(2015/6) June 2015 Mummies

I wasn't expecting a bfp hence the ipl at V. Lol. Previously I stopped hot yoga during 2WW but menses still v regular. Sakali I'm v lax this mth and got a bfp.

The ms I hate are vomit and sleepiness. 要我老命!really can't wait to get my energy back in 2nd trim.

missus_bl, the morning sickness is like whole day sickness for me.. after eating, sure have the gagging until teary...
then the heart feels tight and uncomfortable. And I practically smell every single thing around me, even the office cleaning auntie mop floor, I smell the mopping detergent also feel like vomit... :(

what you do to relief ms?

Hi Mummies,

My mummies friends have shared with me about dealing with MS.

JTS: First thing in the morning after you wake up, try eating 1 or 2 pieces of the "so tar piar" (cream crackers like khong guan brand or jacobs). It helps to reduce the MS and if you can leave a pack or 2 in your bag, in case you feel hungry at any time.

I have yet to try it cos I have not buy the biscuits yet.

I wasn't expecting a bfp hence the ipl at V. Lol. Previously I stopped hot yoga during 2WW but menses still v regular. Sakali I'm v lax this mth and got a bfp.

The ms I hate are vomit and sleepiness. 要我老命!really can't wait to get my energy back in 2nd trim.

Jiayou!! Few more wks to 2nd trimester!! :)

missus_bl, the morning sickness is like whole day sickness for me.. after eating, sure have the gagging until teary...
then the heart feels tight and uncomfortable. And I practically smell every single thing around me, even the office cleaning auntie mop floor, I smell the mopping detergent also feel like vomit... :(

what you do to relief ms?

@pinkylove - I have also read that eating crackers biscuits helps and drinking hot lemon / ginger tea. Somewhere I read says drink isotonic drink to replenish the water coz u will dehydrate or sth.. but I am not very sure.. or u can try the old wives method is eating sour stuffs? Hope your ms goes away soon.. 2nd trimester faster come!

Dear all,

Do your baby CRL measurement fits the actual gestational age? Mine like grow slower leh..

@pinkylove - I have also read that eating crackers biscuits helps and drinking hot lemon / ginger tea. Somewhere I read says drink isotonic drink to replenish the water coz u will dehydrate or sth.. but I am not very sure.. or u can try the old wives method is eating sour stuffs? Hope your ms goes away soon.. 2nd trimester faster come!

Hi Mummies,

My mummies friends have shared with me about dealing with MS.

JTS: First thing in the morning after you wake up, try eating 1 or 2 pieces of the "so tar piar" (cream crackers like khong guan brand or jacobs). It helps to reduce the MS and if you can leave a pack or 2 in your bag, in case you feel hungry at any time.

I have yet to try it cos I have not buy the biscuits yet.

Dear all,

Do your baby CRL measurement fits the actual gestational age? Mine like grow slower leh..

hi icyjol and skykaren, thanks for your advice. I have been taking sour plum, and the worse can happen is, after while if I vomit, sour plum with liquid come out * sorry for being so detailed

I will try the crackers method and hope it improves~~

2nd trimester faster come please!

Pinky love- we got the same EDD! :)

For ms, impt is to not get hungry else nausea will b worse. I will eat or snack on crackers every 3-4hrs. That usually keeps my nausea away but after heavy lunch I will gag a little. That's what happen for my no. 1 n I'm doing the same for no 2 now. :)

Jyjy mommies hope 2nd Tri is here soon n ms shoo shoo!

Mommies here, which gynea are u all seeing?

Dear all,

@icyjol , my bb crl measurement fits the actual gestational age. how much slower is yours? what does the gynae says?

hi icyjol and skykaren, thanks for your advice. I have been taking sour plum, and the worse can happen is, after while if I vomit, sour plum with liquid come out * sorry for being so detailed

Hi @pinkylove ,

Jia You! Me too, can't wait for the 2nd trim to arrive...

Pinky love- we got the same EDD! :)

For ms, impt is to not get hungry else nausea will b worse. I will eat or snack on crackers every 3-4hrs. That usually keeps my nausea away but after heavy lunch I will gag a little. That's what happen for my no. 1 n I'm doing the same for no 2 now. :)

Jyjy mommies hope 2nd Tri is here soon n ms shoo shoo!

