2017 IVF mummies

So there was no symptom like fever after transfer ? Or painful bad cramps? Just bfn?
Mine just bfn no symptoms. I suspect before they even implant got killed off cos my immune system too defensive.

Fever is a good sign actually it means embryo which is a foreign body implanted. Thats why body react with fever.

For my bfn there were cramps. But this round bfp also hv cramps. The symptoms for bfn and bfp are the same for me. So there is no way to know from symtomps alone.

Mine just bfn no symptoms. I suspect before they even implant got killed off cos my immune system too defensive.

Fever is a good sign actually it means embryo which is a foreign body implanted. Thats why body react with fever.

For my bfn there were cramps. But this round bfp also hv cramps. The symptoms for bfn and bfp are the same for me. So there is no way to know from symtomps alone.

My transfer was done on 12 June (cd 26) , that was 2 days before my expected period date for June. Im usually on 28 days cycle.

Nurses in kkh was so confident that menses will not come on the expected period date but unfortunately, i strong believe and come to conclude that it was my menses which came on 14 June.

14 June - 2dpt5dt (Wokeup at 420am, felt slightly crampy but diff type of cramp, intense painful cramp from 615-715am, pulling cramp one whole day, backache, constipated, 10am - 730pm wipe with brown pinkish stain and Fever)

The spotting that started on that day till 8dpt, that cud be my menses which did came and messed up my system. Maybe the transfer should have been done earlier instead of too late cos im on 28 days menstrual cycle. I have the possibility of not getting enough progesterone and my menses came since my p4 and r2 weren't measured..

Right after i stop the med, the next day I had full flow.

So finally you BFP? Congrats.. how far along are you now?

I just experienced red bleeding at 8w. Went for scan heartbeat is fine. Any sister encounter this ? It was scary and I'm still shocked now coz it's red and I could feel it coming out, not my usual brown stains. Checked cervix and womb for clots but can't find.

I just experienced red bleeding at 8w. Went for scan heartbeat is fine. Any sister encounter this ? It was scary and I'm still shocked now coz it's red and I could feel it coming out, not my usual brown stains. Checked cervix and womb for clots but can't find.

Yes i had many episodes of spotting and bleeding. How much is ur red bleed ?
For my bleeding initially my gynea cant detect too but as i progress into subsequent weeks, he could see hematoma in my uterus.

Yes i had many episodes of spotting and bleeding. How much is ur red bleed ?
For my bleeding initially my gynea cant detect too but as i progress into subsequent weeks, he could see hematoma in my uterus.

It's like a gush of red blood, definitely it's bleed not spotting as I could feel it dripping out like how menses discharge. Are your bleeding episodes severe too? Could heart beat faint off even though it was strong when I scanned just now. I rushed down and scanned within 1-1.5 hour of bleeding as doc was available. Are you still on bed rest except eating, toileting and showering I suppose? Is lying on back or side better?

Last edited:
It's like a gush of red blood, definitely it's bleed not spotting as I could feel it dripping out like how menses discharge. Are your bleeding episodes severe too? Could heart beat faint off even though it was strong when I scanned just now. I rushed down and scanned within 1-1.5 hour of bleeding as doc was available. Are you still on bed rest except eating, toileting and showering I suppose? Is lying on back or side better?

My first pregnancy i soaked a pad within 30mins during early trim 2 ... yes bed rest and i only visited toilet and i sat down on a stool while bathing and also brushing teeth, washing face etc ... ate in bed seated up too. Lie in bed on ur sides.

My first pregnancy i soaked a pad within 30mins during early trim 2 ... yes bed rest and i only visited toilet and i sat down on a stool while bathing and also brushing teeth, washing face etc ... ate in bed seated up too. Lie in bed on ur sides.

Did the jab help stopped the bleeding immediately or took a while? and with the bleeding you still insert utrogestan right? I'm praying hard it has stop...

Did the jab help stopped the bleeding immediately or took a while? and with the bleeding you still insert utrogestan right? I'm praying hard it has stop...

