2017 IVF mummies

My doc is doc tan but he very buz schedule very full... my appt suppose to be week 8 but was postpone to week 10 due to his buz schedule... kkh delivery good ma ? Heard their delivery suite not good

oh same doc as mi lor. haha ya dr tan is busy but he's good ma. there will be a bunch of medical doc team there. but anything they will call dr tan for advise de. i duno what u meant abt delivery suite not good wor, as in what not good? the room or doc or nurses?

What is the reason for not giving her HL? The HL is for post delivery? I am a subsidised patient, so I am seeing a team of doctors, so far seen about 3-4 doctors but all not good, feel no commitment and no one to follow throughout. I even encountered one doctor blamed the previous one for not changing my supplement the last visit. :(

i dun really like the feeling of seeing different gynae haha i rather pay more n stick to one. just like dr tan i stick to him since 2012 till now. n i even recommend a few friends to see him n they like him alot also stick to him

Oh, you are from ACJ too. Previously I saw Dr Joycelyn Wong from ACJ too. She is very nice, but the waiting time is long and clinic so packed, probably because there are 3 doctors. I am trying my luck on Dr Adelina to see if she accept KKH IVF patient and she is ok with it. Otherwise I will go back to Dr Joycelyn.

Yes Dr Adelina dont have package too.

I was with Dr LC Cheng from WC Cheng Associates for my first ivf and he delivered my son. Now bfp under him again but he no longer delivers so i tried out Dr Adrian Tan and yes i agree that their clinic is v busy.

Dr Adelina's clinic is not so busy like ACJ ?
I should check on Dr Adelina's yr end availability ..

i dun really like the feeling of seeing different gynae haha i rather pay more n stick to one. just like dr tan i stick to him since 2012 till now. n i even recommend a few friends to see him n they like him alot also stick to him

Yalo, after trying a few visits I really dun like the feeling thats why I switched.

You are right, paying more for better service is worth it. Probably I am used to be cared for and pampered by TMC since 2010, from all the infertility tests to DNC etc, none of the doctors or nurses I encountered fail me in their professionalism and services provided. So, I decided to go back there.

Go with our own comfort level will never be wrong :)

oh same doc as mi lor. haha ya dr tan is busy but he's good ma. there will be a bunch of medical doc team there. but anything they will call dr tan for advise de. i duno what u meant abt delivery suite not good wor, as in what not good? the room or doc or nurses?
Haha the room not nice hahaha

I was with Dr LC Cheng from WC Cheng Associates for my first ivf and he delivered my son. Now bfp under him again but he no longer delivers so i tried out Dr Adrian Tan and yes i agree that their clinic is v busy.

Dr Adelina's clinic is not so busy like ACJ ?
I should check on Dr Adelina's yr end availability ..

I see...

Yes her clinic is not busy, maybe because she worked alone, and appointments are scheduled. Unless she step out for delivery, else wont see a packed clinic like ACJ.
I last checked in May if Dr Adelina will be around in Nov, the manager say not that she know of, as usually Dr Adelina will inform them early. I do know that Dr Adelina will be away sometime in June. You can double check with them again, see if there is changes. Update me as well, thanks!

I'm experiencing something choke in my throat this few day.. any experiencing the same? I got daily ms when i vomit out the thing still there...

Yalo, after trying a few visits I really dun like the feeling thats why I switched.

You are right, paying more for better service is worth it. Probably I am used to be cared for and pampered by TMC since 2010, from all the infertility tests to DNC etc, none of the doctors or nurses I encountered fail me in their professionalism and services provided. So, I decided to go back there.

Go with our own comfort level will never be wrong :)

ic. maybe u have good experience in tmc ba. i dun have experience with tmc but i got lots of bad review of tmc

I had low laying placenta for both my pregnancies n for my no.1 i bed rested alot and my placenta moved up as i advanced into trim 3 and i had a normal delivery.... the bed resting part minimizes the risk of bleeding.

Tossing around in bed is ok right?

What is the reason for not giving her HL? The HL is for post delivery? I am a subsidised patient, so I am seeing a team of doctors, so far seen about 3-4 doctors but all not good, feel no commitment and no one to follow throughout. I even encountered one doctor blamed the previous one for not changing my supplement the last visit. :(

Hey, asking for a friend who's at KKH. She's not paying subsidized rates, and her designated doctor is Dr Tan HH.

