(2015/09) Sept 2015 Mummies

I think mine may be ectopic pregnancy....last Thursday I took a HCG test at GP near my workplace and the result is out the next day. My HCG level is only 708 (indicates 3-4 weeks, but from my calculation, I should be around 6 weeks). I was very worried and decide to get a 2nd opinion from a gynae, thus went to this gynae in JB (IVF Bridge Fertility centre Johor,opposite Pelangi Plaza, coz it was a planned family trip originally to JB for shopping on Sat). It was a very bad experience. My hubby and I spent almost 2 hrs of waiting time, and when it was finally our turn, the doctor seemed very impatient when I was trying to explain to him my situation. During ultrasound scanning, the doctor pressed on my tummy so hard that I wanted to shout out in pain. He kept saying "cannot see anything" and "kosong"...I told him my Singapore gynae managed to see a waterbag on 30 Dec, his reply was "I also dunno how he see something, but it is kosong"...then he asked me to go back Singapore to take HCG test again, without even offering that option for me to take it in his clinic. I was very sad at that time, so I suggested if he can try vaginal scan instead, when he was trying to wave us off. He said ok. Then I requested if I can go to bathroom first coz my bladder was very full as we had waiting for 2 hrs. He just basically chased us out and made us wait outside for another 3-4 patients before calling us in again. By that time my hubby was very angry with the doctor's attitude.

When we went into the consultation room the 2nd time, the doctor is very rough while doing the vaginal scan. Even when he first poke the probe in, he already started to say kosong 1 sec after the probe got into me. Very rude doctor and lousy work attitude. He kept repeating "kosong" several times and waved us off after the scan....After that scan, I had some brown spotting and felt quite painful for the rest of yesterday. It was really a very sad incident and my hubby and I decide to share it here to warn others abt this doctor. He is the only doctor in this clinic though there are 2 consultation rooms. Basically the patient waits inside the room when called, till he finishes with the other patient in the other consultation room (to minimize his waiting time I guess).

I have decided to arrange to another earlier session with my SG gynae next week (originally my next appointment is 27 Jan)...Have prepared for the worst scenario but deep inside,still feeling very upset and cried several time yesterday...had a hard time trying to smile and act normal in front of my mother-in-law and brother-in-law's family coz we were all on jb trip yesterday, just that both my hubby and I left the group a while to do that "bad experienced" scan...we didn't mentioned it to other family members, thus I have to act normal for the rest of the day...I really hope that the JB gynae was wrong and I still have my baby, just that he is hiding somewhere thus cannot be detected yesterday.
Take care!! Hope to hear gd news!!

Oh okay. Mine was on off too.. but i jus super worry.. hope my scanning this coming sat will be alright..
Hmm if u r really worried can go see gynae earlier for a peace of mind..no harm lo:) else u hv to kp worrying:( maybe if gynae kiasu like mine will prescribe progesterone pill to 'an tai':).though i didnt take

Last edited:
Saw my gynae today. I've been having on-off cramps too which i dont remember having for my first pregnancy. He told me there's a blood clot next to the baby and i had to go back 2 weeks later to see if there's baby heartbeat... so worried.

Hope everything will turn out well for u!

Should we be consuming 400 or 800 mcg of folic acid in tablet form? In our meals, we will definitely consume some mcg so if we take 800mcg tablet, will we be over-consuming and it be harmful instead?

Should we be consuming 400 or 800 mcg of folic acid in tablet form? In our meals, we will definitely consume some mcg so if we take 800mcg tablet, will we be over-consuming and it be harmful instead?
how much did ur gynae advise u to tk? i went to gurdiance to buy utility brand folic acid. i think the instruction state to take 1 tablet everyday which is ard 5mg

Taking only 1mg folic. Think 400 mcg is supposed to suffice unless there's some history..

Are there any teachers in charge of sports here?spent the whole night worrying about getting hit by the ball. Do you think i m worrying too much or is it a cause of concern and valid reason to request for change of cca? Sigh

how much did ur gynae advise u to tk? i went to gurdiance to buy utility brand folic acid. i think the instruction state to take 1 tablet everyday which is ard 5mg

I am only 2-3 weeks. Didn't visit any gynae yet. I read online is 400 to 800 mcg per day.

I read that we should visit gynae around week 6. So that's the date based on first day of last period or your perceived conceived date?

i onli had sex once on my ovulation day on jan 02..based on the calculator, my edd shd be ard 24 sept..haa..but both my kids were out earlier at week 37..
so i guess maybe #3 also

hey mummies
althou i have not tested but i tink im preg too :) going to test ltr..
this is my 3rd child..haa..am i the one with the most kids ??
Congrats and seems like they r of close age gap. They will definitely have fun growing up together. :D

I am only 2-3 weeks. Didn't visit any gynae yet. I read online is 400 to 800 mcg per day.

I read that we should visit gynae around week 6. So that's the date based on first day of last period or your perceived conceived date?

before i visited my gynae, i alrdy start taking folic acid even b4 im planning for baby. i think u can start taking now. can buy frm ntuc, guardiance. i bought utility brand. take according to the instruction given.
if ur cycle is regular, ur ovalution shld b ard day 14 which means conception shld b ard that few days. u count frm frm there

Hi All, I tested positive on 8th Jan, which state that Im 2-3 weeks pregnant. This is my second pregnancy, first kid is 3 years old. May I know when should I go for my first gynae check up? I remembered I went during the 6-7 week for my first kid and the gynae had to do the vagina scan to hear the heartbeat. I'm not comfortable with the vagina scan as it hurts quite a bit for me. When should I go for my first visit to skip the vagina scan?? Haha.. but don't feel real and safe until I hear from the gynae mouth that everything is ok.

