(2015) God's Plan for Pregnancy Support Group

Hi twinklelight,

Thanks for sharing! Indeed I have try asking church leader to pray for me and I also pray for myself. I have always praying for the same problem. And now it is still the same. I know I need to persevere and wait but I don't know wait how long for the breakthrough. Unfortunately, my cell group support isn't strong, so I lack of those kind of cell group support.

I was singing this song with my worship team during song practice yesterday. Was thinking of our members in this SMH thread.. :)

Healer by Kari Jobe (Acoustic)

Song Lyrics
You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
And heal all my disease

I trust in You
I trust in You

(Chorus)
I believe Youre my healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe Lord

I believe Youre my portion
I believe Youre more than enough for me
Jesus Youre all I need
My healer

For nothing is impossible for You
Nothing is impossible
Nothing is impossible for You
You hold my world in Your hands

I was watching Channel 8's The Joy Truck when I was having dinner at my mother's place. This week's documentary is focused on the story of a 2 year old little girl who has brittle bone disease. There is an article that can be found at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/entertainment/rui-en-learns-life/1402064.html

Some of us have been thru' the journey of waiting for God's answer to our prayers to conceive. And some of us are going thru' the anxiety of whether the oscar tests and detailed scan results will turn out alright. Marriage and parenthood are never smooth sailing.. But God is with us always..

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (1 Thess 5:16-18) ... reminds me to constantly keep everything in prayer..

Last edited:
A few days ago, I went for detailed scan appt and the sonographer checked the gender of my bb. Since I become pregnant, both my parents and in-laws did not brought up the issue on whether my bb will be a boy or gal. I don't really believe in old wives' tales and the "so called " prediction turned out to be otherwise.. When my hb & i decided to announce the gender of my bb, the first two words that my in-law said was " I thought..." and said I can try again for my second baby next time. I didn't feel much until I reach home and I can't help thinking about the words and the meaning of the words that she was saying (which was meant to be unintentional). Before I know the gender of my bb, I always joked that the old wives' tales would only turn out to be 50% true. If I can conceive my second bb again, I would not want to talk about the old wives' tales even it is meant to be a light-hearted discussion. It somehow affected my reaction when the gender was revealed during the scan.

I felt blessed after reading the stories from the following link. Praying that God will reveal the special purpose God has for our children in our lives :)
http://community.babycenter.com/pos...hter_and_god_gave_me_another_son_this_is_long

A few days ago, I went for detailed scan appt and the sonographer checked the gender of my bb. Since I become pregnant, both my parents and in-laws did not brought up the issue on whether my bb will be a boy or gal. I don't really believe in old wives' tales and the "so called " prediction turned out to be otherwise.. When my hb & i decided to announce the gender of my bb, the first two words that my in-law said was " I thought..." and said I can try again for my second baby next time. I didn't feel much until I reach home and I can't help thinking about the words and the meaning of the words that she was saying (which was meant to be unintentional). Before I know the gender of my bb, I always joked that the old wives' tales would only turn out to be 50% true. If I can conceive my second bb again, I would not want to talk about the old wives' tales even it is meant to be a light-hearted discussion. It somehow affected my reaction when the gender was revealed during the scan.

I felt blessed after reading the stories from the following link. Praying that God will reveal the special purpose God has for our children in our lives :)
http://community.babycenter.com/pos...hter_and_god_gave_me_another_son_this_is_long
I agree with you:) every babies are unique and there is a purpose for them to be with us:) My first born is boy and I was totally disappointed when I Thot it was a girl and I want baby girl badly, of course I already named her and kept pray over her but it turn out boy. My mum and my grandma was disappointed to coz they want a girl;p And I keep telling myself that second one will be girl. I loveeeee my first born because he is exactly what I pray for:) I really enjoy raising a boy:) and I thank god for my son:) this time round My symptoms of 2nd pregnancy was totally diff with my first born so Im really sure that it's a girl:) and my hubby also hope that it's a girl:) of course this time round we already prepared baby girl name and declare every day:) ...... Turn out it's boy again... Hahahaha but this time I didn't disappointed coz I learn that gender isn't important:) healthy baby is the most important thing and pray that he will be healthy and bring so many blessing to us and many ppl:) can't wait to see him and see my two boys growing together:) and I believe that god choose a gender for us because there is a purpose in every baby:) still.. Can't help myself to hoping for no.3(girl)...

