2016/08 August babies

Hi mommies, what have you all been having for dinner despite feeling nauseated? I realised my evening sickness is usually worse than morning and am stressed to think about dinner everyday.

So here to ask for some ideas to try on myself..

after sometime, i realised that it's becos of my evening sickness tt i have prob w dinner, not becos of hunger pang turned into wind. ytd i ttly cant stomach my dinner so i juz had a cup of milo. towards 10pm i was feeling hungry again and e sicky feeling wasnt thr much so i was able to finish my maggie mee. i'll try tt again tdy. just sharing :)

Hi mommies, what have you all been having for dinner despite feeling nauseated? I realised my evening sickness is usually worse than morning and am stressed to think about dinner everyday.

So here to ask for some ideas to try on myself..
Hmm try dong fen? With chicken stock and minced meat? If feeling better with a bit of vegetables?

Hmm try dong fen? With chicken stock and minced meat? If feeling better with a bit of vegetables?

This morning I tried having some thick beehoon with fishball and white fishcake, couldn't finish even 1/4, just a mouthful and felt sick. Hungry but couldn't eat.

I can take abit of veggy but not meat. But sometimes I still can eat a few mouth of KFC and yesterday 5 pcs of mcd nuggets. Baby don't like Chinese food? Lol

after sometime, i realised that it's becos of my evening sickness tt i have prob w dinner, not becos of hunger pang turned into wind. ytd i ttly cant stomach my dinner so i juz had a cup of milo. towards 10pm i was feeling hungry again and e sicky feeling wasnt thr much so i was able to finish my maggie mee. i'll try tt again tdy. just sharing :)

Yeah when I feel hungry but couldn't eat, I'll make a big mug of Milo too. Seems like Milo is my comfy drink.

This morning I tried having some thick beehoon with fishball and white fishcake, couldn't finish even 1/4, just a mouthful and felt sick. Hungry but couldn't eat.

I can take abit of veggy but not meat. But sometimes I still can eat a few mouth of KFC and yesterday 5 pcs of mcd nuggets. Baby don't like Chinese food? Lol
Maybe cos the fish ball too fishy too. Worse case scenario. White bread with milo.
U can try cup corn too. Try to avoid fried food.

Maybe cos the fish ball too fishy too. Worse case scenario. White bread with milo.
U can try cup corn too. Try to avoid fried food.

I tried boiled potato, feels fine but everyday eat the same food also will feel sick eventually. Lol good idea cup corn! Maybe I'll try that, those ripped out then put margarine kind?

I tried boiled potato, feels fine but everyday eat the same food also will feel sick eventually. Lol good idea cup corn! Maybe I'll try that, those ripped out then put margarine kind?
I ate macdonalds one this morning. Quite ok leh. No rejection. or maybe steam the whole corn ur self also not bad. Cos I saw my colleague ate ytd like very shiok.

Eating is such a hassle nowadays.
Cannot get hungry else will feel nauseous. After eat also same. :(

I always try to eat light/soupy food. I cannot stand the smell of fried & oily food.

Cakes is big no no no for me. Sure need visit toilet after that.

Eating is such a hassle nowadays.
Cannot get hungry else will feel nauseous. After eat also same. :(

I always try to eat light/soupy food. I cannot stand the smell of fried & oily food.

Cakes is big no no no for me. Sure need visit toilet after that.

I feel you totally. At least you can take light and soupy. I cannot take wet food so no soupy or noodles with gravy. Can take plain bread with cheese though.

I loved chicken rice and curry but now very hesitant to try haha

But gonna try corn after hearing porkymum suggest!

Last edited:
I usually vomit in the evenings :( it's getting horrid. My only comfort is that baby is well since I'm vomiting haha

Hi mummies.... I got a positive on 19th Dec 15 at polyclinic! I think im now is abt 6 weeks pregnant.. Got a app at KKH Jan 16.... Nice to know all mummies here.. Merry Christmas

Hi mummies.... I got a positive on 19th Dec 15 at polyclinic! I think im now is abt 6 weeks pregnant.. Got a app at KKH Jan 16.... Nice to know all mummies here.. Merry Christmas

Congrats Junkkk! Can get a confirmation when you go KKH :) Merry Christmas to you!

hi everyone, i just used 2 kits and i am tested positive, from the kit it states that i should be 5+ weeks pregnant but i have not arranged any appt with a gynae. does anyone has a recommendation? and shouldi go to polyclinic or private hospital? sorry its my firsts child so i am more anxious... merry christmas to everyone! hope to get some advices

hi everyone, i just used 2 kits and i am tested positive, from the kit it states that i should be 5+ weeks pregnant but i have not arranged any appt with a gynae. does anyone has a recommendation? and shouldi go to polyclinic or private hospital? sorry its my firsts child so i am more anxious... merry christmas to everyone! hope to get some advices
I think if you don't mind private rates, you can search the forum and ask your friends for recommendation. Public hospital like nuh an kkh also offer private rates.
If you prefer to go under subside rate, there are a few ways to go about and quite complicated I think. For KKH case, if you call in directly, and don't specify that you want to be under their private suite they will put you under B(?) class patient which is slightly cheaper, you still get to choose your gynae but ultrasound etc is being done by the sonographer. The queue can be quite long too. If you want to get even more subsidies then u need referral from polyclinic and when you make the appointment you cannot chose your gynae, instead a team of doctors will be assigned to you depending on their availability.
Personally I feel that if money is not a concern, it's better to go private. Just that if there are any complications later on, you cannot downgrade as subsidy patient.

Good morning mummies.

Can add me to the group as well pls? Is it a secret group? My email is [email protected]

I just tested +ve a few days ago. Not sure how far along I am tho. :)
And I haven't went to see the gyne. Haven't decide on which gyne I should use too as my previous one, although I love her alot... but she's very expensive.

Hi ...an update..I called my previous gynae and they asked me down immediately to do blood test and gave me pregnancy support pills. Blood test is good, support pills for just in case. Scan will be 7jan. All these actions made me more assured.
So I guess I will just drop Dr Tham. Couldn't get assurance from his clinic at all!

Hi ...an update..I called my previous gynae and they asked me down immediately to do blood test and gave me pregnancy support pills. Blood test is good, support pills for just in case. Scan will be 7jan. All these actions made me more assured.
So I guess I will just drop Dr Tham. Couldn't get assurance from his clinic at all!
Dr Tham's nurses arent the most assuring, even though he may good.

Take care!

Good morning mummies.

Can add me to the group as well pls? Is it a secret group? My email is [email protected]

I just tested +ve a few days ago. Not sure how far along I am tho. :)
And I haven't went to see the gyne. Haven't decide on which gyne I should use too as my previous one, although I love her alot... but she's very expensive.
yes secret group.
invited

I'm glad you chose what you feel is good. Most importantly is you feel much secured now :)

Hello babes.. I found out on Christmas about our brand new lilfriend arriving end Aug. Mega excited as it's our first pregancy. Its probably too early for me to have any symptoms but nice to meet you guys.

P.s pls add me into the fb secret group. radicals11(at)hotmail.com

Have the happiest of new years in 2016 :)

Hello babes.. I found out on Christmas about our brand new lilfriend arriving end Aug. Mega excited as it's our first pregancy. Its probably too early for me to have any symptoms but nice to meet you guys.

Congrats! So exciting and joyous to find out on Christmas :D

invited

Hi All! It's my first time to this forum, my baby is coming Aug 2016 too! please add me stripeychair(at)gmail.com to the secret group. It's so difficult to keep this a secret and i'm glad I found this website!!

Back