Mommies here, which gynea are u all seeing?

dollsy, Wooooh.... same EDD buddy... how old is your no 1? for me, this is my 1st. :)

@icyjol , my bb crl measurement fits the actual gestational age. how much slower is yours? what does the gynae says?

4 days slower leh.. but gynae said everything is ok..

@dollsy - I'm currently seeing a neighbourhood one.. I will change after first trimester.. first trimester still unstable ma so I dont wan to make any changes yet. I read alot of mummies gave good reviews for benjamin tham & paul tseng from tmc, may consider them. U?

Hello to all mommies to be..

Went to first ultrasound last week, yolk sac and heartbeats present. EDD on 24 June.

I went to see Dr Madeleine Tan at TMC, anyone seeing her before? Used to see Dr Tracey Lim at Tow Yung, but her clinic so crowded..

@dollsy - I'm currently seeing a neighbourhood one.. I will change after first trimester.. first trimester still unstable ma so I dont wan to make any changes yet. I read alot of mummies gave good reviews for benjamin tham & paul tseng from tmc, may consider them. U?

@icyjol , 4 days slower sounds alright. anyway, the gynae said everything is ok. You should rest your mind

@dollsy: I also will gag after a heavy lunch ..
In fact now ..
And feeling so sleepy too ..
My gynae is Dr Joycelyn Wong of acj clinic at tmc ..
Her schedule are always very packed but her fees have risen lately so now less crowded ..
She is my gynae when I had my no. 1 ..

I think some days I forgot and took like 3! Lol.

I'm seeing my gynae next week at ard 9w1d. Hope to see some wiggling too. :)

omg! u took 3 pills of the Duphaston? did u feel extreme nausea? without the pill, i am feeling already quite miserable... trying to cope the feeling. i took once and the next day i am feeling weak from the nausea and i stopped the pill.

I agree the cracker works on me too. When I feel hungry will take a few crackers first before head for main meal.. Even midnight I wake up hunger looking for food :)

omg! u took 3 pills of the Duphaston? did u feel extreme nausea? without the pill, i am feeling already quite miserable... trying to cope the feeling. i took once and the next day i am feeling weak from the nausea and i stopped the pill.
I have to take 4 in total a day, 2 each in the morn and night. With the nausea kicking in heavily, I really hate to take any pills, including multivitamins :(

Babe, my #1 was smaller than gestation but she is well and healthy now. Dun worry: )

@mehmehguinguin, wow 4 duphaston, that's alot! pls take care!

I'm taking 2 a day now. Losing weight now due to all the vomiting. Milo and plain biscuit works for me.
Strictly no spicy and oily food. Can only take in porridge as well.

Hi mummies I saw some of u very worried about baby. I had MMC the last pregnancy and no day goes by that I don't worry. However, we are now at the 7-9wk mark, and if we have heard a heartbeat at this stage the chances are overwhelmingly high we will have a healthy baby :)

My friend lent me her doppler which can be used to listen to baby's heartbeat when u are worried. She said it can pick up from about 9 weeks onwards. If you want peace of mind u can consider getting one. Seems like it is quite popular online and I have seen it in some departmental stores before. Have not actually tried it yet though, but I will let u all know when I do.

In the meantime, try and relax and stay positive. A few more weeks and maybe can feel baby bouncing hehe!

Hihi juz curious how u all see and know whether the crl measurement fit the gestational age? Please enlighten me =)
Gestation age is calculated as no of days/weeks from your LMP.
CRL can be used to estimate gestational age also and it is more accurate. So this means doctor uses the CRL to tell how old your baby is.
It doesn't really matter if ur CRL and GA differs by a few days.

@mehmehguinguin, wow 4 duphaston, that's alot! pls take care!

I'm taking 2 a day now. Losing weight now due to all the vomiting. Milo and plain biscuit works for me.
Strictly no spicy and oily food. Can only take in porridge as well.
Littlenina, mine is utrogestan, which is similar as duphaston I guess? Is for stabilize and strengthen the womb.. My gynae said I can only stop in week 16 :( still long way to go with this pills where I really don't like it to be honest, cause my nause worse

Hi mummies I saw some of u very worried about baby. I had MMC the last pregnancy and no day goes by that I don't worry. However, we are now at the 7-9wk mark, and if we have heard a heartbeat at this stage the chances are overwhelmingly high we will have a healthy baby :)

My friend lent me her doppler which can be used to listen to baby's heartbeat when u are worried. She said it can pick up from about 9 weeks onwards. If you want peace of mind u can consider getting one. Seems like it is quite popular online and I have seen it in some departmental stores before. Have not actually tried it yet though, but I will let u all know when I do.

