(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

Thanks asumi:) how is dr Benjamin ?
Maybe he's one of those more popular gynae around, so he's a little rush in explaining the things and such. But my HL was given by the other gynae whom i had visit for the first two appointments as Dr Benjamin Tham was fully booked when i was spotting and needed an appointment almost immediately. Her name is Dr Madeleine Tan. I personally find her very motherly and initially wanted to get her to help me with delivery. But sadly she don't accept anymore deliveries and will only visit pregnant mothers till 28 weeks of expectancy on a la carte basis.

Any mommies here taking Utrogestan ? It is the progesterone support pill. Last night I took my first dose , after 1-2 hours , felt giddy and super sleepy . I googled and it seems like it is part of the effect of the pills. Any mommies took this pills b4 and felt the same way? Today gyne not in so I can't ask her. Will call her tmr to ask.

Me! I would have to take Utrogestan till delivery for extra support.

Currently taking 2 tablets every day during night time. I will feel sleepy and drowsy after around 3 hours.

Before that I took one tablet of duphaston in the morning and one tablet at night plus 2 tablets of utrogestan. My body can't take it and threw up frequently. Luckily I have finished up all my duphaston and now just taking Utrogestan only.

Thank you so much for the add. My current EDD is 12/10/15, but it changes. I'm hoping my baby will give me an easier date to remember (haha).

Good luck to your Oscar. Hope the results are good.

Hi there, I have just added you to the group. Please check your email and spam folders :)

I also just turned week 12 today. My EDD is 22 Oct. What is yours?

I'm going for Oscar test this Friday. I think Oscar normally has false positives, so don't worry too much. I wanted to do Harmony, but my gynae didn't suggest it, even when I expressed my preference for the Harmony test :/

Yes I also always smell all sorts of smells, that no one else seems to haha. Detest cigarette smoke as well.

Will be great to have you in our FB group. We talk a lot there and express all our concerns. We also have a Whatsapp group that a mom started. You will need to look further down the threads to find it :) Hope it helps and see you in the group! :)

Hi bellebaby, I'm seeing Prof Tan from SGH through recommendation from my private gynae.

Who are you seeing in SGH?
What is the full name of your gyne ? :)
The strict gyne whom I mentioned (I'll not mention her name here on forum but I must say she is a very very nice and motherly gyne and I really like her ) is not from SGH. I saw her cos the two times I had sudden spotting happened on days that either my gyne in SGH not around or her clinic super full and can't accept anymore walk-in. The gyne whom I'm
Seeing in SGH is Dr Yu Su ling . She is recommended by my private gyne whom I used to see in 2013 for my ovarian cysts. Due to some insurance issues, I have to do my op in govt hospital (but now I upgrade to both private and govt hosp) . So dr Yu did my op for me and I have been seeing her for follow up since till I discover i conceived in feb. Dr Yu is very experienced and confident .. Jus that she sees not only pregnant ladies, many came to see her for other women's issues and for ivf. So her clinic is very very full and busy .

Me! I would have to take Utrogestan till delivery for extra support.

Currently taking 2 tablets every day during night time. I will feel sleepy and drowsy after around 3 hours.

Before that I took one tablet of duphaston in the morning and one tablet at night plus 2 tablets of utrogestan. My body can't take it and threw up frequently. Luckily I have finished up all my duphaston and now just taking Utrogestan only.

You also experienced spotting ?

The strict gyne whom I mentioned (I'll not mention her name here on forum but I must say she is a very very nice and motherly gyne and I really like her ) is not from SGH. I saw her cos the two times I had sudden spotting happened on days that either my gyne in SGH not around or her clinic super full and can't accept anymore walk-in. The gyne whom I'm
Seeing in SGH is Dr Yu Su ling . She is recommended by my private gyne whom I used to see in 2013 for my ovarian cysts. Due to some insurance issues, I have to do my op in govt hospital (but now I upgrade to both private and govt hosp) . So dr Yu did my op for me and I have been seeing her for follow up since till I discover i conceived in feb. Dr Yu is very experienced and confident .. Jus that she sees not only pregnant ladies, many came to see her for other women's issues and for ivf. So her clinic is very very full and busy .

I see...My gynae's name is Prof Tan Hak Koon. Think his consultation room is just 2 rooms away from Dr Yu.

