2016/07 July babies

I Guess I am lucky. My Mum does this for KWL jr on a daily basis :

- read story book
- play soft toy
- listen to music, singalong session
- let her slam piano
- pro breast feeding (won't feed fm on the sly)

And now gonna do BLW

How come little tuna doesn't flip those flaps?? She yanks them out! My other Spot book has its flaps barely hanging on. Jin chor lor.
Lol bubbles tries but I tell her cannot be so chorlor or else book spoil....I tell u, since becoming a mother, my hubby say he shocked at how mild mannered I have become, never thought possible....Lol

She still will try esp for the rug/turtle page..Very qiguai de. Like somehow some things will super offend her..Her fave is the bear/door, she like to fiddle left right with her "chopsticks" fingers lol

Just to share on the topic of flashcards:

I asked my sil if she found flash cards useful, as her son (now 8) is linguistically ahead of his peers and I recalled that she had used them to teach him for a period of time. She said she realized it wasn't helping much, and explained that the schools these days prefer other methods to involve open ended, conversational and critical thinking questions with no "correct" answers. These rely heavily on context, which flashcards do not provide.

I then came across this on my fb within the same week:

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/cdn...s-how-children-learn?client=ms-android-xiaomi

Mine had running nose and won't nap for more than 1hrs. Sometimes 30 mins sometimes 45mins.. I dunno why like that too. I'm a sleepy mummy and love to sleep. Luckily only wake up twice in a night
Runny nose = airway blocked. Try lift up the head while sleeping like putting a pillow.

My gal and some of the school babies are having runny nose frenzy. Have been applying Vicks balm on her chest, front n back, and back of ears when home.

a0e434976380249004ee796fc6fa8522.jpg

Wanna get this!

Is it useful? I like the idea that at least it's cleaner for her, when using public seats. I myself don't like to hold trolley handles!

a0e434976380249004ee796fc6fa8522.jpg

Wanna get this!

Is it useful? I like the idea that at least it's cleaner for her, when using public seats. I myself don't like to hold trolley handles!
Wah I also feel like getting, but no car, v scared of extra barang2....Also hate touching supermarket trolley bars...

Can we give baby soursop ? I cannot any info on google leh
Sour stuff I think skip till after 8mth. This is recommended for citrus fruits and berries too. Cos bb mouth and gut lining still sensitive and might come off or got rash around mouth/itchy.

If unsure, better to delay I feel. I learn lesson the hard way

Reactions: emk
Emk jr likes to pull on sofa, baby cot and tv console and stand with no assist from us, is this a milestone ? Yesterday morning he wake up, pull on the side of baby cot and stand then scream at me, I open my eyes and got shock! He laugh and shake his whole body .. cheeky boy

Hello. Where's everybody ?:)

Random useless fact : my mense has returned today.

Emk that's a milestone of course. Past week my gal has also done new little things. As for pulling up herself to stand, can see she is attempting but not there yet. Loves standing now rather than sit/carried.

Anyone fixed bed fence? I look at some pics they look so huge.

Hello. Where's everybody ?:)

Random useless fact : my mense has returned today.

Emk that's a milestone of course. Past week my gal has also done new little things. As for pulling up herself to stand, can see she is attempting but not there yet. Loves standing now rather than sit/carried.

Anyone fixed bed fence? I look at some pics they look so huge.

Busy with BLW haha.

Emk jr confirm milestone cos mine doesn't know how to!

Oh no... another one with Menses!

So far what does KWL jr. like?

Oh I let her tried the pork shabu (bought more quality one some more) but one taste she hates it. Flung everything out of her table lol.

Haha ya very pai kua the fence. But for safety sake leh. Can't move the bed frame away (to change to floor mattress) as it's a storage bed. The storage space is a godsend as we can keep many things there in our limited space at inlaws.

However I think there's still a gap right? Baby's limbs can still slip between into the hole.

Last edited:

Oh I let her tried the pork shabu (bought more quality one some more) but one taste she hates it. Flung everything out of her table lol.

Haha ya very pai kua the fence. But for safety sake leh. Can't move the bed frame away (to change to floor mattress) as it's a storage bed. The storage space is a godsend as we can keep many things there in our limited space at inlaws.

However I think there's still a gap right? Baby's limbs can still slip between into the hole.
Re: gap, got mummy report her bb 2 nights in a row roll into the gap and trapped in motn, she also putting mattress on the floor le

I also storage bed, jin headache ley this rolling thing. Bubbles not showing any inclination to crawl anymore, she just roll towards general direction of what she wants to get

@emk - woah! Clap clap! Soon he'll be cruising.