Haa tested but negative . but got a feeling im preg. Will test again tmr. Yea mine kids 3.5 yrs, 21 mths . I wan gap nearer

Babyfaery I tink u wait till 7-8 weeks then see gynae for bb HB. If too early go, have to check HB via vagina. Both my kids first HB via vagina cuz I go there when I'm ard 6 weeks preg

Thanks!!! Its ok not to go so early right???

Yes, is fine as long as u do not have abnormal discharge, bleeding.
Just start eating the folic acid and healthily. Best to go around 7-8 weeks when u can see the baby and the heartbeat without the need to go through V scan. I really dislike the V scan.

Thanks for info Dama.!waa I also wanna go but worry about bumping into pp as it is still first trimester..hmmm

How about Caroline Khi ..think she s at tmc maybe she delivers at mt A..not too sure..she has gd reviews:)

I'm thinking of going for the fair too!! Maybe go on a Fri.. Hopefully, not as many people as the weekend..
I've also shortlisted her as one of my gynae.. Planning to deliver at TMC.

Yes, is fine as long as u do not have abnormal discharge, bleeding.
Just start eating the folic acid and healthily. Best to go around 7-8 weeks when u can see the baby and the heartbeat without the need to go through V scan. I really dislike the V scan.
I have already start taking multi vitamins (obimin) Ok right? I hate the V scan too!!!!

Is TMC gd? Also considering but saw some bad experiences in forum:/
I read somewhere that their delivery wards are quite small so baby has to be taken out to be measured. I'm thinking of going for their tour to take a look though..
What are the negative ones that u read? Can share? :)

Jaskel Caroline is from.acj clinic rite ? My both gers were delivered by adrian tan. V ex lo.
Yup.. I prefer a more chatty gynae who gives advice more freely coz since it's my first pregnancy, I'll be super blur as to what need to ask & take note.. o_O
How much is dr Adrian tan charges? I'll assume Caroline charges about the same? Since they are in the same clinic..

Jaskel tink adrain tan is the senior in acj. I paid 3200/cash for #1 in 2011, paid 6200k cash for #2 in 2013 !! Both also natural delivery lo. Both one bedder too. See the fees increased so much within 2 yrs. Bu

But adrain tan is a v frenly, chatty , cheerful gynae :) I had v long labour , 14 hrs for #1 and 19hrs for #2. But I managed to deliver naturally with his help. He is gd

Jaskel tink adrain tan is the senior in acj. I paid 3200/cash for #1 in 2011, paid 6200k cash for #2 in 2013 !! Both also natural delivery lo. Both one bedder too. See the fees increased so much within 2 yrs. Bu
Wow!! Almost double!! Fees abit on the high end but probably coz he is a senior doc too.. Hmm.. Will consider.. Thanks so much! :)

Hi Sane, did doc prescribed the medicine for you or you got them on your own? My gynae whom I think is the same as yours, Dr Han only gave me Vit b6 and prostergerne.

Hi Sane, did doc prescribed the medicine for you or you got them on your own? My gynae whom I think is the same as yours, Dr Han only gave me Vit b6 and prostergerne.

We r seeing the same gynae :) Dr Han will prescribe for u when u r in 2nd tri. However he don't believe in DHA oil, i have to request for it.

Thanks for your wishes damahome. Same to u too!

Dr Esther Ng is also one of the gynaes I am considering. I am still considering if I can accept a male gynae. Of course with female will be more comfortable.
So from week 1 to 6 you did not visit any normal GP or gynae? So week 7 is your first visit to a gynae?

Do you visit Dr Esther Ng at her clinic at Mt A? Can you share with me her charges? TIA! =)

Hi junk_foodie, I just went to see Dr Ng today. Waiting time wasn't too long. Probably becoz it's a weekday. I find Dr Ng very motherly and very encouraging.

1st time charge was $250 coz she gave me all the multi-vits that I need. She did mention that subsequent visit should be cheaper around $95+.

I read somewhere that their delivery wards are quite small so baby has to be taken out to be measured. I'm thinking of going for their tour to take a look though..
What are the negative ones that u read? Can share? :)
Think there were some complaints about the nurses hee but can't rem details

Hello mommies. Waaaa......few days didnt login n seen pages chat are in numbers. M going for my first scan this Friday. My nausea is bad n i hardly eat no cravings at all.....it's sooooo soooo sooo different from my first pregnancy. :confused::confused:

Hope all the mommies here are doing fine.

want to buy bird nest so i can start to eat during t2. anybody can intro where to buy good n clean one? my sister used to buy frm fu hua. she say have to spend alot time plucking the fur

rrly? But alot pple recommend me fu hua also..

dunno leh.. i got no experience in buying.. thats wat she told me when she soaked the birdnest in water, she says can see alot fur floating. n she has to pluck the remaining fur. dunno if it is normal:confused:

dunno leh.. i got no experience in buying.. thats wat she told me when she soaked the birdnest in water, she says can see alot fur floating. n she has to pluck the remaining fur. dunno if it is normal:confused:

I got fr Fu hua, no feather .... maybe depends on grade too? Or else can get the bottled one and take a spoonful before sleep every night.
Sort of help to curb my MS too :D

Back