(2015/6) June 2015 Mummies

Finally decided to join this forum.. was hesitating as had 2 MC last year.. but thought I need some support during this period when im always feeling so tired and MS is bad.
EDD 23rd June..

Anyone knows what's the normal CRL for 6wk 5 d?
Just feeling paranoid n worried.

Finally decided to join this forum.. was hesitating as had 2 MC last year.. but thought I need some support during this period when im always feeling so tired and MS is bad.
EDD 23rd June..

Hi @jean1986 ,

Pardon me for asking what's CRL? I'm kinda bad with some of this short terms.

I know it's painful n heartache for mummies with MC experiences.... but never stop Keep thinking positive and always look forward to every stage of bb's growing stage. :)

hi all

im new to this thread. Edd 21 June. This is my #2, am 33yo. Have been a silent reader here until i buay tahan, got something to ask u all...

i am 8 weeks now and my tummy already look like when i was 7-month preggy. i know the uterus will expand during first trim, but i think mine expanded too much, abit too big... do you all have the same problem?

Hi @jean1986 ,

Pardon me for asking what's CRL? I'm kinda bad with some of this short terms.

It's the baby size I think. they term it CRL.

Anyone has problems at work with bosses? my boss just told me if I cant OT these days, shld consider going home and continue from home. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

hi all

i am 8 weeks now and my tummy already look like when i was 7-month preggy. i know the uterus will expand during first trim, but i think mine expanded too much, abit too big... do you all have the same problem?

Is it you are bloated? a lot of gas inside your stomach?

EDD 23rd June..

Think doctor shd be able to gauge the age based on CRL, it will be indicated in ur ultrasound picture.
Try to be positive, u have gd chance of delivering even with two MC behind u. Mb ask doctor to check more often?
I also MC before. Jiayou!

It's the baby size I think. they term it CRL.

Anyone has problems at work with bosses? my boss just told me if I cant OT these days, shld consider going home and continue from home. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
So mean... Zzz
Well my problem more with colleagues than boss. Just this wk some of them were talking about who is going to cover me during maternity and one even suggested mb I shd continue to do work from home during maternity. I was quite annoyed and said no!

So mean... Zzz
Well my problem more with colleagues than boss. Just this wk some of them were talking about who is going to cover me during maternity and one even suggested mb I shd continue to do work from home during maternity. I was quite annoyed and said no![/QUOTE

My boss asked me to reconsider whether to quit my job as she has difficulty assigning me classes for next year. I was crying non stop for a few days very emo that having another baby will cost me to lose my job...I m emotional unstable for few days. What do you all think I shld do?

Are u a teacher? I don't think this is fair practice, can complain to MOM.
Do u foresee urself working long in this job and does it give u the job satisfaction u want? Is it a supportive environment? Maybe some things to consider...
Sorry u are gg thru this...

hi all

im new to this thread. Edd 21 June. This is my #2, am 33yo. Have been a silent reader here until i buay tahan, got something to ask u all...

7 mths pregnant is really huge like a ball so are you sure you are measuring against a 7 mth bump? Hehe..usually I think is due to bloatedness.By 8 weeks you can see a bump but could not be too big because our baby is still small and uterus had not expand to the size yet.Maybe if you are too worried, you can check out with gynae why.

So mean... Zzz
Well my problem more with colleagues than boss. Just this wk some of them were talking about who is going to cover me during maternity and one even suggested mb I shd continue to do work from home during maternity. I was quite annoyed and said no!
If your company employed you or other women, then they should prepare when any of them go for maternity etc.I felt that as a good team, the colleagues should help to cover each other when in need..and not just thinking about themselves.Your boss should be the one stressing the assignments when you not in and not for them to worry.You just have to be firm and tell them no because you are entitled to this benefits.Try to focus more on your pregnancy and deliver your baby and discard all these negative people or things.Talk to your boss if you are unhappy about this and if all of them is so not understanding, just ren till after your maternity then slowly find job because such environment is not at all happy for you to work in.My 2 cents...

So mean! They are not suppose to make you feel like you are being punished for being pregnant!

I was still teaching when I had my #1. Jan baby, so they scheduled my classes in a way I have fixed recess daily for expressing milk when I'm back (end May).
But they had a hard time getting relief. Good thing was NIE trainees came during that period and relief a lot of my classes.

hi all

Welcome !

EDD 23rd June..

Welcome. I had 2 mc during the early preg ..
I understand the constant worrying of the condition of the bb in us. But at least we hv bad ms which can be a gd indicator tt bb is growing well. ; )

At 1st trim I wil not do any treatments to myself .. will only go back for facials at 12 or 14 weeks.

Heard hair treatment is ok. Rebond shd be not recommended as compared to perm..but seriously I'm gg to be guai this time and skip all these chemicals ..

But mani / pedi without nail polish shd be fine.. I noe some brand of nail polish is not safe for preg while the opi brand is generally safe. May hv to dbl cfm what nail polish w manicurists. Gelish is safe ? But I hate the removal part where we hv to soak with the removal chemical.

