2016/08 August babies

I tried Milo this morning and it certainly works for me!!! I am so happy and satisfied right now...... its like finally I get to drink some milk.

yea! so happy that it works for you.. it works for me and @zzeesays too. and its e best comfort food. try to go with some biscuits, see if it works for u too. its really lots of trial n error now... :)

Hi Aug mummies to be,

I have been secretly stalking this thread since Xmas day. I had a m/c in Aug 15 and I cant believe my eyes when I saw that double line on the test kit. It is the best Xmas present ever. Just saw my gynae during lunch time and saw that little heart beat flickering in the monitor. Edd is est 19/8/16. This is my #2.

Can anyone add me to the secret FB group please? my email is [email protected].

Looking forward to share this wonderful journey with all of you.

Hi All Aug Mummies,

Nice to meet all of you.
Just found out that we are blessed with our lil bean.
Have yet to schedule the appointment as the nurse is on leave.
based on the calculator, EDD supposed to be Aug 23rd

hope to see the doc and hear the heartbeat soon.
Admin, can you please kindly add me into the FB group? [email protected]

Looking forward to share this beautiful journeys with all the pretty mamas here.

Hahaha! @nudieposh, have you tried any new food that you might like? Yesterday I tried having salted egg prawn and it's so shiok!!

my current fav is also plain porridge with meat floss. i can actually tk a variety of food, just that my appetite is not great, so normally just 2 or 3 mouthful and i cant take in any more. anymore n i will feel nauseous. im joking w my hubby now tt im a professional vomit-ter.

my current fav is also plain porridge with meat floss. i can actually tk a variety of food, just that my appetite is not great, so normally just 2 or 3 mouthful and i cant take in any more. anymore n i will feel nauseous. im joking w my hubby now tt im a professional vomit-ter.

Everyday will think of what to eat and when I feel slightly got craving then go and buy. Yeah cannot eat much if not nauseated like serious stage hahaha

Oh btw finally gone for my second checkup today and managed to see my lil pea's heartbeat!!! Hurrayyy!!! Doc says everything look good but cos I've lost 3kg in 4wks and feeling faint regularly, he's making me rest at home for a week. Rest is good but worry for work!

Oh btw finally gone for my second checkup today and managed to see my lil pea's heartbeat!!! Hurrayyy!!! Doc says everything look good but cos I've lost 3kg in 4wks and feeling faint regularly, he's making me rest at home for a week. Rest is good but worry for work!

Yay! Am glad everything's good for you and baby!! Yeah same as me, feeling faint so gotta be stuck at home. How many weeks are you right now?

@adeqi I see! Oh three weeks need to go and see gynae? Mine have to wait till cny as I'm taking Oscar on last week of Jan. Like so longggg

Hello everyone here. Jz went to see gynae tis morning and saw a little bb and so touched when heard the heartbeat! Tis is my 2nd bb.

But i was very worried aft i did a hair cut aftnoon. The hairdresser used a peppermint oil for hair treatment (ard 15min). I can felt the very strong peppermint has absorbed into my scalp. I was quite regret and worried wld it affected the development of bb or even cause miscarriage ? Can anyone advise me pls?

hello just found out that I'm 7 weeks pregnant and I'm looking for a Gynae in KKH anyone of u have any recommendations? Thanks a lot :)

Hi mummies to be...

Just tested today and there was a faint line.. Told hubby not clear but he told me I'm just bluffing myself. This will be my 4th one.. Based on LMP, EDD should be 19 Aug... Not seeing gynea yet cos still early stage (now should be abt 7 wks).. Probably another 2 wks time or so.

Congratz to all the mummies to be here!

@Xinnn91 I kkh too but is subsidy de... Hb say no point seeing private gynea at kkh.. Diff gynea diff suggestions... So i anything as long baby is ok... My #1 also last min kkh c-sec.... Up to u yea.. :)

Hello everyone here. Jz went to see gynae tis morning and saw a little bb and so touched when heard the heartbeat! Tis is my 2nd bb.

But i was very worried aft i did a hair cut aftnoon. The hairdresser used a peppermint oil for hair treatment (ard 15min). I can felt the very strong peppermint has absorbed into my scalp. I was quite regret and worried wld it affected the development of bb or even cause miscarriage ? Can anyone advise me pls?
There is no proof that peppermint will cause issue to baby. People advise against using it because there is no data showing that it's safe to use (but that doesn't mean it's unsafe). Since it's topical application, even less of it will go into your blood and it's probably not concentrated because conc peppermint can be burning to touch.
I think just avoid doing the hair treatment again. Don't worry about what's done.

Hi mummies to be...

