(2015/09) Sept 2015 Mummies

Hello! How is everyone?

For me, I'm feeling breathless , some tight sensation at belly.
Hi jellyfish313 :)
Im on 21st week... currently having on/off tailbone pain. Hurts like crazy sometimes especially when I wanna stand up or adjust my sitting or sleeping position... see the doc ytd and he said its normal. Guess... I just hv to tahan the pain :(

Hi there!

I have been feeling tightness at my tummy randomly. I asked my midwife and was told that it is due to contraction of the uterus. If it happens too frequently (like 20 times a day) should seek doctor's advice. Otherwise it's normal.

I have also experienced tailbone pain since 1st trimester. Yes no choice have to put up with the pain as it is part of pregnancy. I find that if I exercise a little and maintain good posture the pain occurs less often.

Hang in there mums! We are half way to September!

I can't breathe sometimes, especially when i am sitting down. just feels all squashed up inside, coz baby growing and our organs are squeezing upwards.

Finally got too worried after some discharge tinged wif blood this morning and got my hubby send me to kkh O&G clinic. The doc did a check and said she can't see any blood & cervix looks okie but she did a swab test to see if I got infection. Results to be out next week. Now on 2 weeks of utrogesen.

Finally got too worried after some discharge tinged wif blood this morning and got my hubby send me to kkh O&G clinic. The doc did a check and said she can't see any blood & cervix looks okie but she did a swab test to see if I got infection. Results to be out next week. Now on 2 weeks of utrogesen.

Could be due to infection or placenta accreta .take care. You will be fine

Me too have been on and off brown discharge... Guess to play safe, it is better to speak with our gyane for assurance.
We are half way there to due... Take care all :)

Dear Ladies, nice to know everyone's doing well..we are halfway into our pregnancy...jia you! :D

Btw, has anyone bought bb's stuff yet? I am doing research on breastpumps now and I heard a lot of good reviews on Medela auto pump so most likely will be getting that.

Anyone has any advise / feedback on it?

I also need to buy a car seat too and there are just so many brands in the market! Gosh...

Hi mummies, any good stretchmark cream to recc...Used Palmers and now using Clarins... does'nt work for me :(

I'm thinking of getting Bio Oil but not sure if its pregnancy friendly. Appreciate your replies...

Hiya, I am using Elemis Camellia Oil now..it is very lightweight and my skin absorbs it well....but I am not sure how useful it is...Btw how do you know if Clarins doesn't work for you? Do you still see stretch marks after using it? I don't see any stretch marks on my skin yet but I heard it may suddenly appear after giving birth...Tsk...

Dear Ladies, nice to know everyone's doing well..we are halfway into our pregnancy...jia you! :D

Btw, has anyone bought bb's stuff yet? I am doing research on breastpumps now and I heard a lot of good reviews on Medela auto pump so most likely will be getting that.

Anyone has any advise / feedback on it?

I also need to buy a car seat too and there are just so many brands in the market! Gosh...

Me too will be getting medela breast pump. Looks like it's one of the best reviews out in the market.

For mtb who has been getting brown discharge.
It will be good if you let your gyane know asap. As I just came back from my appt. He did a small surgery and took out some tissue down there for test. He mentioned it is call polyp that is fairly common during pregnancy. But not serious or cancerous.

Was given antibiotic and put to bed rest for 2 days.
Baby is ok and growing well. Thank god :)

Carebear,
I have many hand me down baby clothes but will be getting some new clothes for full month celebration. Breastpump hand me down too but I heard my friend telling me the korean brand is even better than Medela at fraction of the price only. Since my youngest is already 9 yo, we feel like 1st time parents again and have to get many stuffs again.
We have got a Peg Perego Pliko Mini Pram - a light weight version pram, due for delivery in Sept only cos warranty start upon delivery. Eyeing Fedora Car seat that can be used from infant to 7yo. I have ordered Aveeno Shampoo and body bath that is meant for baby. Look at California cream as well but will order later. I am also eyeing on SwaddleMe baby wrap for baby, most likely I will order from Taobao.com. Will go for Pigeon milk bottles and avent pacifier - which we have being following these two brands with our older kids.

Hong, wow.. your youngest is 9 years old already? Haha..actually motherhood is a really challenging journey..not to mention costly...I've never really thought of having kids at the start...but well biological clock is ticking so just decided to try for 1...but now I keep seeing all the $$ gg out..not to mention abt $1K a mth on childcare next time...exclude food, clothes, medication...freaky...Having a kid in SG is an expensive process...Haha..

