A Childcare To Recommend Ard Bt Batok, Toh Yi, Jln Jurong Kechil?

TELC - getting there is a nightmare!

I'm a Alumuni of NP and SIM. Every morning, Upper Bt Timah Rd jam all the way till end of Clementi Rd. Every evening, the opp happens. LOL. So, thats out for me. Unless I get a job in NP or SIM.
happy.gif

Hi!

Just to share. My girl is in Zoophonics at Beauty World. Quite a good school as they have passionate teachers and my girl likes animals so she could remember her phonics easily. I like the fact that she can stay in the same school from 18 month to K2. The only thing I dun like about the school is they do not have toilet within the school premises. I have no choice but to tolerate this weakness as my girl is really very happy there.

just to share... my girl is with Creative O. I like that they have outdoor activites every morning. And they have engaged professional to conduct Creative Movement, Speech & Drama, etc.. So I dont have to enrol them outside.
Some cons.. need to pick up by 6.45pm, they are closed on Saturday, the traffic in/out Creative is quite heavy after office hours..

Some of the cc that I also find good:
Columbia Learning Centre: the child are well prepared academically. I think from Nursery, they already have spelling **stress**. Dislike: the centre is not big, thus very packed with abt 100+ students.
Towns For Kids (Jurong East): the teachers look very energetic, passionate. they also have enrichment lessons included, and also swimming.
Cherie Hearts (Chevron): heard the teachers are very gentle and passionate with handling children.

Jus sharing too, can take a look at Jurong Calvary Kindergarten at No.1 Tao Ching Road. It's situated within a church. Personally, I like the Principal,Ms Lin. Look stern but she have a big heart. My son is there,the school have strict rules and envorinment is good and very school like. That's what I like most. The school envoirnment,coz I'm afraid if my son move to P1 (and if he's put in place not very school like) he may get culture shock.Juz my two cents. Btw, they only have N2 to K2.

Hi there,

Just wondering if any of the mummies put your toddler at TELC@SIM currently? My 19mth old son will be going there in May, however I am rather worried abt the HMFD outbreak that is going on lately. Need your opinion on whether should I start him there later or shall I just proceed? Not sure on how well prepare is the CC.

TELC@SIM has a nice curriculum, almost put my girl there but like someone else mentioned, the jam there in the morning (from Bukit TImah to Clementi) is terrible!
Sunflower Montessorri has now moved to Jalan Kakatua off Jalan Rajawati. Nice homey setting with good teachers. Put my girl there. I think the school is fast filling up.

I still am unable to find any CC for 18mths old...

I do not like the below due to Traffic Jams:
1. TELC at SIM
2. Creative O at IBP

All locations at Upper Bt Timah, Hillview, Clementi Road, Intl Business Park are out. Hillview only 1 bus service go there. The rest have horrible jams at peak hours.

A CC at Bt Batok East Community Club only accepts min 22 mths.

So difficult to find a place that still charge me almost my monthly pay. Irony.

I would appreciate if we can continue/build on the list.

List of Childcare Centres at Bt Batok, Bt Gombak, Jln Jurong Kechil/Toh Yi
1. Creative Thinkers - Jln Jurong Kechil - PT care from 18 months
2. Carpe Diem - Bt Gombak - FT care(http://www.carpediem.com.sg/index.php?conpg=centres&ctr=1)
3. Carpe Diem - Jurong Kechil - FT care
4. Just Kids - Bt Batok - FT care from 18months(http://www.justkids.com.sg/)
5. My First Skool - Bt Batok - FT care from 22months (http://www.myfirstskool.com/loation-west.html)

Hi there,

There is one call Rosy Heart at Jln Jurong kechil. But it takes from infant care to 3 yrs only if I am not wrong.

Thank you!

List of Childcare Centres at Bt Batok, Bt Gombak, Jln Jurong Kechil/Toh Yi
1. Creative Thinkers - Jln Jurong Kechil - PT care from 18 months
2. Carpe Diem - Bt Gombak - FT care(http://www.carpediem.com.sg/index.php?conpg=centres&ctr=1)
3. Carpe Diem - Jln Jurong Kechil - FT care
4. Just Kids - Bt Batok - FT care from 18months(http://www.justkids.com.sg/)
5. My First Skool - Bt Batok - FT care from 22months (http://www.myfirstskool.com/loation-west.html)
6. Rosy Hearts - Jln Jurong Kechil - Below 36 mths (http://www.rosyhearts.com/index.php)

Hi Sandra, I meet up with the Principal of Rejoice kidscampus.

its an ok place. just learning interacting with kids and they let kids watch Barney. But the price is $250 aft subsidy. I find its not worth paying this price to do nothing much.