In the meantime, try and relax and stay positive. A few more weeks and maybe can feel baby bouncing hehe!

Hi, which departmental store can i get the doppler and how much?

@dollsy: I also will gag after a heavy lunch ..
In fact now ..
And feeling so sleepy too ..
My gynae is Dr Joycelyn Wong of acj clinic at tmc ..
Her schedule are always very packed but her fees have risen lately so now less crowded ..
She is my gynae when I had my no. 1 ..
babyunicorn i m also acj clinic but my gynae is Adrian Tan , yeeesss ur gynae fee is quite exp than my gynae
when ur next app with ur gynae
hopefully can see u there hihi

Gestation age is calculated as no of days/weeks from your LMP.
CRL can be used to estimate gestational age also and it is more accurate. So this means doctor uses the CRL to tell how old your baby is.
It doesn't really matter if ur CRL and GA differs by a few days.
Thanks hi_mei!

Littlenina, mine is utrogestan, which is similar as duphaston I guess? Is for stabilize and strengthen the womb.. My gynae said I can only stop in week 16 :( still long way to go with this pills where I really don't like it to be honest, cause my nause worse
@mehmehguinguin, I also on this. Try inserting instead of orally see whether it help? Me doing inserting

babyunicorn i m also acj clinic but my gynae is Adrian Tan , yeeesss ur gynae fee is quite exp than my gynae
when ur next app with ur gynae
hopefully can see u there hihi

My cousin recommended Joycelyn wong too, but she doesnt have package. Ya, her fees very exp are more pricey. So I didn't consider her le..

I have been given two weeks medical leave to rest at home...I feel so tired n lazy for this pregnancy..... second trimester Faster come Please!!

hi ladies , my EDD is 6 June 2015.
This is my No.2.
It should be 10w by now.

Just booked a genetic scan with Prof Ananda Kumar on 11 Dec, and skipping OSCAR test due to age.
I am coming to 36yo.
I am excited to know my bb gender at w14 with this test.

Hello to all! I am having my 3rd baby, EDD is 13 June.

Been suffering from ms, bloatedness and sleepy all the time from the moment I realised I was pregnant. Really can't wait for 2nd tri to be here too.

Although this is not my first pregnancy, I am also suffering from negative thoughts and fear constantly. I had mc for 2nd pregnancy at 8 weeks, didn't know anything until gynae visit and the scan showed no heartbeat. Was really devastated but thank God that we were blessed with another baby just 6 months later. This time, the fear of losing this baby keeps creeping in. Getting very paranoid and have not declared my pregnancy to anyone yet.

Hi mummyfaith , i understand how you feel. I miscarriage twice too.
Once during mid-term 20w and Apr 2014 7w.

Sometimes I can't help to harbour negative thoughts too.
Tend to be more worried than happy.

hippo78, yes somehow more worried than happy too...

Told my hubby but he always just say don't think too much, all will be well. My next appt is at 12 weeks, which is end of Nov. Its such a long wait till I get some reassurance...

And the thing is this pregnancy was unplanned and totally a surprise to us. In fact when I first knew, I was scared cos with 2 kids already I am bearly surviving day to day. Now have to go through everything again... did not feel very joyful at all. Yet as it progresses, I am afraid of losing the baby. Such conflicting thoughts and emotions that I have.

hippo78, yes somehow more worried than happy too...

Told my hubby but he always just say don't think too much, all will be well. My next appt is at 12 weeks, which is end of Nov. Its such a long wait till I get some reassurance...

Yes agree.. more worry.. and hubby usually wont understand our worries.. my hubby said aiyo.. if really something happen u will be bleeding liao.. no bleed means everything is fine. But I told him not the case lor.. bleeding is mc where baby drop out.. there is another scenario baby stop growing or no heartbeat inside.. and some of those no bleeding no symptoms at all.. baby never drop out naturally need do D&C..

