(2015/09) Sept 2015 Mummies

Carebear,
thank you so much. My test is coming next Tuesday.

Phoebe,
can you wait? All the aircon in the house not working? You will not want your MIL to make any nasty comments later. Anyway will started to cool down a little in Sept.

Carebear - i am commuting between HK and SG now as its only a short 3.5hours flight. I wanted to give birth in SG as i get the comfort of everything here and dont need to face my in laws nagging la.. hahahaha.... Also i am saving much more giving birth in SG as HK is very expensive for childbirth.. i save about 10K sgd if i give birth in SG. A caesarean birth for a singled bedded in HK will set me back about 25-30K SGD for 5 day 4 night stay.

I gain about 8kg so far.. sob sob sob ... already in maternity clothes for over a month... my first child i gain a total of 25kg i guess this time will be abt the same at the end... hopefully i can shed them all off like my first child i shed all off in about 6 mths.

Hi hong,

All the best for your result! it will be good :)

Most of us are already in 2nd trimester... anyone started to feel their babies kungfu kicks?
I already can feel my baby kicks when i was in my 12 weeks.
Maybe it is my 2nd pregnancy... thats why i can identify his kicks earlier
its really v amazing... :)

My first child this one. I can't identify what is kick! I read a lot about the kicks but till now haven't really feel it yet. :(

Hello mummies,

Just to share. I went to afond spa for a prenatal massage today. Abt $115 for 90min. It's a massage with very light strokes which made me feel like it's money wasted. But after the massage my headache subsided a lot. I have been having frequent headaches lately.

I should be going to the highly raved babybellies next when I hit 20 weeks. Please share your prenat massage reviews too!

aveave - i tried to get myself on the fb for ages but i think admin not active anymore so i guess just have to wait and see when she comes online. Zaclin had tried her best to get everyone on but she is not admin so she cannot grant access. Is everyone on watsapp? If so, maybe we can create one as some of the mommies are overseas too so it be great to be able to connect on the go! :)

I have some small kicks and abit like baby scratching my lower tummy... this is 2nd baby so i guess can feel it sooner... quite surprise too to feel it so early.

Anyone going to the expo fair? Have a great weekend ladies! :)

aveave - i tried to get myself on the fb for ages but i think admin not active anymore so i guess just have to wait and see when she comes online. Zaclin had tried her best to get everyone on but she is not admin so she cannot grant access. Is everyone on watsapp? If so, maybe we can create one as some of the mommies are overseas too so it be great to be able to connect on the go! :)

I have some small kicks and abit like baby scratching my lower tummy... this is 2nd baby so i guess can feel it sooner... quite surprise too to feel it so early.

Anyone going to the expo fair? Have a great weekend ladies! :)
Hey thanks for informing yeah. I think whatsapp is a great idea.

I'm heading to expo tomorrow... I need to buy a baby car seat!

Yeah I use WhatsApp more often than fb too. Please let me know if we are setting up one.

We r heading to Expo tmr as well. But God I don't know what I need to buy yet... lol. Hope I'll get sth really useful and value for money. :)

Xjinxting - thanks for your help! Have PM you.

Expo today I be heading down alone as hubby in Hk... :( leaving my son at my friends place whose residing at east coast as I can't handle a 6 year old and lugging all those stuff in huge expo!

Old folks tend to be more conservative so will ask mommies to only start buying things from 7 month as baby by Tis time is stable and ready for birth... Reason being we still have a detailed scan to check baby neck thickness around 5th month and there is of coz one in a million chance that baby may not be well for delivery which is why old folks can be concern and advise us not to buy too much things b4 7 month.

But.... I always feel as long as mommy healthy and stay happy all will be well!!! :) rather not think of all these and enjoy the pregnancy journey.. After all this may well be the last pregnancy for some of us ladies..

Hi joc3lyn, I went to the baby's market ytd. Just to look look see see and familiarise myself. Notices lots of ppl at the philip booth. Most of ppl bought cot mattress and playmat. Not sure if theres any good buys cuz its my first time as well.

Me too... first timer there getting confused by all the products. Don't know what to buy also. But I bought a baby cot. Seemed many moms r buying so should be worth it.

