(2015/09) Sept 2015 Mummies

Hi beanielee, I have read that from the second trimester onwards, you are not supposed to lie on your back for long hours as it will restrict oxygen flow to the bb...so if you can, try to lie on the sides when you are sleeping...the left side is most ideal..

You shld also buy a maternity pillow or use some small pillows to put against your back and bump...I just bought one online and I am gg to try it when it arrives...

Can share the online link?

Thanks for sharing. I was just about to ask for ifc too. It's my first and not really sure what to expect after birth. Will call a few centres and register first.

Hi beanielee, I have read that from the second trimester onwards, you are not supposed to lie on your back for long hours as it will restrict oxygen flow to the bb...so if you can, try to lie on the sides when you are sleeping...the left side is most ideal..

You shld also buy a maternity pillow or use some small pillows to put against your back and bump...I just bought one online and I am gg to try it when it arrives...

hi,
oh really.. alright thanks for the information. how much is the maternity pillow that u bought?
update once u use it ya.

If nanny you need to find a trusted one. some nannies also take care of other children but less than IFC so less prone to germs.
I left my girl in IFC when she was 6 mths and she did fall sick (mostly flu & cough) every month or so. But she also learn independence in IFC (keeping things after playing, try to feed herself). I heard nowadays got some IFC can pick up as late as 8pm. not sure which ones though...

Hi beanielee,

I hv tried registering for My First Skool but very full. no problems to put us on waiting list at all.

Currently we have a confirmed place at The Little Treehouse at Hougang.

hi nidellia,
i just wrote email to first skool regarding infant care waiting list. they rejected and say i am only able to put under waiting list once i have baby IC and stuff therefore have to wait. i have checked with PCF, they said the same thing too.

how u manage to put name under waiting list ah?
tried a few times but got rejected thou

Hi All, yep the pillow is called DreamGenii...I bought it in UK for 35 pounds so should be about S$70..you can try ordering from Amazon perhaps?

Yesterday was the first night I used it and I think it's very useful!...Ok basically, I feel that if you have small pillows and bolster, it can probably do the same job too..but with small pillows, they tend to move around when you move at night and sometimes you wake up with the pillow no longer in the same position at the start. This is what happened to me for few days...

With this DreamGenii, you are lying on the connected flat part so there is no way the support will move..Yesterday I had a better night rest as I had support on both sides whenever I turn without having to reposition my pillows..my HB also slept better cos whenever I reposition my pillows, he will be awaken by my movements..Haha..

This is so weird, the moment when you get your bb IC would be like few weeks after bb is born? Sorry not sure of exact timing, but wouldn't that leave you with less than 3 months to be on wait list? Most mothers have to go back to work after 4 months leh..Then they expect us to put the bb with who? The bb also need some time to adjust right?

Not everyone has parents who are available to help...

This is so weird, the moment when you get your bb IC would be like few weeks after bb is born? Sorry not sure of exact timing, but wouldn't that leave you with less than 3 months to be on wait list? Most mothers have to go back to work after 4 months leh..Then they expect us to put the bb with who? The bb also need some time to adjust right?

Not everyone has parents who are available to help...

yes exactly. now i am stuck cause i can't do anything about it.

hi nidellia,
i just wrote email to first skool regarding infant care waiting list. they rejected and say i am only able to put under waiting list once i have baby IC and stuff therefore have to wait. i have checked with PCF, they said the same thing too.

how u manage to put name under waiting list ah?
tried a few times but got rejected thou
oh I go to my first skool website and register myself online...when they ask for child particulars..i anyhow write. how do I know what number?? so from then on, they will inform the parent.

pre register online........do it....

Does anyone tummy feel itchy? I got some tiny red rashes so applying moisturizer and hope for the best.
Hi Jellyfish, I've been feeling itchy since last week. Experienced moms were telling me that's because our tummy skin is stretched thinner and prone to irritation. I have not got any rashes though. Just put on comfortably and safe moisturizer or stretch mark prevention cream. If rashes get worse, u may want to consult Dr on this. All the best !