i just bought the book 'Love without Limits' by Nick Vujicic and his wife. In one of the last few chapters, Nick's wife discovered that she was pregnant in 3 mths later after their wedding. Pple have asked them whether to go for some comprehensive medical screening tests to check whether their unborn baby would have any birth defects but the couple put their faith in God and unconditional love for their bb. it's an interesting read from the couple :)

Dear mummies!

I just tested positive so I am so excited I simply cannot sleep.

Great apologies, I read a few of the posts before I text and I could empathise with some or much of it.

The Lord is also most intimate when we are most in need for he is the same god today yesterday and ever more. Hence it's us that has forgotten him or lost sight of him. Yet he always find us back.

I cannot be more appreciative and grateful to be chosen by him. I pray that as we chat in this forum we bring peace and love to each other.

I pray that He blesses the words that I type such that His grace is transcended through them. I pray that I would be of good fellowship.

This pregnancy is a miracle from The Lord, for I asked Him for a gift to seal the freedom he has given him. And to be given a child I am so humbled by his love.

I pray we will enjoy this walk n the upbringing of our children. ;)

Dear mummies!

I just tested positive so I am so excited I simply cannot sleep.

Great apologies, I read a few of the posts before I text and I could empathise with some or much of it.

The Lord is also most intimate when we are most in need for he is the same god today yesterday and ever more. Hence it's us that has forgotten him or lost sight of him. Yet he always find us back.

I cannot be more appreciative and grateful to be chosen by him. I pray that as we chat in this forum we bring peace and love to each other.

I pray that He blesses the words that I type such that His grace is transcended through them. I pray that I would be of good fellowship.

This pregnancy is a miracle from The Lord, for I asked Him for a gift to seal the freedom he has given him. And to be given a child I am so humbled by his love.

I pray we will enjoy this walk n the upbringing of our children. ;)

Amen to that! God is faithful where we are faithless, generous where we are stingy, loving where we are heartless, and forgiving where we are vengeful. May your sense of excitement and awe at His gift of a child to you never fade away. I'm already in my 3rd trimester but I remind myself everyday never to forget my gratitude to Him for this gift.

Kaxin, congrats. Can understand the joy of being tested positive. God have the perfect timing for everything although I might not fully understand and appreciate it. I still remember when I am tested positive, worries just came flooding over me. Reason being is that to me it all seems came too late. It took me a while to accept and giving thanks to God for this blessing.

belovedjisun, to me gender of baby is not #1 important but rather having a healthy baby is my top priority now. God blessed me with a baby girl and really thank him for it. Even if is a boy, it is still a blessing from him.

Hi all mummies, i'm so envious of u all here, having the blessings of God in your tummies right now..haven't come into this thread for awhile cos i still don't belong here..and i'm feeling somewhat emo again today, although i just came back from a holiday trip with my hubby last week..my birthday is coming in 2 weeks time and the year 2015 is coming soon too..and i still haven't got my baby in my arms yet..i've been waiting for it since end 2011 and it's a super tough and long journey that sometimes i wish to give up and end my life thinking that my whole life and future is gone without having a family of my own..i find that i'm increasingly feeling unhappy for each passing year and i seriously dunno what will my future with hubby be like..i find it so hard to trust God year by year....

Hi mummies! I'm new here! So happie to see such christian support group with like-minded mummies!!
Nerida walker's book is awesome :D
I'm now expecting my #2 but didn't even know baby's conception date. Lol as I'm still breastfeeding my #1, he's 10 months old soon.
I'm asking God, "U sure? Tandem nursing? Oh my" lol
But He told me, "if I can bless u, I'm sure U will b enjoying this n benefit lots from this!"

Our Lord is indeed good :) all the time!

