(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Mummies, may I know is ur LO sleep on pillow? I only fold cloth diaper and let him sleep on it since birth. Nor sure should I let him sleep on pillow?
I removed pillow eversince he starts flipping. Only give when i need yo change him out of wet clothes n diapers if he just had his milk. Read that u can slot the pillow under bedsheet to be safer.

After a night of staycation with 3 monsters, i feel sooo zombified. Lo puked 8x thru the nite cos of the pghlem.. Went polyclinic, but i dun feel comfortable with the medicine tat was prescribed. Yawnz.. Wonder how to pass thru the day at work later. Seeing him so sick like so pitiful.. But lucky he is still active ..

I give lo pillow to sleep but he dun like... So i jus put there to prevent him from squirming n knocking his head if he wakes up..

Yeah, my #1 skipped flipped and crawling.. She started walking after 13months.. So when she was young, super easy to tk care, cos she sure wont flip or crawl ard... Haha. But now 4yo, she start crawling ard the hse to make up for the loss @.@
Oh! So it really can happen?! Haha I didn't know! OK let's see if mine will skip those steps...

Arghhhh so dats wat happened! All e signs r there - very easily woken up, shorter sleeping times n extremely cranky cos too tired. I had to carry him e entire morning today, until my arm aches now.

Thks!! Nothing much we can do about it tho…

yah nothing much we can do about it....my girl starts waking up twice in the night nowadays! OMG.....if this becomes permanent....i really zombie to work everyday. LOL

I'm paying her $500 + $60 per mth (as compensation for 3 off-days that she doesn't take). She has 1 off day in a mth. I would actually like her to take all 4 days in a mth off! So that I can no need to take care of one more person every Sun.. haha.. but also cannot cos she wants to earn the extra money home..

The agency fee and insurance are one time payment?

Every month only need to pay her salary, food and maid levy right?

The agency fee and insurance are one time payment?

Every month only need to pay her salary, food and maid levy right?

Hi Hi...haven't logged in a for a while!! Hope all the mummies are coping well?

Yes, the agency fees and insurance is once off.
On top of that, you need to pay off the loan that your helper took to come to SG to work. The loan amount will be deducted from her salary. As such, you need not pay her salary for a couple of months (depending on how much is her loan). However, some helper do request for small amount of allowance.

Subsequently, you pay her salary + pay levy ($60 for child below 16 yo) monthly. No need to give her any extra for food but you need to provide food for her.

My boy likes to stand or sit. He don't like to lie down for long also.. I don't even see him attempt to flip, he will just keep grabbing his feets..lol

My girl started holding both her feet with her hands before she roll over. While she is lying down and holding her feet, she is off balance and roll to the side (sometimes I push her a little). After that, I encourage her to roll over by putting a toy / something she likes at the side so that she can see it but can't touch. She will try to touch it and will roll over. You can try to see if this works for your baby :)

My girl started holding both her feet with her hands before she roll over. While she is lying down and holding her feet, she is off balance and roll to the side (sometimes I push her a little). After that, I encourage her to roll over by putting a toy / something she likes at the side so that she can see it but can't touch. She will try to touch it and will roll over. You can try to see if this works for your baby :)
My boy also starts to touch his feet but when I put his toys at the side he will just lie there and watch haha never intend to touch it!!! Super lazy la.. -_-

I went to Dr Liew Woei Kang at Gleneagles. He came as a recommendation from my sis fren who has a 6 yr old with eczema since newborn. :)
@happycsk thanks for the recommendation. Brought my boy to see Dr Liew today and find very patient and good. He takes the effort to find out the cause of eczema and very attentive towards our queries. My son went for the skin test n tested negative for food allergens so he is proposing me other remedies to play safe n to take his poo for further testing. Now I gotta switch him to soy formula and as much as breastmilk if possible. At least i can rest my mind then to play the guessing game. Hopefully lo will get better. For those keen, Dr Liew fr sbcc Gleneagles, consultation around $170 plus skin test total $300 plus.