@snowfern - I know of some babies who just skip the crawling stage. Straightaway advance to standing and cruising.

Little tuna starting to crawl, but backwards. She gets very pek chek when she realises she's moving further from where she wants to go instead of towards it.

@redvel - your baby doesn't sleep in the cot liao? How come you need bed fence?

@snowfern - I know of some babies who just skip the crawling stage. Straightaway advance to standing and cruising.

Little tuna starting to crawl, but backwards. She gets very pek chek when she realises she's moving further from where she wants to go instead of towards it.

Ya my hubby and his sis both skipped, and I know crawling is not a milestone, but cannot expect me to keep hoisting her into seated position also right? She has to learn this on her own??

On meat: I read that the reason people delay meat to 8mth and above is cos it is considered strong tasting, and bb tends to reject strong tasting foods as it can be overwhelming, recommended protein at this stage to come from chicken, fish, tofu and veg.

But hor. Bubbles take after her father. Like strong tasting foods. I even gave her stir fried beef last week, at first she eye it suspiciously cos is dark coloured, but after I ate one slice demo to her, she try liow.....爱不释手

But won't give again till older, she that night like a bit high and manic a lot of energy, dunwan sleep

Wow emk I think yours is the fastest among all of us leh... can stand with unassisted is definitely one of the milestones.
Mine has 2 teeth sprouting out.. and crawl backwards too.. I think she is learning herself on crawling forward. Can see that her backside is pouting and she is trying to put one of her thighs forward. She loves to stand too and will cry when I put her lying on her back.
As for food, I failed on porridge again. Think will try again in a months time. Now still butternut squash.
Redvel: cool man... menses back = have chance for 2nd one! Jia you!

Nice, so happy that he reach one of the milestone :)
@verluv I was told a baby is either fast in physical or speech, I guess emk jr is focus more on his physical development than speech. Many aunties comments that he got strong legs and arm during cny visiting, maybe this make him faster in physical.
@ tuna woah it's will be nice to see him cruising around the house..

On meat: I read that the reason people delay meat to 8mth and above is cos it is considered strong tasting, and bb tends to reject strong tasting foods as it can be overwhelming, recommended protein at this stage to come from chicken, fish, tofu and veg.

But hor. Bubbles take after her father. Like strong tasting foods. I even gave her stir fried beef last week, at first she eye it suspiciously cos is dark coloured, but after I ate one slice demo to her, she try liow.....爱不释手

But won't give again till older, she that night like a bit high and manic a lot of energy, dunwan sleep

Haha maybe she takes after me and not hubby. I'm hardly a meat person.

So does bubs actually manage to swallow some meat?

My gal officially calls Mama first (and not Papa :p). Since few days she has been calling mamamamamamam! sounds like music. Actually she has been making more vocabs lately.

Any babies here going through this now?

Last edited:
Wow emk I think yours is the fastest among all of us leh... can stand with unassisted is definitely one of the milestones.
Mine has 2 teeth sprouting out.. and crawl backwards too.. I think she is learning herself on crawling forward. Can see that her backside is pouting and she is trying to put one of her thighs forward. She loves to stand too and will cry when I put her lying on her back.
As for food, I failed on porridge again. Think will try again in a months time. Now still butternut squash.
Redvel: cool man... menses back = have chance for 2nd one! Jia you!

Mine two bottom teeth also out liao. Drooling like mad.
She gave up on crawling. Mostly just clockwise or anti clockwise movement.

I don't think she is patient with eating. Eat few mins cries for help already. I asked my sis on her BLW experience with her twins. She says on good days they can sit down half hr enjoying the food. Mine can sit 5mins is super good already (BLW or spoon fed).

Just now took out those kept pads and blew away the dust. Lol. Told hubby and he looked at our gal and asked her are you ready for a didi or meimei.

My hubby wants her to sleep in her own room. He thinks it's time we have our own space during rest. But the other room is now my sil/bil room. They are moving out soon (we all now live together with my inlaws) but leaving their masterbed behind. So the fence is for that. We also think the cot is getting too small for her especially with the bumper thickness. She can drift to sleep on her own but she needs space to roll and roll before falling asleep. Many times put in cot few mins she cries because she pushes herself around and sure kerna stuck at weird position. So big bed she can roll until shiok shiok and sleep.

But then now I'm worried about the gaps with the fence!