Hi the fruitful one, as Ur Nick suggested, U r the fruitful one!! So don't doubt about this!
Did u know that in the bible, when the ladies ask for a child, all of them r fulfilled?
So trust in Him, it's on Ur way :) in His timing!

Anyway.. I'm thinking of setting up a whatsapp support grp instead.. What do u all think? Esp @twinklelight who has set up this page? easier to keep in prayers with the whatsapp grp :)) and we can send supportive jpegs or prayers if feel lead to! :) Lemme know.. I can set up the whatapp grp hehe!

hi @skydreamie, i prefer Fb group instead of whatsapp group at the moment. Would you like to be the admin? As everyone has shared their testimonies etc here, I was thinking it'd be better to invite those who are in this discussion thread to be part of the group?

Anyway.. I'm thinking of setting up a whatsapp support grp instead.. What do u all think? Esp @twinklelight who has set up this page? easier to keep in prayers with the whatsapp grp :)) and we can send supportive jpegs or prayers if feel lead to! :) Lemme know.. I can set up the whatapp grp hehe!

I am currently admin for another Fb group, so would appreciate if I can have one more Fb admin to help if we setup the group :)

hi @skydreamie, i prefer Fb group instead of whatsapp group at the moment. Would you like to be the admin? As everyone has shared their testimonies etc here, I was thinking it'd be better to invite those who are in this discussion thread to be part of the group?

Just a suggestion, you can have both FB and WA, and people can simultaneously chat on both platforms. The January 2015 mummies FB group has an associated whatsapp chat group.

Hi all mummies, i'm so envious of u all here, having the blessings of God in your tummies right now..haven't come into this thread for awhile cos i still don't belong here..and i'm feeling somewhat emo again today, although i just came back from a holiday trip with my hubby last week..my birthday is coming in 2 weeks time and the year 2015 is coming soon too..and i still haven't got my baby in my arms yet..i've been waiting for it since end 2011 and it's a super tough and long journey that sometimes i wish to give up and end my life thinking that my whole life and future is gone without having a family of my own..i find that i'm increasingly feeling unhappy for each passing year and i seriously dunno what will my future with hubby be like..i find it so hard to trust God year by year....

@the_fruitful_one HUGS to you and I understand how you feel as I've been in the same boat. Please don't even think of ending your life as it is precious and belongs to God.

I can understand your struggle to trust God. When my repeated attempts to conceive failed and failed, I too felt my trust and faith in God slipping away, becoming more cynical, bitter and depressed. I cried out to God everyday and asked why He seemingly abandoned me.

Although I find it difficult to write my personal story to share with others like you, I know this is what the Holy Spirit wants me to do. So here I go.

I was trudging along the road of depression and despair until I had a heart-to-heart talk with a childless but godly Christian couple. The background to this is that several well-meaning Christians with good intentions tried to comfort me by saying, "Just continue to have faith and pray, God will surely gift you a baby." However that only resulted in me questioning my faith in God, "If I fail to conceive time and again, does it mean that I don't have enough faith in God? That I'm not praying enough?" These doubts in my relationship with God caused me to be even more depressed with no glimpse of any hope, peace and comfort that the bible says the Prince of Peace would bring to me.

Back to the conversation with the childless but godly couple. They assured me that the sign of great faith is not believing that God will grant me whatever wish I want, even if it's as noble a wish as having a child. Although the bible has stories of faithful women conceiving after earnest prayers, the bible does not offer a blanket universal promise to all Christian women that He will gift them children. This is important and is really unlike the universal promise of salvation and justification that is offered to all believers. My dear sister, the sign of great faith is, while I continue to express my deepest wish and pray for Him to fulfill it, I need to say and believe in words and action, "Not my will, but yours, be done. May I rejoice in being your follower and a recipient of your deep love, Lord, even if you don't grant me my wish". We need to recognize that God is not obliged to give us children because He really does not owe us anything. He will give us children if it is in His sovereign will that we should serve Him as parents. But this path is not for everyone to take. For some Christians, like this godly childless couple, God has decided that they should serve Him in another way, by having spiritual children instead of biological ones, hence they often go to poor nearby countries to serve as missionaries and to sponsor underprivileged children there. God is using them in their childless state mightily and for His glory. If He had given them biological children, their life would probably have gone on a different path and they would be unlikely to have the ability to be spiritual parents to bring the gospel to underprivileged children. We must place God's glory and will above our personal desires, as He knows what's best for us when we don't know ourselves. We may think that having children is the best path for us, but that's not necessarily the case for some of us, and only God knows this.

