6 weeks old baby keep having shock

june_june

any1 got the same experience of baby having shock?

i have tried giving jin feng san, bean bag n pacifier but all seem useless...

Please advise ...TIA

Hi

Did u swaddle ur baby? Or u try putting baby to sleep facing left or right. Can also use the pillow positioner to make her feel secure.

Dun worry cos it's actually normal.

Haha ya the right word is swaddle n can play some light soothing music, lullaby to baby too, try not to bang or speak too loudly when bb is sleeping.

Hi June,

Young babies are very prompt to shock, don't need to worry so much. My bb 'jumped' when I switched on the light / talked in a slight louder voice / opened the door, just a slight noise will make him 'jumped'. As they grow older, the shock will get lesser. In a few mths time, yr bb will not be so easily shock. My bb only stir a little when he heard some noise, unless it's very loud, then he'll get a shock.

I tried using bean bag, it helps a little. As what Susanna and Beezewax had shared, wrap yr bb tightly, it will help him or her to feel more secure and not get shock so easily.

Let the bb sleep facing left or right. Use towel or blanket, roll it n put beside the hand. Will reduce shock. I use this for my bb

Just an extra note :

if your baby is G-6-PD deficiency baby, DO NOT that Bo Ying Compound (保婴丹)

Read from an article that due to bb inmature reflex, they tend to keep lifting their hands up, may last till 3 mths old

Back