Thanks bellebaby. This is my first pregnancy and I'm now in week 11 4 days. Few more days to end my first trimester!
What about you?
I'm exactly 11 weeks today so we are actually quite close in our EDD I think :) is having triplets making your morning sickness worse ? :) I'm still having it .. It becomes worse from afternoon onwards to bedtime .. Everyday same pattern .. Hahah

I fell sick.. =(
2 days ago headaches then now flu. Think i going to get fever soon. >.<
Oh dear, did u see a doc ? Take mc and rest at home. Rem to let doc know to prescribe pregnancy safe medicine if u need any medication . Meanwhile , drink plenty of water and rest more. Take care :)

Oh dear, did u see a doc ? Take mc and rest at home. Rem to let doc know to prescribe pregnancy safe medicine if u need any medication . Meanwhile , drink plenty of water and rest more. Take care :)

Just went to my gynea. He given me the same medic as wat GP will give. Lozenges, flu and Danzen (for anti inflam) same, except for cough syrup diff. He say headache or fever can just take normal panadol.

Just went to my gynea. He given me the same medic as wat GP will give. Lozenges, flu and Danzen (for anti inflam) same, except for cough syrup diff. He say headache or fever can just take normal panadol.

Take care! Rest of the mummies, do try and wash ur hands more often, keep them off your face! Stay out of crowded places if u can. The weather is not exactly helping...

It's because he didnt turn on the volume... Gynae dont normally on the volume for u to hear...
The next time u go, tell him u want to listen to the heartbeat....
I always request to listen to it... :)
I went for another visit with another gynae and I heard the heartbeat already! :D

Hello Theia
Can you add me to the Facebook group? I am a 3rd time Mummy and my EDD is 13+2 October 2015. I am a May, 30 year old Singaporean Mummy but my family and I are currently located in London. I hope that I would be able to get some Singaporean ideas/lobangs/support from joining the group.

My facebook account is [email protected]

Thank you! xxx

I started feeling gassy these 2 days .. Like those gassy pain.. Not very bad but more prominent these two days.. Heard it is normal for first trimester due to hormone change . Anybody here also feel that ? I'm 11 weeks 2 days now.

A bit too early for us now. Is there any warranty?
Screenshot_2015-04-10-11-48-52_1428637796046.jpg
1 year warranty

Hi All! I'm new to this group! Can I be added to the fb grp as well? [email protected]

My EDD Is 5 Oct and am currently with Irene Chua from Gleneages.

Have been experiencing MS since the start of my pregnancy but am feeling much better now. I realized that I experience gastric discomfort whenever I consume folic acid (will feel nausea and vomit). Hence I've not been taking it regularly. Hope baby will be fine.

Hi All! I'm new to this group! Can I be added to the fb grp as well? [email protected]

My EDD Is 5 Oct and am currently with Irene Chua from Gleneages.

Have been experiencing MS since the start of my pregnancy but am feeling much better now. I realized that I experience gastric discomfort whenever I consume folic acid (will feel nausea and vomit). Hence I've not been taking it regularly. Hope baby will be fine.

Hi Dawn, I have added you. Please check your email and spam folders :)

Actually folic acid is very important for development of baby's brain and spinal cord and to prevent birth defects. If you can, probably best to check with your doctor if there are alternatives. My gynae told me that I can take folic acid until week 14. After which, she will give me multi-vits and calcium supplements.

See you in the group!

Hi,
Any mommies here seeing any gyne from SGH?
hi belle baby,
I'm seeing Prof Tan Hak Koon at SGH. Just switched to him at my 14w appt. I heard he's highly recommended among SGH's staff. He's down to earth and gives practical advice. the waiting time at clinic wasn't too long, better than my previous doctor (I was there about 12pm).

Hi,

hi belle baby,
I'm seeing Prof Tan Hak Koon at SGH. Just switched to him at my 14w appt. I heard he's highly recommended among SGH's staff. He's down to earth and gives practical advice. the waiting time at clinic wasn't too long, better than my previous doctor (I was there about 12pm).

Thanks yellow chewy :) so far U have seen him once?:) is he the chop chop finish type?

Hi,

hi belle baby,

Hi yellowchewy, I'm seeing Prof Tan Hak Koon from SGH as well. I find him friendly, nice and most importantly his waiting time at the clinic is shorter! Don't think he has any maternity package right? Seeing him next Tues for my next appointment.