So after that very enlightening conversation, my depression was miraculously lifted and I was able to rest assured in God's love. In fact, I totally SURRENDERED my will to have a child, to God's greater will for me. I SURRENDERED my hopes, dreams, life and everything into the arms of God. Every day that I'm living and throughout my fertility treatments, I always said to God, "Not my will, but yours, O Lord, be done. Even if my fertility treatments fail and I'll never get a child, I will rejoice in you and love you." It was during this time of total surrender to the Lord that I felt the beautiful peace from God return to me again, and I never felt an ounce of anxiety throughout my fertility treatments. And then God showed me His power by enabling me to finally conceive. I am convinced that God wanted me to have the right attitude to Him before He would grant me the gift of a child. Even now, with the growing baby in my tummy, I know that this child is entirely the work of God and that the child belongs to Him, not to me. I'm only granted the temporary privilege to take care of the child for as long as God decides.

Dear sister, my words may sound harsh to you as I do not want to offer you the possibly false hope that you will most definitely have a child. No one can give you that guarantee of a child or speak on God's behalf that you will have a child, except by God revealing His will for you Himself. But I want you, in your current season of facing your unfulfilled dream and not being sure if God will gift you a child, to continue to have the right attitude in your relationship to God. I want you to continue to experience joy from being a precious child of God, and not to allow your unfulfilled dream to take away the joy that is promised to you. I know this is more difficult said than done, but with God anything is possible. He will not want you to be deprived of the joy that comes with being His child.

Lastly, please don't even think that not having a child means you do not have a family of your own. A biblical family unit consists of husband and wife. You don't need children to form a family. Which is why in Genesis, God says that a man shall leave his parents and join with his wife, and they shall be one flesh. And God declares that this is very GOOD. And this was long before children came into the picture. Just like the godly childless couple I know who are doing powerful work for God as a family unit.

I'd be happy to chat further if you'd like. Just PM me. :)

Last edited:
Just a suggestion, you can have both FB and WA, and people can simultaneously chat on both platforms. The January 2015 mummies FB group has an associated whatsapp chat group.

I dun mind actually :)
If u all want to have the WA grp I can set up too! We can have simultaneous chat and I think WA will benefit for those who need urgent prayers too :)

hi @skydreamie, i've sent a PM to you with my email address. Let me know if you didn't receive.
Due to the sensitivity of possible info that we shared, I suggest that we join the Fb group first (for personal identification and sharing), then we let the members to decide whether to join the WA group. Not nice if some unknown strangers to participate in WA without knowing who is who :)

The group can either be closed or secret group. If the group prefers to have secret permission settings, shall we ask the members here to provide their email address. If we don't want to post our email addresses in the public posting here, we can PM to the Fb group admin?

Facebook grp lets wait for @twinklelight :)
As for WA grp, let's see do we have more people who is keen?

If yes we can start 1! Pls do indicate your interest here :)

hi @skydreamie, i've sent a PM to you with my email address. Let me know if you didn't receive.
Due to the sensitivity of possible info that we shared, I suggest that we join the Fb group first (for personal identification and sharing), then we let the members to decide whether to join the WA group. Not nice if some unknown strangers to participate in WA without knowing who is who :)

The group can either be closed or secret group. If the group prefers to have secret permission settings, shall we ask the members here to provide their email address. If we don't want to post our email addresses in the public posting here, we can PM to the Fb group admin?

