2016/07 July babies

Ladies, which diaper brand is recommended for newborn ?
I liked Pampers and Mamypoko NB as they are really soft. The hospital gave Pampers upon discharge also. But babies poo so much at that age (abt 8-10 changes per day):eek: and I find these two brands are relatively more ex. Tried Goon before, it leaked. Don't know if my baby was too small or the fitting was not as snug. Anyone tried Drypers NB before?

Ladies, which diaper brand is recommended for newborn ?

Hello, i tried many many brands, but eventually my bb backside too sensitive and got to use either pamper, huggies or merries. So whichever of these 03 x brand give the fattest discount, i will buy and stock up.

Thanks ladies for your advise I almost wanna buy goon as I heard goon won't cause rashes, luckily I haven't buy.. Should I get one carton since one day can use up to 8-10 pcs? usually new born diapers can wear till baby which month? Hmm any mummies here have try jeju wet wipe ? Don't mind can share your feedback ?

Thanks ladies for your advise I almost wanna buy goon as I heard goon won't cause rashes, luckily I haven't buy.. Should I get one carton since one day can use up to 8-10 pcs? usually new born diapers can wear till baby which month? Hmm any mummies here have try jeju wet wipe ? Don't mind can share your feedback ?

Suggest u don't buy first. Diapers make a very practical gift, so people like to give that: ) as for how long NB can last, it really depends on how big your bb is at birth. Mine were both 2.6 kg at birth, so they were in NB for quite some time as it was so huge on them! We should be discharging with the leftover pack of NB, so u should have enough for 2-3 days, what u need thereafter u can either order thereafter. But generally don't stock up on NB, ur baby may outgrow them faster than u expect.

To add on to Goon, it could just hv been my experience, u may want to consider trying before u come to a verdict. I do know of friends who really liked Goon, though there are also some who shared similar views with me. It really depends i think.

Hello, each baby buttock sensitive level is different de. Some lucky parent whose bb buttock even house brand diaper use le also ok. my suggestion is to buy 1 small pack of each brand that you think is trustworthy to try try on your bb, the cheapest one that does not cause any rash should be the one that you are going for.

Usually the more expensive one tends to give lesser problem, but then again, if a parent use a very expensive diaper but never change the diaper promptly after the bb poo poo, there is still a good chance of nappy rash too.

Happy exploring.

For my 1st baby, the hospital gave us huggies. But I feel that it's sizing is too big so we change to mamy poko.
As he grows older, we change to pampers till now.
We tried merries and goon on him but it just doesn't suit him. Pampers is so far the best for him.
So it really depends on the baby.
Hope this helps.

I tried merries, goon, pampers, huggies n mammy poko. So far all is Gd expect huggies gave my LO the worst diaper rashes until I have to bring to PD. Merries n goon thin n cutting is big. Pamper can absorbs well. Huggies l used when my LO is abt 1yrs old can sleep thru the night but will always leak. Now 30mths using mammy poko pull up n tape type. Please don't buy mammy poko standard one yellow packing, very plastic n hot.

All these diapers talk... So many choices. I think it's really a trial and error for different babies.

Do you mummies eat more at second trime now? I'm still eating the same like pre preg. Do we need to eat a bit more? (Not that I'm controlling how much I input but i just don't feel hungry enough like what other mummies may be feeling).

Thanks ladies sharing your experience with the diapers. I have shortlisted few brands to try outoh ya how many milk bottles should I get? I saw avent got a new born starter set with 2 small 2 medium, should I get it?

Thanks ladies sharing your experience with the diapers. I have shortlisted few brands to try outoh ya how many milk bottles should I get? I saw avent got a new born starter set with 2 small 2 medium, should I get it?
I prefer avent gold series. New born one is the classic bottle. Not too sure whether they change anot? The old model have a extra ring one. If forgotten to put the ring will leak

Hello, keep the medium size bottle until your bb is drinking more. The smaller bottle is easier to wash, manage and take up less space. I like to reccommend to have 4 small bottle, any brand/model that you prefers.

All these diapers talk... So many choices. I think it's really a trial and error for different babies.