KWL jr only likes avocado, sugar prunes and nectarine. Hahaha.

Hates pumpkin, asparagus, dragonfruit and sweet potatoes.

Maybe still early days and doesn't know how to handle those textures.

I seek @snowfern's advice on BLW experience almost Everyday. Bubbles had been very successful I feel.

Mine is like yours @redvel. She uses 5-10mins to give a verdict if she likes or hates the food. Won't eat any longer than that.

The part that I always look forward to is to explore her poop and see what I can find. The first BLW poop diaper has got avocado skin hahahahaha!

Finally back from the Hong Kong trip! Caught off guard by the dipped in temperature! :confused:

Happy to read so many milestones and growing up process from all you mummies! *YEAH!*

I think Ian is going through yet another teething stage, his top 2 teeth pop out liao but now he kept drooling and he will 磨牙 also. Normal? He's so young how come will rub teeth one leh? o_O

Baby Ian maybe has to wear teeth guard when sleeping hahaha. I also first time hear baby grind teeth. Wow so fast top teeth also sprouting?is he still biting during latch?

Talking about bibs. So far I didn't come across like really good ones until a friend gifted me recently this mum2mum (.com) ones. Bandana style. I wished I knew about this earlier. So good lor. Super absorbent and the design cups her Chin/neck nicely that catches every drool. Wanna buy more but so expensive... she has been surviving on one piece hahaha. Used then quickly washed for next use.

Baby Ian maybe has to wear teeth guard when sleeping hahaha. I also first time hear baby grind teeth. Wow so fast top teeth also sprouting?is he still biting during latch?

Talking about bibs. So far I didn't come across like really good ones until a friend gifted me recently this mum2mum (.com) ones. Bandana style. I wished I knew about this earlier. So good lor. Super absorbent and the design cups her Chin/neck nicely that catches every drool. Wanna buy more but so expensive... she has been surviving on one piece hahaha. Used then quickly washed for next use.

He still bites!! OMG! So I'm back to being a full EP mum again.

The top 2 teeth came out, but not fully. So I thought the teething phase is over, at least for now. But recently he kept scratching his ears and head again. So is it another teeth coming out? :eek:

Haha I bought this from last mothercare sales, no design , too plain Liao

My hubby wants her to sleep in her own room. He thinks it's time we have our own space during rest. But the other room is now my sil/bil room. They are moving out soon (we all now live together with my inlaws) but leaving their masterbed behind. So the fence is for that. We also think the cot is getting too small for her especially with the bumper thickness. She can drift to sleep on her own but she needs space to roll and roll before falling asleep. Many times put in cot few mins she cries because she pushes herself around and sure kerna stuck at weird position. So big bed she can roll until shiok shiok and sleep.

But then now I'm worried about the gaps with the fence!
Not sure which guards u are looking at, but I have seen those that requires the base piece to be slotted under mattress, shouldnt hv gap, I cant remember where I've seen them though, maybe Kiddy Palace. Is it the same? It basically looks like a goal post, just that it's a right-angled piece.

My gal officially calls Mama first (and not Papa :p). Since few days she has been calling mamamamamamam! sounds like music. Actually she has been making more vocabs lately.

Any babies here going through this now?
Mine called papapapapa first. Then ventured on to dadi (sounds like daddy which is what #1 and #2 calls hub) after some time. Recently started calling deh deh deh deh (maybe calling her sisters, or just random rambling). Only these few days started calling mamamamamama, and only when very upset, usually because need me to carry. I tell my hub and older kids she is calling the most important one last, just like how VIPs always arrive last. Lol! 自我安慰。

How fast time flies. Soon our bb will be one!!! Anyone planning anything grand??

Bubbles has been keeping pretty much same pace babbling wise as Tuna Jr, except she call for me more and more, not just for comfort..My suspicion is she thinks Mom mom is the word for milk, lately latch time she will cry and mom mom for me...Ba ba she will call and pull her father's arm in the mornings to try and wake him (prolly to go gaigai haha!)

She's also got like random shouty words, mimicking me on occasion - just the other day I had been singing "twinkle twinkle little star" all morn to her and come afternoon, when I started the hand action, she blurted out loudly LITTLE TA lol. And while out yesterday she was waving and shouting HEH-WO to random people on the train, and kicking passengers sitting next to us to get their attention. Jin paiseh, i kept saying sorry...

But yeah, really looking forward to her first words. Guess it's true about either physical or language, one or the other advancing first? No sign of crawling except for the occasional butt thrust in the air ....