Sure I'm ok with this too! Sounds good!
Let's start with Fb closed group first and after that WA Grp :)

I've added U as friend in my Fb :)

Hi all,
I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant.
Going through some tough times and praying that God will heal me and give me strength.
Going to be a young single mom and I hope my choice is a right one.

Sometimes my faith tends to fade away but I'm still believing that god will work miracles in my life

The fruitful one ;) I had the biggest joke, my test kit was faulty!!!! It tested positive then the next day my period came ;)

But it's ok ;)

Sky-dreamie can I stil be in the Fb? Sorry I m now travelling now much wifi.

Let me try to recall ur format
1. Kaxin
2. Royally royal
3. Edd--- still waiting
4. Church of the Accension
5. North

The fruitful one, as I understood the character of our lord more, I began to realise he very faithful and merciful. He never takes away his promise.

He has asked us to be fruitful and multiply; hence we will; especially if your hubby and yourself are both healthy.

Give it a good wait, spend more time with Him while waiting and it will all come to pass.

May I suggest you read a book supernatural child birth?

hi @kaxin , I've sent Fb request to you. Let me know if you didn't receive it.

hi @mommymich and @the_fruitful_one , I've sent PM to invite both of you into our Fb group. I also just uploaded an album of christian books that I find very useful during pre-pregnancy or pregnancy this year. We can further discuss and share in our Fb group if you are interested. Hope to see both of you there. :)

Mummy mich ;)

The Lord is faithful and merciful. He is the same today and ever more.

Being a single mum would be very tough. It would be very scary too.

However The Lord will honour you as you honour him for keeping his child.

Your walk will be less tough as you hang on to him tightly. If it is your experience that brings you to see him face to face, spirit to spirit, praise The Lord for many are invited and few are chosen.

When we confess our sins to him, he is more than willing to forgive a repenting heart and more than willing to bless a broken spirit. I pray you have a personal walk with him that he becomes alive to you ;)

Twinkle light I am in china now... No Fb ;(

So we keep in touch here k ;)

I woke up this morning and read a book by Derek prince... Have anyone of you read his books?

I love his sermons... He is so clear like cS Lewis yet so much easier to read ;)

The fruitful one ;) I had the biggest joke, my test kit was faulty!!!! It tested positive then the next day my period came ;)

But it's ok ;)

Sky-dreamie can I stil be in the Fb? Sorry I m now travelling now much wifi.

Let me try to recall ur format
1. Kaxin
2. Royally royal
3. Edd--- still waiting
4. Church of the Accension
5. North

The fruitful one, as I understood the character of our lord more, I began to realise he very faithful and merciful. He never takes away his promise.

He has asked us to be fruitful and multiply; hence we will; especially if your hubby and yourself are both healthy.

Give it a good wait, spend more time with Him while waiting and it will all come to pass.

May I suggest you read a book supernatural child birth?

Of cos U can! Anybody who's praying for a child, supernaturally, definitely R welcome in our grp!
And we will stand in faith together and pray with U :))

Anyway, let us focus on His love for us instead of what we pray for :)

There was a time I was so focus upon What I was praying for and I forgot about Him... Let's say, I emphasize more of getting my prayer answered rather than focus upon Jesus... Lol. So it was a off-focus for me.... It strucked me after I heard a sermon from my pastor :)

Hi all,
Going through some tough times and praying that God will heal me and give me strength.

Sometimes my faith tends to fade away but I'm still believing that god will work miracles in my life

Definitely not easy for U mommymich, but like what He promised us, "He will never never leave us or forsake us."

In life we make decisions and God who respect our free-will respect our choices. Even though we made mistakes, He lead us through. Nothin caught Him by surprise, this really comfort me :)
We are just like a lamb upon His shoulder, He carried us and walked with us through the valley of shadow of death, and we fear no evil ( Psalm 23)

Continue to use His words to renew your mind and personalise His love for you... We are here to pray together with U and also to lend a listening ears if u need to :) feel free to PM Anyone of us if u need to, I'm sure our sis-in-christs here would be willing to support U in prayers!