It will take sometime for the bleeding to stop even after progesterone jab n yes crinone/utrogestrone supports to continue despite bleeding/spottings.

She runs a full list of tests as it may not just be NK issue. It could be thyroid issues or sticky blood. Or vit D deficiency, etc. So the full suite of tests is done to see if there is any issue. My first visit consult and tests is about $1500.
Hi, are you taking anything else besides prednisolone? I saw dr c, and he prescribed prednisolone and clexane.
I'm actually quite worried about side effects on baby after reading google, yet scared that the pg won't be successful if i stop.

Hi, are you taking anything else besides prednisolone? I saw dr c, and he prescribed prednisolone and clexane.
I'm actually quite worried about side effects on baby after reading google, yet scared that the pg won't be successful if i stop.
Im taking prednisolone, aspirin and intralipid. No clexane.. for me no choice i hv to take i think its either i take and see if i can bfp or else i think i will just continue to fail my ivf.

After you start the doc will monitor your blood levels and advise the tapering of meds if you do get pregnant. The meds are not meant to be taken for entire pregnancy. When im worried i my doc any question. Dont be afraid that it may offend them. Just ask about the side effects that you read, tell them you are worried and see what they say.

Im taking prednisolone, aspirin and intralipid. No clexane.. for me no choice i hv to take i think its either i take and see if i can bfp or else i think i will just continue to fail my ivf.

After you start the doc will monitor your blood levels and advise the tapering of meds if you do get pregnant. The meds are not meant to be taken for entire pregnancy. When im worried i my doc any question. Dont be afraid that it may offend them. Just ask about the side effects that you read, tell them you are worried and see what they say.

Gracewithus,
How was the intralipids infusion ? How many times do u need to drip ?

Gracewithus,
How was the intralipids infusion ? How many times do u need to drip ?
Hello! Hope you are doing great, sending all my best wishes and prayers to you and baby. It was ok. There is slight pain in the hand veins cos of the viscosity of the soy based drip. The pain is bearable, starts 10 min into the drip and stops 10 min after the drip is done.

It did 2 times IL before ET. There will be another one coming soon. I dont know when yet, see when dr sheila schedule. Im seeing her after the heartbeat scan then i think she will order the IL.

It will take sometime for the bleeding to stop even after progesterone jab n yes crinone/utrogestrone supports to continue despite bleeding/spottings.

How long would it take to stop? Mine has become brown stains/streaks today though I was hoping would stop almost completely soon. Never has it taken so long, probably becoz this time was red and more.

Last edited:
Mummies!!

Anyone transferred 2 embies?

And pregnant with twins?

What was the support given after the transfer?

Hello! Hope you are doing great, sending all my best wishes and prayers to you and baby. It was ok. There is slight pain in the hand veins cos of the viscosity of the soy based drip. The pain is bearable, starts 10 min into the drip and stops 10 min after the drip is done.

It did 2 times IL before ET. There will be another one coming soon. I dont know when yet, see when dr sheila schedule. Im seeing her after the heartbeat scan then i think she will order the IL.

Gracewithus,
I m going well ... now at wk12 and tapering down on my prednisolone :)

Good to hear that you are coping well with the ILs sessions. Dr shiela will do it in her ARc clinic ?

How long would it take to stop? Mine has become brown stains/streaks today though I was hoping would stop almost completely soon. Never has it taken so long, probably becoz this time was red and more.

Depends... but as long as brown steaks should be tapering off and no further concerns.

Mummies!!

Anyone transferred 2 embies?

And pregnant with twins?

What was the support given after the transfer?

Yes i had many friends who transferred 2 good grades blastocysts and both stick on. As for supports post bfp it depends on different clinics.

Yes i had many friends who transferred 2 good grades blastocysts and both stick on. As for supports post bfp it depends on different clinics.

I am considering of transferring 2 embies .
Im 29 yo.
I know doctor are going to warn me abt twin risks..

Im 29 yo.

