A fresh thread looking for JURONG mummys...

Hi Ashwen,

I tint sometime last mth there's a promo for Abott milk powders; Similac , Gain series @ Ntuc. Sure, we can help each other to have a look out for gd bargains. Keke

I found this NTUC rather web link useful ,they will have new promo starting every Thurs;

http://www.whatsupatfairprice.com.sg/index.aspx

Butterwaffles, dun worry too much. I'm just like u, when my boy start crawling backwards I wonder when he will crawl forward. Nw I wonder when my boy will walk w/o support. Keke.

I guess each child develop at their own pace, u can try to encourage them by putting his fav toys in front of them & give them lots of praise to crawl forward. Yr hb can also crawl on d flr w him to motivate him. Keke.

Ilovemaxmax,

Guess it's better to self drive.. Own time own target. But my hb can't drive up ESP at nite coz he's sure fall asleep on highway. V dangerous. I'm still finding ways to convince hb to drive up maybe in d day. Keke.

mummypooh - the Mamypoko selling at $30 for 2 packs but its 44pc if I rem correctly.. so if NTUC jumbo pack got offer, will be cheaper lah

my girl is on Nan Pro HA 3, and I found the medical hall at 900++ is cheaper than the Pioneer MRT one. So usually will go there to buy few tins together..

butterwaffles - at new IFC, will it be more convenient than 922? Also, not to worry on the development.. every baby develop on their own pace.

IloveMaxMax, last time i used to go JB, my husband always forget abt the 3/4 tank rule, always go in with nearly empty tank! Make me worried everytime we go JB because i myself also always forget to remind my husband to topup until 3/4 first. Eh, i've not tried going via 2nd link. Is it faster to go that way? I've tried dangling his fav item (my hp) in front of him and he will try to POUNCE forward! Not crawl properly. Because he pounced, of cos he will land on his face right? Then he will cry...duhz.

ashwen, your boy is fast! Can sit when he was 4-5month?? My MIL wa complaining why my boy cannot sit when he was 5 month old. I shot back at her that she is always carrying him 24/7, he where got chance to learn how to sit?? My boy only managed to sit up on his own when he was around 7months old. She used to keep nagging me about walker, telling me it's very good. I just say no and who dares to buy i throw. Nowadays, my MIL finds it very tiring to take care of my boy, she says taking care of my boy is alot of work because he is so hyper. Now i know why she used to boast about being able to babysit a pair of twins and 1 kid at the same time. Cos she dumped all of them into walkers. Mummies, you all must take note of what kind of nannies you all engage, really. Thanks for the recommendation! Today after work, im bringing my boy to my parents'
happy.gif
I'll take the chance to go library & see if i'm lucky enough to get the book!

cutiebb, you mean your gal one fine day just stood up & walk??!

mummypooh, our kids' age gap should be quite close ah...your boy turning 1 soon right?? My boy turning 1 next year Feb.

cheesecake, the new IFC is at Jurong West St.42. There is a direct bus 502 there but i have to walk through 3 blocks to get to blk 553. Or i can take mrt to lakeside and take bus 98/98M/187 (3 stops) and same thing, alight at bus-stop and walk through 3 blocks which is faster than taking bus 502. I can actually reach this centre earlier after work compared to blk 922 but in the mornings, i would have to leave earlier. Too bad lor, because the lady at blk 922 asked me to wait and i can't wait. I will go mad if i have to wait any longer.

Cheesecake,

U mean d pioneer mrt chinese med shop selling 2 packs for $30?yeah... I always buy those mamypoko jumbo packs when they have sales. This wk Ntuc selling @ $20.65 for d jumbo open diapers. But Me dun dare to stock up too many M sizes coz my boy is growing but I duno when he will outgrow his M size. Keke Wait buy too many & he can't wear, chiam.

900++ med shop? where isit? Is it near to d 7-11 where d kopishop is?

Buttrwaffles,

Yup, my boy is turning one next mth,26 Nov.time reali flies...seems like yday I juz give birth to him... Nw he's aldy so big. Nw I'm trying to plan his first bday, but these few days he's down w high fever & flu.( kena virus from his papa lo) nw v shag & deprive of my sleep....yawn.

butterwaffles....haaa....my ger just one fine day we let her stand and she just walk and after that THEN she start to learn to stand up herself

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Little Sunny Side Up</font>
Can i just type LSSU in future? haha.. ur nick v long wor.

Going to stay Grand Continental i think. Equatorial is juz opp the shopping mall rite???

Wow.. thanks for the recommendation on porridge. I will go keep a lookout
happy.gif
my boy is now on rice at times for dinner. preparing him for outside food liao. He just passed 1 this mth.

<font color="ff0000">Cutiebb</font>
wah... ur gal v 'li hai' leh.. start walking immediately. i really admire such babies lor. coz its really not easy.

I going Malacca nxt mth. Leaving 13th Nov - 16th Nov.