To be frank, our faith is wavering, hahaha! Good times our faith is SUPER high, bad times our faith is super low.... Zzzzzz but to build up our faith is to keep on reading His words (which act us a reminder and weapon for us)
Whatever it is, God always come to our lvl of Faith isn't? :)
All we need is just a mustard seed of faith... That's all He asked. U can go google the size of a mustard seed :p

I've done so and hehe, I'm comforted :)

Thanks mummies, it is really comforting to be with a group of mummies with so much faith.

My boyfriend has been pressuring me and threatening to leave me if I don't abort.

To me, this is a miracle baby as I've had 1 abortions before when I 16 and 17. So I never really thought I would be pregnant again.

He even told me "if u can abort twice for u ex, why can't u do it once just for me"

It was really heartbreaking and saddening to hear those words from someone I love, someone who's faith was God was way higher than mine.

Thanks mummies, it is really comforting to be with a group of mummies with so much faith.

My boyfriend has been pressuring me and threatening to leave me if I don't abort.

To me, this is a miracle baby as I've had 1 abortions before when I 16 and 17. So I never really thought I would be pregnant again.

He even told me "if u can abort twice for u ex, why can't u do it once just for me"

It was really heartbreaking and saddening to hear those words from someone I love, someone who's faith was God was way higher than mine.

Mummy mich

Yes it is really heart breaking. And it is also scary to know that someone who seems to love us so much actually loves us only this much. So we all fall short of the Grace of God.

But it is also understanding God better that will allow us to be set free from all the disappointment; yet be able to love his people as we love ourselves. And to also recognise how ugly we are because of sin; how sufficient his grace is.

Is your boy friend still with you?

hi ladies, happened to chance upon this thread. wish I know where can I get e book - God's plan for pregnancy. seems like doesn't have in popular bookstore. or perhaps that store out of stock. may I know where to get inspiration books? I seriously need one or two. thanks in advance

hi ladies, happened to chance upon this thread. wish I know where can I get e book - God's plan for pregnancy. seems like doesn't have in popular bookstore. or perhaps that store out of stock. may I know where to get inspiration books? I seriously need one or two. thanks in advance

Hi @Emily_Emily, the book is available at Mt Zion (Raffles Place / Tampines Century Sq), and Star Vista christian bookstore. You can try Trumpet Praise store. I order books from UK depository website sometimes. Free shipping and the website is able to mail to your post box. Let us know if you'd like to join our Fb group!

Mummy mich

Yes it is really heart breaking. And it is also scary to know that someone who seems to love us so much actually loves us only this much. So we all fall short of the Grace of God.

But it is also understanding God better that will allow us to be set free from all the disappointment; yet be able to love his people as we love ourselves. And to also recognise how ugly we are because of sin; how sufficient his grace is.

Is your boy friend still with you?

I spoke to him yesterday over the phone and it was torturing
I made a firm decision
I told him if he wants to continue being with me, he has to suffer with me
If I choose abortion (of cos I'm just saying) , he has to suffer emotionally. Feel sad because I do. Feel sad when I cry. Mourn with me . Comfort me

If I choose to give birth, he should suffer financially and emotionally with me

Because one day if we are married, is he gonna leave me when I suffer ?

I told him to give me an answer by Christmas or I'll choose and leave him

Sometimes I wonder why God gives me guys that breaks my heart over and over again

I spoke to him yesterday over the phone and it was torturing
I made a firm decision
I told him if he wants to continue being with me, he has to suffer with me
If I choose abortion (of cos I'm just saying) , he has to suffer emotionally. Feel sad because I do. Feel sad when I cry. Mourn with me . Comfort me

If I choose to give birth, he should suffer financially and emotionally with me

Because one day if we are married, is he gonna leave me when I suffer ?

I told him to give me an answer by Christmas or I'll choose and leave him

Sometimes I wonder why God gives me guys that breaks my heart over and over again

hi @mommymich
before i become a christian, i used to encounter guys who have broken my heart when i was in my 20s. i told myself that i must get out of this vicious cycle of hurts.. I was once upset w God at that time, but I realised that God is actually tell me that he has given a few hints to ask me to stay away if it's not meant to be God's will. Recently, my sibling has just adopted a baby after trying for a bb in the past years. My relatives are delighted with my sibling's news and they all went to see the bb during one of the wkends recently. I know that it's a very frustrating and heartbreaking situation, do pray for God's direction in this....

