35+ MTBs

dreambig

Hello all... I m a first time MTB at 35... Understand there are risks n complications involved at this age n hoping to be able to share the pregnancy experience with other more "matured" MTBs...

I had my twins boys when I was 38. I have another big boy who is 11yrs old now. I dont think alot of complications but more of energy level, not as energetic as before.

Hello Fullhouse
happy.gif
my edd is 1st May
How many weeks are you now?

Hello delifairy, are you expecting now too?

I m more worried abt tests for ds etc... N d amniotic test....
But I guess this will wait till 2nd trimester...

Hi Dreambig
No, no I am not expecting and I dont think I want now at this age
happy.gif
3 is already a handful and more than I can manage. But they are a joy in any case. I just wanted to encourage you on. Be mentally prepared and Jia You!

Dream big
My edd is in Jan. :D

Yes, kids need siblings to rub each others corners off, though I must say it rubs our corners off too :p

We didn't take the amnio test. Have you gone for your Oscar?

Hi dreambig,

I'm also a 1st time mum at 35, currently at 15 weeks.

Done my Oscar at TMC at 11 weeks.

No worries, as long as the results are normal, there is no need for amnio test.

Stay postive.

Hi mummyquek, sorry for late reply and thanks for yr message. Have not been checking the forum for a while. I have just done my Oscar too (now at 13weeks). Thank God, my result is normal. How is yours?
My hubby n I initially thought we wanted to do amniotic test no matter what the Oscar result is but now we are not sure whether to take the risk.

Hi dreambig,

My results are normal. As long as the Oscar results are normal, you r fine. Dun worry too much, it will affect the baby. happy mummy = happy bb.

Do you know the gender of the bb already?

Mine's a boy. Having a hard time thinking of a name rite now. Since last week,being feeling the kicks and punches. Haha
I'm gg for my 5 month detailed scan next week.

Hi dreambig and mummyquek,
I'm new to the forum and am a FTM at 35 too (7/1977) ;p
I decided not to go for an OSCAR so I'm praying for a healthly baby every day!

My EDD is 9/4/13.
What about yours?

Hoping for 3 too.. haha!!

Hello mummies

I'm 36 and I'm expecting my 3rd baby. It was actually unplanned however, it is a blessing to us!

I had my first tri scan and didn't proceed with further tests as results showed was good
happy.gif

My edd is 8 May 2013

I'm the old-iest here. 40 and 5 week preggie. This is my 2nd pregnancy. My first ended in a lost heartbeat few months ago.

Taking things in my stride here now
happy.gif

hi mommies!

i'm 35 n expecting my 1st. edd mid june13
not sure is it due to age, my nausea and fatigue are not improving, plus having back pain such early stage...

Have not visited this thread for a long time.. seems like a lot of 35++ mums around.

week 31 now, getting closer and closer to EDD.. so excited and nervous!!

I'm thinking of stopping at 1 but my hubby say if can have another kid. But I'm kinda worry as there are more complications with increased age.

Hi Mummies, Im 43 and hoping for #3. Just MC on 19 Dec and LMP was 24 Jan....so very worried if Im going to get a BFP but at the same time worrying about miscarrying again due to age... :-(

Hi mummies,

I'm 39 this year. I got pregnant with #1 when I was 35; that one ended in miscarriage. Then had #2 in 2010, miscarried #3 last year and now expecting #4 in Aug/Sept. The fact that I could get pregnant naturally itself is a miracle cos I had 2 gynaes who gave up on me and I am sensitive to all the drugs to stimulate ovulation.

There's no point worrying because there's really nothing that can be done if there is chromosonal damage (due to aged sperm and/or egg) due to age. Nothing you eat/do/say is likely to affect the outcome.

I have heartbreak each time I miscarry one but I'm so thankful that I had them and enjoyed the two in heaven for the period of time they were with me (despite the awful nausea). As far as I am concerned, they know the love of their mummy for the short period of time they were here, and that is enuff.
happy.gif

Live in the present; don't waste the present worrying about something you either cannot do about or may not even happen..
happy.gif

Hi, I'm 36 this year and 9 weeks preggy with my #1 so am kinda anxious. Have no issues with morning sickness but been spotting a little every week so have been placed on duphastron & 3 weeks MC to stabilise my womb and await for the safe period.