Carebear,
I cant agree more! hahaha... when I have my 2 kids I only go for my blood test and detailed scan but this round OSCAR and Amino test due to age. Technology advanced, living standard better so are the cost.

i currently use a joie stages car seat for my 1.5 yo, the seat can be used up to 18kg, i think that sounds like can use for quite a number of years. the korean breast pump my SIL mentioned b4 i think...can't remember the brand but she said it was really rough..hahahahaha

i also using pigeon bottles. less parts to wash lol. the other day i bought a nuk water bottle for my daughter and when i took it apart to wash, i needed to read the instruction manual. i total of 6 different parts omg. but very cute design that's why i bought...

oh btw, tmr is my doc appt. so excited. haven't seen baby for 4 weeks. hope she is bigger now!

Hi there!

I have been feeling tightness at my tummy randomly. I asked my midwife and was told that it is due to contraction of the uterus. If it happens too frequently (like 20 times a day) should seek doctor's advice. Otherwise it's normal.

I have also experienced tailbone pain since 1st trimester. Yes no choice have to put up with the pain as it is part of pregnancy. I find that if I exercise a little and maintain good posture the pain occurs less often.

Hang in there mums! We are half way to September!
Hi shinmai_mama, perhaps u can get a cushion to sit on? My tailbone hurts a lot during 1st trimester. Then I changed chair with a colleague whose chair was much more cushiony than mine. Thereafter, the pain subsided :)

For mtb who has been getting brown discharge.
It will be good if you let your gyane know asap. As I just came back from my appt. He did a small surgery and took out some tissue down there for test. He mentioned it is call polyp that is fairly common during pregnancy. But not serious or cancerous.

Was given antibiotic and put to bed rest for 2 days.
Baby is ok and growing well. Thank god :)
Good to hear :)

Hong,

At least you are brave enough to have 3 kids...I had a discussion with my hb and we have decided to stop at 1...My hb said if we have 2, he won't be able to retire by 50 and have to slog till 60 or even 70...*boohoo*...Plus, we need to save up for our retirement too...I just read somewhere that you should have min $500K to retire and as a couple that would be $1m...I seriously doubt I can achieve that amt with 2 kids..so we have to stick with one...

Since PCF / MFS is not an option for us due to the horrible standards as mentioned by so many pple..we have to send our little one to a private CC which is easily $1K a mth...so having 2 kids is really not an option..>_<

Hi shinmai_mama, perhaps u can get a cushion to sit on? My tailbone hurts a lot during 1st trimester. Then I changed chair with a colleague whose chair was much more cushiony than mine. Thereafter, the pain subsided :)
Hi pistachiopie,

Thanks for advice. Ya it's so important to sit comfortably. At the early stage of pregnancy I was careless and sat on the floor without back support. Gosh! My poor back hurt for some time.

Hi All

I went for the detailed scan yesterday @ NUH (i am 22 weeks 1 day) and found out from the Sonographer that my baby brain fluid is more than the usual range. It is about 1.01cm?
Safe range should be 1cm and below or something. I was not paying so much attention to what she said as my mind went blank at that moment.

She added that i will need to meet with the Professor and had him check on this matter. Hence, a few hours later i went for another Ultrasound @ Kent Ridge Wing [Fetal Clinic]. The Professor was telling me that this is quite mild and that it might go away throughout the rest of my pregnancy or it could be worst. Therefore, he had also recommended me to go for;

1) Toxo Test
2) Down Syndrome Test

Anyone here is in the same situation or had previously experience this before? Please share your experience. Really need other mommy's advise here.

I hope my baby is ok. :(

Hiya, I am using Elemis Camellia Oil now..it is very lightweight and my skin absorbs it well....but I am not sure how useful it is...Btw how do you know if Clarins doesn't work for you? Do you still see stretch marks after using it? I don't see any stretch marks on my skin yet but I heard it may suddenly appear after giving birth...Tsk...

Hi dear, yup its still appearing even when I'm using Clarins Stretchmark cream... but their Huile "Tonic" Oil is a godsend! I heard its overpriced thou.

Hi All

I went for the detailed scan yesterday @ NUH (i am 22 weeks 1 day) and found out from the Sonographer that my baby brain fluid is more than the usual range. It is about 1.01cm?
Safe range should be 1cm and below or something. I was not paying so much attention to what she said as my mind went blank at that moment.