Hi there, you are definitely not alone for dozing off at work.... I'm in 15th week and have been yawning every now and then in office too. Probably because I wasn't getting good quality sleep at night. Had to wake up midnight to empty my bladder almost every night. But my colleagues understand. Hope the same for u!

Hi Mummy,

I am almost dozing off in office while replying to this. hehe! I just reached 16th Week, EDD 27th Sept and I'm still feeling the fatique. Partly because i had to get up 2-3 times to empty my bladder and I'm also tired due to work and night classes.

My colleagues are not "mummy-friendly" most of them are not married so they wouldnt understand. But, i'll just do my work at my own pace, without stressing myself. :):) Hope we'll make it thru yah!

morning mummies. just to share for my first girl, i bought a cot but end up din use coz she co sleep with us in the first 4months thereafter she moved down to a mattress on the floor in our room. the cot just wouldn't fit into our room :D. it would be good to buy breast pump also if you intend to breastfeed. electric and double pump is definitely better as single pump wastes too much time.
for this second baby, i am going to buy a graco play yard, which is smaller than a cot but higher than our bed so that changing her will be a lot easier on my back. i feel this is important as epidural goes into our back and also we carry a baby for 9 months. i remember last time i had to bend over to change my #1 and sometimes feel backache.
you also need to buy clothes, washclothes, towel, babywipes, waterproof changing mat, bathtub and stroller. :)

Anyone have any good buys from the babyfair during weekends? I just went to take a look on the pram and carseat but not getting this round. However, I bought back baby yogurt bites because my 11 yo daughter like the snack very much.

Iampretty, wow you must be very thin to start with so you can afford to put on 25kg for ur 1st pregnancy. I can also feel the kick on and off now.

hihi
if want to be add to fb grp. pls mk sure that u change the setting to be public so anybody can send friend request. thanks

Hi ladies,

I've been following this thread for awhile and finally got down to registering. Its my first baby and my EDD is 6 Sept.

Am currently looking around for infant care.. May i know if it is too early to register for infant care? I called 1 centre and they told me they can only put me on waitlist until i have the birth cert. Is this true for all centres? Appreciate if any experienced mommies can advise.

Thanks!

nope. some ifc will put u on waitlist even if u are preggie. just call a few ifc and ask. u may also wish to go take a look first to see if u are comfy with the enviroment n teachers.

Hi ladies,

I've been following this thread for awhile and finally got down to registering. Its my first baby and my EDD is 6 Sept.

Am currently looking around for infant care.. May i know if it is too early to register for infant care? I called 1 centre and they told me they can only put me on waitlist until i have the birth cert. Is this true for all centres? Appreciate if any experienced mommies can advise.

Thanks!
Yes, I call some infant care, but only can pre-register after i have the birth cert. I intend to send my bb to infant care after 6mth when i finish the breastfeeding. Hope i can get a slot after 6mth in waiting list.

I just saw a Mummy Market posting on Facebook. There's another expo: Baby World 10-12 July 2015 @ Singapore Expo. Hopefully I can start buying baby stuffs then... my MIL and mother a bit pantang said better to start buying items when you enter your 3rd tri o_O

Hi Jesdreamz,

You have to register early. My edd is 13 Oct. Oredi paid for a vacancy in Mar 2016.

For infant care vacancy, It is very difficult to get a slot. So better call and register and tell them roughly which month you need. They can register for you and put on waitlist until there is vacancy and call you up to confirm.

Cheers!

Hi ladies,

Thanks!

Hong - I was about 42 b4 preg for my first child and put on 25kg. Tis 2nd preg i was 46kg but oredi steadily putting on weight.. sigh... scared cant lose it off..

For Expo, i end up buying only Korean diapers and Pureen bottle wash...

hi to all mummies.
anyone experience breathless during night time when lying down?
anyone experience tightness in stomach?
experiencing both of these lately..

Hi Jesdreamz,

You have to register early. My edd is 13 Oct. Oredi paid for a vacancy in Mar 2016.

