2017 IVF mummies

My last FET. Had a blood test on the 16 mar with a HCG of 2580 but had a scan on the 29 mar only detect 1 heartbeat.

When is ur next scan? My wk 6 shows 1 hb , wk 7 scan shows 2 hb

Next scan is next tues by then shld be abt week 8 or 9 ba. But the first scan at AMC the lady was saying my bb still very small so need to use vaginal scan instead of the normal scan. But next tues i think is dr tan himself scan for me de.

Next scan is next tues by then shld be abt week 8 or 9 ba. But the first scan at AMC the lady was saying my bb still very small so need to use vaginal scan instead of the normal scan. But next tues i think is dr tan himself scan for me de.
After the first appt for the scan, the next appt is 1 mth later?

ur scan next tue? mine next wed! hehe! excited.

After the first appt for the scan, the next appt is 1 mth later?

some r 2 wks, my dr is 3 wks later which is wk9

HELP!

So my scheduled BT was on 31 Mar but during my 2WW i had spotting so i called KKIVF and was asked to go down on 24 Mar and 27 Mar to do BT. My initial BT came back 30.5 and second BT was 118. My scheduled BT on 31 Mar was 502. So accordingly to 2 friends who are with KK and Dr Tan, they only went back for one BT and KKIVF will call them back in the afternoon to take appt letter and prescription. However for me, i was called back to go down and see Dr Tan and was told my case was handed over to Dr Tan. When i asked why i wasnt told to go back to KKIVF they said cos i took more than one BT and my initial reading was less than 250. i dont really understand. the thing is, i know most people will get an appt letter to indicate when to see the dr and also to go to AMC for scan. But for me, i was just told by Felicia to come back on 13 Apr to see Dr Tan. That's it. no mention about scans or going to AMC. i am just scared it is their internal miscommunication but when i called KKIVF, they sounded abit frustrated and told me that i just need to follow what Felicia say. When i tried to call the central number to reach Clinic D, i waited for close to 15mins and it is impossible to get hold of anyone at Clinic D directly.

Does anyone have the same experience with me where you are being referred to see Dr Tan immediately and no mention of scans?

HELP!

So my scheduled BT was on 31 Mar but during my 2WW i had spotting so i called KKIVF and was asked to go down on 24 Mar and 27 Mar to do BT. My initial BT came back 30.5 and second BT was 118. My scheduled BT on 31 Mar was 502. So accordingly to 2 friends who are with KK and Dr Tan, they only went back for one BT and KKIVF will call them back in the afternoon to take appt letter and prescription. However for me, i was called back to go down and see Dr Tan and was told my case was handed over to Dr Tan. When i asked why i wasnt told to go back to KKIVF they said cos i took more than one BT and my initial reading was less than 250. i dont really understand. the thing is, i know most people will get an appt letter to indicate when to see the dr and also to go to AMC for scan. But for me, i was just told by Felicia to come back on 13 Apr to see Dr Tan. That's it. no mention about scans or going to AMC. i am just scared it is their internal miscommunication but when i called KKIVF, they sounded abit frustrated and told me that i just need to follow what Felicia say. When i tried to call the central number to reach Clinic D, i waited for close to 15mins and it is impossible to get hold of anyone at Clinic D directly.

Does anyone have the same experience with me where you are being referred to see Dr Tan immediately and no mention of scans?
no ley, my was amc route.

Hi mummy to be.... mind adding me on he whatsapp group? Anyone? Some intro on myself.

Did 1 IUI + 1 IVF and transfer 2 em last year but failed at NUH CHR

Now preggy after 1 em FET on 22nd Mar 17 but Dr Stephen Chew.

Took pregnancy test on day 9th, 10, and 11th after 3 day post transfer. Kiasu mah. Menses havent come. Lol.

Before I went to CHR for bood test, already saw 1 of my breast size up abit hahaha. N slight cramp and bloating at lower abdominal. Going to FCC scan on 17th April.

Now on Crinone gel, injection 2x a week and Duphaston tabs. Nurse said this is for 8 weeks. Paid $205 for 2 weeks Crinone gels and 1 injection at the button. Was not aware on this lucky got enough cash. But for 8 weeks seriously?

Have lots n lots of qns in my head. So add me on the WA group if you dont mind.

No. 92729008

HELP!

Me. I am told to see dr tan for my first appt and the scan will be done by him. I dunno y also. Just follow their instructions.