<font color="ff0000">Mummypooh</font>
ya.. i agree on the own time own target part. take bus.. wanna go toilet oso muz ren. unless the bus got toilet. esp bringing kids, i think self-drive better.

<font color="ff0000">Cheesecake</font>
ur bb on Nan Pro 3 Or Nan HA 3???? How much isit being sold at the shop?

<font color="ff0000">Butterwaffles</font>
wah.. u all really risk taker leh, hehe. dun get caught ya
happy.gif
but usually they will juz tell us to drive through. seldom check de. Stay at JW le.. always go by Tuas checkpoint. coz find woodlands checkpt so far leh. n some more the jusco we go to is juz about 15min from 2nd link nia

I find 2nd link fewer cars lor.. but gotta pay more in toll lah.</font>

Hi IloveMaxMax,
u can use ashwen, the rest all use ashwen. Ur nick also quite long.
ya, Equatorial is juz opp the shopping mall. So very easy to go back if BB tired or cranky..

sign.. my boy coming to 18 mth this week. Still very slow on solids. everything also don like.
don know how. rice only take few mouthful don want liao.

tonight, I thinkin to puree meat again for him. Will try to new receipe. Puree Meat cream soup. Hope he will like it.

Hi Butterwaffles,
My BB can sit early coz fr 2 mths plus, his naps are taken in the rocker. So sort of always sitting liao.

Any tips on making BB eat more?

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">ashwen</font>
hehe, phew, this is much shorter :p, can juz type ILMM for me bah

i noe it can be quite headache if bb dun take wat u give lor, v stressful de. u still puree-ing meat for him? y not juz mince abit... so at least he can practice chewing oso?

personal preference bah. i dun like to puree until so 'lan lan' for my boys, coz i want them to practice chewing. my helper often use those grinder to mince the meat tat i buy.. until quite fine... till 1 fine day, i realise when i feed him, he will swallow the porridge.. den purposely use the tongue to push out the meat (if it's too chunky). den i realise i have to stop this lor. else in future, abit chunky only he refuse to bite.. only swallow

Wow.. but ur puree meat cream soup sounds so yummy lor!!!

What are u feeing ur boy at the moment? how does ur daily menu look like?</font>

Hi ILMM,
my BB can chew lah.. But I think maybe he don like. Or his tongue super sensitive.
He can chew on biscult, bread, cookies, Chicken Wings etc.

But same like wat u described.
If he eats porridge, it must not contain small minced item inside. He will split it out.
Even fish mashed till very fine, mixed into porridge he can detect and stop eating!

Morning - wake up = Milk
10 plus - Porridge, Dao Huey(Bean curb) or Bread etc. Recently noodles / Kuey Teow
occasionally rice.
12 pm = Milk
Then Nap
2-3 pm = Milk &amp; Bread
6 pm = Usually porridge, boiled with meat chunks &amp; assortment of either one/two more items like carrots / Tofu / Potatoes / Pumpkins / Sweet Potatoes / Brocolli / eggs. etc.
He will eat the "Kosong" Porridge, and then the Tofu &amp; Eggs etc separately. Carrots a little. The rest no.
8 pm = Milk
then sleep liao till next morning.

Only fruit he likes is banana. But also half of the small type. Somemore my MIL will control. She says banana eat too much will LS.

Problem is I cannot control what he eats / how much in day time, coz I not ard. My MIL always claim that he eat lots during the day. But when I ard he don wan to eat?!?

But sometimes, I see that BB very hungry by 6 pm when I reach home, he will ask me for food. But my MIL can still tell him to wait. Says he just eaten. Then when I ask her wat time he ate.. she says 3 plus!

Actually, I stopped Pureeing food for him long time ago. But since he refused to take meat. I tot to try again and offer as a soup side dish for him, so at least he can actually consume the meat, instead of we just boil with the poridge and then throw it away. I will offer him chunky version of meat, for him to practise chewing.

ilovemaxmax....i was worry too at the same time, cos she doesnt crawl, she will just whole body lie down with the face facing down and move like a crocodile, legs never four de, and till now she never master the crawling skills...

and she also never learn to get up from sitting position to standing...always we will carry her to stand and she will stand and can stand...so out of sudden when shes 13mth, she just walk few steps and start walking since then....

after that then she learn to stand from sitting position....very very different from other babies...but now she master on how to stand from sitting position, i also cant be bother which one shld start lst...haa....

BUT crawling is never never in her life...haa

mummypooh, wow! I hope time flies faster ah. I can't wait for my boy to be able to walk and eat on his own. Zzzz....What are you doing for his first birthday??

cutiebb, your girl really solid. I think my boy will be slower...judging from the way he tries to crawl nowadays :p I'm hoping he will be able to walk by next year CNY so that i can ask him to go get his own angbaos, hahahahaha!