But was told that she would NOT see him except for first time consultation, ER, ET and post ET consultation? Other times also see from a group of docs.

That's the case for all private ivf cases at KKH?

Hey, asking for a friend who's at KKH. She's not paying subsidized rates, and her designated doctor is Dr Tan HH.

But was told that she would NOT see him except for first time consultation, ER, ET and post ET consultation? Other times also see from a group of docs.

Yup. There will be a doc at ivf center but they will still consult dr tan if ur frien has any issue during the jab journey. When to have ER n ET is given by dr tan.

Sorry I am unsure as I am a subsidised patient. snow19 is a better person to answer your query :)

Yup. There will be a doc at ivf center but they will still consult dr tan if ur frien has any issue during the jab journey. When to have ER n ET is given by dr tan.

Thanks.

But it means she'll see the doc at ivf center, and not Dr Tan at all for scans etc? Even though she's a private patient and has asked to see Dr Tan?

I'm with NUH, and the processes are different.

Hi. Any sisters here on prednisolone for ivf and continued it throughout first trimester to prevent miscarriage? Is there a risk of cleft lip defect? Weighing the pros and cons.

Thanks.

But it means she'll see the doc at ivf center, and not Dr Tan at all for scans etc? Even though she's a private patient and has asked to see Dr Tan?

Yes, that's right. She will see Dr Tan only for ER and ET. Review after each scan during stimulation phase is done by doc on duty at ivf centre. They will consult Dr Tan on next steps e.g dosage of jabs, timing for ER/ET if need be. It is the same for all ivf/iui patients at KKH.

Thanks.

yup. the scan is done at ivf center with the nurse manager over there to scan u de. will only see dr tan during ER, ET. and if positive u will get to see dr tan throughout.

Hey All.. i went for an early BT yesterday and hcg level was low and it has been confirmed that my FET is unsuccessful. Im under kkh and hence, I've made a request to change from Dr Jerry to Dr Tan HH.

May I know if anyone of you had gone through a successful FET 2?
What did you do different to have a successful cycle?
How do you cope with the emotion?
How early will doctor schedule for the next FET?

Appreciate it.

Hey All.. i went for an early BT yesterday and hcg level was low and it has been confirmed that my FET is unsuccessful. Im under kkh and hence, I've made a request to change from Dr Jerry to Dr Tan HH.

Appreciate it.
hugs hugs. dont give up trying.

i think FET can start anytime . Hi may i know you use medicated or nature FET

Last edited:

Appreciate it.

My first FET also failed in 2016 n i tried again a yr later which is in feb this yr n is a success. Depends how comfortable u are to try again.

My first FET also failed in 2016 n i tried again a yr later which is in feb this yr n is a success. Depends how comfortable u are to try again.

Hi snow19. Thanks for your reply. May I know what did you do differently to have a success cycle?

Hi snow19. Thanks for your reply. May I know what did you do differently to have a success cycle?

haha i didn do anything at all. i just choose the mth whereby i not so stress coz my boy still attend the playgroup daily. so important thing is dun feel stress at all haha

I went for a medicated cycle. I think kkh will usually do a medicated cycle.
I did natural FET in last year nov with Dr tan hh after cancelled medicated FET. U can start anytime for FET if u want. I didn't do anyth special but avoid cold foods n drink. Feel more relaxed on transfer day n took it easy in 2ww. I did exercise before starts of FET. Went for holidays too. Most important is ur mind to relax.

I did natural FET in last year nov with Dr tan hh after cancelled medicated FET. U can start anytime for FET if u want. I didn't do anyth special but avoid cold foods n drink. Feel more relaxed on transfer day n took it easy in 2ww. I did exercise before starts of FET. Went for holidays too. Most important is ur mind to relax.

U had a success with a natural cycle? I wish I can have a natural cycle. Heard that its less stressful.

U had a success with a natural cycle? I wish I can have a natural cycle. Heard that its less stressful.
Yes. Bfp with natural cycle. Actually medicated cycle help u build up ur lining more cos of med. Natural no medicine to take le. So need to worry for lining.

Yes. Bfp with natural cycle. Actually medicated cycle help u build up ur lining more cos of med. Natural no medicine to take le. So need to worry for lining.

I see. How was your lining progress ? Did you eat clean throughout? What did you do during your 2ww?