Hi Ladies,

Anyone know what is the difference in pricing in doing IVF as a Private patient in KKH versus IVF as a subsidised patient? Anyone is seeing Dr. Sadhana at KKH? Monday will be my first appt with her. Dunno what to expect but hope all goes well.

Hi Ladies,

Anyone know what is the difference in pricing in doing IVF as a Private patient in KKH versus IVF as a subsidised patient? Anyone is seeing Dr. Sadhana at KKH? Monday will be my first appt with her. Dunno what to expect but hope all goes well.
I think ivf pts are all non subsidized. Correct me if i am wrong.

Hi Ladies,

Subsidized patients get to choose their preferred dr. Pricing wise it's the same I think.

Yea felicia called and said just see dr tan. I guess i shall not annoy them further =/ haha

Sharkles, becos u experienced bleeding, dr tan will monitor and/or scan u himself. I didn't go amc till my Oscar test; cos I had the same bleeding episodes as u, during 2ww, then subsequently as well. Trust nurse Felicia and dr tan, they r v professional.

Last year when I had my first positive, I went direct to amc cos no bleeding. That's the usual protocol. When u bleed, u get shifted up on priority. Hope that clarifies.

Hi I'm the originator of this thread. Lost my baby at 3 weeks after starting this thread. Heartbeat stopped.

Nevertheless I'm back with a vengeance lol. In my 15th week of pregnancy after a FET. Some of the earlier pioneers of this thread shd have given birth already. Congratulations if anyone's reading this.

Sharkles, becos u experienced bleeding, dr tan will monitor and/or scan u himself. I didn't go amc till my Oscar test; cos I had the same bleeding episodes as u, during 2ww, then subsequently as well. Trust nurse Felicia and dr tan, they r v professional.

Last year when I had my first positive, I went direct to amc cos no bleeding. That's the usual protocol. When u bleed, u get shifted up on priority. Hope that clarifies.

Ahhh! Thanks for clarifying! Yes that makes sense now.

Hi I'm the originator of this thread. Lost my baby at 3 weeks after starting this thread. Heartbeat stopped.

Nevertheless I'm back with a vengeance lol. In my 15th week of pregnancy after a FET. Some of the earlier pioneers of this thread shd have given birth already. Congratulations if anyone's reading this.

Sorry to hear about your loss.. congrats on ur current pregnancy! All the best

Hi Ladies,

Pricing in ivf center are the same. But once i choose doc for ivf, my clinic d status is upgrade to private, consultation and scans etc are more expensive at clinic d.

Hi All, anyone seeing Dr Tan Tse Yuen from kkh for ivf/FET? Any feedback on how she's like or her success rates?

Hi All, anyone seeing Dr Tan Tse Yuen from kkh for ivf/FET? Any feedback on how she's like or her success rates?

Hi Rinapua85, I was assigned to Dr TTY last year when I went to KKIVF as a subsidized patient. I did a fresh and a frozen cycle with her. Personally, I feel that she comes across as inexperienced and is unable to address patient's questions and concerns effectively nor provide substantial recommendations. After the 2 failed cycles (1 fresh 1 frozen) I requested to change doc to Dr THH.

Just to give you a couple of examples:

1) I have a blocked Fallopian tube which was diagnosed through HSG when I was seeing a private gynae at Gleneagles. Dr TTY suggested that I do hysteroscopy to unblock the tube. I asked her how this will impact my chances for IVF success. She said actually I can still do IVF coz Fallopian tube is not required for the conception process, but it may reduce chances of conceiving and left the decision to me. Since we didn't want to wait any longer, we went ahead with IVF without unblocking the tube. When I started seeing Dr THH; he too told me to unblock the tube and counseled me on the procedure, and convinced me to undergo the surgery. He also told me that it will increase chances by a certain percentage (can't remember now if it was 50 or 50% but it was quite high). The difference here is, Dr TTY was merely giving me information whereas Dr THH was giving me consultantion on what I should do.

2) During the 1st fresh cycle, Dr TTY did a day 2 transfer for me with 2 embryos. On the day of transfer, she told me that my hormone levels are very high but if i don't transfer on that day, they don't know if the embryos will grow to day 5. So she suggested that I go ahead with the transfer. As it was my first time and clueless, I listened to her and went ahead. It failed. When I went back to see her, I asked her if I had waited till day 5 for blastocyst transfer would that increase the success rate? Her answer was, they wouldn't know if the embryos will survive and grow to blastocyst so there may be a chance that I'll be left with no embryos to transfer. So I asked her comparing lab culture and putting the embryos in my uterus, which environment would have benefited in the embryos survival rate? She said no difference. So I asked then what's the point of doing a day 2 transfer since putting them in my uterus doesn't have any additional benefit compared to lab? She became defensive and impatient and said any other other doctor would have done the same...
When I saw Dr THH for my 2nd fresh cycle, he told me on the day of transfer to wait because my hormone levels are very high and will affect implantation. He advised me against transfering on that day and suggested that I wait. I told him yes during the first cycle my hormone levels were very high too. He took a look at my records, my hormone levels during the 1st fresh cycle was even higher! So I didn't proceed with the transfer on that day and waited till the next cycle for frozen transfer.