Anyone signing to bb already? Bb signing back?

How fast time flies. Soon our bb will be one!!! Anyone planning anything grand??

Bubbles has been keeping pretty much same pace babbling wise as Tuna Jr, except she call for me more and more, not just for comfort..My suspicion is she thinks Mom mom is the word for milk, lately latch time she will cry and mom mom for me...Ba ba she will call and pull her father's arm in the mornings to try and wake him (prolly to go gaigai haha!)

She's also got like random shouty words, mimicking me on occasion - just the other day I had been singing "twinkle twinkle little star" all morn to her and come afternoon, when I started the hand action, she blurted out loudly LITTLE TA lol. And while out yesterday she was waving and shouting HEH-WO to random people on the train, and kicking passengers sitting next to us to get their attention. Jin paiseh, i kept saying sorry...

But yeah, really looking forward to her first words. Guess it's true about either physical or language, one or the other advancing first? No sign of crawling except for the occasional butt thrust in the air ....

Anyone signing to bb already? Bb signing back?
Bubbles is no pushover! And I can see her outtalking even teachers in school, hard to bully her one. Subtle is not a word that can be used on her for sure, lol! Shouting HEH-WO jin cute!!
I gave up on plans to sign liao, because she seemed to be able to communicate her needs (some la) in her own way. Like too warm she'll pull at top and arch back, hungry she'll shout nen nen, sleepy she'll rub eyes, so I didn't bother liao. Have you started?

@KWL - we can enjoy the bo geh period slightly longer. Actually I really like the toothless grins, and with @sarah and @emk getting bitten so often, I appreciate the bo-gehness even more liao.
She likes to rub her gums on my shoulder while going "Ahhhhh" and moving head right and left, like playing the harmonica. Gums itchy maybe.

Bubbles is no pushover! And I can see her outtalking even teachers in school, hard to bully her one. Subtle is not a word that can be used on her for sure, lol! Shouting HEH-WO jin cute!!
I gave up on plans to sign liao, because she seemed to be able to communicate her needs (some la) in her own way. Like too warm she'll pull at top and arch back, hungry she'll shout nen nen, sleepy she'll rub eyes, so I didn't bother liao. Have you started?
I thought of teaching her to sign cos my friend found it useful with her son, who only started talking at 2.

But bubbles is pretty easy to read as well, just like Tuna Jr, she kicks off blanket and pulls off her footies when hot, her grumbles are distinctly different for different urgencies, mummum for milk, maa for when she wants mummy to sayang her from night terrors (sometimes hard to tell between the two, but basically still me luh) and she has started gesturing a bit liow. Like indicating when she wants water by reaching for her cup, done with food by leaning back and not exploring further, jerking back when she wants her own way of doing things during mealtime. Arms raised, leaning in for baobao...grabbing my hair or cheeks to pull me in for a kiss.

With all these, I thought maybe it's time to start signing, but as you've highlighted, if they're able to communicate in their own way then it's not necessary le. Ok la. I think I shall skip it too, I'm not that hardworking also lol

@KWL - we can enjoy the bo geh period slightly longer. Actually I really like the toothless grins, and with @sarah and @emk getting bitten so often, I appreciate the bo-gehness even more liao.
She likes to rub her gums on my shoulder while going "Ahhhhh" and moving head right and left, like playing the harmonica. Gums itchy maybe.
Lol playing harmonica is a perfect description for that wahwahwah game she likes to play on my hand!!! Except without gums cos I don't let her!!! Lol

And ya. I'm not in a hurry to see her teeth *crosses arms defensively in front of chest*

I thought of teaching her to sign cos my friend found it useful with her son, who only started talking at 2.

But bubbles is pretty easy to read as well, just like Tuna Jr, she kicks off blanket and pulls off her footies when hot, her grumbles are distinctly different for different urgencies, mummum for milk, maa for when she wants mummy to sayang her from night terrors (sometimes hard to tell between the two, but basically still me luh) and she has started gesturing a bit liow. Like indicating when she wants water by reaching for her cup, done with food by leaning back and not exploring further, jerking back when she wants her own way of doing things during mealtime. Arms raised, leaning in for baobao...grabbing my hair or cheeks to pull me in for a kiss.

With all these, I thought maybe it's time to start signing, but as you've highlighted, if they're able to communicate in their own way then it's not necessary le. Ok la. I think I shall skip it too, I'm not that hardworking also lol
That's what her jerking back means?
I've seen bubbles do that several times in your videos. 有性格!

Back