Hihi! Can someone add me to the facebook page for Sep babies pls? My email is [email protected].
My EDD is 2nd week of Oct. I am told that I may deliver either 2 weeks early or 2 weeks late. Hence I hope to be added pls. Thank you.

Hi Jellyfish, I've been feeling itchy since last week. Experienced moms were telling me that's because our tummy skin is stretched thinner and prone to irritation. I have not got any rashes though. Just put on comfortably and safe moisturizer or stretch mark prevention cream. If rashes get worse, u may want to consult Dr on this. All the best !

Hi, I read somewhere that Bio oil is the most effective in preventing stretch marks. Hope this helps.

Dear mummies
is there a Facebook mummy page that someone can add me please
[email protected]
My edd is early oct and I think I may fall in the sep group as this is my #2
Thanks

Request sent

Hihi! Can someone add me to the facebook page for Sep babies pls? My email is [email protected].
My EDD is 2nd week of Oct. I am told that I may deliver either 2 weeks early or 2 weeks late. Hence I hope to be added pls. Thank you.
Cannot search u, pls provide FB link. If not find Summer Peh n add me

oh I go to my first skool website and register myself online...when they ask for child particulars..i anyhow write. how do I know what number?? so from then on, they will inform the parent.

pre register online........do it....
Hi..

So u manage to secure a place after the pre register online? They informed u that ur bb have vacancy how long after u per register online?

Cos I called a few centres and all need to wait for bb is born before we can register.. they dun entertain now.

Any MTB catering confinement food instead of hiring a CL?
I am deciding to order food and my MIL will help to take care of my bb...
Heard and read too much scary stories about CL (depends on luck, some do got nice ones)...

Btw how much weight have you ladies gain so far? I gained about 2kg+...not sure if it's too much or too little...Guess will gain much more in the 3rd trimester...

Hi everyone!

I am a first time mum EDD 28 Sep.

I currently reside in Japan but plan to return to SG to deliver my baby. Honestly I have no courage to deliver my baby here in Japan because other than having to cope with the language barrier, I have to go through a 100% natural labour without epidural or options for other pain relief medication... :eek:no no don't think I am ready for that. The Japanese are very pro-natural to such extent that doctors don't even prescribe supplements. In fact my gynae told me I don't need to take. I reckon the Japanese have good reasons for their way of doing things but I find it difficult to reconcile at times.

Hope that through this forum I can find out more about how ladies in SG are managing their pregnancies so that I wouldn't be at a total lost when I return to SG in a few months' time.

Cheers!

Btw how much weight have you ladies gain so far? I gained about 2kg+...not sure if it's too much or too little...Guess will gain much more in the 3rd trimester...

Hi Carebear,

If your weight before pregnancy is normal, 2kg+ gain is ok. I have also gained about this much and is considered accceptable by the strict weight management standards in Japan. We measure BMI here. 1st trimester below 24, 2nd trimester below 26 are recommended. Overall weight gain throughout pregnancy 8kg. Quite stringent and I have to watch my weight all the time

Hi Shinmai_mama,

That's great to hear! My BMI is about 19 before pregnancy..It's within the normal range for Asians. Hopefully I will gain about 8-10kg..I don't really want to gain too much too as I have seen how many of my friends have difficulty losing the extra weight after pregnancy and now they have to resort to all sorts of slimming tea, dieting pills to lose the weight..I think prevention is better than cure..Haha..

I guess most countries besides Singapore adopt a very 'relaxed' and natural approach to giving birth...Most of them don't even have the concept of confinement ladies or 'rules' such as during confinement cannot 'touch' water, cannot be in cold room etc...Lol...Maybe we Singaporeans are just kiasu...

My gynae told me that due to my smaller frame, I may have to opt for elective c-sect but he said will monitor and advise again closer to wk 30...Of course I would prefer a natural birth, but I have many friends who tried for natural birth and end up with emergency c-sect...if that's the case, I think it's better to opt for c-sect at the start..

Hi Shinmai_mama,

That's great to hear! My BMI is about 19 before pregnancy..It's within the normal range for Asians. Hopefully I will gain about 8-10kg..I don't really want to gain too much too as I have seen how many of my friends have difficulty losing the extra weight after pregnancy and now they have to resort to all sorts of slimming tea, dieting pills to lose the weight..I think prevention is better than cure..Haha..