IloveMaxMax, eh no leh, everytime we reaching custom liao, will panic sia. I always try to make myself remember to remind my husband to topup petrol but always fail....zzzz. Eh, my contact lens, i buy all from this optical shop at Citysquare. I call to order and they will send me by post, hahahaah. But payment wise, i get friends to help me pass the cash to the shop, hehe.

ashwen, i think...im getting old. Is it you or Poshies' hubby who's in the property line? Heh. Want to know if it's possible to put up one's unit for sale a few weeks before the minimum occupancy period is fulfilled, keke. Am planning to sell my flat then move to my parents' place at Sengkang while we decide on whether to get a new or resale flat. By the way, between 3pm tp 6pm, shouldn't there be a snack time? *scratch head* Does he like steam egg with minced meat? In order to improve his appetite, i think have to prepare the food in the way he likes but in a healthier manner? I remember you said before he likes chicken wings and char siew? Is it possible to grill chicken wings at home? Or make home-made char siew rice with a soup? I'm surprised your boy can take vegetables but not minced meat...!

Butterwaffles – hmm at least can get there faster then better also.. i still wonder why they ask you to wait hor.. somemore they can still take in new bb.. anyway nvm.. hope your boy will do well in the other IFC too..

Mummypooh – yep, two packs of 44s for $30.. its cheaper if Jumbo pack no offer lah. Sometimes i didn’t stock up enough of jumbo pack on offer, I will buy at the pioneer mrt medical hall loh.. i stock up a lot, cos my girl still long way to go.. still rem she was on NB size for v long too.. the 900+ medical hall is beside the 7-11 one..

Cutiebb – my girl same as yours.. always dun wanna walk, then one fine day suddenly walking past me, I was like wahh! Then eversince then, walking non-stop until I hope she can sit still..

Ilovemaxmax – she’s on Nan HA 3, at 900+ medical hall is $33

Ashwen – so fast hor 18mths le.. to make bb eat more, heard from frens can let them eat the “si shen powder” supposedly can increase appetite.. i tried on my girl but not much diff leh..

Hi Ashwen,

Wow, yr boy can sleep so early.so envy. Normally my boy sleep by 12am... Imagine we need to wait until he fall asleep then we can sleep. Recently, we tried to make him sleep ard 10pm but he woke up ard 4am for milk!!. Somemore hes a Light sleeper, always wakes up a few times in d nite. Duno isit he took a lot of naps in d day??

Any mummies gota any advices to make my bb sleep early ard 8 or 9pm then wake up 7pm nxt morning??

Me too heard abt d sishen powder or sishen cereal which I normally get from eu ren sheng. Its help to improve appetite. Maybe u can give a try ya.

Butterwaffles
My hb juz wana a simple bday celebration w our immediate families lo. Juz have a simple lunch w a cake at hm. &amp; im planning our first family photoshot on his actual first bday to mark tis memorable day lo. hw abt u?

cheesecake, haiz...my husband also question! A lady said she will return my call but she never did. I only waited one day and i didn't call back to ask also...partly because the principal of the other centre was alot more 'pro-active'. When i called to enquire and didn't call back the next day, she called me to ask me to go down and see the place (which actually, i've already did during their openhouse). End up we decided to just go for it as we did consider the centre for childcare for my boy too...didnt consider the IFC at that time as my MIL was still tolerable :p Abit disappointed that my boy cannot go to the 922 thou...Maybe they feel newborns easier to take care than a 8month old baby?? Because newborns just lie there or carry? My boy is quite a handful, they've met him before ^^

mummypooh, same! If my boy can sleep at 10.30pm, wah i must buy toto already. I usually don't get to do anything at all until he sleeps so when i'm alone with my boy, i only take my dinner and bath near midnight, lol. Sibei xiong...So i can't advise you as well as mine also same pattern. I dont know what to do for his first birthday....Maybe bring him to JB and take photo because my bridal studio allows me to go back every year to take photoshoot but i'm only allowed to bring home ONE free photo. Want more? Topup money...lol! Or go Changi Airport and let my boy roam around. I think my MIL will want to celebrate and let my boy choose those 4 thingy you've mentioned? I'm fine with that lar, if she wants. Most likely she will want buffet &amp; invite her gambler friends and relatives etc. I'm fine with anything as long as she pays :p For my parents' side, we'll go to a nice restaurant with my ah-ma but can't go outdoors to walk too much as my ah-ma's health is not too good liao. You ever thought of planning an 'excursion' for your boy's birthday? Go sentosa or what? LOL. I intially thought of booking a weekend at one of the Sentosa hotels but my bestie tells me my boy is too young to appreciate and we won't be able to fully enjoy also as my boy is still so small...

Butterwaffles,

Ya lo, duno isit they r still small so can't reali sleep v long, hiaz duno when they can sleep early &amp; wake up early.