I eventually conceived during my first transfer with Dr THH. I'm glad that I changed doctor because I can really see the difference in the way both doctors advise me, and Dr THH is very pragmatic in his approach. He takes time to counsel and explain to me on the suggestions he give me which makes me feel a lot more confident that he knows what he's doing. Of course, it also depends on a bit of luck to successfully conceive, but knowing that the doctor is well aware of what he's doing make a whole lot of difference.

This is just based on my personal experience. I'm sure Dr TTY has successfully helped other mummies conceive, but her level of knowledge and professionalism to me, is questionable.

Last edited:
Hi Rinapua85, I was assigned to Dr TTY last year when I went to KKIVF as a subsidized patient. I did a fresh and a frozen cycle with her. Personally, I feel that she comes across as inexperienced and is unable to address patient's questions and concerns effectively nor provide substantial recommendations. After the 2 failed cycles (1 fresh 1 frozen) I requested to change doc to Dr THH.

Just to give you a couple of examples:

1) I have a blocked Fallopian tube which was diagnosed through HSG when I was seeing a private gynae at Gleneagles. Dr TTY suggested that I do hysteroscopy to unblock the tube. I asked her how this will impact my chances for IVF success. She said actually I can still do IVF coz Fallopian tube is not required for the conception process, but it may reduce chances of conceiving and left the decision to me. Since we didn't want to wait any longer, we went ahead with IVF without u blocking the tube. When I started seeing Dr THH; he too told me to unblock the tube and counseled me on the procedure, and convinced me to undergo the surgery. He also told me that it will increase chances by a certain percentage (can't remember now if it was 50 or 50% but it was quite high). The difference here is, Dr TTY was merely giving me information whereas Dr THH was giving me consultantion on what I should do.

2) During the 1st fresh cycle, Dr TTY did a day 2 transfer for me with 2 embryos. On the day of transfer, she told me that my hormone levels are very high but if i don't transfer on that day, they don't know if the embryos will grow to day 5. So she suggested that I go ahead with the transfer. As it was my first time and clueless, I listened to her and went ahead. It failed. When I went back to see her, I asked her if I had waited till day 5 for blastocyst transfer would that increase the success rate? Her answer was, they wouldn't know if the embryos will survive and grow to blastocyst so there may be a chance that I'll be left with no embryos to transfer. So I asked her comparing lab culture and putting the embryos in my uterus, which environment would have benefited in the embryos survival rate? She said no difference. So I asked then what's the point of doing a day 2 transfer since putting them in my uterus doesn't have any additional benefit compared to lab? She became defensive and impatient and said any other other doctor would have done the same...
When I saw Dr THH for my 2nd fresh cycle, he told me on the day of transfer to wait because my hormone levels are very high and will affect implantation. He advised me against transfering on that day and suggested that I wait. I told him yes during the first cycle my hormone levels were very high too. He took a look at my records, my hormone levels during the 1st fresh cycle was even higher! So I didn't proceed with the transfer on that day and waited till the next cycle for frozen transfer.

I eventually conceived during my first transfer with Dr THH. I'm glad that I changed doctor because I can really see the difference in the way both doctors advise me, and Dr THH is very pragmatic in his approach. He takes time to counsel and explain to me on the suggestions he give me which makes me feel a lot more confident that he knows what he's doing. Of course, it also depends on a bit of luck to successfully conceive, but knowing that the doctor is well aware of what he's doing make a whole lot of difference.

This is just based on my personal experience. I'm sure Dr TTY has successfully helped other mummies conceive, but her level of knowledge and professionalism to me, is questionable.

Thanks for your advice milkcandy..I have had 1 ivf(no transfer) and 2 failed FETs with her...I'm currently undergoing my 3rd FET with her and was thinking that if it fails again I would switch to private...

