(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Hi mummies check with u all, usually weight is taken best in e morn or? Cos i noticed as e day goes by thru e night, my weight increased with every meal thou only v small meals.. so for accuracy should be morn or what?

Wah starrymommy now i very interested! I suffered from blocked ducts constantly using freestyle, so horrible. Altho the hubby will kill me if i get another pump cos the freestyle so expensive.....

Wah starrymommy now i very interested! I suffered from blocked ducts constantly using freestyle, so horrible. Altho the hubby will kill me if i get another pump cos the freestyle so expensive.....

now that you mention it, I also suffered from blocked ducts several times. was only using Freestyle back then and thought it was just me. I also had quite a lot of supply. but one thing I noticed was that the pump did not seem to empty my breasts even pumping at highest setting for 20 mins. often had to hand express thereafter to get all out.

Just a curious qns if anyone knows the answer...

My US scan dates me about 3-4 days backwards but I knew the exact date I conceived. If I calculate by conception date I would be at 11 weeks today.
With my US date, I will be at 10w4d.

Which is more accurate and will EDD on the US scan date change later on?

Hi mummies, I just done my Oscar scan this morning. I was so excited to see my baby grow well. Unfortunately still cant tell is boy or girl yet. I'll need to wait for my next detailed scan on week 20. Just found out my oscar scan package is including the detailed scan on week 20 at $495. But the blood test is excluded. So i have to pay another $178 for the blood test.

For shopping wise, I started to look for maternity wears. Almost all my cloths are very tight now.
Anyone can recomend me some good online boutiques???

happycsk, since you know the exact date you conceive, that will be more accurate. ultrasound EDD's are just estimates based on baby's size and it common to have a +/- of a few days.

Doraemon_mummy, I just saw gynae today too! also didn't manage to get a confirm answer. saw something in between the legs but gynae said it could also be the umbilical cord, hard to tell. like you, got to wait till next appointment. for clothes, I highly recommend Mothers en Vogue! :) currently my favourite place to get maternity wear, bought many from there already. can wear through pregnancy, nursing and even after returning to work. all the designs are very nice and of very good workmanship. there is a shop at centrepoint. otherwise can order and try/collect from their office at Bukit Merah. http://www.mothersenvogue.com/

the gynae say it will increase about 1kg per mth but i calculated and the amount of food i take it doesnt tally with the weight i hav. my mum say better not increase too much else i will have hard time reducing it later.

Have you all heard of Ardo breast pump? my SIL say is good le.

happycsk, since you know the exact date you conceive, that will be more accurate. ultrasound EDD's are just estimates based on baby's size and it common to have a +/- of a few days.

Doraemon_mummy, I just saw gynae today too! also didn't manage to get a confirm answer. saw something in between the legs but gynae said it could also be the umbilical cord, hard to tell. like you, got to wait till next appointment. for clothes, I highly recommend Mothers en Vogue! :) currently my favourite place to get maternity wear, bought many from there already. can wear through pregnancy, nursing and even after returning to work. all the designs are very nice and of very good workmanship. there is a shop at centrepoint. otherwise can order and try/collect from their office at Bukit Merah. http://www.mothersenvogue.com/

@starrymommy , thank you! I'll chck it out :)

Just a curious qns if anyone knows the answer...

My US scan dates me about 3-4 days backwards but I knew the exact date I conceived. If I calculate by conception date I would be at 11 weeks today.
With my US date, I will be at 10w4d.

Which is more accurate and will EDD on the US scan date change later on?

Actually it is oso dependant on the length of your menstrual cycle. So happens if cycle is longer, EDD will be later. But +/- a few days is fine, it is an estimation anyway. N most babies are born before their EDD i think.

Haha thanks for the replies on EDD.

I am just impatient to get thru first trimester...appetite still bad, still gagging and always nauseous. Aiyo everyday I pray 2nd trim faster come...

happycsk, how many more weeks to go? have you found anything that you like to eat so far?

So far there isn't anything I actually like enough to request to eat it. But no aversions to fruits like apples and melons which I don't mind to eat everyday probably coz its juicy and not bland.

If I am 10w4d today, then another 2 weeks to go I guess.

Newbiemom80,

I drop my weight and now i'm on 12wks still haven't increase. Asked my gynae he said it's normal so don't worry too much.

Newbiemom80,

I drop my weight and now i'm on 12wks still haven't increase. Asked my gynae he said it's normal so don't worry too much.

Hi.. Don't worry.. All my preggy, I lost 7-10 kg for 1st 4 months... That does not affect bb.... After that, u will increase ur weight....