She added that i will need to meet with the Professor and had him check on this matter. Hence, a few hours later i went for another Ultrasound @ Kent Ridge Wing [Fetal Clinic]. The Professor was telling me that this is quite mild and that it might go away throughout the rest of my pregnancy or it could be worst. Therefore, he had also recommended me to go for;

1) Toxo Test
2) Down Syndrome Test

Anyone here is in the same situation or had previously experience this before? Please share your experience. Really need other mommy's advise here.

I hope my baby is ok. :(

LizaH,
My niece was detected with same condition when she is in my sister tummy but she is ok after birth, no down syndrome as my sister passed her Amino test.

What is Toxo Test? What kind of down syndrome test does the prof suggested? Did he mean Amino test? Did you go for your OSCAR Test? They should have detected earlier or it was not detected earlier and only now and suggested further test. Why not go for the further test to have ease of mind if the test is harmless to the baby?

Hong,

At least you are brave enough to have 3 kids...I had a discussion with my hb and we have decided to stop at 1...My hb said if we have 2, he won't be able to retire by 50 and have to slog till 60 or even 70...*boohoo*...Plus, we need to save up for our retirement too...I just read somewhere that you should have min $500K to retire and as a couple that would be $1m...I seriously doubt I can achieve that amt with 2 kids..so we have to stick with one...

Since PCF / MFS is not an option for us due to the horrible standards as mentioned by so many pple..we have to send our little one to a private CC which is easily $1K a mth...so having 2 kids is really not an option..>_<

Carebear,
We also want to stop at 2 but the 3 one pop up! I am not brave, shineaslights having 4th. Yes, infant is not cheap in Singapore. They can be easily 1.8k each month before sub.

Mummies,
after the details scan did the sonographer tell you the weight of your baby? Mine is 350g

Have u ladies decided on how u want to give birth? I am still thinking if I shld opt for C Sect. A few of my frens went thru that and the process seems so much faster and less painful..as compared to natural...Some of them went thru natural and couldn't push out the bb and end up with Emergency c-sect. >_<

i currently use a joie stages car seat for my 1.5 yo, the seat can be used up to 18kg, i think that sounds like can use for quite a number of years. the korean breast pump my SIL mentioned b4 i think...can't remember the brand but she said it was really rough..hahahahaha

i also using pigeon bottles. less parts to wash lol. the other day i bought a nuk water bottle for my daughter and when i took it apart to wash, i needed to read the instruction manual. i total of 6 different parts omg. but very cute design that's why i bought...

oh btw, tmr is my doc appt. so excited. haven't seen baby for 4 weeks. hope she is bigger now!

Ooh..I saw the Joie brand too...ok will go check it out...haha..1 more thing to buy...Lol...

Babibambi > It depends on your original BMI...if your BMI is around 18-21, then 1.2kg is quite little...But if your BMI is > 22, then 1.2kg is still ok..

For eg : if your height is about 1.6m and weigh about 49kg, then 1.2kg gain is quite little at this stage...Maybe try to eat more ..haha..

Babibami,
I didnt gain much weigh too and lost weight instead but I started with near 80kg so I guess I better dun gain too much. As long as my baby gained weight will do. I am hoping baby to hit 3.5kg at birth.

carebear, I opt for C-sect because I have one previously and usually gynae will suggest C-sect after knowing I have one before. My elder is natural birth via induced which took me 11hrs plus to get her out. I think she wasnt ready back then but she was already past 40 weeks. You are right, C-sect is so much faster and less pain and you dun experience much blood during confinement but you lost the experience of child birth and the healing on the wound may be longer and can only engage the post-natal massage after 3rd weeks. Are you having your 1st one? I suggest you go for natural birth unless gynae doesnt suggest because I believe all women should have once a life time experience and natural birth heal faster. For baby to work hard to push through the birth canal benefit the baby as well.

natural birth usually heals faster. i had an epsiotomy for my first and after being discharged from the hospital, maybe one week or 5 days later doesn't hurt already. but i heard for c-sec the would will hurt for a longer time. but indeed going to the toilet is very scary especially the first 2 days. but doc can prescribed stool softener and you can wash your butt after business hahaha so it's still alright i find...

babywipes : I stopped waxing years ago le..it's so painful leh!! I am considering using IPL to remove the hair there...of cos cannot go now cos preggie but I did IPL for my underarms and in just 7-8 sessions, the hair at my underarms stopped growing le..really works!

Even now, I din go for 1 year and still the hair which grows back is very fine and only like 2-3 fine strands which u can easily pluck away.

Hong, how did u manage to lose your pregnancy weight after your 1st and 2nd kid? I am very ill disciplined type..eat junk food plus not really into exercise..so I know if I gain too much weight, I can forget abt losing it..Hahaha...that's why for pple like me, can only hope dun gain much weight to start with..else will just be fat..Hahaha..

