(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

I found my ultimate bb carrier! The emeibaby carrier! Yesterday saw a mummy carrying her bb in it n he looks super comfy, so i asked her what's the brand. Went to the baby slings & carrier shop today to get it n bb was so happy in it n tonight i put him in this carrier and rocked him to sleep, took 15mins. Hope he loves this always. Very comfy carrier which i regretted not knowing n buying earlier, actually can use when bb is 3kg already. But later better than never yay! If mummies haven't gotten any, its a good findView attachment 561737

Wow! Baby looks comfy inside it. Thanks for the recommendation. I will sure check it out. Is it hip seat carrier? How much is it?

Wow! Baby looks comfy inside it. Thanks for the recommendation. I will sure check it out. Is it hip seat carrier? How much is it?

It's a carrier that uses wrap material...no hipseat. It's 269.90, i got 10% off coz i bought a sling from them and they gave a privilege card. If you go to the shop, you can get a fitting done by paying $20, then if you buy the carrier the $20 will be offset against the item price. In a way, fitting is not free but gives you a good idea of how bb likes it before you buy it.

Have been busy being alone at home with baby. And my helper is coming today. Hopefully I will get a better sleep after this. Missed out sooo many things from this forum haha. How is mummies coping with bb and work at the same time? I am going back to work end Aug if everything is alright. Those who have helpers, may I know if she sleeps in the bb room? Or bb co-sleep with mummy daddy at night?

For mid Aug gathering, I might not be able to make it. Dun dare to let bb alone with helper yet at this stage.. Enjoy!

Did you all took pictures from the early Aug gathering? How many of you in the end? Sounds fun!

Hi any mummies here with 3month old babies having "milk strike"? Mine seemed to be rejecting his bottle lately and feeds alot lesser. Is this a phase? Although pd said it's common among this age but I feel very upset to see him not drinking. He will cry and fuss whenever I put the teats into his mouth. Haiz

Hi any mummies here with 3month old babies having "milk strike"? Mine seemed to be rejecting his bottle lately and feeds alot lesser. Is this a phase? Although pd said it's common among this age but I feel very upset to see him not drinking. He will cry and fuss whenever I put the teats into his mouth. Haiz

Me Me! My bb is ard 3 mths 2 weeks. For the past few days he drank a lot lesser. Nite time i direct latch him. But my supply is low n usually I will top up formula milk b4 he sleep. But recently he seems contented with the breast milk n fall asleep till next morning. Then in the morning i give him FM, he will reject the teats. I direct latch him he also latch for less than 5 mins then push my nipple away. He sleeps a lot recently. I m quite worry n thinking to ask on this forum also. This morning I didn't give him milk until he cried for it. But he is okay. Still smiling n playing. At 1st I though he got ulcer or winds on his stomach. But if yes, he sure get cranky.

Me me. My lo is now 4 months old. Milk strike started around 3 mth old as well. Feed less than half her usual. Been persisting even till now. I changed many my bottle teats already. But still the same. She also slept alot. However, she still looks alert and I think she's growing so I guess it's ok ba? But I find it really nerve wracking la. And this is my 3rd kid lor.

Me Me! My bb is ard 3 mths 2 weeks. For the past few days he drank a lot lesser. Nite time i direct latch him. But my supply is low n usually I will top up formula milk b4 he sleep. But recently he seems contented with the breast milk n fall asleep till next morning. Then in the morning i give him FM, he will reject the teats. I direct latch him he also latch for less than 5 mins then push my nipple away. He sleeps a lot recently. I m quite worry n thinking to ask on this forum also. This morning I didn't give him milk until he cried for it. But he is okay. Still smiling n playing. At 1st I though he got ulcer or winds on his stomach. But if yes, he sure get cranky.
Same as mine..exactly same.morning wakes up can smile and play. give him nipple or bottle also dun want

May I know how much is the delivery charge? 3 for usd13 is cheap. The quality ok?

If you buy more than USD125, got free delivery to SG. Here's some of my recent purchase..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-09-18-27-50.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-09-18-27-50.png
    392.2 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot_2015-08-09-18-29-30.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-09-18-29-30.png
    437.4 KB · Views: 170
Same as mine..exactly same.morning wakes up can smile and play. give him nipple or bottle also dun want

My boy don't really ask for milk recently.. Once I see around his feeding time, I will try to feed and he will play with the teats like don't want to drink. Then after a while then start to drink..

Wah so it's really common among 3 month old! Feel relieved I'm not the only one but then very gek sim to see them not drinking. Miss his milk monster days!

Have been busy being alone at home with baby. And my helper is coming today. Hopefully I will get a better sleep after this. Missed out sooo many things from this forum haha. How is mummies coping with bb and work at the same time? I am going back to work end Aug if everything is alright. Those who have helpers, may I know if she sleeps in the bb room? Or bb co-sleep with mummy daddy at night?

