2017 IVF mummies

Oh I see, my schedule is in the month of jul 17 for ivf procedure. Not to worry. You not that old . You still very young.

I am nervous though. Read abt blastocyst.. and found out that gynae will not transfer 2 embryos if its blastocyst cos the chances of embryo splitting is high.

A friend of mine who is 30 this yr. she just did her IVF in KKH last month but it didnt succeed. She only had 1 embryo transferred.

So im thinking if we're allowed to ask for 2 ET instead of 1?

Just collected and the nurse taught how to inject. Scary shit. But i inject the pen one first so not that scary.

So during this stim period. Anything i should be avoiding to eat or anything i should eat?

Not to worry. Relax and take a deep
I am nervous though. Read abt blastocyst.. and found out that gynae will not transfer 2 embryos if its blastocyst cos the chances of embryo splitting is high.

A friend of mine who is 30 this yr. she just did her IVF in KKH last month but it didnt succeed. She only had 1 embryo transferred.

So im thinking if we're allowed to ask for 2 ET instead of 1?

I have did it fresh cycle put two embryo and frozen also two embryo but still failed.

You and your hubby need to discuss if two can manage or not. If can, then go for two.

Just collected and the nurse taught how to inject. Scary shit. But i inject the pen one first so not that scary.

So during this stim period. Anything i should be avoiding to eat or anything i should eat?

You inject yourself or your hubby help you?

Don't scare cos my first time cycle, I had long cycle. I inject myself for one month plus. Imagine that.

So you will be fine.

Just remember that if ure strong for this, u can go thru labour. :)

I have did it fresh cycle put two embryo and frozen also two embryo but still failed.

You and your hubby need to discuss if two can manage or not. If can, then go for two.

Yeap. I think Hubby and I has agreed on 2 ET (with God's will).

Why not u ask Gynae about blastocyst?

You inject yourself or your hubby help you?

Don't scare cos my first time cycle, I had long cycle. I inject myself for one month plus. Imagine that.

So you will be fine.

Thanks dear. How do you know if you are on short or long cycle. I have to inject and go back next monday

which day to start injecting? the pen do not pop inside tummy right

do you know the estimate of how much at least both income need in order to put 2 in?

very confusing cos my hb is going 40 soon. i think we dont have the time to put 1 first then next time another 1

do you know the estimate of how much at least both income need in order to put 2 in?

very confusing cos my hb is going 40 soon. i think we dont have the time to put 1 first then next time another 1

If you and hubby can handle twin baby. Then go for it.

• I have a girl who is this year 5yr old. Give birth via c-section. Dr Tan did a check on my womb. The operation cut of my womb is quite thinned which is normal. So I'm not advisable to have a twin. Worry the grow and mass of the twin in my womb.

Thanks dear. How do you know if you are on short or long cycle. I have to inject and go back next monday

Did you see the nurse 2nd day of your period?

Long cycle I have experience injection one month before of this medicine superfact. Then doc will monitor me my egg and hormo. Then inject gonal f and etc.

Huh? Really? There's a minimum income in order to have 2 ET? I didnt know! And would like to know!

Did you see the nurse 2nd day of your period?

Long cycle I have experience injection one month before of this medicine superfact. Then doc will monitor me my egg and hormo. Then inject gonal f and etc.
Today is 2nd day den injected gonal f. Den next is some C meds

Yours is the long or short cycle? Whats the difference? How does gynae determine the cycle length?

Actually how to determine if its a long or short cycle? I am told to inject the proja for 5 days? Followed by another injection. My next scan is next mon.

Just did my second shots.. few questions:

-how do you know if you are on a long/short cycle? Is there any reason why one is given long/short cycle?

-is there anything that i should avoid eating at the stimm stage? I see you all mention eggs, can u eat my soft boiled eggs now?

Just did my second shots.. few questions:

-how do you know if you are on a long/short cycle? Is there any reason why one is given long/short cycle?

-is there anything that i should avoid eating at the stimm stage? I see you all mention eggs, can u eat my soft boiled eggs now?

Hi Sharkles
Can't really answer question 1, I've just always followed my gynae's instruction. My last cycle was an antagonist protocol, apparently it is neither long nor short. If you're interested, I found a comparison table which I found quite enlightening.
http://www.bubblesandbumps.com/whats-the-difference-between-a-short-and-long-ivf-protocol/

At the stims stage, my gynae did advise to abstain from soy and chicken. Other than that, it's good to have eggs! I personally take 2 egg whites on alternate days and have continued this all the way through my FET and 2ww.

I just tested positive. Is there a chat group for IVF mummies now? If yes, can I be added pls? :)

Hi Sharkles
Can't really answer question 1, I've just always followed my gynae's instruction. My last cycle was an antagonist protocol, apparently it is neither long nor short. If you're interested, I found a comparison table which I found quite enlightening.
http://www.bubblesandbumps.com/whats-the-difference-between-a-short-and-long-ivf-protocol/

At the stims stage, my gynae did advise to abstain from soy and chicken. Other than that, it's good to have eggs! I personally take 2 egg whites on alternate days and have continued this all the way through my FET and 2ww.