I really hope to have more kids but I guess some things can't rush ... = )

hi mummies! i'm also turning 36 this year and i'm on my 29th week with my #1..we've been trying for 4 years so i'm hoping this one will be really smooth until delivery..getting scared now!

you all take care ok..don't get too much stress =)

hi all,
I have finally sign-up after being a silent reader of the forum for almost 2 yrs.
happy.gif
having my 2nd child this year and almost 35. Almost 9 wks, and next visit is only at wk12, think doc be asking if we gg for Oscar scan. We din do it for the first kid, since doc see that we can't decide to go or not to go and says that since we intend to do nothing post result, then be better not to do anything. This time round, we be faced with the same dilemma....in a few wks time

Hi XL_mum!

The doctors usually don't recommend screening unless you are over 35
happy.gif
but I think you would probably intend to do nothing post result either this time right ;)

Strangely almost all my gfs who were under 35 last time, went for the scan, Make us feel like the odd one. I tried to explain to the gyane that it will put be at ease after the test even thou we do not intend to do anything should the result is bad. By right, i know this time it be the same advice, but...maybe part of me try to delay the visit so that i be too late to make the decision to go for the test or not then it be a no need to make decision.

Hello mummies...
Sorry for been gone for a while.... I m already 35 weeks now and having a boy! Finally we did not go for amnio test n decided to have faith.. Baby should be coming soon in 5 weeks! Has Mummy quek n Swuu delivered?

Hope everyone is well n good luck!!

Amnio is definitely optional; there is a miscarriage risk and I've read some accounts on the net abt how ultrasound have captured the foetus hiding from or kicking the needle. Even Oscar and the Nuchal test is optional.

hi dreambig n all the mummies here,

delivered my boy on 18 march, 1 week earlier than edd. he's now 3 weeks old, big boy drinks alot of milk but i dun have much milk for him. So have to mix with formula, thinking of getting supplement from doc to boast the milk supply.

anyway to all the 1st time mummies > 35 years old, dun worry, be postive! we can have healthy babies too.

Congrats mummyquek!
Don't worry, preservere. Your milk supply will increase with more feeds. Is there such supplement to increase milk supply?
I m due in 3-4 weeks.... Boy too
happy.gif
Starting to feel unreal!

dreambig, i had natural w epidural and vaccumm bcoz my boy was big.

yes, u can increase milk supply with Fenugreek ( hope i spelled it correctly). you can get it from GNC.

i know wat u meant by unreal, even now i look at my boy i can't believe his mine. haha

Hi mummies, u can try motherlove special milk blend which I last time get from the pharmacy at TMC. To me it is better than fenugreek.

Btw, I delivered my no.2 when I was 35 yrs old...and I did nt do Amnio test coz my Oscar test was good.

Thanks Diana.
Btw what abt blackmores breastfeeding supplement? Can't remember The actual name...

Mummyquek: enjoy yr motherhood
happy.gif
how big was yr boy?

Dear all,
I am a 36+ mtb in my early pregnacy because of my age, i am so worried about hvg to go cvs or amnio test. Is the oscar test compulsory for those above 35 too? I really hope & pray as i dun wish to go for cvs/amnio ..because there's a 1% mc risk. This is my 2nd preg but my first was unsuccessful due to a mc. So i am so scare..i really dun wan my bb to undergo any risk...

Faithe....

Don't worry so much... if you really think about it, there's really nothing you can do right cos it's chromosonal. At the end of the day, even though the rates are higher for us >35 MTBs, it's not like it's 50% you know!

My personal take is that the Oscar is sufficient to give a good indication; it is 90%-93% accurate. Even an amnio is not 100% accurate (99%). And I am also pro-non-invasive tests, cos 1. I'm NOT going to risk losing my baby even if the % is low and 2. I have seen some sources that the Amnio test stresses the foetus.

At the end of the day, you need to ask yourself why you want to take these tests and what you are going to do if they are positive. Are you going to give up your baby? Or are you taking the tests to mentally prepare yourself and also find resources to help take care of a special needs baby? If it is the latter, then an Oscar test is more than sufficient.

Don't just try not to think abt it. Everytime something fearful pops up, think "Everything will be fine. Baby is ok, he is fine."
happy.gif
Enjoy him now.

Hello all , I just saw this thread. I'm 39 this year n gave birth to #1 last year. Just found out I'm pregnant w #2! We r so happy to conceive naturally again cos docs had said we needed Ivf before #1. I'm still fearful of every stage in the pregnancy , I went thru all the worrying for #1. My oscar test for #1 was marginal pass !

Hi mummies

I'm also >35 first time mummy with BB boy week 26.

I did not do amnio test as the oscars result was slightly above the 500, have been worrying....hopefully everything will be fine for me n BB.

Back