2017 Jan EDD

i'm kiasu, my EDD is 2 Jan & i already booked my CL.. cos she did my confinement for my #2 and i like her very much..
i think u can start looking cos CNY falls in Jan. It might be hard to get CL if your confinement has to take place during CNY period. Even my CL said if i deliver exactly on my due date, she will only be able to help out until 2 days before CNY. I'm hoping i deliver early like mid Dec!

The first CL tat I wan wasn't available in Dec since she worried I may deliver early she is not able to take mi.. Kinda sad over it.. as i need to start over to find another one..
Care to share yr CL price..

Hi Amysl,

Just curious why cannot eat spicy food? I have been eating spicy food when i was pregnant with #1.
pregnant women may suffer from heartburn, and spicy foods can aggravate it. Also, it may cost digestive and stomach issues, hence the reason to avoid.

Can i check is it ok that we go thru those scanned machine at the airport when we put our bags on the conveyor belts? Or shld i get my doc to write a letter to excuse me?

Can i check is it ok that we go thru those scanned machine at the airport when we put our bags on the conveyor belts? Or shld i get my doc to write a letter to excuse me?

Prior to my trip, i did a research on the safety of the baby when passing through the sanner. And this is what i found
Based on a post updated on March 2016.
http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-walk-through-airport-screening-machines-while_2616.bc

I also double confirmed my research with the security guard when passing through the scanner. they are affirm it is safe on both the trips to and fro

The first CL tat I wan wasn't available in Dec since she worried I may deliver early she is not able to take mi.. Kinda sad over it.. as i need to start over to find another one..
Care to share yr CL price..

My friend engaged my CL last month, it was $2600. So i dunno if there will be an increase whether i deliver in Dec or Jan or not. But because she and my mum are friends and we recommended her to a few friends and relatives, she said she will give us some discount.. hahaha

My friend engaged my CL last month, it was $2600. So i dunno if there will be an increase whether i deliver in Dec or Jan or not. But because she and my mum are friends and we recommended her to a few friends and relatives, she said she will give us some discount.. hahaha
i think sure got increase in price de due to CNY.. ya hopefully she give u discount lo..

Last edited:
Hi, I should be about 6 weeks preggy. Had a 23 weeks miscarriage last Jul due a Doc's negligence. Then another biochemical in Dec. Hopes and Prays to be successful this time. Please add me to the fb. [email protected]

I hv been feeling giddy giddy since last week. Tested hcg twice and results doubling up good and steady :)

May you have a safe pregnancy this time round. dont worry too much :)

HI all, I have added those who requested.

Those who cannot join upon clicking the link , please try again because i cannot add you anymore as it stated you have been invited.

Have you gals done your 1st scan? How did it goes? Mine is next week and feeling excited to see the "sweet pea" :)

Can I ask how do all of u cope with morning sickness / nausea? I've been taking v small sips of ribena thru out the day to keep my discomfort at bay. Not sure if too much of this will cause gestational diabetes or not..haha

Can I ask how do all of u cope with morning sickness / nausea? I've been taking v small sips of ribena thru out the day to keep my discomfort at bay. Not sure if too much of this will cause gestational diabetes or not..haha
i think it should be okay, i guess, cos it's not like you consume a lot. I dont know about others, but i would take bites of sour plum and have a sniff of lemongrass to reduce my discomfort :)

Hi mummies and mummies-to-be! I'm 9 weeks along and EDD 2/1/2017! It's my #2 and I didn't know how far along I am cause I never had my menses since being preg with my #1. She's only 12mo :)

Add me on FB [email protected] and whatsapp 81189717!

Hana

im also having very bad MS! I can't even drink water, because it makes me puke more. End up my lips are very dry and peeling.
and because i tend to puke even more when i see and smell my own vomit in the toilet bowl, i try to take light foods like porridge, clear soupy stuff etc.
i tried everything from lemons to ginger tea to sour plum nothing helps. i'm feeling really terrible, worse is when i'm working i have to hide in the toilet for 20 mins every 1 to 2 hours cos i will feel so nauseous. So far no one at work knows about my preg yet.

im currently at week 9, and i read that the peak morning sickness is from week 9 to 10 when the hormones surge. No wonder this week seemed to be the worse as i cant keep anything down.. and then got another week to go! i've already lost 2kg so far.

my 1st preg was a breeze, dont feel preg at all as no bad symptoms, 2nd preg MS but usually only after meals and i will instantly feel better. this one is being nauseous 24/7, no energy to do anything or go out. i think maybe got to do with age also hahaha.