Dear Mummymich, thanks for sharing your circumstances with us. I can sense you are an emotionally strong woman, having gone thru much in life at a young age. Do you need support right now? Pls PM me if u do. Below is a personal sharing from myself, for all and for you. I hope to be able to empathise with you.

I confess I have had the same experience of an abortion when I was in my teens, to me that was the greatest mistake and I wanted nothing to do with the memory of it. The subsequent years which passed only helped me bury this past I refused to face up to. Despite my emotional roller-coaster of a life thereafter, I heeded God's call and tried my best to follow him and indeed He blessed me with the introduction of my husband, a pious God-fearing man, into my life.

Married life is just an extension of one's life, if you have had a rocky relationship, be aware that you need to work extra hard after marriage. Love is a decision and a commitment, to stay together is a choice both parties have to reach together with much much give n take (those married pls raise your hands in unison!). Marriage in the eyes of God is a union of Love and Family, much like Jesus and his 'bride', us- the church. Jesus is our groom, he is our Family, our support.

To mark a strong marriage, we need not have children. Because in our marriage our love is already bearing fruit. If we can show God to one another, the marriage is already a gift. This is just to illustrate a different perspective of the common saying that "Children are truly gifts from God".

But supposing we bear a child out of wedlock, the child is not protected, so to speak, under the strong tent of love and marriage. A single tent peg will make it difficult to hold up a tent. We need a strong partner and looking towards God to hold up the triangular-shaped tent, keeping the Family and children safe. It is not impossible to keep & raise your child by yourself, definitely there have been single women of God who are determined to make their decision right. Just be aware of the decision you are making will involve loads of sacrifice that if you require almost self-sacrificial love. It is the duty of parents to give much of our lives to raise a baby, nurture them and guide them in the right way. As a single mum, the responsibility is even heavier.

Under almost all circumstances, the church is strongly against the action of taking life, as we are going against God's own marvelous act of creation. I sincerely hope you and hopefully your partner can take time this season to sit, pray, wait and discern the Holy Spirit's small soft voice. Whatever decision we make, it is our responsibility to continue to choose love and glorify God in our lives.

Only recently did I manage to calm the skeletons in my closet and did I come to terms with the mistakes in my past. I praise and thank God that He has been gracious to me and my new family (hubby, I and baby-to-be in March), I continue to pray God heals my family of origin (my own family of Dad,Mum & Sis) for some scars have run deep and are hurting us in our relationships, with each other and with God. Still clinging on, Faith is something you can't see, can only pray that God will touch us in His own ways. Amen.

Hi all,

God is with you always in all times - be it good times or bad times. It is usually us (human) who choose to walk away from him instead. God will never leave nor forsake you.

Dear ladies,

We each really have a story to share. It is wonderful to know that The Lord simply just bridge our gaps with Him as the platform.

It's so heart warming to read all these encouragement and up lifting and building at this stage. I pray this thread remains this way. That we always build each other in Christ.

I would like to join the whapsapp group too, just that I haven't figure out how to pm with this app; when I get back next week I will do so ;)

Meanwhile it's a joy to read msg on this thread ;) thank you ladies!

Hiya! U can go www.opentrolley.com.sg and Search Nerida Walker :)

They have it there! I buy a lot of books from there enjoy!

Dear ladies,

We each really have a story to share. It is wonderful to know that The Lord simply just bridge our gaps with Him as the platform.

It's so heart warming to read all these encouragement and up lifting and building at this stage. I pray this thread remains this way. That we always build each other in Christ.

I would like to join the whapsapp group too, just that I haven't figure out how to pm with this app; when I get back next week I will do so ;)

Meanwhile it's a joy to read msg on this thread ;) thank you ladies!