And like wat hippo78, 20w also can have such risk.. so does not mean after first trimester everything is fine.. How to stop worrying then? Haiz.. I also dont wan to be like tat.. but I really tried many yrs before i preggy with #1.. so I m super paranoid, super protective and super kia xi!

hi mummyfaith

despite hearing my bb heartbeat on week 8 and next appointment at week 11 at end Nov. Its also everyday worrying. I do tell my hubby about my worry and lots of what if... the bb heartbeat suddenly stop etc... he also keep telling me that I think too much. sometimes I read experiences of other mummies as well in the forum of cases similar as your past pregnancy whereby the bb heartbeat stopped without them knowing... its really making the mind race with lots of fear.
I can imagine how devastating that can be. Still, happy for you that your rainbow bb is here...

some of my colleagues already know about my preg due to work related concern.. also start to worry again with all my "what if...."

Frankly speaking, there are no safe period.
You will only stop worrying until the day you held your bb in your hands.

I can also understand the worries ..
It is constantly in my mind ..
Gynae keeps assuring me that ms is a good indication of pregnancy ..
But I dont know if my ms is caused by duphaston ..

Hihi, test positive this week. From edd calculator seem like I will be an early july mummy. Might possible be a june mummy as my first is early by 2 weeks :)

babyunicorn, that's what my gynae told me too !
He said it is a very good sign.

But duphaston can cause more nausea and bloating.
But then again, nausea could also be due to really morning sickness.
And i sure hope my MS is not due to the pills.

Hello to all! I am having my 3rd baby, EDD is 13 June.

Been suffering from ms, bloatedness and sleepy all the time from the moment I realised I was pregnant. Really can't wait for 2nd tri to be here too.

Although this is not my first pregnancy, I am also suffering from negative thoughts and fear constantly. I had mc for 2nd pregnancy at 8 weeks, didn't know anything until gynae visit and the scan showed no heartbeat. Was really devastated but thank God that we were blessed with another baby just 6 months later. This time, the fear of losing this baby keeps creeping in. Getting very paranoid and have not declared my pregnancy to anyone yet.

Hi mummyfaith, I m having my Number 3 too! Yeah!!

Hihi mummies who has 2nd kids onward, do you feel your tummy getting very big? I am not sure if I ate too much? But I feel my tummy is really quite big and hard.by right, bb is now very small only.

Hihi mummies who has 2nd kids onward, do you feel your tummy getting very big? I am not sure if I ate too much? But I feel my tummy is really quite big and hard.by right, bb is now very small only.

I feel that way too.

I can't rem but i saw in Harvey Norman/Best Denki sometime back. If not I think u can find online at places like qoo10.
Tried the doppler already... Am about 9 weeks and it can pick up the heartbeat though it is softer than the ultrasound machine.

Congrats all mummies. Same here, worried does kick in as n when. But I am quite worry about myself now where I'm not sure is it normal to have little depression. I everyday feel like hard to pass, like forever stuck in first trimester, like never ending. Everyday wake up have to encounter the MS whole day again, lots of foods cannot eat. Everyday have to think what to eat, as don't know what food will cause me vomit afterwards. Sleepless night, cause me more pissed off sometimes. I'm wfh for the whole 1st trimester, not sure would it be this reason causing me to have this kind of negative thinking? But I keep puking now, how to go to the office by running to the ladies every now and then? :(

Tried the doppler already... Am about 9 weeks and it can pick up the heartbeat though it is softer than the ultrasound machine.
Sounds cool !! :) must b so assuring to hear bb's hb!
Congrats all mummies. Same here, worried does kick in as n when. But I am quite worry about myself now where I'm not sure is it normal to have little depression. I everyday feel like hard to pass, like forever stuck in first trimester, like never ending. Everyday wake up have to encounter the MS whole day again, lots of foods cannot eat. Everyday have to think what to eat, as don't know what food will cause me vomit afterwards. Sleepless night, cause me more pissed off sometimes. I'm wfh for the whole 1st trimester, not sure would it be this reason causing me to have this kind of negative thinking? But I keep puking now, how to go to the office by running to the ladies every now and then? :(
I know what u mean meh...first trim not easy with the ms, gagging, bloated feeling...n lack of sleep....i m in a foul mood too...but hang in there! Just think positive that bb is growing well, hence ur hormones working real hard n creating lots chaos :( A few more weeks we will b in second trim n we can enjoy our pregnancy more by then! Jiayou!

Back