I think if you do gelish one is ok....normal nail polish the chemical smell very strong.My manicurist she only do gelish and now she is 5 mths pregnant and still working.

I guess the manicurist have no choice too, my manicurist wear double layer mask when she did gelish for me back then.

At 1st trim I wil not do any treatments to myself .. will only go back for facials at 12 or 14 weeks.

Heard hair treatment is ok. Rebond shd be not recommended as compared to perm..but seriously I'm gg to be guai this time and skip all these chemicals ..

But mani / pedi without nail polish shd be fine.. I noe some brand of nail polish is not safe for preg while the opi brand is generally safe. May hv to dbl cfm what nail polish w manicurists. Gelish is safe ? But I hate the removal part where we hv to soak with the removal chemical.

Hi @bel_vodka ,

Thanks for sharing .....think i will cut my hair & treatment when reach my 2nd trim....

If your company employed you or other women, then they should prepare when any of them go for maternity etc.I felt that as a good team, the colleagues should help to cover each other when in need..and not just thinking about themselves.Your boss should be the one stressing the assignments when you not in and not for them to worry.You just have to be firm and tell them no because you are entitled to this benefits.Try to focus more on your pregnancy and deliver your baby and discard all these negative people or things.Talk to your boss if you are unhappy about this and if all of them is so not understanding, just ren till after your maternity then slowly find job because such environment is not at all happy for you to work in.My 2 cents...
Yup, I think the direct superior/manager should prioritize and arrange this from his/her end. It's common to have female coworker to leave for maternity! I can understand some people tend to be sounded v nice when know you are preggie, but when it comes to the stage of 'cover' your job, alala... Patterns all come. Don't bother so much for now. You have a choice after return from maternity, right? :) So, leave it as of now and switch off those selfish people - they are all over the place.

Hi mummies here... I m still considering which gynae to go...
See a lot of reviews on Dr Benjamin Tham... any mummies can advise on his package, and where he will do delivery?
thanks

So mean... Zzz

@hi_mei, you are not alone. I am expected to work from home (some days, not all) as well during my maternity. I guess this is quite common nowadays.. my cousin worked in the bank, during maternity also required to work from home and if got meeting she have to go back office attend.. It is a manpower issue.. in my comp, the staffs are quite packed one.. so if one goes on long leave, very difficult to cover A to Z of that person's work.. so they will split each take a small piece of the pie.. and left over no choice we still have to do lor.. if simple admin they can employ temp to do but co-confidential stuffs they cannot let temp touch or involved in those meetings/discussions.

I think the explanation is reasonable.. at least my boss will explain to me nicely the rationale. I am also not unreasonable la.. in such difficulties and shortage of manpower nobody do hor and if pile up eventually i come back from maternity i also suffer OT everyday to clear the pile.. I would rather i clear at home. Unless I am those fortunate ones who can be tai tai after giving birth.. if not i still need the job and income, i also dont wan to make myself miserable next time.

@hi_mei, you are not alone. I am expected to work from home (some days, not all) as well during my maternity. I guess this is quite common nowadays.. my cousin worked in the bank, during maternity also required to work from home and if got meeting she have to go back office attend.. It is a manpower issue.. in my comp, the staffs are quite packed one.. so if one goes on long leave, very difficult to cover A to Z of that person's work.. so they will split each take a small piece of the pie.. and left over no choice we still have to do lor.. if simple admin they can employ temp to do but co-confidential stuffs they cannot let temp touch or involved in those meetings/discussions.

I think the explanation is reasonable.. at least my boss will explain to me nicely the rationale. I am also not unreasonable la.. in such difficulties and shortage of manpower nobody do hor and if pile up eventually i come back from maternity i also suffer OT everyday to clear the pile.. I would rather i clear at home. Unless I am those fortunate ones who can be tai tai after giving birth.. if not i still need the job and income, i also dont wan to make myself miserable next time.
Oh dear... Ya i know my place got manpower issue but they have 8 mth to think abt hiring temp staff so thought that shd be a more logical solution. My colleague said she had to work through her maternity so it seemed as if I was being spoilt to ask for no work.
Anw it is gd u can break from work to enjoy!! Envy a lot! Must be so nice to watch ur kids grow up :)

I think if you do gelish one is ok....normal nail polish the chemical smell very strong.My manicurist she only do gelish and now she is 5 mths pregnant and still working.
Ladies, I just read an article.
"Gel polishes won't seep through the nail itself but could be absorbed through your nail bed. Whether you're pregnant or not, is the ultraviolet lamp used to set the gel could lead to hyperpigmentation and wrinkles, not to mention cancerous cells on your hands. So, opt for a regular mani/pedi will keep yourself and our little one safe. Steer clear of colors containing dibutyl phthalate, or DBP, toluene and formaldehyde."

I have depleted my mc due to bad nausea, am thinking if it's possible to use HL. U took HL due to? Hope u are fine now. :)
How many wks are u now? Hope u are nearing end of first tri. U can ask ur doctor to specify the MC as HL then shd be ok.