Hello kaxin! We got no WA grp yet but we have a Fb grp! :)
I think u are already inside hehe! Just for the info of other mummies who would love to join our Fb grp, U can PM me or twinklelight!

Dear Mummymich, thanks for sharing your circumstances with us. I can sense you are an emotionally strong woman, having gone thru much in life at a young age. Do you need support right now? Pls PM me if u do. Below is a personal sharing from myself, for all and for you. I hope to be able to empathise with you.

I confess I have had the same experience of an abortion when I was in my teens, to me that was the greatest mistake and I wanted nothing to do with the memory of it. The subsequent years which passed only helped me bury this past I refused to face up to. Despite my emotional roller-coaster of a life thereafter, I heeded God's call and tried my best to follow him and indeed He blessed me with the introduction of my husband, a pious God-fearing man, into my life.

Married life is just an extension of one's life, if you have had a rocky relationship, be aware that you need to work extra hard after marriage. Love is a decision and a commitment, to stay together is a choice both parties have to reach together with much much give n take (those married pls raise your hands in unison!). Marriage in the eyes of God is a union of Love and Family, much like Jesus and his 'bride', us- the church. Jesus is our groom, he is our Family, our support.

To mark a strong marriage, we need not have children. Because in our marriage our love is already bearing fruit. If we can show God to one another, the marriage is already a gift. This is just to illustrate a different perspective of the common saying that "Children are truly gifts from God".

But supposing we bear a child out of wedlock, the child is not protected, so to speak, under the strong tent of love and marriage. A single tent peg will make it difficult to hold up a tent. We need a strong partner and looking towards God to hold up the triangular-shaped tent, keeping the Family and children safe. It is not impossible to keep & raise your child by yourself, definitely there have been single women of God who are determined to make their decision right. Just be aware of the decision you are making will involve loads of sacrifice that if you require almost self-sacrificial love. It is the duty of parents to give much of our lives to raise a baby, nurture them and guide them in the right way. As a single mum, the responsibility is even heavier.

Under almost all circumstances, the church is strongly against the action of taking life, as we are going against God's own marvelous act of creation. I sincerely hope you and hopefully your partner can take time this season to sit, pray, wait and discern the Holy Spirit's small soft voice. Whatever decision we make, it is our responsibility to continue to choose love and glorify God in our lives.

Only recently did I manage to calm the skeletons in my closet and did I come to terms with the mistakes in my past. I praise and thank God that He has been gracious to me and my new family (hubby, I and baby-to-be in March), I continue to pray God heals my family of origin (my own family of Dad,Mum & Sis) for some scars have run deep and are hurting us in our relationships, with each other and with God. Still clinging on, Faith is something you can't see, can only pray that God will touch us in His own ways. Amen.

Amazing sharing :) thanks for ur true sharing of experience with so much courage :)
Indeed marriage is not easy to build upon if it's not build upon solid rock (which is JESUS)
So when additional responsibility (which is the baby) when the hubby is not ready to commit, it may add upon more emotional stress and pain.

So yea... Pray about it mommymich! Whatever decision U made God is with u :) make a decision that gives u the peace in ur heart.
We can't provide U any advices cos eventually U r the one who is going to face the real situations.. However we can support U true support, prayers and listening ears :)))

JESUS is still our wonderfully almighty counsellor! :)

Hi Thank you twinkle light , i have gone to e bookstore but they don sell the book

Hi skydreamie thanks for e web, i will go n have a look

hi @mommymich
before i become a christian, i used to encounter guys who have broken my heart when i was in my 20s. i told myself that i must get out of this vicious cycle of hurts.. I was once upset w God at that time, but I realised that God is actually tell me that he has given a few hints to ask me to stay away if it's not meant to be God's will. Recently, my sibling has just adopted a baby after trying for a bb in the past years. My relatives are delighted with my sibling's news and they all went to see the bb during one of the wkends recently. I know that it's a very frustrating and heartbreaking situation, do pray for God's direction in this....
adoption did come into my mind before... but i just want to believe and try a few more years. I have read that it is not easy to adopt too. :( a lot of emotion crisis to go thru with :(

Back