My Mil also wana to invite all her frens &amp; relatives for his first bday but his son dun wana a big party le. Kaka. Too bad. @ least i managed to convince my hb to invite my side of relatives. Wahaha...Excursion ah, we have been bringing him to many places as if tourist....&amp; take many pics for keepsake. Nw duno where to go also.keke tats y I'm tinting of going overseas but my hb v busy, duno when he can take leave lo.

hi mummies,
i just found out about this thread. im staying in st. 91.. nice to "meet" all u jurong mummies!

i have a 6 mths old son and am currently searching for a suitable enrichment center to enrol him next jan. thinking of GUG, iGenius or LNT at Safra Jurong. =)

buttwerwaffles - probably hor.. nvm soon he will be 18mths, then can go Ichiban le.. nearer somemore!!

as for babies' sleeping early.. then I must be considered heng liao.. my girl slept quite early and through the night since 6-7 mths old.. sometimes got sleep late but not very often.. so I cant really advise much.. she only naps twice last time.. but now only nap once in the afternoon.. maybe you can try to "drain out" the energy during daytime by letting baby play, hopefully by evening time can KO..

welcome MrsM.. just for your info, the LNT at Safra has been closed. It has been merged with the Jurong East branch since early this year..

wah.. from 3 - 6pm nothing already ah? yeah.. like wat butterwaffles mentioned, can get steam egg with minced meat.. or steam tofu with minced meat. den add spinach inside as well, so tat it's well-balanced
happy.gif

hey hey... u noe wat.. i heard that some kids do not crawl the normal 4 legged leh. some use commando crawl all the way. n there's this old wive's tale that if they commando crawl, ur nxt bb is a gal.

My MIL BEST.. use her butt to crawl.. so grandma say she brought all the sisters. coz after her got 5 gals, before finally another boy.

eh, but at least ur gal can do commando crawl. u noe how my couz's daughter move from 1 place to another? i mentioned she dunno how to crawl rite? she roll herself to get from Pt A to Pt B. I dunno to say that she's clever or wat
happy.gif

I juz saw NTUC got offer now for Nan Pro 3. 2 tins for $55, free waterbottle

<font color="ff0000">MrsM</font>
Welcome
happy.gif
I'm oso pretty new to the thread. On LNT, i'm afraid their internal dispute not settled yet.. so i kinda hesitant to try leh...

What do u all think of GUG? My #1 was at JG last time..</font>

Hi Mummypooh / Butterwaffles,
contrary to common conception must make bb very tired that they go to sleep. Actually there is negative effects. I found that if during daytime my BB doesnt nap well or play too much he will not want to go to bed at night or will wake up in the middle of night with nightmare.
Also I read from book that if your BB is overly tired. He gets cranky, rather that fall asleep naturally. His sleep will also be disturbed, in terms of brain-wave pattern.

For me, I always have a pre-sleep routine for my BB to follow. So he can wind-down and prepare for bedtime.
My routine,
Bath - nice warm bath will help BB to relax, and be fresh. Else if play whole day , will be sticky. If bath too early and run abt again become sticky again, so no point
- Can use Johnson's bedtime bath - Lavender scent

Then while changing him start to tell him is bedtime liao..
Then go around the house keep all the toys together - reminding him "coz want to sleep liao."
Kiss and hug Daddy and MIL to say goodnight.
Bring him into bedroom (dimly-lit) with his milk
Then he will lie down on bed to drink milk. Sometimes we will sing songs or listen to music from musical box.
I will stay with him till he sleeps.

Very impt for my BB is no one else must come into the room when he trying to sleep. Else he wants to play again. Lights must be dim. Coz maybe we always tell him "night time dark dark" must sleep. Can only play when bright. So if light-on, he cannot sleep.

Apart from the keeping toys routine, I started the rest since very beginning.

Other routine , u can consider reading bedtime stories to him.

Now he naps once a day as well.

My BB now older is very in-tune to his routine, sometimes he is tired wants to sleep. He will bring me to bathroom and point to the shower.
Or even go to room himself with his bear.

MrsM,
I went to LNT JE for 1 term. I find that qt first quite interesting, but after a few lessons a bit boring.

Butterwaffles,
my hubby is the one in property line.

Oh ya - last friday I make puree of chicken and potatoes for my son. He likes it.
ytd tired puree of frog leg - since cooked frog leg porridge. the meat very rough so he dont like.
I will try the beef puree tonight.
happy.gif

iloxemaxmax, after i read your sentence "she roll herself to get from Pt A to Pt B. I dunno to say that she's clever or wat"...im laughing in front of the pc...haaa

so cute lei...wahaaa.....shes smart lor....for my ger, after she do those 'crawling' she dun like, so she use her buttock to shift herself...haaa

congrats!! at least ur boy takes the pureed food
happy.gif

haha... so u trying for another kid? might be a gal the nxt one again wor :p</font>

mummypooh, come to think of it, i hardly bring my son out. Cos Mon - Fri, we work so evenings go home ah. Then Fri evening or Sat morning, it's off to Sengkang as my parents miss my boy and want to see him. Sunday morning or afternoon, we go back Jurong, depending on my husband's work schedule. So actually, we hardly bring him out. If bring him out, we have to take leave already because weekends really have to go Sengkang else my parents will be very sad ah.