8 wks only, still long way to go.. seems like it's getting worse each day. How many wks are u now?

Jia you rainbowjoyce... you are not alone, everyone is hanging there , looking forward to 2nd trim....
keep trying out methods or food which will make you feel better...crackers, soup, sour plum etc....
never go hungry as it will make the nausea worse...

Hi all...I had very bad ms at week 6, then suddenly it eased a lot over the weekend. I had a scan on w7 and it showed everything was fine. Im still worried though as the ms gets much less at this early time. Does anyone experience the same thing?

Hi all...I had very bad ms at week 6, then suddenly it eased a lot over the weekend. I had a scan on w7 and it showed everything was fine. Im still worried though as the ms gets much less at this early time. Does anyone experience the same thing?

Hi @Happybump ,

I think every mummy experience different or stages of ms. I started slightly ms at week 6-7 and at week 9+ now, more than what I experienced before.

Stay positive ya =)

Hi my doctor said the MS can go up and down. I personally experienced sometimes it went away for a day or two every week and everything is fine. Don't worry!

Hi ladies, I'm new here! Tested positive and went for ultrasound scan already. But my gynea said that I have an inch of blood clot and this makes me very worried because today there are some brown discharged again and I'm not sure if I should went to see doc. But my gynea was on leave due to some urgent matters, where can I go for ultrasound scan? If is emergency can I go to KKH? Thanks!

Thanks ladies! Mine was away for almost a week now and today is the first day i dont even puke. I still have bloatedness n food adversion though.

Btw have you all started on the multivitamins and fish oil? I was surprised im given everything now whereas with my first baby, only started to take in 2nd trim..

Hi ladies, I'm new here! Tested positive and went for ultrasound scan already. But my gynea said that I have an inch of blood clot and this makes me very worried because today there are some brown discharged again and I'm not sure if I should went to see doc. But my gynea was on leave due to some urgent matters, where can I go for ultrasound scan? If is emergency can I go to KKH? Thanks!
Yes just go KKH 24H O&G. Hope it clears up soon!

Was hungry before I slp last night. Instead of Milo, went to cook instant mee as I was craving for it!

Then had a bad stomachache in the middle of the night! :( woke up to poo, was a bit scared by the pain thou.

No more solid no matter what before I slp liao!

Thanks ladies! Mine was away for almost a week now and today is the first day i dont even puke. I still have bloatedness n food adversion though.

Btw have you all started on the multivitamins and fish oil? I was surprised im given everything now whereas with my first baby, only started to take in 2nd trim..

No leh.. only folic acid so far.. but i m fine with it since can save $$ haha.. I tink my gynae is the cool & natural type.. He says daily veg we eat all those also got vitamins so no need supplements, becoz too much supplements will backfire.. too little also cannot. But he says daily intake of meat & veg shd be sufficient for first trimester.

Yesterday I had this cramping like pain the entire day but it was bearable mild pain, no bleeding. At first I tot is diarrhoea, I went to squat in toilet for a long time finally some output but it was solid not liquid type.. so i ruled out diarrhoea.. but it persisted till evening. So i went to c gynae for a check. On the ultrasound, the baby was lying straight and still, no movement even when he push my tummy abit, then he zoom in and saw the heart flickering, so he said baby is sleeping. Everything is fine. So i presume baby is sleeping... since got heartbeat..

@Ice_Tea yes better to just go n have a check since your gynae away!
@Happybump my gynae gave me multi vit too...no folic cuz in the multi vit contains 1mg folic...she said next trim will start fish oil n i think calcium? @missus_bl haha me too...i feel like eating instant noodles esp when i m watching korean variety shows...make me feel like eating the piping hot ramen! @icyjol what a relief! Must b so happy to see baby again!

Hi all, just got discharged today for kkh. Was having a lot of brown discharge on Wednesday night. Decide to go kkh 24hr clinic n choose to be admitted for observation. Now doc give me 2 weeks HL, my boss is gng to b very unhappy.

Hi all, just got discharged today for kkh. Was having a lot of brown discharge on Wednesday night. Decide to go kkh 24hr clinic n choose to be admitted for observation. Now doc give me 2 weeks HL, my boss is gng to b very unhappy.
Hi do rest and relax and hope ur discharge stops soon. Ur baby is more impt than boss.

@Ice_Tea yes better to just go n have a check since your gynae away!
@Happybump my gynae gave me multi vit too...no folic cuz in the multi vit contains 1mg folic...she said next trim will start fish oil n i think calcium? @missus_bl haha me too...i feel like eating instant noodles esp when i m watching korean variety shows...make me feel like eating the piping hot ramen! @icyjol what a relief! Must b so happy to see baby again!

but baby is very still and legs straight not moving at all!! But can see heartbeat so gynae says baby is sleeping.. i can only assume that... but the baby position looks so weird to be sleeping.. n nt moving even when my tummy is nudged.. since gynae says is ok le.. i can only believe so..

Back