I guess most countries besides Singapore adopt a very 'relaxed' and natural approach to giving birth...Most of them don't even have the concept of confinement ladies or 'rules' such as during confinement cannot 'touch' water, cannot be in cold room etc...Lol...Maybe we Singaporeans are just kiasu...

My gynae told me that due to my smaller frame, I may have to opt for elective c-sect but he said will monitor and advise again closer to wk 30...Of course I would prefer a natural birth, but I have many friends who tried for natural birth and end up with emergency c-sect...if that's the case, I think it's better to opt for c-sect at the start..

BMI 19 you quite skinny carebear. Can afford to put on a few more kg. For me I am just boderline... I was 22.9 at my last checkup and thought gynae was going to warn me already about my weight!

It's just not the same without confinement ladies, old wives tale and herbal tonic, sometimes I feel deprived of TLC as such...haha... and I really miss roast duck hahaha!

Don't worry about c-section yet. My friend also small frame but gave birth naturally. Am sure your gynae will give you the appropriate advice in time to come.

Shinmai_mama > I know! The food in SG is still the best...nowhere even comes close...I keep craving for SG food lately...The food alone is enough to make me think about just staying in SG and not gg overseas..Haha...I never knew how much I like the food until I go abroad..>_<

I guess I have always been the petite type..my BMI was around 17 when I was a teenager and of course it ballooned to about 21 when I started working..I lost some weight when I came to London...Probably cos lack of delicious but unhealthy SG food..*keke*...

Which part of Japan u staying at? If it's in Tokyo, then it's not too bad, I think there is still a wide range of cuisines in that area, just that the taste may not be that authentic..Haha.. I love Japanese food and kept eating it when I went Tokyo for holiday but I guess living and eating the same food for months is another different story..Haha..

I live in Osaka. For the past 2 years I seldom craved for SG food but since my pregnancy craving has been strong. Even thinking about fishball noodles makes me lose sleep haha

Hi everyone!

I am a first time mum EDD 28 Sep.

I currently reside in Japan but plan to return to SG to deliver my baby. Honestly I have no courage to deliver my baby here in Japan because other than having to cope with the language barrier, I have to go through a 100% natural labour without epidural or options for other pain relief medication... :eek:no no don't think I am ready for that. The Japanese are very pro-natural to such extent that doctors don't even prescribe supplements. In fact my gynae told me I don't need to take. I reckon the Japanese have good reasons for their way of doing things but I find it difficult to reconcile at times.

Hope that through this forum I can find out more about how ladies in SG are managing their pregnancies so that I wouldn't be at a total lost when I return to SG in a few months' time.

Cheers!

Hi Shinmai_mama, since you will be returning to Sg to deliver, have you found a gynea?

Hi, any mummies can help? I came down with a fever, flu and cough last last Friday. Fever lasted for three days. Saw a doctor and given simple flu n cough medicine. This week I had a fever again from 37.5 to 37.8 since Monday. Flu and cough still going on. Not sure what to do.

Hi, anyone feeling baby move already? I felt them since early April and the baby was super active on Sat. But from Sunday, there wasn't much. Yesterday barely felt anything. Is this normal? Anyone having the same experience? Worried.

Prettiesnow, you should continue to rest, something viral fever will last longer. Do you have any cut or infection? Drink more water, eat light and rest more. I have being coughing for nearly 2 months. I visited our regular TCM to take chinese medicine, it gets better but not completely gone. I stop after my 2 dosage of TCM, I let my body do self healing, meanwhile I am using essential oil to help me if my cough turns bad.

Prettiesnow, is it viral fever or do u have any cut or infections? Viral fever will last longer and your fever are low grade fever. Rest well, have plentiful of water and eat light.

Mummies, these is a talk coming organise by Cordlife - "All Things about confinement" . I am thinking to go or not to go, will be a good refresher course for me since my last confinement is 9 yr ago.

Anyone sign up cordlife? I am thinking to donate my baby cord blood to public bank.

Back