mrsm, welcome! Under 1 year old can attend class ah? Can they even sit still??

cheesecake, my boy takes one long nap in the morning after his bath and milk and one short nap (30mins or so) in the afternoon or evening. He used to take 2 naps of around 2 hours each in the morning and afternoon, but now he is sleeping lesser ah. Until my MIL very tired, hoho.

ashwen, i do have a bedtime routine with my boy as well but because now he is only 8 months old, the 'routine' cannot be followed through sometimes. Can forget about reading to him thou, now he just grabs, tears and chew the books. I will prefer to bathe my boy in the evening too but you know right, by the time i'm home, its already 8pm or even later. My MIL bathes him around 5pm or so. What i do is i wipe him down again....I also keep the light dim ah. Also nowadays, he will wail when i try to carry him and feed him milk. Had to let him lie on his side to give him milk or water. Am i right to do that? Cos he is only 8months old now...but i have no choice at times cos the moment i try to position him to lie on my arms, he will scream bloody murder. Hahahah, good to have your confirmation! Might approach you next year as we are selling our flat ah. Good that your boy is trying! Hopefully he will try to accept more meat soon ah. Headache right, must always think of new ways to prepare food to entice him to eat!

IloveMaxMax, i also laugh out loud when you talk about rolling from point A to point B! 2 nights ago my boy start inching forward, commando style. But only 2 or 3 steps only. Then he gave up and rolled to his back and eh eh eh eh. Recently i find him very 'responsive'. Not happy eh, happy eh, want attention eh, hungry eh, buay song eh, everytime eh eh eh. ZzZzzz....

Hi Ashwen,

I too tried to read stories to my boy b4 he sleeps but I wipe his body onli coz he baths ard 4pm. Too late in d nite, he will sure catch a cold coz he gota not much fats.... Keke. But after reading, he's still awake &amp; wana to play or touch tis &amp; tat. I read some bks saying some kids need to burn off extra energy b4 he can sleep. But d prob is sometimes, he play until super active &amp; can't fall asleep. I ever tried to let him sleep ard 8 or 9 pm, but he will wake up after an hr or so.

Gd to hear tat yr boy is trying d meat. :p my boy also having probs w his milk intake, sometimes he dun even wana to take a single drop of milk at some of his feedtime. I tot all babies love milk but not true for my boy le. Nw he noes hw to hit d milk bottle away or turn his face away. We also duno wat to do w him &amp; can't force him drink also.Headache sia.

Butterwaffles, We also didn bring my boy out every wkend or bring him to my parents hse coz sometimes we r too tired or my hb needs to work.so we juz stay @ hm. My parents &amp; aunty will miss him v much &amp; sometimes will call me whether am I going bk. Keke.

mummypooh, how often do you bring your boy to your parents'? I think im very kua zhang because rain or shine, every weekend i'm at my parents' because they want to see my boy ah. My confinement was at my parents' and after i return to Jurong, the routine has been the same till now! Sometimes, my mum gets an off day on weekdays, morning my husband will fetch us to my parents' before leaving for his workplace (he works at Changi/Loyang) then i will leave for work from Sengkang. Before i had my boy, i only visit my parents like, once at month only because i was lazy to travel to Sengkang. But now cannot already ah, really want my boy to be close to his wai-gong wai-po ;p So my husband spends alot on petrol. Weekdays he already has to drive to Changi/Loyang to work, weekends still gota go Sengkang, hahahaha...which is why we decided to move to Sengkang/Punggol after we sell our flat next year.

Butterwaffles,

Normally we will go bk my parents hse every Sun, unless we r busy or sick/tired. my boy will be v busy there coz besides going to my parents hse, my Aunty &amp; grandma also stay in same blk but different storey. my Aunty &amp; cousin will bring my boy downstairs &amp; Jalan Jalan. So sometimes if we go bk in d evening, its seems like time not enough for them to play w my boy. Keke. when my hb need to work &amp; I need to run some errands, I will send my Boy there as if it's his childcare. Keke. But one ting worrying is my boy may be too pampered as he's reali the crown prince there. Keke

If I'm alone w my boy, sometimes I'm lazy to travel all way to my parents hse which is in town area coz I need to cook &amp; bring all his fd &amp; etc there. He will be in d bb carrier while we took cab to my parents hse. As I dun tint he can kuai kuai keep still to travel via mrt, plus d train is always packed w pple. So it's also expensive on d cab fare.

