3kids without a maid

i am a FTWM with 3 kids, 5.5yo, 3.5yo & 1.5yo, and a blind dog, without a maid. it's a battlefield at home everyday! when i go to work, my mum will come over to help out, and she will go back after dinner time. she will cook every alternate day when we reach home at 6pm. simple fare, 1 fish dish & 1 veg dish, she will char-boil the soup in the afternoon.

i used to stay at home to look after them all by myself for abt 2 mths, and i almost lost my sanity! but at the end of the 2nd mth, i realised i can do it! juz needs some adjustment physically and mentally. bcoz of doing the housework at home, i started to have some skin infection due to perspiration as i have sensitive skin... =(

Wow..all the supermum really salute !!
i hv 2 kid (4yr & 5months old) since my maid runaway, my life become miserable. #1 at fullday childcare, then #2 at another infant care. im FTWM, after work must rush to infant care fetch bb home, then my husband fetch #1 home + tapao dinner. really no time to cook, missing home cook food. how can have it yet we all working so late.
at night do the housework, laundry, washing, packing their school bag. so tiring and really want to give up of work but need $$ to support the house expenses.

Could you share how you all manage with more kids, clean house, cooking and bonding time? wanted to make the house like a sweet home, not a dog house.

hi alicia

mus reduce your expectation at tis pt.
happy.gif

when your kids are bigger, like when the younger one is about 2 or 3 yrs old, life will be easier to manage. my life gets easier when my younger becomes toilettrained which is abt 3 yrs old. then i starting cooking home cooked food over the weekend. now with my baby, life is back to sqaure one again :p no time to cook, not even have time to have enuf sleep. but rem that such times will pass.

i engage pt maid to help once a week.

thanks dreamer! hv new maid ready, life better & have more time with my kids. really need maid in my life at this period. maybe when baby turn to 3yrs old stop engage maid....

Hi Alicia,
im like you, hv a boy 5 yrs going childcare and a newborn.

Still torn between deciding on infant care or maid to look after my newborn. i have no parents to help watch the maid.

Could you share with me your experiences?

I have 3 princesses 10, 7 & 2 and I'm working. I have babysitter to look after my youngest. The 2 schooling girl are independent and stay at home themselves after school.

Morning I prepare breakfast and also lunch before I go to work. Girls will either come back for lunch or pack from school. After work, I fetch my youngest girl home and eldest will help to look after. So, I have times to cook and wash. My hubby will do the cleaning when he's back from work.

I have no maid, no mom-in-law, all DIY.
Weekdays fully used all 24hrs and weekends rest & family time.

It's life! We are happy!
happy.gif
happy.gif

littlebelle...salute to you!

but do u not worry about leaving your 2 elders one alone at home? do you have close circuit tv at home?

juz wondering y u dun leave the elder ones with bb sitter oso?

jkids, my babysitter stay in Yishun while I'm stay in Sembawang. School bus send my girls home directly.

I understand most mummy will worry to leave kids at home. I have no elderly at home and not afford to send to after school care. Many days they end school late and reach home at 4pm. A waste to leave them in BASC for 3hrs/day and have to pay close to $600/mth for 2.

My hubby's working hour is flexible and some off day on weekdays so still not bad. BTW, my place there quite OK and my girls have been trained to be alert and locked door when at home.

They have learned to be independent and strong
happy.gif

hi, wondering whether u would have enough sleep if u have no maid to help u? eg, yr kid may be in the morning sessions n u need to wake up early to prepare things yourself. then the nite b4, still have housework to do, so not enough sleep.

there's no way to cope at all, it's just total mess n noise at home. the kids just hv to get used to it, esp when it comes to nap time, will hv to lock the door if u wanna keep the kids out. or get inlaws to come bring the kids out. with 3 kids at home, it's definitely noisy, the kids including urself will hv to learn to get used and live with it. be patient with the 2 older ones coz they are facing the same changes in their lives as u.

everyday is a learning process, and i m still learning now. =) welcome to the club!

xxb0703,

u can live without maid if u want.
need yr hb help in taking care kids lo. housework must close 1 eye...

Hi ,
i think its hard especially when their age gap is very close to one another. truly salute to all mummies who is having more than 3 , its quite a challenge to cope .

I am an FTWM - soon-to-be mom-of-3.... dreams of going without the maid... but sigh... that means I have to be FTWM + mom-of-3 + maid. How like that? Hubby is of no help at all. He worships the maid because she does all the things that he doesn't have time/like doing.

Frogprincess -- am a FTWM of 2 (and soon 3 in a few weeks' time ) .. never had a maid and dun intend to. But also kinda worried if can cope with no. 3 otw.

Well, will take a step a time and see how it goes.

Ohhh, salute to those wif more than 2.

Me wan to hv more but no time no $$$$. Now 2 already a big headache. Sill have to work and do up the housework. Already no life....

I think this is a question only you, yourself can answer! Can you manage or can you not? You ought to know yourself..hear what your gut is telling you! :)

I only have 1 chd. Simple? Perhaps. Tough? Yes and No. Why? Because there are personal issues to consider and only when you have stepped into my personal shoes, then you would understand Y! From birth, I have always gone with my gut..how it feels..what it thinks. I can only say I have made 1 major mistake when I didn't listen to my gut and went along to let others dictate what they thought was best for my child. I live with that mistake, yet knowing it can be corrected in due time and, the time is Now!:)

Hi all, I am FTWM with two kids 7 and 9 years old. No maid too. Recently I have just created blog for mummies like us, with kids and without help. Hope to provide some tips here and there on how we can manage things better. So do check it out and if you have tips on your own, do share too.

http://mummyisatwork.blogspot.sg/

Back