Another one symptom I have is Super itchy! Arms, thighs and sometimes on the stomach area. Then Hives will appear. Doc says it's ok to take antihistamine. I take Adezio (cetirizine)

Hello everyone,

I am a first time mummy. Edd 4th of jan 2017.
Should I be concern if I don't feel nauseous at all. I'm googling at articles saying the baby is less stable if the mother don't feel nauseous. Am I scaring myself here?

The only few symptom i have got are fatigue, sore and growing breast and pregnancy brain like I have become stupid.

We are also doing First Trimester Screening. Is that okay or mostly false positive? Many thanks for my silly questions. So so scared!

Hi I did not receive the invite too. Can add me at [email protected]

By the way, my edd is 17 Jan. I'm supposed to be around week 7+ and I'very experienced brown red sort of discharge today. Am very worried and will call up clinic tmr. Anyone with similar experience?

Hello everyone,

Should I be concern if I don't feel nauseous at all. I'm googling at articles saying the baby is less stable if the mother don't feel nauseous. Am I scaring myself here?

The only few symptom i have got are fatigue, sore and growing breast and pregnancy brain like I have become stupid.

We are also doing First Trimester Screening. Is that okay or mostly false positive? Many thanks for my silly questions. So so scared!

Don't worry! if there r no cramps/bleeding, there should be no prob with the pregnancy! Your EDD is near to mine, should be almost 10 weeks already. have u been to your 1st checkup?
You are lucky that u dont have nauseousness!!! how i envy you..

anyone opting for Harmony test?

Hello everyone,

I am a first time mum and I have the similar symptom too. No morning sickness and no nauseous. Just fatigue and frequent urination.

As long as there is no heavy bleeding, it is fine! I just went for my ultrasound and baby is well and active inside. We also managed to hear the heartbeat. Guess we are the lucky ones :)

Don't worry! if there r no cramps/bleeding, there should be no prob with the pregnancy! Your EDD is near to mine, should be almost 10 weeks already. have u been to your 1st checkup?
You are lucky that u dont have nauseousness!!! how i envy you..

anyone opting for Harmony test?

Been to 1st check up at 8 weeks. Opted for First Trimester Screening. Is it the same as harmony? I requested for checks for DS and doctor just order this FTS. Never tell me about harmony.. aiyoo so many different types.

Hi all, for those who wish to be added on the FB page, please kindly provide your email address.

For those who wish to be added on our whatsapp group chat, please provide me your number and your name as i need to save ur number then able to add u hence name is necessary.

Thanks!

Hi, my edd is end Jan. This is my first pregnancy. Would really like to learn more from all the mummies here :)
Pls add me to the fb group.
My email: [email protected].
Thanks!!!

Been to 1st check up at 8 weeks. Opted for First Trimester Screening. Is it the same as harmony? I requested for checks for DS and doctor just order this FTS. Never tell me about harmony.. aiyoo so many different types.

I'm not sure.. but for the DS screening etc my doc suggested 3 types of tests - OSCAR, Amnio and the Harmony test. The Harmony test is the one done at 10 to 12 weeks (i think) which they draw your blood and airfreight it to US for testing. Also can get to know the gender (prob the only thing i'm excited about). Because it's my 3rd child and i'm in my 30s so we just go for the Harmony for more accuracy.

I'm not sure.. but for the DS screening etc my doc suggested 3 types of tests - OSCAR, Amnio and the Harmony test. The Harmony test is the one done at 10 to 12 weeks (i think) which they draw your blood and airfreight it to US for testing. Also can get to know the gender (prob the only thing i'm excited about). Because it's my 3rd child and i'm in my 30s so we just go for the Harmony for more accuracy.
Hi! just been to gynae 3 days ago. I'm 8weeks now... my gynae only told us about the oscar and the other one where they'll draw my blood and send to the US for test. Hmm we're a little confused... which one is better? Thanks!

Hi! just been to gynae 3 days ago. I'm 8weeks now... my gynae only told us about the oscar and the other one where they'll draw my blood and send to the US for test. Hmm we're a little confused... which one is better? Thanks!

hi ! :) i think the harmony test has more accuracy (99%) while Oscar is 90% if i rem correctly. But Harmony test cost more at least $1000 and above. but if you are young and risk is not high u can just do the Oscar. Or do Oscar 1st if the results r not good then consider Harmony test.

hi ! :) i think the harmony test has more accuracy (99%) while Oscar is 90% if i rem correctly. But Harmony test cost more at least $1000 and above. but if you are young and risk is not high u can just do the Oscar. Or do Oscar 1st if the results r not good then consider Harmony test.