I am gng to visit Just Kids and Carpe Diem both at bt batok. Price should be around $350 aft subsidy. The PCF at Bt batok west (3 of them) charges only $150.

Prices are for full day care.

Hi all,

review on some CC.

1. Rosy heart (www.rosyhearts.com)

went to rosyhearts and was impress with the school. it is basically very clean and the person in charge really know children very well. they have very low teacher to toddler ratio. Like the way they bring up the children. lots of outdoor in their own lawn, and no tibits (like biscuits) their snacks are fruits. and they prepare 3 times a week of porriage using fish. and the best of all. they do not encourage TV programs like most child care. after a certain time, watch tv while waiting for parents to fetch. they hv kindermusik once a week.

but the sad thing is they are quite inaccessible looking at location. just behind old town cafe. and their fee is quite high...

for those staying near and have the budget, i would highly recommend the school

2. Carpe Diem (Jln Jurong Kechil)
went to rosy hearts first. so comparatively not so clean, they have a few numbers of china teachers.

didnt like the place coz it looks abit dark. basically, wat i like is they have thier own gym area..

will visit other cc and review if hv the time..

hi,

a new CC at bukit batok called The moral childcare, moved from bt merah side to bukit batok, though no own premises but teachers are committed and experienced.

hi any1 going to place their infant or toddler at CHERIE HEARTS hwa chong swimming complex?

i went to c n heard it just opened a few mnths ago.

basically satisfied with what i "see" there BUT still concerned with thier activities n food menu.

sch fee is way too ex though.

my gal will turn 3 next year, called up first skool at bt batok east CC, was told they are having a waiting list. What puts me off is the person who picks up the call, probably the teacher. she sounds very young and cheerful, but the way she speaks to me is very casual, too casual in my opinion. In the end, didn't put my gal on the waiting list.

any other good recommendation in bt batok central? Took a peep at Carpe Diem, teachers are shouting at kids
sad.gif

Visited sparkletots too, but the teachers taking nursery class seem more like aunties attending to their basic needs rather than educating.

going to visit faith montessori next week, anyone has comments on faith and children's world monty which is along the same stretch of road as faith? Or cherie hearts at hillview?

oh yes, I visited caterpillar's cove at ngee ann poly as well. Very impressive, and my older gal who resents childcare so much (she's in kinddy now) wants to join the school:p

also visited creative O, very impressed with the curriculum, esp for the fact that they engaged professionals to teach enrichment,but none of the teachers are smiling at all during the visit. wonder why....

But quality education comes with a hefty price...half day care for caterpillar's cove is already 900 plus before subsidy. Sweat...

Abt Rejoice KidsCampus.. I find tat paying a sum of $250 is worth it.. both my son (4yrs;N2) & girl (2yrs;PG) are attending.. they learn a lot of tings.. not juz watching barney like wat one of the mum said here..

my girl will come home performing to us what she learned in sch.. songs she learned, numbers, alphabets..

as for my son, he had a better grasp of mandarin too.. n by paying an additional $40, they attend Speech & Drama classes every tues taught by a teacher who is UK trained..

On the whole, i find wat i pay justifiable.. and wat they learn in this childcare is great..

FYI, my girl only joined them in Sept 2009.

HTHs...

Hi Elise, your gal is in which level of Sunflower? Do they conduct activities in the afternoon or just let the kids watch TV?

Also, any reviews of Creative Thinkers? Thanks!

Hi!

any feedback on INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
6 International Business Park
#01-02 Singapore 609918

Thank You

Hi mummies,
Anyone has anymore reviews on Rejoice KidsCampus, like to check if the environment is good & if they have any bus transportation services. Thought of enrolling my 20 month girl. Thanks!

Chanced upon this thread. Moving to this locality (Toh Tuck/Jln Jurong Kechil). Looking for either preschool or childcare options for my kid (N2).

Heard of these options:
1) Creative O
2) Creative Thinkers
3) Gloryland Learning Ctr
4) Sunflower

Anyone know any of these or more?

Appreciate comments pls.
happy.gif

Hi,

Any mummies have any comments on Children's World Montessorri at Chu Lin Road and Carpe Diem at Petir Road?