Prior to starting ivf I sought second opinion with Dr Loh SF and my TCM doc and they were very confident that getting me pregnant would be a piece of cake given my good health test results...however with 2 failures I'm starting to wonder if everyone had been overly optimistic or if the skills of the doc transferring the embryo is lacking or if I have some hidden health conditions or if I am just plain unlucky..

I've been thinking of calling kkh to switch doc for my embryo transfer (which is approaching very very soon!) but I'm just worried it's too late to switch and if she found out of my attempt she may be too affected and my 3rd FET attempt may consequently be affected too...

Did u face any difficulties or unpleasantness when u switched docs?

Thanks for your advice milkcandy..I have had 1 ivf(no transfer) and 2 failed FETs with her...I'm currently undergoing my 3rd FET with her and was thinking that if it fails again I would switch to private...

Prior to starting ivf I sought second opinion with Dr Loh SF and my TCM doc and they were very confident that getting me pregnant would be a piece of cake given my good health test results...however with 2 failures I'm starting to wonder if everyone had been overly optimistic or if the skills of the doc transferring the embryo is lacking or if I have some hidden health conditions or if I am just plain unlucky..

I've been thinking of calling kkh to switch doc for my embryo transfer (which is approaching very very soon!) but I'm just worried it's too late to switch and if she found out of my attempt she may be too affected and my 3rd FET attempt may consequently be affected too...

for my experience, it is the skill of dr plus the place where they culture the embryos plays a part.

i was only pregnant after i am with THH with the 3th ivf cycle. ( fresh cycle) ( which ended up ectopic but not his fault). and 4th cycle pregnant again ( FET) with THH. i have been to TMC for my first round, NUH for 2nd round. the embryo aren't as pretty as what kkh has cultured out. TMC is pretty money face and a lot of things the dr did not explain to me. i was forced on FET for first cycle and did not allow fresh due to PCOS. but yet when 2nd cycle with nuh, they allow me to go on fresh despite PCOS. but the dr despite being snr consultant, he is only ivf focused and I was having infection and failed fresh cycle, he straightaway ask me to start FET which i feel he is not listening.

so i went on to kkh, but i approach kkh gynae first to treat my infection as i went to 3 different dr in private no one cure my infection at all. the gynae referred me to THH after curing me and THH was also very confident in getting me pregnant. and indeed, i am!

for my experience, it is the skill of dr plus the place where they culture the embryos plays a part.

i was only pregnant after i am with THH with the 3th ivf cycle. ( fresh cycle) ( which ended up ectopic but not his fault). and 4th cycle pregnant again ( FET) with THH. i have been to TMC for my first round, NUH for 2nd round. the embryo aren't as pretty as what kkh has cultured out. TMC is pretty money face and a lot of things the dr did not explain to me. i was forced on FET for first cycle and did not allow fresh due to PCOS. but yet when 2nd cycle with nuh, they allow me to go on fresh despite PCOS. but the dr despite being snr consultant, he is only ivf focused and I was having infection and failed fresh cycle, he straightaway ask me to start FET which i feel he is not listening.

so i went on to kkh, but i approach kkh gynae first to treat my infection as i went to 3 different dr in private no one cure my infection at all. the gynae referred me to THH after curing me and THH was also very confident in getting me pregnant. and indeed, i am!
Pcos cannot do fresh? Is it because of ohss?

Pcos cannot do fresh? Is it because of ohss?
yup. depends on hw confident your dr is. in fact, THH say my PCOS can go fresh ah. he also puzzled why TMC don't allow. the only reason i could think of is don't do fresh, they earn more.

I have pcos and managed to complete first fresh with thh. I like how thh knows what he is doing but also able to provide advice from a patient pov.

yup. depends on hw confident your dr is. in fact, THH say my PCOS can go fresh ah. he also puzzled why TMC don't allow. the only reason i could think of is don't do fresh, they earn more.

I don't have pcos but during my ivf, dr tan sze yuen also advised me against fresh transfer..I had too many follicles and was in high risk of ohss..she advised that I should wait and do FET instead as my body would be less strained and in a healthier state and the chances between fresh and thaw transfer are similar anyway..

I had gone to TMC to seek general advice before..and I think their concept would be to get as much embryos as possible for freezing so that patient only needs to go through ivf once..

I'm not really sure what pcos is about but..perhaps, just a guess, TMC used this concept and loaded you up on medication to extract more follicles but given the increased medication, u were more susceptible to ohss and they didn't want to take the risk...

