun know received or not.

gg to check out Brightsun tis fri...but felt also a bit out of the way for me.

Little Sunny Side,

I went too, saw many kids, about 90++ if I am not wrong. Didn't really manage to walk around. However, from the MCYS link, it shown they always have 24 months license. I guess quite good for value. I also didn't get much information. The teacher told me many on waiting list.
As for brightsun, I went on Sat and able to show me around. Nothing much, except the chinese teacher is friendly (which is good). Submitted name as waiting list too.

May I know where you stay?

Anyway, for me My Frist Skool, I got super low chance. Called up and found my "name" at the bottom.
Blk671 - approxi 200 list
Blk648 - approxi 300 list
JP - approx 300 list

Super unbeliveable, 1 year in advance register also got low chance.

Little Sunny Side,

Have you been to Carpe Diem?
If cost is not a hugh concern, you can try.
Lovemaxmax boy is there and her feedback overall is pretty positive.
I am hestitate mainly due to the school fee.

Hi batbat,
I stay @ 654
u manage to find out where u are in the Q for My First Skool? I called but they dun want to tell me. when did u call?
Regarding the waiting list... I wonder how is there system like. It is all kids share the same waiting list. Or do there have diff list for diff age grp? I also wonder all the parents who put kids in waiting list is it put to 'see how', will they really switch their kids from existing if they are received call.

Anyway, dun lose heart.. coz u not sending ur gal in yet right? If u are in Q no 3 right now then u shd worry. Coz they are gg to call u soon.. but u are not ready.

I went to Cherie Hearts @ 721 last mth. they told me hv vacancy for Jan'11. But I saw the 42" inch TV there.. then the area having HDB upgrading... so I didn sign up.

I hv not been to Carpe Diem.. is it good?
how much?

Mummies at this thread.
Survey a bit. How many of u
1) Kids currently in CC
2) Kids in waiting list of My First Skool
3) Will really switch from existing CC to My First Skool if got vacancy for ur kids

Batbat – how come you managed to find out the Q for my first skool? Last week my hb colleague called to ask, they say unable to advise..

Ashwen – I agree with you. Many parents put on waiting list just in case.. so sometimes the Q number is not really a good guage of the actual Q too.. for me, hb wants to put on wait list for my first skool at 648, I am not sure where are we in the Q. I don’t think I want to switch if really got chance, but hb seems to want to switch over cos he said its more convenient for him to pick up after work

Little Sunny Side/cheesecake,

I "try" several times.

Yesterday, I called First Skool hotline. A lady kind enough to let me know approximate how many register online.
Today, I called again for blk648 and managed to speak to person in charge. She mentioned my name at the bottom for about 300++ registration.

Blk671 - i went to look for principal (I stay very near) and enquired "my application". She found my name and it is at the bottom in the file.

That why the chance is low for me.

Carpe Diem - not bad, nice environment, clean and bright. AT $420. If you see earlier conversation between lovemaxmax, her boy is happy there.

Hi Batbat,
what is the telp number of My first skool blk 648
Checked online, find the hotline only.

would like to call them too...

Batbat – hmm, then I should ask my hb colleague to call and ask..or later i try to call and ask abt my Q see whether they will tell me..

The hotline same.
Then request to speak to the person in charge for blk648 Jur West.
I think maybe "heng suai" cos some weeks ago, I think I called but nothing infor provide.
Maybe some customer service more "helpful".

I just called the mainline. I request to speak with the officer in charge of the 648 centre. She told me my girl is in the middle of the queue for toddler class. Total waiting list for toddler is 84+ but vacancy only 8, so she said most likely no chance loh..

yah, last week my hb colleague called but no info. But just now I told the officer that my friend called before, so should be able to get me the info, then they transfer me to the person in charge

cheesecake,

At least you found out more than me.
Haha..

I think it make sense then for 200 to 300 in the list. Imagine toddler 80plus as mentioned by cheesecake, infant another 80, Nusery another 80, K1/K2 abother 80? That is 300++

batbat - yaloh, but i was shocked to hear only 8 vacancy!

yun - duno is it we all keep calling for the 648 officer then now she super busy LOL

yun.. maybe coz i was on the line..
i am in mid of Q for tod class.
sad.gif

She told me very slim chance too.
Centre shd be opening 3 Jan'11

haha.. think me also no chance.
if yes, they have should call me le...
Now already 8th December and they open on 03rd January...less than a month time.

cheesecake, the line is busy again...wakakaka.. its my fate...hahahaha
I don't think I can get chance coz I register later than all of you I think

Huh? Tats not a gd news. Haiz. Hw come for toddler's class the vacancy is so less. Lets hope for d best.
happy.gif

Cheesecake,

May I Noe hw many students r there in yr gal's class at Ichiban?

Little Sunny / Chessecake,

Hey, at least you both at middle.
Mine at bottom. Guess due to register only a month ago. Hand/Leg too slow..

Sigh..

Back