So good.. I have keep increasing weight maybe because I don't have MS, just that craving for sweet stuffs as compared to normal me.. Did my Oscar and so happy to see the full picture of baby crossing legs and of course waving hands...

hello fellow mummies,

I have been a silent reader in this forum for a while.. Currently pregnant with my #1, EDD 8th May.

Did the down syndrome scan and blood test recently and result reviewed that I have vitamin B12 deficiency and was advised to go for jab. Really very worried now as I read online that vitamin B12 is very crucial for baby's absorption of nutrients. Any mummies have similar condition to provide some advice?

Am currently seeing a private gynae and find the costs very high. Currently also contemplating whether to change gynae to a government restructured hospital. Anyone has any recommendations of good gynae at NUH / KKH? Any reviews of waiting time / package price?

Please kindly advise.. thanks a million...

hello fellow mummies,

I have been a silent reader in this forum for a while.. Currently pregnant with my #1, EDD 8th May.

Did the down syndrome scan and blood test recently and result reviewed that I have vitamin B12 deficiency and was advised to go for jab. Really very worried now as I read online that vitamin B12 is very crucial for baby's absorption of nutrients. Any mummies have similar condition to provide some advice?

Am currently seeing a private gynae and find the costs very high. Currently also contemplating whether to change gynae to a government restructured hospital. Anyone has any recommendations of good gynae at NUH / KKH? Any reviews of waiting time / package price?

Hello careybaby. If you want to have your choice of gynae at KKH/NUH, I don't think it is significantly cheaper than private gynae. This is because you are treated as a private patient.

To really save on costs, can go in as subsidized patient. But that means you will be randomly assigned to whichever gynae on duty. You could be seeing different gynaes for each of your visits.

My longest waiting time at NUH private clinic is around 1hr.

hello fellow mummies,

@careybaby, did you eat any prenatal multivitamin?

At the first time I was also thinking of going to KKH as subsidized patient, but then I heard the gynae attended to you on every visit might be different and the waiting time would be quite long (heard around 4-5 hours). If you want to choose the gynae at KKH, the price would not be any different or maybe even more expensive than private gynae coz there is no antenatal package at KKH. Therefore, I still prefer to stick with my private gynae and will save money on other stuff.

hello fellow mummies,

Hi, I am a Jan Mummy. I also have complication which I need to administer daily jabs to thin my blood. Mine is called Protein S deficiency.

I am a private patient with NUH and its not cheap, sad to say...
The route for subsided route is to get a referral from polyclinic and cannot choose doctor. The waiting time will be quite long but all the med are subsidized. If you are looking at daily injections, not sure about how much it cost for you, then I guess subsided patients is the way to go, my jab cost me $6.30 per day and its not sub. I have mummies who are with NUH sub and she is offered a option to upgrade to pte patient in her later stage of pregnancy.

It is very tough to downgrade from private to sub..

My sil oso went as subsidized patient at nuh, so as wat other mummies say, diff gynae everytime and need to wait quite long. But cheaper.

After she delivered, she was actually put in a ward with other patients i.e. Not maternity ward but the normal ward. And it was like a 6bedder(?) quite crowded. i dun really think it was a good idea with a newborn in e same ward as e sick patients. Dunno issit bcos no maternity ward at nuh, or no beds.

My sil oso went as subsidized patient at nuh, so as wat other mummies say, diff gynae everytime and need to wait quite long. But cheaper.

After she delivered, she was actually put in a ward with other patients i.e. Not maternity ward but the normal ward. And it was like a 6bedder(?) quite crowded. i dun really think it was a good idea with a newborn in e same ward as e sick patients. Dunno issit bcos no maternity ward at nuh, or no beds.

I think your SIL din upgrade or took maternity package with NUH?
I am offered a 1 bedder (deluxe or normal) and 4 bedder at NUH maternity ward.
6 bedder are for sub patients

@sunflower307 - Icic, good to know! Yeah i think she didnt upgrade or took a package.

@meoow30 - I think during third tri? But key thing is dun mix with other food, e.g dun immediately take bird's nest after dinner cos supposedly nutritious value will be gone after mixing. So eating at nite would be best. I vaugely remembered this from my antenatal class when someone asked the instructor.

@bubbleslovebubbly - Congrats! So you and your hubby wanted a boy?

Lunchtime in the office yawning away..... First tri fatigue pls go away soon.... I cant function......

Lunchtime in the office yawning away..... First tri fatigue pls go away soon.... I cant function......
@cynn04, I just passed my first tri, so now at my second tri. But at office up till now still yawning very often. Especially now...after lunch.... so sleepy.....lols I think it would not stop until giving birth liao....

Back