Yes, I am opting for natural birth too..but it will all depends if my bb cooperates..like engage in time etc...head in right direction...I never really thought of natural birth just because I wanna experience child birth..For me, I dun need such experience..Haha...as long as it's not painful and the bb comes out fine, I am ok..Only downside with C-sect is it takes much longer to heal..so cannot go for massage after tt....means tummy cannot flatten >_< Yes it's my first kid..haha..and most likely my only..;P

I am also thinking of buying this tummy belt..did u ladies wear tt after giving birth? I saw one of my colleague wearing that and she says it's very very effective..her waist shrunk back to 26 inches just 4 mths after giving birth leh...wow!!!

Carebear,
I lost a bit then gain back more and going uphill that is why my 3rd pregnancy I started so heavy. However, this pregnancy my appetite is no good especially at night. I can only down food that is strong flavour like curry, sour soup etc.

Whether you are nature or C-sect must buy the tummy binder and wear when u are still in hospital.

Carebear,
I lost a bit then gain back more and going uphill that is why my 3rd pregnancy I started so heavy. However, this pregnancy my appetite is no good especially at night. I can only down food that is strong flavour like curry, sour soup etc.

Whether you are nature or C-sect must buy the tummy binder and wear when u are still in hospital.

Any binder to recommend? Where to buy?

My tummy so itchy! I think stretch marks are forming :( I'm using the Clarins oil but tummy still feel itchy, any other recommendation?

Oh what do we need to prepare for confinement? I heard for those who had natural birth need to wash the vaginal area with something special. May I know what is it? And where can it be purchased from?

My tummy so itchy! I think stretch marks are forming :( I'm using the Clarins oil but tummy still feel itchy, any other recommendation?

Oh what do we need to prepare for confinement? I heard for those who had natural birth need to wash the vaginal area with something special. May I know what is it? And where can it be purchased from?
For the tummy itch I use Young living essential lavender oil with jojoba oil. I got rashes on my tummy plus stretchmarks liao so any commercial oils like clarins r out. List of confinement items to get will be given to me by my CL at a later stage. But I think some medical hall like eys or fu hua do hv a list of confinement stuff that is available. Washing of the vaginal area not sure but if natural birth, gynae will give med to wash the wound. But for me I will also get claraderm from Young living to aid in the healing process. There r also other brand available but you need to Google n find out. :)

LizaH,
My niece was detected with same condition when she is in my sister tummy but she is ok after birth, no down syndrome as my sister passed her Amino test.

What is Toxo Test? What kind of down syndrome test does the prof suggested? Did he mean Amino test? Did you go for your OSCAR Test? They should have detected earlier or it was not detected earlier and only now and suggested further test. Why not go for the further test to have ease of mind if the test is harmless to the baby?
i
Hi Hong

Toxo test is a test that checks for antibodies to the Toxoplasma gondiiparasite. Your body's natural defense system (immune system) will make these antibodies only if you have been infected by this tiny parasite. Therefore, if a pregnant woman is infected it may pass down to her baby + doctor did mentioned to me to do this test so they could detect if there is any other possibilities of other infections.

He added that Amino Test is for the DS which i have opted out from the start and no I had never heard of OSCAR Test before (which I will be goggle ling about it in a bit). Having thought of it after my last visit, I guess I will just be going for the Toxo Test and will still continue to opt out for the Amino Test as if the test result comes as a bad news, then it will just makes me depress thought-out the next 4 months.

Hence, I wish that all mommies who is reading this could say a little prayer for my little one to grow healthy. My next ultrasound will be in another 4 weeks. Hope to update you good news by then. :)

My tummy area also itchy! And not just tummy area but my chest area and back even! Haha..in fact whole upper body itchy!...Tsk...I used Aloe Vera cream to soothe the itch..it's very useful...cos it has cooling effect...But normally when the itch isn't tt bad, I use the Elemis Stretchmark Oil..so far so gd...no stretchmarks yet..*touchwood!!*

LizaH,

I don't understand..I thought your gynae will recommend you these tests when you are at your 12th-13th weeks? Especially the OSCAR or Nuchal scan...How can your gynae not tell u? It's a basic test which all pregnant women has to go through. (No risk to the bb at all). And if there is any % of DS, then it's recommended to go for Amino or CVS but nowadays there is another option - Harmony test, which u can go thru to find out if ur bb really has DS without any risk of miscarriage at all.

Back