I also suggesting if move hse, hopefully can move bk to town area so tat its nearer my parents hse &amp; more pple to help me jaga him if we have sometint on. But d prob is d housing price ard town area is super expensive &amp; lots of traffic. (coz my parents hse is near Vivo)

So when u move to Sengkang, yr Mil will missy his grandson badly Liao. Keke.but yr hb agrees to move to Sengkang ?

hi mummypooh,
before sleep, play until super active how to sleep? sure will get nightmares wor. Then eventualy how ur bb sleeps?

there was a phrase a few mths back when my BB refuses milk as well. It was when he started eat more porridge and using straw to drink. So I guess he is eiithr not yet hungry. Or dun like the milk bottles. So I gave him milk in the straw cup or his sippy cup. Then he will drink , fast slower then using milk bottle.
But after a while the novelty idea of the straw cup and sippy cup wears off. So he is back to milk bottle for milk now.

Ilovemaxmax – oh my girl is on the HA one, no offer.. last time NTUC also dint sell the HA.. only recently then got stock up.. so all the while, I need to go the medical hall to buy.. but also cheaper..

Oh, how was JG when your #1 went? Which branch you go to? I enquire the other day, but told me got long waiting list..

Ashwen – wah, dint know that there are negative effects of making bb tired to sleep!

Mummypooh – thats a passing phrase.. after this phrase, bb will be back to normal.. rem when my girl at 4mths plus, refused to drink milk also.. but after 6mths when move on to solids, milk gradually came back, though not as much as like until 3mths old, but at least better than nothing..

Butterwaffles – you are really super on! Can bring your boy back to your parents place every wkend.. then last time you shd have bought a flat in SK/punggol instead of JW hor.... i rarely bring my girl back to my parents place, usually either my parents will drop by my place or we meet outside for lunch on Sundays.. only recently she complained that I shd bring back more often to let them play with my girl.. if let my mum know I got a fren who is so consistently bringing baby back every wk hor, she will sure scold me one haha...

RE: LNT
My girl attended the trial at JE.. that time she was only 7.5mths.. the lesson looks interesting but she simply cannot sit still.. after a while, the whole class of bb will move ard, cos they expect them to sit down at table and chair which i personally think not very practical at their age.. how do you expect them to sit there for 1hr! Somemore, you tell them not to move, prob they don’t even know what you want haha..

Hi Ashwen,

Whenever my boy become over stimulated, we will put him in his bed at his rm &amp; not play or tok to him until he's quiet down &amp; v tired Liao. Then we will put him to sleep. sometimes I felt tat my boy is too excited abt tis new world he's in &amp; wana to explore more. Tats y dun wana to sleep.coz even when we r not playing w him, he will still touch tis &amp; tat while crawling all over d rm.

My boy not well trained w straw yet, bt he Noe hw to drink from sippy bottles. Normally I will put his plain water in d sippy bottles, however he dun like plain water also. whenever I give him d sippy, he also push away wor. Unless hes thristy &amp; i have to try giving him every nw &amp; then lo.Maybe u r rite, maybe my boy is full after eating porridge so dun wana his milk. Keke

Mummies,
For 11 to 12 mth bb, hw many milk feeds &amp; amt of milk shld he drink?

mummypooh, aiyoh then it's even harder for you to move near your parents'! Town area is indeed expensive but if you don't mind waiting, you can try out for BTOs or Sale of Balance flats near town? I rem once, there was a BTO at Bukit Merah. I understand the cab fare part, a few times i went back to Sengkang on my own, it's always around $25 plus, sigh. If i were you, i will see calculate now, see the kind of pricings i can afford before considering which location to aim for if i were to move
happy.gif
When we move to Sengkang, every weekend confirm i will bring my boy to Jurong to see his ah-ma one, i won't deprive her of her grandchild lor. My boy deserves to spend time with her as well. As much as i dislike the old woman, she is his grandma afterall and it's only right my boy has a close relationship with her as well...My husband is very practical. If our flat can be sold at a good price, he will agree. We plan to sell our flat next year, then move in with my parents while we get another flat. I've done some calculations, still can afford a resale 4 room or a new 5 room, so i will see how lor.

cheesecake, after we ROMed, we did try applying for flats in Sengkang/Punggol many times but cannot even get a queue number! So when the Jurong walk-in-selection came along, my husband suggested to just go for it since it's considered quite near to his mum's and its near the mrt. But the main push factor was the low price ah. My dad is not in good health and my mum only gets her offdays on weekdays, so they rarely come my place. I've moved here so long le, they've not visited my place for more than 5 times, haha. Your parents stay where ah? For me, i can't bear to see my parents miss my son ah, everytime i bring him over, they are soo happy to see him, every week by Wednesday, my parents will call to ask if i'm going over on Fri or Sat -_-"" I agree with you! Babies so young how to 'attend' lessons ah? This is one thing i'm very perplexed about..My boy cannot even sit in the highchair for more than 3 minutes without trying to climb out. I think might have to wait until he can walk steadily before i will consider bringing him for 'classes'. But again, i'm reluctant to bring him to classrooms when he's so young. I would love to bring him go swimming, beach, zoo...the outdoors. Hopefully he won't develop myopia like his parents, both my husband &amp; me really have serious eyesight problems.