Nearly had a shock of my life when one of the mommies here in hk mentioned that 5in1 and 6 in 1 vaccinations for 4 mth and 6 mth respectively are out of stock in hk. Supposed to do a vaccination for 4 mths this sat at a private pd and I called the nurse and she said it's out of stock till May 2016!!!!!!! Tried calling other pds and all out of stock cos the supplier stopped bringing to hk till next year. This definitely won't happen in singapore at all! So we had to end up calling a govt clinic (like a polyclinic) but they only have 4 in 1 and pneumoccocal. Well better than nothing. Guess we take vaccinations in singapore for granted! I miss singapore ' s efficiency!

Mine sleep like that too lady night. My hubby was very worried she cant breathe. I intend to swaddle her again tonight..
I turn my lo back a few times at night cos i scared he cant breathe well. But he will tilt his head a bit to the side. So not tat worried.

I turn my lo back a few times at night cos i scared he cant breathe well. But he will tilt his head a bit to the side. So not tat worried.
Gosh ytd night she also slept like that and i kept turning her back too. Til i couldnt sleep well. Woke up 3x for bf, and 1x coz she flipped. Good thing i will wake up whenever she is moving alot. Actually i still swaddle her but ytd she freed herself from it. No swaddle, no blanket, in aircon room, yet she slept so soundly.. I put my quilt on top of her legs and immediately she kicked it too. Alamak.. Gg to wash the sleepsack and let her wear it tonight.

@happycsk thanks for the recommendation. Brought my boy to see Dr Liew today and find very patient and good. He takes the effort to find out the cause of eczema and very attentive towards our queries. My son went for the skin test n tested negative for food allergens so he is proposing me other remedies to play safe n to take his poo for further testing. Now I gotta switch him to soy formula and as much as breastmilk if possible. At least i can rest my mind then to play the guessing game. Hopefully lo will get better. For those keen, Dr Liew fr sbcc Gleneagles, consultation around $170 plus skin test total $300 plus.

Glad you went to him. He's very calm and patient...I was very flustered and anxious about my girl's condition haha. my girl tested negative for milk protein/soy protein allergy too but she was really flaring up bad every other day on both formulas. Did not go to the poo testing stage...interesting to know if any reason why he suggest to test poo?

Yes, after visiting him, hubs and I both felt peace of mind because we have proper direction and professional advice to know what to do next...before that really quite lost on what to do next.

Gosh ytd night she also slept like that and i kept turning her back too. Til i couldnt sleep well. Woke up 3x for bf, and 1x coz she flipped. Good thing i will wake up whenever she is moving alot. Actually i still swaddle her but ytd she freed herself from it. No swaddle, no blanket, in aircon room, yet she slept so soundly.. I put my quilt on top of her legs and immediately she kicked it too. Alamak.. Gg to wash the sleepsack and let her wear it tonight.

hey...what I do is to place a heavy buckwheat pillow and bolster on the side she likes to flip over at. It prevents her from flipping over and gives us a peace of mind while we sleep. If not she will flip and then scream for help hahaha coz dunno how to flip back yet.

Oh and I swaddle her to sleep still at 4 mths old now. I use woombie zip swaddle coz I cannot allow her to struggle free in the normal wrap swaddling...she will scratch her face crazy coz of her eczema. LOL.

anyone has recommendations for where to go for hair cut for 4 month old baby?
My girl has very long fringe touching her eyes but part of her back is bare coz alot of baby hair dropped off.
I dont intend to shave her botak but just want to trim the sides and fringe shorter....

Glad you went to him. He's very calm and patient...I was very flustered and anxious about my girl's condition haha. my girl tested negative for milk protein/soy protein allergy too but she was really flaring up bad every other day on both formulas. Did not go to the poo testing stage...interesting to know if any reason why he suggest to test poo?

Yes, after visiting him, hubs and I both felt peace of mind because we have proper direction and professional advice to know what to do next...before that really quite lost on what to do next.
He was saying though tested negative on food allergens via skin test, there are still small percentage of cases where test result do not show and to play safe he wants to check poo as well. I just got the poo results also negative. Now i can only monitor him on soy formula n increase moisturising. Atopiclair he suggests only use on redder spots n whole body use moisturising cream or lotion at least four times per day. Steroid only when condition worsens.

