6 week post-birth appt - necessary?

Mama LM

hi mummies.

did you go for the 6 week post birth appointment? is it necessary if i had a natural birth with 2nd degree tear. episiotomy was done. i don’t feel anymore pain which makes me assume my stitches has dissolved well.

do share. thanks!

I did. Just wanna make sure everything is okie. Since I am not the expert, just want assurance dat everything heals nicely.

I did. Just wanna make sure everything is okie. Since I am not the expert, just want assurance dat everything heals nicely.
thanks for your response. was yours natural or c-section? also wondering if anything else was done during the check-up or just stitches checked? :)

mine was natural birth.... he did a scan too... just to make sure that everything was clear.... n gave clearance 4 us 2 start "working" again... :p

Same with me. Mine was supposed to be a normal delivery but we ended up having a forceps delivery and moderate tearing. Had my baby delivered by Dr Regina Ng, and she insisted to see me to check on the stitches or if there's still considerable pain, and make sure I've recovered properly. This despite me already feeling better. But better to be safe :D

Back