For infant care vacancy, It is very difficult to get a slot. So better call and register and tell them roughly which month you need. They can register for you and put on waitlist until there is vacancy and call you up to confirm.

Cheers!

hi nidellia,
you register for which school?
i call them up to check for infant care, they advise that i am only able to put in waiting list only after i have baby IC number?
which makes me kinda worried that by then there is no slots anymore..

hi nidellia,
you register for which school?
i call them up to check for infant care, they advise that i am only able to put in waiting list only after i have baby IC number?
which makes me kinda worried that by then there is no slots anymore..
Hi beanielee,

I hv tried registering for My First Skool but very full. no problems to put us on waiting list at all.

Currently we have a confirmed place at The Little Treehouse at Hougang.

Carebear - i am commuting between HK and SG now as its only a short 3.5hours flight. I wanted to give birth in SG as i get the comfort of everything here and dont need to face my in laws nagging la.. hahahaha.... Also i am saving much more giving birth in SG as HK is very expensive for childbirth.. i save about 10K sgd if i give birth in SG. A caesarean birth for a singled bedded in HK will set me back about 25-30K SGD for 5 day 4 night stay.

I gain about 8kg so far.. sob sob sob ... already in maternity clothes for over a month... my first child i gain a total of 25kg i guess this time will be abt the same at the end... hopefully i can shed them all off like my first child i shed all off in about 6 mths.

Sylvia > What?? S$25-30K for a caesarean birth in HK???? OMG..I am shocked..hahaha...Is this the price for non locals or locals alike? Wow..Yes, u made the right decision to give birth in SG and besides HK and SG is only a short flight away as u mentioned...

U gained 8kg? That's a lot..haha..So far I only managed to gain 1kg (barely) and maybe at the end of 9 mths, my total weight gain would be abt 8kg..hahaha..
I am very ill disciplined in terms of diet and exercise so I think if I gain a lot of weight, I won't be able to lose them like you and the weight will just be stuck on me for years...Lol...

Hi Mummies-to-be, I am also thinking of sending my bb to Infant Care when I am back in SG...But some of my frens also suggested sending to a Nanny instead..So I don't know which is better..Infant Care or Nanny? Price wise should be the same right? Since Infant Care cost around $1K+ a month?

My frens said if send to Nanny, the picking up time more flexible than infant care...and the baby won't get sick so easily cos not exposed to all the virus from other babies...is this true?

Hi ladies,

Thanks!
U are late le.. my friend go book hers she say Jan2016 due mummy already chop place le

hi to all mummies.
anyone experience breathless during night time when lying down?
anyone experience tightness in stomach?
experiencing both of these lately..

Hi Mummies-to-be, I am also thinking of sending my bb to Infant Care when I am back in SG...But some of my frens also suggested sending to a Nanny instead..So I don't know which is better..Infant Care or Nanny? Price wise should be the same right? Since Infant Care cost around $1K+ a month?

My frens said if send to Nanny, the picking up time more flexible than infant care...and the baby won't get sick so easily cos not exposed to all the virus from other babies...is this true?

I left my no 1 in infantcare when he was 4mths old. first 2 mths was smooth. then he started to have high fever which goes up to 40. for the next 3mths he had bad cough which require inhaler and another bout of high fever . thereafter he is ok. till now for almost 6mths.. he have not fallen sick at all. guess he immune to the viruses already. he is reaching 18mths now.

Anyone have any good buys from the babyfair during weekends? I just went to take a look on the pram and carseat but not getting this round. However, I bought back baby yogurt bites because my 11 yo daughter like the snack very much.

Iampretty, wow you must be very thin to start with so you can afford to put on 25kg for ur 1st pregnancy. I can also feel the kick on and off now.
Hi hong,what's the intensity of the kicks? I haberdasher felt any yet....

Hi beanielee, I have read that from the second trimester onwards, you are not supposed to lie on your back for long hours as it will restrict oxygen flow to the bb...so if you can, try to lie on the sides when you are sleeping...the left side is most ideal..

You shld also buy a maternity pillow or use some small pillows to put against your back and bump...I just bought one online and I am gg to try it when it arrives...

Back