Do you mummies eat more at second trime now? I'm still eating the same like pre preg. Do we need to eat a bit more? (Not that I'm controlling how much I input but i just don't feel hungry enough like what other mummies may be feeling).
I can eat more now than the miserable few spoonfuls i could put away when MS was around. But i do find that though i enjoy eating, my tummy doesn't really allow me to eat more as it makes me feel bloated if i do. So I'm still eating less than before pregnancy.
I feel quantity of the food we eat is not as important as the quality. I still take junk foods like fries, chips occasionally and pearl tea (very frequently! Oops!!), but for main meals i take brown rice and quinoa instead of white where possible, more black beans, kidney beans etc, iron-rich foods like spinach, red meat. Also eating avocados quite a lot, yum!! Also making an effort to eat less processed meats like luncheon meat and sausages. Hope it's good enough. Am so looking forward to the day when i can truly enjoy a buffet! 4 more months to go for us! :)

No more evening sickness so I can eat normal like pre pregnant, never try to eat for more. Recently people around me notice my foot look like swollen but I don't feel any pain. My colleague told me should be due to water retention. I still can walk very fast but don't know why my foot look like swollen. Haha

Hi, im a 2 time mummy n my edd will be on 25 jul 2016. Wishes to be added in both fb n whatsapp group. :) so my mini m will have frens

I also helped my gf buy at Bkk back then. I think she is traveling to Bkk soon so this time she will help me buy. She did say she couldn't find in SG.

I also feel that the cheapest and doesn't cause diaper rash diaper is the best.. Coz they really change a lot coz they tend to poo a little at a time. I'm using Huggies and momy poko. Din try goon coz heard its exp.
For milk bottle I think 2 big n 2 small juz nice. They can last u till they r 3 years old. Juz need to change the teat.
I'm looking forward to my next scan this week and hopefully bb grow well and my weight doesn't increase a lot.

My scan at 23weeks+ is this Friday. I only dread the GD test that's gonna happen at every visit. Other than that, I look forward to seeing what the fellow is up to inside.

Yea agreed with u, reasonable price and less chances to get diaper rash. After getting so many useful feedback from all the ladies here. I plan to try out mamy poko new born ultra dry. Seems like this brand lesser chance to get diaper rashes with reasonable price. If my bb butt really sensitive then will go for merries, that's my plan for now :) I got the bundle set from avent at taka baby fair come with 3in1 sterilizer, warmer, 2 small 2 medium natural bottle, 2 pacifier and free nursing shawl , newborn baby clothes and 3 swaddle wrap cost $180.

Yea looking forwards to see gynae, on my last visit at weeks 22, my gynae said my baby tummy very big, is equivalent to the size weeks 24 baby tummy. I didn't really eat a lot but don't know why my baby tummy grow so big haha.

My scan at 23weeks+ is this Friday. I only dread the GD test that's gonna happen at every visit. Other than that, I look forward to seeing what the fellow is up to inside.
Redvel u need to drink the sweet drink every week? I m doing mine next wed.....

Redvel u need to drink the sweet drink every week? I m doing mine next wed.....
Not the sweet drink but the other one where doc monitors my level at every 3-week visit. Just need to eat at 12nn. Finish within 15mins. Then at 2pm prick my finger at his clinic.

Enjoy your sweet Sprite without gas :p

Yes. Whoever invented that drink should be shot. I just done my test on Tues. Waiting for results now. Hopefully its all clear.

I only do the pee on stick test to see if my glucose level is high. I didn't take the sweet drink test. Think my gynae save money for me.. Haha.
I realise a lot of preggy woman ard me. My neighbour, sis in law and the lady working next to my office juz popped. Wow seems like monkey also popular year for babies

Hi all just to check....My last confinement was many years bk at in laws place so couldn't rmb the details... For those who did confinement not too long ago....what are some cooking ware etc that the cl used? Only 3 members living in my house so my cook ware is quite simple n not too big.Wanted to get thermal pot bt not sure what size if confinement only cook soup for me. Do u think clay pots are needed? Mini cooker I have a small one, big one kept aside for v long not sure if it's still working, or maybe should get a medium one. Or anything else needed beside thermal flask for keeping red dates tea? Thabks

So far i've not done the sweet drink test. Just the pee stick. My fear is when they draw blood again, for testing what i can't rem, HIV or thereabouts. Has anyone been pricked for it yet? I need to be mentally prepared, phobia of syringes :(
When do we do the Strep B test?