Thanks

Hi Mummies,
Just wanna share with all of you that Mindchamps Preschool is opening at Jurong East Central (5mins walk from Jurong East MRT). Anyone has any comments of the preschool? Intend to put my boy there for K1 next yr. Wld appreciate your comments. Thanks

will move to toh tuck area and want to look for the childcare for my 2 years girl. I am thinking of Rosy heart, cambridge at toh tuck or MMR in beauty world.

Hi mummies

I have relatively new Cambridge CDC uniforms used for a couple of months only which I would like to let go. Understand that the uniforms are the same for all centres. I have 3sets of uniform dresses size L and 3 sets of PE attire size 26 available. Willing to let go at $25 for all. Please let me know if interested

Dear Mummies

need your help as I am lost where to start looking. My boy is in K1 this year and I need to find a kindergarten around Bt Batok.

Do you know if there is one at Bt Batok or nearby? that provides childcare from at least 7am to 7pm too?

Just want to share something with all out there.
I attended a conference from MOE last month on Nominated good/excellent Pre-school 2010 based on the diversity, quality and creativity. And here are the reviews as they got medals...(for those who missed it on the newspaper.)

Finalist:
Bethesda (Depot Walk) Kindergarten
Bethesda (Serangoon) Church Sunbeam Kindergarten
Calvary Baptist Kindergarten
Kinderland (Chua Chu Kang) Kindergarten
PCF Bukit Timah Blk 285C
PCF Bukit Timah Blk 307
PCF Hong Kah North Blk 750
PCF Potong Pasir Blk 143
PCF Taman Jurong Blk 161
PCF Yew Tee Blk 690D

Commendation:
Cherrybrook Kindergarten
Early Years Montessori
Lumiere Montessori House
PCF Chong Pang Blk 309

Merit:
Far Eastern Kindergarten
St James Church Kindergarten

Distinction:
The Ascension Kindergarten
Living Sanctuary Kindergarten
Ramakrishna Mission Sarada Kindergarten (FOR Indians only i think)

*for me personnaly, i would put my child at either The Ascension where they focus alot on arts n creativy or Living Sanctuary Kindergarten!

ALL THE BEST MUMMY!!!!!!

Hi mummies.. any more review on Rejoice Kidscampus @ B. Batok, Blk 288E/ Spakle Touts @ T.Blangah, Blk 44?

We have visited Rejoice & spoke to the principal. Can't c much as the toddlers were napping.. Have spoken to the principal, my husband pretty sastified with the principal on the way he handled my little terror as well as what will they be doing if my boy happens to behave the same in class. As my boy blew his top during the visit.

Is it true that majority CC will let the child to attend 2 to 3 hours for a start, then gradually extend the hours when he get use to the ppl & enviroment there?

However, am dilemma wheather to put him into Rejoice/ Spakle Touts which is near my place with a walking distance.

Hello mommies...

Any feedbacks on PCF Hong Kah North Blk 345 (Toddler Class)?

My bb is in their infant care and i give them 2 thumbs up.. but i have doubts on their toddler class...

Any feedback on the PCF hong kang blk 345? was thining to put my gal there.. but was wondering how good the center is..

I visited the Nursery class and when the teacher ask the kids to greet the pricipal, all kids are very quiet. Then the english teacher said : why so quiet? pai she ar????

:S

my bb is in 345 pcf IFC.. their IFC is very good.. caring teachers...
my bb will be going to their toddler soon but i will not cont her there for childcare.. cause i saw the teachers playing iphone games.. and i keep seeing the kids watch tv.. of coz they do the routine stuff like art and craft and others.. but its not as enriching as compared to other schools.. so i will be putting her at grace schoolhouse in 2012...

Dear mummies,

Just to share with all of you that TELC have relocated from SIM to 9 Grove Drive. Getting there is much more convenient for me. My son was with TELC since 18 months in 2009. My 2 year old daughter will be joining him next year. Cheers!

Hi Ginncher,

How is the Columbia Learning Centre's Environment, Teachers & Curriculum? Would be great if you can fill us in on that.

Cheers!

Hi my girl is 4 this year in July but I have not put her in any school yet.Before she was at GUG and Canadian International school but due to financial constraints we cant afford to put her there anymore I live in HIllivew is there any good pre-school in this area my budget is below 600 a month

Back