My girl has very long fringe touching her eyes but part of her back is bare coz alot of baby hair dropped off.
I dont intend to shave her botak but just want to trim the sides and fringe shorter....
I used huaxia taimaobi coz i wanted get him a calligraphy brush and stamp for umbilical cord. With such purchase or above $88, haircut is free n can be done at home.

Ah I see. He did mention that based on my girls blood test results on blood cell counts and all the chim stuff showing up on the test, he feels there is an allergy going on but it's not showing up as absolute positive in test.

Unfortunately atopiclair does nothing for my baby. Physiogel AI cream works better on anti inflammatory use for her. Her condition is a bit better now after switching to Neocate formula (non milk based) and its slightly more controllable without steroids and clearing up easier although I see red bumps here and there. I'm using Gaia Skin soothing lotion for the past 2 days to prevent the red areas from spreading, so I'm still waiting to see if it will work.

I used huaxia taimaobi coz i wanted get him a calligraphy brush and stamp for umbilical cord. With such purchase or above $88, haircut is free n can be done at home.

Ooooh I see. My hubs refused to cut her hair so I can only convince him to please bring her for a trim coz really looking quite crazy with hair all over the place now. I also like the taimaobi idea actually!

Ah I see. He did mention that based on my girls blood test results on blood cell counts and all the chim stuff showing up on the test, he feels there is an allergy going on but it's not showing up as absolute positive in test.

Unfortunately atopiclair does nothing for my baby. Physiogel AI cream works better on anti inflammatory use for her. Her condition is a bit better now after switching to Neocate formula (non milk based) and its slightly more controllable without steroids and clearing up easier although I see red bumps here and there. I'm using Gaia Skin soothing lotion for the past 2 days to prevent the red areas from spreading, so I'm still waiting to see if it will work.
Just bought the AI cream for LO. Where did u buy neocate from?

Just bought the AI cream for LO. Where did u buy neocate from?

Prescribed by dr Liew, bought first tin from the guardian below his clinic. Actually don't need prescription, can buy off the counter also I realized.

Edit to add:
But it's really the last resort to try if baby really allergic to protein and must be under advice of doctor. I really hope she will outgrow her allergy and can start to enjoy cow's milk again.

Last edited:
Today another milestone for my bb.. She can flip over from tummy position to sleeping on her back hehe.. Now not too worried if she sleeps on her chest coz she can turn herself over..

Last edited:
Anyone knows how to keep the cooler bag and gel pack clean? Do I need to wash thr cooler everyday since its wet? Will it be moudy if i dont?

Hi mummies, my LO is 5m 1wk, nanny has started to give him porridge. My nanny got 4 kids. She has her own opinion of raising bb. I m FTM and can't comment much also. Do you think is ok to give bb porridge?

Hi mummies, my LO is 5m 1wk, nanny has started to give him porridge. My nanny got 4 kids. She has her own opinion of raising bb. I m FTM and can't comment much also. Do you think is ok to give bb porridge?

My MIL start giving my boy few teaspoon of porridge soup + a little grain to prep him for more solid as he still don't really know how to swallow.. Actually my PD said my boy is ready for solid..

What i heard if bb looks keen on our food, ok to start early. As fast as 4mths old, as late as 6mths old. Some said better start with the most plain fruits first.. Like avocado..

What i heard if bb looks keen on our food, ok to start early. As fast as 4mths old, as late as 6mths old. Some said better start with the most plain fruits first.. Like avocado..

My PD suggests don't wait till too late then start solid.. My boy looks happy when he sees people eating.. Planning to let him trh avocado tomorrow...

My PD suggests don't wait till too late then start solid.. My boy looks happy when he sees people eating.. Planning to let him trh avocado tomorrow...

Hi, you mean fresh avocado n direct feed him? Can I give fresh apple to my bb? saw in the Internet some they cook the apple n make into puree.

Hi, you mean fresh avocado n direct feed him? Can I give fresh apple to my bb? saw in the Internet some they cook the apple n make into puree.