Oscar and Harmony (aka panorama) test are all risk free and as you have mention 90% and 99% accuracy. But do note that there are cases of false positive.

Amnio have some risk of miscarriage involved. So if can try to avoid this unless you really want to know the condition of the baby

Hi mtbs. New in this forum! My edd is 5th January .. I'm currently 9+6 weeks.

Want to ask any mommies started drinking maternity milk? Thinking whether to start or not ..

Hi funnybelly take a look at this my gynae gave a small booklet regarding the scans. My gynae also suggested FTS for me I'm 23 y/o. Which is during my 12 weeks..

Hopefully everything is going well..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 377
Hi mtbs. New in this forum! My edd is 5th January .. I'm currently 9+6 weeks.

Want to ask any mommies started drinking maternity milk? Thinking whether to start or not ..
I never drink maternity milk scared too much sugar n fatty - tried b4 n find it too sweet.....but i drink normal milk... :)

Yes i agree! If u r young without complications...n dr recommended oscar just go ahead! Gynae recommended oscar for my no.1 ...no.2 she recommended harmony haa...so i just follow

Hi funnybelly take a look at this my gynae gave a small booklet regarding the scans. My gynae also suggested FTS for me I'm 23 y/o. Which is during my 12 weeks..

Hopefully everything is going well..

Thanks for the attachment. Really helpful. Im 28 yrs old . Guess thats why gynae recommend FTS. Harmony sounds ok but very expensive :( took my 1st half of FTS and also my hub's blood test today. Taking the diagnostic screening in 2 weeks time. Hope everything is okay.

Good luck to you and the rest of the mummies-to-be!

Thanks for the attachment. Really helpful. Im 28 yrs old . Guess thats why gynae recommend FTS. Harmony sounds ok but very expensive :( took my 1st half of FTS and also my hub's blood test today. Taking the diagnostic screening in 2 weeks time. Hope everything is okay.

Good luck to you and the rest of the mummies-to-be!

Everything will be fine! Good luck! Healthy babies! I'll only have the FTS in 3 weeks ... The wait is sooo long !!

im also having very bad MS! I can't even drink water, because it makes me puke more. End up my lips are very dry and peeling.
and because i tend to puke even more when i see and smell my own vomit in the toilet bowl, i try to take light foods like porridge, clear soupy stuff etc.
i tried everything from lemons to ginger tea to sour plum nothing helps. i'm feeling really terrible, worse is when i'm working i have to hide in the toilet for 20 mins every 1 to 2 hours cos i will feel so nauseous. So far no one at work knows about my preg yet.

im currently at week 9, and i read that the peak morning sickness is from week 9 to 10 when the hormones surge. No wonder this week seemed to be the worse as i cant keep anything down.. and then got another week to go! i've already lost 2kg so far.

my 1st preg was a breeze, dont feel preg at all as no bad symptoms, 2nd preg MS but usually only after meals and i will instantly feel better. this one is being nauseous 24/7, no energy to do anything or go out. i think maybe got to do with age also hahaha.
Hey..I just went for my 1st scan and I'm only 7w and gynae said strong heartbeat though I didn't see the flickering on the monitor...

Anyway he gave me aspirin, utrogestan (progesterone inserts). It's strange but this morning after I took my aspirin, I don't feel sick at all..... is there something wrong? Anyone took aspirin b4? I'm sooooo scare..with 5 miscarriages, I don't usually pass 7wks...I'm so worried

Oscar and Harmony (aka panorama) test are all risk free and as you have mention 90% and 99% accuracy. But do note that there are cases of false positive.

Amnio have some risk of miscarriage involved. So if can try to avoid this unless you really want to know the condition of the baby

I tested positive at home when at 6 week n went to a gynae at amk to confirm. He immediately scan me with ultrascan to confirm pregnancy. I tot they were just going to test urine or blood first..

Saw the heart beating and quite shocked. The doctor said my next scan should be 4 weeks later at mid June but I don't think I want to go back to him.

Still contemplating on going subsidy route or just a general gynae as I don't feel a need to have someone famous and expensive. Any suggestion ?

Back