THH has a pretty good record of having first transfer successful of cos not every lady will be bfp. I google and readup a little before i decide to upgrade to private with Dr Tan HH

my ttc was 11yrs, so i'm happy with thh. he is the only one who care to explain every step he take, also seek for patient opinion n not deciding everything on his own. he let me get a clearer picture n knowing wat i'm spending my $$ for.

and surprisingly, kkh ivf is the cheapest i paid compared with TMC,NUH,KKH

Do we call clinic d kkh if need to reach oit to dr tan? Thinking of going to c him earlier due to the brown discharge and slight cramp.

Do we call clinic d kkh if need to reach oit to dr tan? Thinking of going to c him earlier due to the brown discharge and slight cramp.
u call clinic D they will ask u go o&g. u can walk in early morning find thh and try do walk in Q for thh but prepare to wait very long if he can c u

Sounds bad. Will see how tml

Don't go early in the morning. He will be busy with ER, ET and meetings. Go at 1:30pm just before his afternoon sessions start. Or around 12pm on days he has morning clinic. Sit in front of his room and catch him when he gets there. Also tell Felicia you need to see him.
I have been doing this for past few years, sometimes just to hv a quick chat with him.

Don't go early in the morning. He will be busy with ER, ET and meetings. Go at 1:30pm just before his afternoon sessions start. Or around 12pm on days he has morning clinic. Sit in front of his room and catch him when he gets there. Also tell Felicia you need to see him.
I have been doing this for past few years, sometimes just to hv a quick chat with him.
Thanks!

In case of urgency, do u all go kk a and e? Just wondering for future. Cause if our gynae is a private gynae seems easier to reach/ contact them...called kk hotline for half hr but is to automate machine...

In case of urgency, do u all go kk a and e? Just wondering for future. Cause if our gynae is a private gynae seems easier to reach/ contact them...called kk hotline for half hr but is to automate machine...
Hi last time I got bleeding n Dr tan told me to look for him if within office hours. He will arrange for injection. If u go to 24hrs O&G they don't give u injection. They just give pills n do ultrasound. So Better catch Dr tan and talk to him u got spotting n he will ask nurse to slot u in between his appointment. If really can't find him, u should go to outside private clinic for weekly injection.

Hi last time I got bleeding n Dr tan told me to look for him if within office hours. He will arrange for injection. If u go to 24hrs O&G they don't give u injection. They just give pills n do ultrasound. So Better catch Dr tan and talk to him u got spotting n he will ask nurse to slot u in between his appointment. If really can't find him, u should go to outside private clinic for weekly injection.
Hello! Thanks! Bleed as in red color bleed?

Hello! Thanks! Bleed as in red color bleed?
Yes. At week 5 or 6, I got some bleeding bit by bit everyday. And one day there was so much blood like menses. Soaked 2-3 pads. So i went to O&G but didn't give me injection n said baby is ok. That time I didn't know I can look for Dr tan. So I went to private clinic for bi-weekly injection. When I saw Dr tan on next appt, he mentioned I can look for him in office hours.

Last edited:
I tried to reach kk and they ask me go og but i say i prefer to ask dr tan first. Rather c him. I experience groin pain now. 1 day 1 symptom making me crazy.

Hi rinapua, there was no unpleasantness when I switched doctor. In fact I was already not very satisfied with the way my case was handled by Dr TTY, so I don't think I had to feel bad about switching doctor. Personally, I feel that it is very important to be comfortable and confident in the doctor handling my case. If I had to leave the hospital feeling uneasy, then what's the point? IVF process is already not easy with all the commitments on time, money not to mention emotionally mentally taxing. I wouldn't waste time on a doctor I don't feel comfortable with. Not forgetting that getting an appointment with Dr THH also depends on his schedule.

By the way I requested to change doctor when I was making payment for my last appointment with Dr TTY. I told them I wanted to change to Dr THH instead of carry on with Dr TTY.

I tried to reach kk and they ask me go og but i say i prefer to ask dr tan first. Rather c him. I experience groin pain now. 1 day 1 symptom making me crazy.
How many weeks ru now? If U can, u need to go down there n look for him or his nurses personally. If u call them they sure ask u to go o&g. Don't drag too long. Better get support injection n pills. And let doc check baby is ok inside. Don't worry too much. Starting pregnancy will have lots of different pain n cramps.

How many weeks ru now? If U can, u need to go down there n look for him or his nurses personally. If u call them they sure ask u to go o&g. Don't drag too long. Better get support injection n pills. And let doc check baby is ok inside. Don't worry too much. Starting pregnancy will have lots of different pain n cramps.
Thanks =) should be 6 or 7 weeks. This wed c dr tan.

Back