Just tested today and there was a faint line.. Told hubby not clear but he told me I'm just bluffing myself. This will be my 4th one.. Based on LMP, EDD should be 19 Aug... Not seeing gynea yet cos still early stage (now should be abt 7 wks).. Probably another 2 wks time or so.

Congratz to all the mummies to be here!

Wow 4th bb. How did u manage with 3 kids? I already starting to feel apprehensive of how am i going to manage 2 kids when i pop in aug!

Wow 4th bb. How did u manage with 3 kids? I already starting to feel apprehensive of how am i going to manage 2 kids when i pop in aug!

My 3 kids are pretty close in age gap. All 2 yrs apart. Initially it's always more difficult. Especially when they are younger.. My parents look after for me.. Though my youngest one was in childcare since 18 mths onwards.. Plus my big one is very independent.. And she helps to take care of the siblings.. :)

Reactions: FFT
I guess sometimes we worry like how are we going to manage. But at the end of the day, it's just mothers instinct. We will manage to go through it. :)

Hi FFT
i was thinking the same too!!! how to take care of a newborn and a toddler at the same time?

Definitely possible! :) my girl was 20mths old when her lil brother was born. Now they are bff! I will have 3 kids under 4 this year. Embracing with open arms

It's good that the age gap is close. They grow and play together. :) like my 3 kids.. But not forgetting, it can be tiring at times when it comes to attention seeking especially for the middle one.

I think tt will need another 2 years b 4 the small one can play with the bigger one. My elder is only going to be 2 year old this year. Now he is at a v active stage. Keep crying for attention most of the time when i was in the house. It feels like a nightmare going home after work nowadays cos i have to manage him and juggle with my ms.

There is no proof that peppermint will cause issue to baby. People advise against using it because there is no data showing that it's safe to use (but that doesn't mean it's unsafe). Since it's topical application, even less of it will go into your blood and it's probably not concentrated because conc peppermint can be burning to touch.
I think just avoid doing the hair treatment again. Don't worry about what's done.

Tks blackcanary! Feel rest assured aft yr advice. Definitely will be more cautious in future!

I think tt will need another 2 years b 4 the small one can play with the bigger one. My elder is only going to be 2 year old this year. Now he is at a v active stage. Keep crying for attention most of the time when i was in the house. It feels like a nightmare going home after work nowadays cos i have to manage him and juggle with my ms.

It's like that. Cos now u r preggy. They always say, when u r pregnant, the older one will be very sticky to you and crying for attention. I experienced it too. My first one was abt 21 mths when my 2nd one was born.. Before that also super sticky to me.: always only want me! It's cos they know that soon there will be another one fighting for attention with them. :)

Do u have anyone that can help u look after? At least for a while. A bit of rest will also do u good. :) is your ms very bad?

I haven fixed my appt with gynea yet.. He's very hard to fix. Haiz... But I think I should go pharmacy and buy folic acid and calcium tablets first. :)

It's like that. Cos now u r preggy. They always say, when u r pregnant, the older one will be very sticky to you and crying for attention. I experienced it too. My first one was abt 21 mths when my 2nd one was born.. Before that also super sticky to me.: always only want me! It's cos they know that soon there will be another one fighting for attention with them. :)

Do u have anyone that can help u look after? At least for a while. A bit of rest will also do u good. :) is your ms very bad?

My hub lo. But the young one will keep screaming and crying until he raise white flag. On wkends, i just bring him over to my in law's place for them to help me juggle him while i nap.

Ya. The ms this preggy seems quite bad compared to the last. Only able to down small meals at a time.

I haven fixed my appt with gynea yet.. He's very hard to fix. Haiz... But I think I should go pharmacy and buy folic acid and calcium tablets first. :)

Take folic acid first. I got mine from guardian. The black mores de.

Ca tablets not tt urgent ba. Wait a bit later should be ok.

Anyone's going for harmony or genetic scanning with prof ananda?

Hi,

Will be doing panarama at KKH ($800+) & genetic scan with Dr Ananda. The nurse at Dr Ananda quoted me $600 over the phone, scan to be done in Week 14.

fyi pls

Anyone have oledy booked confinement lady ? is it too early if book and pay deposit now?

my #1 i waited till pass 1st tri. end up those recommended ones gone. i ended up w a so-so CL. this time i verbally booked after tested +ve lol. havent made deposit yet so dunno verbal agreement will hold or not. if really cfm at least i know this will most prob be better than e last.

My hub lo. But the young one will keep screaming and crying until he raise white flag. On wkends, i just bring him over to my in law's place for them to help me juggle him while i nap.

Ya. The ms this preggy seems quite bad compared to the last. Only able to down small meals at a time.

Take smaller meals but more often ba. Normally it lasts for the 1st trimester. :) I started having a bit of ms yesterday and today... But I'm more tired than hungry... So I tried to sleep it over. :p

Back