Not the sweet drink but the other one where doc monitors my level at every 3-week visit. Just need to eat at 12nn. Finish within 15mins. Then at 2pm prick my finger at his clinic.

Enjoy your sweet Sprite without gas :p
Hope I really enjoy!! Hahaha

Just back from a work trip to kl....1 day trip...super tired now

Tuna what is strep B test?

I have started bird nest once a week or two weeks since 2nd trime. My mil cooks it.

Tuna what is strep B test?

I have started bird nest once a week or two weeks since 2nd trime. My mil cooks it.
@redvel - That's another of those vague memories i have from my previous. It's a test (think it's a swab test, bit like pap smear, but I'm not sure. Hope it is not a blood test!) that gynae will do to check for the presence of the Strep B bacteria. If have, think we'll be put on antibiotics as it will cause problems for the baby if passed to baby during delivery.
Anyone can verify this? I really can't remember much.

Me also taking bird's nest once in a while.

Gan1972,l0v3s & redvel: where u gals bought the birdsnet from I'm considering buying from ztp or hock Hua. But scared buy a fake one. coz i saw their birdsnet like very white in color. u think is safe to buy from them?

Gan1972,l0v3s & redvel: where u gals bought the birdsnet from I'm considering buying from ztp or hock Hua. But scared buy a fake one. coz i saw their birdsnet like very white in color. u think is safe to buy from them?
I have a few sources that my mil and my relatives bought for me but I've not seen them uncooked :p. But I know my mil prefers those that's not processed. It's very "dirty" and she takes pain to removing every bits of the black black things. I feel those you mentioned should be very reliable to get from.

Baby is doing fine at doc's visit. I've gained 1.7kg since 3 weeks ago! But I don't feel the weight showing on me and doc measured bb at 998g today. I can't believe it (I admit I'm doubting gynae's machine). How can bb be so heavy at 23weeks? At 20weeks, she was only 300ish. Any mummies at 23weeks I can make reference with?

Last edited:
Think hock hua n ztp are reputable. But understand bird nest from hock hua are 屋燕 but to me no difference from 洞燕

Hello, want to check with you all...my wife has low placenta and she admitted to hospital one night and now return to home bed rest for a month. Since our gyane only delivers at mount a, my wife only can admitted to mount a and if (touch wood) she required to stay in hospital for one month, i think we can't afford that...

i did ask the nurse at gynae clinic if we can admit to kk? we were told that gynae is not allowed to go there...

what if we only go kk or nuh if required to stay in hospital for longer time and go back to gynae for delivery whe the due come... or if my wife really needs to stay in hospital until delivery, can we switch gyane from nuh at last min?

Baby is doing fine at doc's visit. I've gained 1.7kg since 3 weeks ago! But I don't feel the weight showing on me and doc measured bb at 998g today. I can't believe it (I admit I'm doubting gynae's machine). How can bb be so heavy at 23weeks? At 20weeks, she was only 300ish. Any mummies at 23weeks I can make reference with?
Mine is between 23.5 to 24 weeks and weighed 578gm yesterday.

My doctor A/Prof Han HC he didn't refer to the machine. He just use his hand to feel my tummy and tell me my baby estimated weight.

Hello, want to check with you all...my wife has low placenta and she admitted to hospital one night and now return to home bed rest for a month. Since our gyane only delivers at mount a, my wife only can admitted to mount a and if (touch wood) she required to stay in hospital for one month, i think we can't afford that...

i did ask the nurse at gynae clinic if we can admit to kk? we were told that gynae is not allowed to go there...

what if we only go kk or nuh if required to stay in hospital for longer time and go back to gynae for delivery whe the due come... or if my wife really needs to stay in hospital until delivery, can we switch gyane from nuh at last min?

Hello, i believe you will be able to switch last minute. Unlikely they will turn you away. I mean if any ladies show up at KKH 24hr clinic OR NUH emergency room with water bag that has burst, i am sure they will find a gynac within the hospital to assist your wife to give birth.

Next question to ask is whether can you find a gynac within kkh & nuh that your wife trust and also equally competent as your current gynac to do the permanent switch immediately, this might be a smoother transition just in case the need to stay 1 mth in hospital situation occurs again.

all the best

Back