I see. How was your lining progress ? Did you eat clean throughout? What did you do during your 2ww?
My lining was 7.8 on ovulation day. Then need to wait another 4-5 days to transfer cos mine were blasts. I try not to eat cold foods and avoid coffee tea herbal tea long ago.Took vitamins, eggs, red dates , chicken essence, red bean soup n POM juice until ovulation. Some took alternate days. Then within 2ww only took vitamins. Rest whole 2 weeks.

My lining was 7.8 on ovulation day. Then need to wait another 4-5 days to transfer cos mine were blasts. I try not to eat cold foods and avoid coffee tea herbal tea long ago.Took vitamins, eggs, red dates , chicken essence, red bean soup n POM juice until ovulation. Some took alternate days. Then within 2ww only took vitamins. Rest whole 2 weeks.

Good to know that you succeed despite your lining at 7.8 weeks. How far along are u now? I am torn in btw to opt for natural of medicated. Since my menses still came despite the p4 and e2 support.

Good to know that you succeed despite your lining at 7.8 weeks. How far along are u now? I am torn in btw to opt for natural of medicated. Since my menses still came despite the p4 and e2 support.
Yes I did so many for lining. Too thick lining also not good. So don't so stressed over lining. Reach 8mm is good enough. Most important is embryo. I m now 33weeks going 34.

Yes I did so many for lining. Too thick lining also not good. So don't so stressed over lining. Reach 8mm is good enough. Most important is embryo. I m now 33weeks going 34.

Wow! Congrats! Anytime soon yes? 2-4 weeks more? Im so happy for u. Send me baby dust ok.
Anyways, ill plan to talk to my dr abt natural or medicated cycle for next fet.

Wow! Congrats! Anytime soon yes? 2-4 weeks more? Im so happy for u. Send me baby dust ok.
Anyways, ill plan to talk to my dr abt natural or medicated cycle for next fet.
Give u a lot of baby dust hah!!! A few more weeks for me. Still preparing. U need to think positive n less stress.

Hi. Any sisters here on prednisolone for ivf and continued it throughout first trimester to prevent miscarriage? Is there a risk of cleft lip defect? Weighing the pros and cons.
Hi. Im on prednisolone 3 weeks prior to ET and now continuing it in my 5th week. Dr sheila vasoo will monitor and advise me when to taper off. Next visit with her will be after heartbeat scan is detected. She advised risk of cleft lip for taking prednisolone is the same as any other pregnancy, not to worry.

Hi. Im on prednisolone 3 weeks prior to ET and now continuing it in my 5th week. Dr sheila vasoo will monitor and advise me when to taper off. Next visit with her will be after heartbeat scan is detected. She advised risk of cleft lip for taking prednisolone is the same as any other pregnancy, not to worry.

Thanks. Are you on 5 mg twice a day?

Thanks. Are you on 5 mg twice a day?
Im currently on 10mg twice a day to due high antibodies and NK which may affect implantation and fetus. This is an immunotherapy drug which lowers the immune system. The doctor should hv reason to prescribe it, check with your doc and let him know your concerns?

Im currently on 10mg twice a day to due high antibodies and NK which may affect implantation and fetus. This is an immunotherapy drug which lowers the immune system. The doctor should hv reason to prescribe it, check with your doc and let him know your concerns?

Hi Gracewithus. I did a research yesteday on NK cells.

May I know what are the symptoms you had prior to knowing that u have high NK cells?

Where did you do your blood test to check the NK cells level and how much was it?

Hi Gracewithus. I did a research yesteday on NK cells.

May I know what are the symptoms you had prior to knowing that u have high NK cells?

Where did you do your blood test to check the NK cells level and how much was it?
No symptoms one... i have failed 3 fresh ivf after transfering good embryos. I was starting the FET for my 4th fresh cycle. Thus decided to pay dr sheila vasoo a visit. She ran some blood tests which are to check for immunological issues then we know, otherwise we wont know.

No symptoms one... i have failed 3 fresh ivf after transfering good embryos. I was starting the FET for my 4th fresh cycle. Thus decided to pay dr sheila vasoo a visit. She ran some blood tests which are to check for immunological issues then we know, otherwise we wont know.
She runs a full list of tests as it may not just be NK issue. It could be thyroid issues or sticky blood. Or vit D deficiency, etc. So the full suite of tests is done to see if there is any issue. My first visit consult and tests is about $1500.

Each cycle that failed i transfered 2 good embryos. This is a total of 6 embryos wasted and failed to implant. So we decided to check.

Back