My helper oso just arrived 2wks+ ago, sleeping with my bb cos she's doing e nite time feeds. Better this way cos my #1 refuse to sleep w her so sleeping in our room. Cannot hv 2 kids tog, if not can forget abt sleeping at nite lol. I guess if u r latching during nite times will be better to co-sleep w bb.

You can bring helper along w bb for the gathering? I intend to do so if e meetup is confirmed cos still dun dare to leave her alone w bb for so long, even w cctv at home.

Dear ladies!
So seems like 14th is good and here's the list of those who can make it:
1) sweetness
2) Anna0214
3) friomum
4) yew_yew
5) furbee
6) hi_mei
7) cynn04
8) Vinka??

Let me know if I missed anyone!

What time is good to meet ah?!?

Possible to meet on 13th instead?

What's the wearable blanket like? Sounds interesting!

It looks like this.. So we no need to worry baby kick away the blanket or blanket cover the face.. Also like that no need to wear socks to sleep.. :) I bought bigger size for my boy..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-09-21-25-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-09-21-25-18.jpg
    496.9 KB · Views: 171
I wonder how long will this phase be? Some say 4th month also will cos teething. Mine today worse! 9hrs no drink!
My lo also can 9 hours don't drink. She slept through the night from 9pm to 6am. Then wake up already still don't really want to drink. 100ml feed 4-5 times. Whole day only drink 500ml. She used to drink 1.2litre. We also called her milk monster. Then can drink until look drunk. Now no more liao... boohoo...

My lo also can 9 hours don't drink. She slept through the night from 9pm to 6am. Then wake up already still don't really want to drink. 100ml feed 4-5 times. Whole day only drink 500ml. She used to drink 1.2litre. We also called her milk monster. Then can drink until look drunk. Now no more liao... boohoo...
Your LO is how old now? So gd zz thru the night. Mine every few hrs will start to move alot n make noises so I assume he wants milk then I will go and prepare. Sometimes he drinks sometimes he rejects! So headache. Don't give scared he hungry make more noises, give but he doesn't want.

Your LO is how old now? So gd zz thru the night. Mine every few hrs will start to move alot n make noises so I assume he wants milk then I will go and prepare. Sometimes he drinks sometimes he rejects! So headache. Don't give scared he hungry make more noises, give but he doesn't want.

Mine will make noises thru the nite too but I usually leave her alone until she cries.. so if I ignore her.. she can zzz from abt 10, 11pm to 6+ to 7am. Daytime she usually drinks in 2 hrs interval.. sometimes can stretch up to 4 hrs max.. if she doesn't cry I will still stuff my nip to her at 4 hrs.

That time when she didn't really want to drink, she slept through the night. So her feeding pattern was 6am, 10am, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm. Each feed 120ml or less and feed many times. Must try to coax. Some feeds drink 60ml and don't want already. Total averaging 500ml. Got one day drink 400ml in all only. Scare die me. Now she will drink at 5am, 930am, 130pm, 630pm and 1130pm. And each feed I increased to 150ml. And still must feed multiple times per feed.

Actually, I think I made a mistake around her 3 month mark as well. First, I changed her pacifier. I'm using nuk teats, but bought avent pacifiers. Then when I noticed the nuk teats collapsing, I tried to make the teat hole bigger by using a heated safety pin. Then she started to choke cos I think the flow too fast. Then I changed the teats from 0-6mth s size to 6-12mth. Then I didn't know nuk teats have s m l sizing till furbee and highness told me. And I realised I bought 6-12mth s size. Then she suck very slow. So I thought hole too small so I change 6-12mth m size. She suck faster, but I can hear her sucking alot of air. And she always drink halfway or less then dowan already. Super frustrating. Then my cousin told me actually the nuk teats require technique like direct latching. She tried to suck from nuk teats before and nearly choked from the effort. So I thought the 6-12mth probably required alot of effort and she's still too small. So I changed back to 0-6mth m size. And she choked! Then I bought 0-6mth s size and now it's better. The kiddy palace people must be wondering why this woman everyday buying teats.

She was using 0-6mth m size from birth and was a super fast drinker. Less than 10min will finish 130ml one shot. Now she's using 0-6mth s size, finishing 100ml one shot, then coax 30ml and then coax 20ml.

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to share my fumblings. I think I made a mistake somewhere along the way but I'm not sure where. I think I've unnecessary created confusion for my lo. I should have just changed her old teats to another fresh set as they were looking yellow. Think that's the very first mistake I made. Sigh...

I did not go for my pap smear appt... only went for the first follow up after first week pp. Not sure if that's an issue :x

Same i aso din go pap smear!

Issit the same as yours?

Ya is similar aso... Some instead of padded with buckle, comes with 2 long tails (meitai style) to carry..

@sweetness , maché not halal right??
Den still set as 14th?? I rem some cant make it 13th, n some 14th.... How?
What time too, n need reservation..?

What time too, n need reservation..?[/QUOTE]

@furbee, ya I think it's not halal..

Shall we do another poll to decide the date, whether 13th or 14th is good?