ilovemaxmax, i dun mind next one is ger wor...wahaaa...i love gers de...haa....but then duno when will have lar...just wait bah...haa

mummies, i brought my ger to attend LNT when shes abt 8mths, she cant sit still but she will stand and learn at the same time...but when she see other jiejie or kor kor sitting down, she also try to sit down but not long lar...

she attended for abt 9mths or so when I stop her cos one thing, its getting boring for her, 2ndly the jap teacher in JE branch I dun really like...

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Butterwaffles</font>
hehe, good tat ur boy so responsive. he's trying to tell u his likes / dislikes
happy.gif

Ooohh... i oso bring my kids back to my parents' place every Sunday. Like u, i dun wanna deprive my parents of spending time with their grandchild. Already i find tat once a wk is not enuff. My kids are not as close to my parents as they are to my ILs. Sometimes when i see the difference in reactions when they see either of our parents, i feel v sad. coz definitely, i would prefer my kids to be closer to my parents den to my ILs.

Afterall, it was my mum who helped out in my confinement. My MIL did not lift a single finger. hmph!

Talking abt traveling, every sun we will travel from Jurong to Serangoon, coz my parents live in Serangoon. V far, so quite sian sometimes when we think of going down oso. but cannot dun go down leh
sad.gif
We have a flat in Serangoon too, but shifted up to Jurong coz nearer to office - we work in Tuas. So my Serangoon flat is currently vacant. Waiting for nxt yr 5 yrs den i can rent out le..

Ooohh.... how come u still let ur gal take the HA one, since she's so big le? My boys were on HA for 1 and 2. Now change to Nan Pro 3 already. My mum say dun need the HA content le..

My #1 attended JG at Evans. Somehow i juz didnt like the Forum branch wor. hhhmm.... playclub ya, i think got long waiting list, esp for weekend classes. last time he started with playnest den promoted to playclub for 1 term. after tat i stopped him coz he start CC already, den dun wana tax him further.

I'm such a procrastinator manz. my #1 started JG at 10mths. Now my #2 already 13mths... still haven brought him to anywhere yet.. haha

I like gals too!!! My ILs been wishing for a gal as well. They already pinned all their hopes on us coz they themselves tried and no gals. come out all the boys. i told them can kinda give up le. i already got 2 boys. i think high chance nxt one would be a boy too. in tat case, i dun even wanna try le..

i keep telling everybody who ask when i'm going to go for #3. If can guarantee to get a gal, i will get preggy immediately manz...</font>

IloveMaxMax, aiyoh...work in Tuas but your flat in Serangoon! Personally, i like Serangoon. It's gona be a happening place! I actually have a few friends who bought flats in Serangoon and rented them out the moment they get the flats because they wanted some time to earn the rent to get cash for the renovation &amp; wedding. I think it's not legal right? Heh. Aiyoh, if confirm i can get a gal for #2, i will be very tempted to try for one too. But how to guarantee, it's impossible.

ashwen, i use lip balm on my boy! Because we sleep in aircon. I use this: http://www.loveforearth.com/product_details.php?category_id=67&amp;item_id=10
But i know Sebamed has lip balm for babies as well.

Hi Butterwaffles,
is the lip balm oily or have funny smell /taste?
personally i am not a fan of lip balms, I hardly use lipstick / gloss / balm etc on myself. Hope my BB ok with it. only buy online? available in store?

ilovemaxmax &amp; butterwaffles...no guarantee lei...if not i sure got for it...haa...im hoping for a ger too for #2...haa...then can play with my #1 and my 2 nieces...if not this boy will become sissy in future...wahaa....

*hi-5*.. i like Serangoon too! and yes, u are so rite... it's gonna be the nxt happening town with NEX opening nxt mth. haha.. tat's y we are not selling our flat, coz value will surely go up. It's so near MRT, schools and shopping mall
happy.gif

Haha, i read only way to guarantee is to go for IVF.. but it's not ethical, so docs won't do it unless u have a pre-existing condition. I noe for sure my gynae will object to it.. haha

yeah... gals so cute rite!!! i wish i had someone to dress up with all those lovely clothes</font>

ashwen, yes it's oily ah...can only buy online. Why not you try Sebamed? I think i also saw Nivea stuff for kids! Can't rem the range includes lip balm or not. So far, my boy is ok with the lip balm but again, i only apply it on him after he is asleep. I reapply after he has his 3/4am feed because aircon really very drying.