Ya. Plan to mix with a bit of BM and feed him.. I tried fresh apple and he likes it. But later on I read that need to steam better.. So I try to steam but the apple taste a bit sour after steam and my boy don't like it..

Anyone using Hegen milk bottle? If any mommies here have used it before, I hope I could have some review here before I buy for my baby which is going to be due soon. :) thanks in advance!

I went to QB house for kids at vivocity for LO first haircut. Quite ex at $16 for weekdays and $20 on weekends. I find the aunties are patient and know how to coax bb, they take time to make sure bb is comfortable and have nice haircut.

I chanced upon Pigeon baby masks at isetan scotts today! Not N95 kind but normal mask for dirt, 3pcs at $7.90. I let bb wear today, thought he will pull it off but he sems ok to wear it, guess he thinks i was playing with him! I will let him wear on those moments where he will be exposed to the haze, like waiting for the car, hope he will still like it

IMG-20151003-WA0004-1.jpg

I chanced upon Pigeon baby masks at isetan scotts today! Not N95 kind but normal mask for dirt, 3pcs at $7.90. I let bb wear today, thought he will pull it off but he sems ok to wear it, guess he thinks i was playing with him! I will let him wear on those moments where he will be exposed to the haze, like waiting for the car, hope he will still like it

View attachment 579408
So cute!
Anyway any mummies know where else i can find mask for babies? Majority i see only for toddlers. Tried and its too big for my son.

Secondly, id like to ask on positions. My son till date hates to be sideway and hates tummy time. When put him sideways, he will stiffen his body and do an arch. And when tummy time he will stiffen his body as well and shows emotions like asking me to lay him on his back. How do i get him to like these 2 positions?

So cute!
Anyway any mummies know where else i can find mask for babies? Majority i see only for toddlers. Tried and its too big for my son.

Was at the polyclinic last Thursday for my daughter's jabs and I asked the nurses and also the staff at the pharmacy abt baby masks. They say there are no masks for babies and in fact the masks are dangerous for babies as it can lead to suffocation.

Just try to limit babies time outdoor currently. If i have to, Am using baby carrier instead of prams as baby carrier, baby will be closer to my body and hopefully will help a bit.

So cute!

Secondly, id like to ask on positions. My son till date hates to be sideway and hates tummy time. When put him sideways, he will stiffen his body and do an arch. And when tummy time he will stiffen his body as well and shows emotions like asking me to lay him on his back. How do i get him to like these 2 positions?

My boy also don't like tummy time.. :( can only put him on tummy a while.. I think this is why till now he still don't flip..

Hi Mummies,
Im a MTB. Just want to check which breast pump u all r using & Any feedback from avent electric dbl breast pump ? Isit good ?
I saw in carousel, ppl selling US set. Isit safe to use in Sg ? And any different from local set ?

Thanks in advance!

Was at the polyclinic last Thursday for my daughter's jabs and I asked the nurses and also the staff at the pharmacy abt baby masks. They say there are no masks for babies and in fact the masks are dangerous for babies as it can lead to suffocation.

Just try to limit babies time outdoor currently. If i have to, Am using baby carrier instead of prams as baby carrier, baby will be closer to my body and hopefully will help a bit.
Thanks for the heads up dear.

Hi Mummies,
Im a MTB. Just want to check which breast pump u all r using & Any feedback from avent electric dbl breast pump ? Isit good ?
I saw in carousel, ppl selling US set. Isit safe to use in Sg ? And any different from local set ?

Thanks in advance!

Using spectra m1. So far it working fine and its quiet..

I went to QB house for kids at vivocity for LO first haircut. Quite ex at $16 for weekdays and $20 on weekends. I find the aunties are patient and know how to coax bb, they take time to make sure bb is comfortable and have nice haircut.

Wah.. really quite ex hor. . But considering baby has so much hair to cut.. and still have so much after cutting (the photo with the baby mask is taken after the haircut, i suppose!).. then it's worth it! Hahaha! If it's those shave only kind like mine.. then is too ex loh.. so far I haven't spent a cent on haircut.. LOL!

Back