I just tested positive. Is there a chat group for IVF mummies now? If yes, can I be added pls? :)

Congrats. Wah... i have been eatin chicken.. i can eat eggs but i also eat the yolk tho.

Theres a groupchat for ladies gng thru ivf tho.

Arghhh just did my jab and the injection site hurts

Congrats. Wah... i have been eatin chicken.. i can eat eggs but i also eat the yolk tho.

Hi Sharkles,

I think it should be fine.. I continued to eat some chicken too but I stepped up in having fish. Eggs, no problem if u wanna eat the yolk too, I'm just afraid of high cholesterol for myself coz I eat other foods with eggs in them too. What injection did u just do?

Hi Sharkles,

I think it should be fine.. I continued to eat some chicken too but I stepped up in having fish. Eggs, no problem if u wanna eat the yolk too, I'm just afraid of high cholesterol for myself coz I eat other foods with eggs in them too. What injection did u just do?

Did the oran-something jab. =/

Hi ladies (sorry if this isn't the correct forum to ask this), but I'm hoping to hear from IVF mummies to infect some hope for me as I'm feeling really stressed out now after seeing the scan results.

This is my 1st IVF -- today being 1st scan after 5 day of 150u gonal F stimulation (CD10) - but I'm only having 5 out of 15 follicles (found during baseline scan) is growing at 7-11mm. Is that follicies growth too slow? Lining is about 10mm.

They did a blood test too this morning with estrogen level around 2100, hence dr didn't increase the dosage of stimulation. Really worried about the slow growth of the follicles - anything I can do to boost the growth? Anyone experienced this before?

Anyone has experienced the same situation as me? I am on gonal f for 6 days and my follicles only grew to 7.5mm. i have about 10 follicles with many small ones. Doc say my ovarian reserve is good tho. My initial dosage was 200mg of gonal f and now is up to 225mg for the next 3 days.

How do i make it grow to the ideal size soon?

I am increasing my eggs intake, started taking royal jelly, drinking bird's nest. Is there anything else i should be eating?

Nice to see a 2017 ivf support group. Had fet done last Fri.. It's a day 5 transfer. Had menses like cramp on sun n again today. N just saw some staining this evening.. Can someone pls advise me there's still chance of bfp?

Nice to see a 2017 ivf support group. Had fet done last Fri.. It's a day 5 transfer. Had menses like cramp on sun n again today. N just saw some staining this evening.. Can someone pls advise me there's still chance of bfp?

Hi niece..

I believe if its just spotting shud be fine... still have chance of bfp. Stay positive! Baby dust!

The timing feels like implantation bleeding. Have faith, you're still in the game! Stay positive and sending happy vibes yr way!

Thanks Monalee and finesse 9702. I really hope so it's not af.
Any Jie Mei men had something like that? Ur reassurance is very impt. If this fail, we are not gg to try anymore.

Thanks Monalee and finesse 9702. I really hope so it's not af.
Any Jie Mei men had something like that? Ur reassurance is very impt. If this fail, we are not gg to try anymore.

I believe it's implantation bleeding.
I had severe cramps few days after et which was a day3 trsf last pregnancy, cramps in the early morning making me thot I had stomachache in cold sweat. I even went to see dr tat morning tiking cld it b infection from the trsf. In the end it was a bfp 2 weeks later n makes me realise wat the cramp is

Hi I'm Claudia here can I join in the chat. By the way like to ask has any one pregnant through ivf and still continue eating Tcm Med?Thanks

Yes NUH gave me 19 days of hospitalization leave which ended last week. Good thing I'm self employed so I can have time to go back for medical/ injection/ Apply all these medications.

Did anyone of you did TCM Accupuncture to assist with IVF? I did twice and have 4 more sessions, but not sure if it's save now.

Are you ladies back at work? I feel tired all the time, have to take afternoon naps on some days too.
Hi Truddy,

Can I ask after your pregnant do you still continue with your Tcm Med?

Thank you

Hi I'm Claudia here can I join in the chat. By the way like to ask has any one pregnant through ivf and still continue eating Tcm Med?Thanks
Hi hi.. Me.. I was on tcm thru out my previous pregnancy.. I also did inform my Dr that I was on tcm n hes OK with it.

Hi hi.. Me.. I was on tcm thru out my previous pregnancy.. I also did inform my Dr that I was on tcm n hes OK with it.
Hi I'm still pondering to eat or not to eat bec I'm already on a lot of western Med. The nurse and my dr advise me better not. Oh btw may I know who is ur Tcm? Thanks

Hi...i am still taking med given by tcm doctor. Maybe till when is more stable like 3 to 4 mths can stop tcm, according to the tcm doctor

Back