I transferred 3 and bfp with 1 during my 1st pregnancy. FET #2 transferred 2 average embryos and bfn. This time i just transferred 1 6AA blasto and it sticked on me.

Assuming if there are no other factors which may affect implantation (endometrium or immunity issues), its not the no. Of embyors transferred but the quality of the embryos transferred which will make the difference in the outcome.

Im 29 yo.

Nornally is transfer 2 de dun ever transfer 1. U nv know if transfer 1 later fail hw. If transfer 2 u got chances of getting singleton or twins. High chance of twins but not all will get it de.

Nornally is transfer 2 de dun ever transfer 1. U nv know if transfer 1 later fail hw. If transfer 2 u got chances of getting singleton or twins. High chance of twins but not all will get it de.

Thats what I thought so. Maybe could increase my chance this time around..

Im 29 yo.

Yup, doctor will definitely warn about risks with multiples. If you are ready and prepared for multiples, then it is ok to go with 2 embies. I am prepared with twins, and I want to increase my chances also. So, I transferred 2 good embies, in the end 1 sticked. At least all the efforts did not go to waste.

Yup, doctor will definitely warn about risks with multiples. If you are ready and prepared for multiples, then it is ok to go with 2 embies. I am prepared with twins, and I want to increase my chances also. So, I transferred 2 good embies, in the end 1 sticked. At least all the efforts did not go to waste.

My friend too. Two of my friends in fact. Transferred 2 and 1 sticks. Im happy with either twin or singleton. I'll be very grateful.

Last edited:
Yup, we all just hope to hold our healthy and rainbow baby in our arms one day :)

ba8feec14d8d748bbe6122beb4357b27.jpg

I transferred 3 and bfp with 1 during my 1st pregnancy. FET #2 transferred 2 average embryos and bfn. This time i just transferred 1 6AA blasto and it sticked on me.

Assuming if there are no other factors which may affect implantation (endometrium or immunity issues), its not the no. Of embyors transferred but the quality of the embryos transferred which will make the difference in the outcome.

Actually when u trf 3 and bfp with 1, what happens to the other 2?
Cos usually it passes out as blood if it's bfn
But since one implanted, then what happens to the rest?

Actually when u trf 3 and bfp with 1, what happens to the other 2?
Cos usually it passes out as blood if it's bfn
But since one implanted, then what happens to the rest?

If bfn, its menses. The body will self absorb the embryos that did not implant.

if transfer 2 end up only 1 means the other embryo being eaten up by the current embryo lor haha that's what my hub say haha say my boy eaten up his another embryo haha

Is normal. Having nausea means bb is growing well thats what dr tan say. Btw there's mummies who puke frm trimester 1 all the way till bb is out.
Wahhhh i very depress with my nausea.... i puke for the whole day... and nothing seem to get absorb... i very stress.. plus i have lost weight so very worry..

Wahhhh i very depress with my nausea.... i puke for the whole day... and nothing seem to get absorb... i very stress.. plus i have lost weight so very worry..

These few days I'm like that
V depressing
No appetite at all

How many weeks are u now

Dun worry though u lost weight but ur bb is gaining weight, nothing to be stress de. Trimester 2 will be better which is around week 14

I just gave birth to my twin gals last sat. Dun worry about ms cos I take it as a sign tat my pregnancy is gg well if the ms symptoms disappear i more worry .
Take it easy n try to figure out wat food can help to ease ur ms. For my case tom yum soup works for my both pregnancy ...

I just gave birth to my twin gals last sat. Dun worry about ms cos I take it as a sign tat my pregnancy is gg well if the ms symptoms disappear i more worry .
Take it easy n try to figure out wat food can help to ease ur ms. For my case tom yum soup works for my both pregnancy ...

Hi! Congrats on yr delivery! Normal delivery or ceasar? Did u transfer two embies? Im considering of transferring 2 for next FET.

Congrats!!! But ms is very terrible i cant even hv a proper meal... and hving phobia on food...

Back