1) sweetness - 13 , 14 both ok
2) Anna0214
3) friomum
4) yew_yew
5) furbee
6) hi_mei
7) cynn04
8 ) bythylively - 13 ok

Shall we meet abt 1pm? If everyone is ok, I will make the reservation. Think they need 2-3 days in advance for reservations, else it'll be walk-in.

@furbee, how's your family holiday so far!??! Hope it's fun! I'm so going for a rws staycation today too!!! Yeah!! :)

Mine will make noises thru the nite too but I usually leave her alone until she cries.. so if I ignore her.. she can zzz from abt 10, 11pm to 6+ to 7am. Daytime she usually drinks in 2 hrs interval.. sometimes can stretch up to 4 hrs max.. if she doesn't cry I will still stuff my nip to her at 4 hrs.
Yeah. I think I should just try to ignore till he cries.. otherwise lil bit wake up later become bad habit.

That time when she didn't really want to drink, she slept through the night. So her feeding pattern was 6am, 10am, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm. Each feed 120ml or less and feed many times. Must try to coax. Some feeds drink 60ml and don't want already. Total averaging 500ml. Got one day drink 400ml in all only. Scare die me. Now she will drink at 5am, 930am, 130pm, 630pm and 1130pm. And each feed I increased to 150ml. And still must feed multiple times per feed.

Actually, I think I made a mistake around her 3 month mark as well. First, I changed her pacifier. I'm using nuk teats, but bought avent pacifiers. Then when I noticed the nuk teats collapsing, I tried to make the teat hole bigger by using a heated safety pin. Then she started to choke cos I think the flow too fast. Then I changed the teats from 0-6mth s size to 6-12mth. Then I didn't know nuk teats have s m l sizing till furbee and highness told me. And I realised I bought 6-12mth s size. Then she suck very slow. So I thought hole too small so I change 6-12mth m size. She suck faster, but I can hear her sucking alot of air. And she always drink halfway or less then dowan already. Super frustrating. Then my cousin told me actually the nuk teats require technique like direct latching. She tried to suck from nuk teats before and nearly choked from the effort. So I thought the 6-12mth probably required alot of effort and she's still too small. So I changed back to 0-6mth m size. And she choked! Then I bought 0-6mth s size and now it's better. The kiddy palace people must be wondering why this woman everyday buying teats.

She was using 0-6mth m size from birth and was a super fast drinker. Less than 10min will finish 130ml one shot. Now she's using 0-6mth s size, finishing 100ml one shot, then coax 30ml and then coax 20ml.

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to share my fumblings. I think I made a mistake somewhere along the way but I'm not sure where. I think I've unnecessary created confusion for my lo. I should have just changed her old teats to another fresh set as they were looking yellow. Think that's the very first mistake I made. Sigh...
I see... actually when my LO turned 3months recently I also tried to change to tommee tippee's stage 2 teats cos I thought maybe he drinks lesser because of the hole too small. But i must be careful to not let him suck too fast otherwise he will gag and choke. At times I noticed milk dripping out from his mouth when feeding using stage 2 teats so I will switch back to stage 1. (Kind of mixing teats here and there) But now he is fully back on stage 1 cos he actually can finish the milk quite fast so I guess I better don't change to stage 2 first for now.

My better production (.) had a blockage when I had a bad nap position on last thurs nite. Not really very pain but quite badly block. Then I had chills n feverish on Friday nite, I tot siao Liao, mastitis again. But Sat morning, all chills n fever gone tho still block but no pain. Sunday, the lumps start to clear. But my production yield went down a lot. The affected side now is 20ml lesser than the other side; Previously it used to be 20ml more. Tot (.)(.) shd be seasoned, supply stable, and shd be no more engorge, pain, or mastitis episode. Now I really duno did I had mastitis or juz a blockage.
Upset abt the low yield...

What time too, n need reservation..?

@furbee, ya I think it's not halal..

2) Anna0214
3) friomum
4) yew_yew
5) furbee
6) hi_mei
7) cynn04
8 ) bythylively - 13 ok

Shall we meet abt 1pm? If everyone is ok, I will make the reservation. Think they need 2-3 days in advance for reservations, else it'll be walk-in.

@furbee, how's your family holiday so far!??! Hope it's fun! I'm so going for a rws staycation today too!!! Yeah!! :)[/QUOTE]

2) Anna0214
3) friomum - 13, 14 both ok
4) yew_yew
5) furbee
6) hi_mei
7) cynn04
8 ) bythylively - 13 ok

2) Anna0214
4) yew_yew
5) furbee
6) hi_mei
7) cynn04 - 13, 14 both ok
8 ) bythylively - 13 ok

2) Anna0214
4) yew_yew
5) furbee
6) hi_mei
8 ) bythylively - 13 ok
Ladies I cannot make it. 13th house has aircon installation. 14th need to major clean house.

sweetness - 13 , 14 both ok
2) Anna0214
4) yew_yew
5) furbee
6) hi_mei 13 14 both ok
8 ) bythylively - 13 ok

sweetness - 13 , 14 both ok
2) Anna0214
4) yew_yew - 14 ok