IloveMaxMax, then when will you move back to Serangoon?? Ya, i know because my mum is transferring to the new NTUC at the new serangoon mall soon ;p She is now working at the 24-hr Buangkok NTUC. I also know there will be a childcare centre in the mall as well, but this info is from my mum lar. Hahahahaha....

butterwaffles - me too same reasons as you when buying the flat here.. near to in laws and cheap at the time we bought.. Other than that, I would prefer town area too, nearer to work place! My parents at eunos area, so its like going from West to East loh.. take cab also need more than $20 one.. but maybe also my parents not those super on kind.. seldom ask abt my girl.. So now she is closer to my in laws.. my FIL will pop by her IFC to see her every other day, then every weekend we will bring her over to in laws place to play with SIL kids

Yah, they cant sit still, so thats why I brought her to kindermusik after the LNT trial.. but now decide to take a break as she moving to Ichiban soon le! So see hows she is adapting there first before we see any other places to go and trial hehe..

IloveMaxMax - oh can change to normal le? My girl was on Mamil Gold 2, before the PD recommend we change to Nan Pro 3 HA one.. so since the switch, we didnt thought to change again.. probably I should ask the PD at next jab...

Yeah the JG super long waitlist, that day when I asked, they told me got what 38+, 60+ on different classes.. I almost fainted.. only the forum afternoon class then got shorter waitlist, so I think maybe will wait till she settled down in CC first then decide ba.. since CC will have many activities liao..

haha... we prob wont be shifting back to Serangoon in the near future. Prob only shift back upon retirement bah :p so kua zhang rite? coz our office in Tuas, so makes no sense for us to stay in Serangoon, spend 2 hrs on the road everyday. Now staying in JW, home and office only matter of 5 min.

Yeah.. i heard the mall got alot of shops too... haha... hope my value of flat go up up up!!

what was the reason ur PD suggested the change? coz i noe, the HA content is to prevent allergy reaction de. now that they are so big.. should be ok le.. unless ur gal is allergic to certain stuff

i was juz at Extra ytd leh.. didnt see wat diaper sales. What's the good offer? share share</font>

ashwen, I also want to ask abt that, saw got construction gg on...building wat?

ilovemaxmax, i bought the pampers active (XL) at 3 for $39.85, then got M &amp; L, i think is 2 for $39.85 then still got mamypoko at $20.45 at all sizes big pack de...then got fiti, i nv check the price...heee

cheesecake, did your parents object when you purchase your jurong west flat? Wow, your FIL so sweet, still go IFC to visit your girl. Doing spotchecks huh? ;p

ashwen, all along, i thought the construction is for a new primary school?? LOL. By the way, would you mind helping me ask your hubby, if i wish to rent out my flat for a short period of time around 7 to 8 months, is it possible? I'm looking at renting out the whole unit except for my masterbedroom
happy.gif
Thanks ah! hehe. If it can be done, we can discuss further.

ilovemaxmax - last time my girl was prone to cough, flu etc, so prescribe medicine for allergy as well. then PD also recommend that we change to HA. During the last jab, she did ask which FM we using and she didnt tell us to change though. So i guess I better ask her if need to change at the next jab..

butterwaffles - think my mum not very happy.. but I told her we dont have enough money to buy a flat in Eunos as the prices there is easily over 400K.. somemore she is those traditional sort.. say everything must be paid by hb only. I cannot fork out $ for house, reno, wedding etc.. which is crazy in today society.. and considering that time I just started work, not much CPF, the max price of house we can buy without paying cash is only $250K and you can get this kinda flats only in JW or SK.. then thinking since JW at least got near to in laws, might not be too bad.. if SK worse, no one near to us..

Haha... I thought so too.. but my hb says I very bad to think this way.. cos everytime after the "spotcheck", he got "report" to MIL one.. but as long as he dont disturb her in IFC, I am ok lah.. cos i saw some grandparents kept gg to the CC until the principal super pissed off as it will cause the toddler to be distracted and wanna go home!

ashwen - if really construct primary school then good! think there is not enough here to cater for all our little ones

cheesecake, we really same boat ah. That time our budget also, max 250K. We missed the first WIS for our area in mid 2005 else we could have moved in together soon. So waited for 1 year before we finally managed to get a flat. My parents were cool thou, they felt that singapore is soo small, live anywhere also the same as long as it's near LRT or MRT. Eunos had a BTO a few years back and my ex-colleague was really lucky to get a unit on her first try with her husband! I think she bought a 4-room for under 300K, right next to the MRT. I really envied her that time. Wuhahahahahaha! Recently HDB has 2 BTOs going on and the Sengkang one, will be constructed on the area i was aiming for...haiz. So sad but i think it's fate, heh.

butterwaffles...u saw the notice at our block lift? our area got teenagers kena molest lei....so scary lor....

Giant will be having pampers active sales, mummies....from 29 oct start...2 boxes for the price of $51+

morning...

yup the plot of land is construct a brand new pri school target to completed by end of next year..... haha will be planning to put my boy there.... so no need for me to travel.... haha

Back