Hi everyone. I'm new here and clueless to use this forum. So excuse me if there's anytg wrong in what I type. It's my first baby and due in October. I'm seeing gynae Dr Yu Su Ling from SGH. Prof Tan Hak Hoon was my previous gynae, who did my cysts surgery and all. He's good. But due to my conditions, had to see a fertility doc. So those under him, rest assured. My current gynae is fantastic too! Would like to ask you ladies about the morning sickness. How is it? Mine is very bad. Non stop vomiting. Hope yours are better.

Hi everyone. I'm new here and clueless to use this forum. So excuse me if there's anytg wrong in what I type. It's my first baby and due in October. I'm seeing gynae Dr Yu Su Ling from SGH. Prof Tan Hak Hoon was my previous gynae, who did my cysts surgery and all. He's good. But due to my conditions, had to see a fertility doc. So those under him, rest assured. My current gynae is fantastic too! Would like to ask you ladies about the morning sickness. How is it? Mine is very bad. Non stop vomiting. Hope yours are better.
Hi! Finally found someone seeing dr Yu Su ling , same as me :) I like her very much too cos she is very motherly and nice :) she did the keyhole surgery for me too to remove my ovarian cysts in 2013. The only thing is her patients queue is very long . But I'll continue to see her since she knows my condition better. How many weeks are u now ? My ms seems a little bit better though still feeling quite nauseous esp at night but appetite slightly better. I'm
In my 11 weeks 2 days .. Hope to cross my first trimester smoothly

Thanks yellow chewy :) so far U have seen him once?:) is he the chop chop finish type?
Hi bellebaby,
Yes, so far only seen him once. I didn't find him chop-chop, but he was quite to-the-point but still reassuring. I guess if his clinic waiting time isn't so long, the consultations must be "efficient", right? It's 2 sides to a coin ;)

Hi yellowchewy, I'm seeing Prof Tan Hak Koon from SGH as well. I find him friendly, nice and most importantly his waiting time at the clinic is shorter! Don't think he has any maternity package right? Seeing him next Tues for my next appointment.
Hi chloebbkia,
I've not heard of SGH maternity packages, thought it charges by each consultation/ procedure and the delivery. When I google on SGH website the maternity packages are only for delivery.

Hi!
I'm due in Oct too and am 15weeks now. Starting from 10w my appetite became worse, chest always stuffy and headache and dry heaving (feel like vomiting) I read online that before 13/14w the symptoms get worse because the hcg hormone peaks at this time. It felt so torturous trying to eat 3 meals a day and I lost weight.
But starting from last week, my symptoms subsided, and I can almost eat normally now! So happy...
Just want to tell you - hang in there, it should be over soon! (Unless you're the minority of women who has MS the whole pregnancy)... Nibble on nuts and sourish fruits (green apples, berries) more... Take care!

Hi! Finally found someone seeing dr Yu Su ling , same as me :) I like her very much too cos she is very motherly and nice :) she did the keyhole surgery for me too to remove my ovarian cysts in 2013. The only thing is her patients queue is very long . But I'll continue to see her since she knows my condition better. How many weeks are u now ? My ms seems a little bit better though still feeling quite nauseous esp at night but appetite slightly better. I'm
In my 11 weeks 2 days .. Hope to cross my first trimester smoothly

Hi. Yes she's good. Love her to bits. She made me to conceive when lots of others said not possible. I am in my 11 weeks and 1 day. Guess we would be delivering around the same time. Well at least your appetite is good. Mine is bad. Can't eat nor drink. Lost 6 kgs. Praying hard to cross it smoothly too.

Hi!
I'm due in Oct too and am 15weeks now. Starting from 10w my appetite became worse, chest always stuffy and headache and dry heaving (feel like vomiting) I read online that before 13/14w the symptoms get worse because the hcg hormone peaks at this time. It felt so torturous trying to eat 3 meals a day and I lost weight.
But starting from last week, my symptoms subsided, and I can almost eat normally now! So happy...
Just want to tell you - hang in there, it should be over soon! (Unless you're the minority of women who has MS the whole pregnancy)... Nibble on nuts and sourish fruits (green apples, berries) more... Take care!

Hi. Oh thank God! I'm praying hard I'm not the minority. :) I just want this vomiting to go off. So strenuous. Can't eat nor drink and I'm hungry. Lolz. Sour stuff doesn't seem to work for me. I prefer warm water and sweet stuff. I'm 11 weeks and 1 day. Gynae said my hcg is high now. So shld be ok in few days time. Was given jab to stop it. Can't even work but have to work. Gosh. I'm praying it goes off by the next few days. :) my baby due date is October 28. How about yours?

Back