(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

I

Have been changing the valve whenever I hear air sound during pumping.. Think like every few weeks got to change.. But I have never change the back flow protector before..
How much you all paid for the valve and from where? Hee. I see on kulily its sgd 6 each. So far i haven change for my spectra 9+

Haha. You can download a phone app for phototaking for the passport. But its not easy to catch the moment when the bb dun move. I will be trying out next week too. Really wish to travel even if its nearby.
U have to try a few times... Best u give urself one week to try. Always try to take the photo at the timing of the day u know ur bb is in good mood... Haha I tried many times before getting the right shot.

Recently I can't empty my breast... until found out the tear on the valve. After changing it, the pump power back to expectation.
So... I think those rubber parts like back flow protector and valves need to change after using it for sometimes.

Btw, i'm had used M1 for 2mths +
I noticed the valve on my M1 keeps dropping out during pumping. Means I have to change?

How much you all paid for the valve and from where? Hee. I see on kulily its sgd 6 each. So far i haven change for my spectra 9+
I ordered from spectrababy.sg, bingbling, and gracia shepherd. Think for valve is standard at $6/pc. All 3 websites include free normal postage. I juz ordered back flow protector and bottle stand from bingbling.

Dear mummies, when can we stop burping the bb? After 3 months or we need to continue doing so after each feed? My boy seems to burp lesser recently.

got this off the internet...The average age to stop burping your child can be anywhere from 4-9mos. Usually you don't have to worry about burping your baby as much when they are able to sit up by themselves. This is because air bubbles rise up when they sit up & move around & they are usually able to do it on their own

i realised that now my LO seems to burp lesser too....

Busy weekend! New maid just came in, busy training her and whole family learning to adjust to a new person. Hopefully all goes well!

Wah mummies travelling w bbs already? So brave. I dont dare think of travelling with 2 kids now. Imagine the luggage even for a short trip!

With #1 we travelled to bkk when she's about 10mths old. Bkk is super child unfriendly, many malls do not hv nursing or even basic changing facilities. But since then, we hv brought my girl quite a few times overseas. I feel its important to go to those countries which are child friendly, Japan and Taiwan are great. Esp miss Japan! Dunno when can go back there… sighs…

I hope the 100 days miracle is true, but bb is just 2mths old! Cranky boy is testing my patience… literally carry oso cannot, sway him oso cannot, walk ard oso cannot!! Dunno wat he wants *cries*

I hope the 100 days miracle is true, but bb is just 2mths old! Cranky boy is testing my patience… literally carry oso cannot, sway him oso cannot, walk ard oso cannot!! Dunno wat he wants *cries*

Haha my LO drives me crazy with the same...carry and sway also cannot. Plus she got terrible heat rash, so I bought sarong for her, keeps her cool and keeps my sanity. LOL!

On the other hand, I just received my pupsik pouch. I still don't know if it's a right purchase. I put LO in it but she yells and cries in discomfort, probably coz not used to having her legs cooped up in that cradle carry manner so I released her. Haha. Aiyo don't know is it a waste of money afterall. Again, it's coz of her heat rash so I don't wanna carry her with bare arms. Tot a pouch will be better. Maybe should just stop challenging it and wear her with ergo baby when her neck is strong enough few months later. Her heat rash is driving me crazy! Back, hands, arms, behind her knees, and worst of all, her face!

BCG jab will definitely leave a mark...red little bump and slowly a white little blister in the middle of the bump. Just let it heal by itself....it looks similar to the BCG we had on our arm many years ago during primary 6.

BCG jab will definitely leave a mark...red little bump and slowly a white little blister in the middle of the bump. Just let it heal by itself....it looks similar to the BCG we had on our arm many years ago during primary 6.

I can't seem to find the mark or bump hence feeling weird..

Haha my LO drives me crazy with the same...carry and sway also cannot. Plus she got terrible heat rash, so I bought sarong for her, keeps her cool and keeps my sanity. LOL!

On the other hand, I just received my pupsik pouch. I still don't know if it's a right purchase. I put LO in it but she yells and cries in discomfort, probably coz not used to having her legs cooped up in that cradle carry manner so I released her. Haha. Aiyo don't know is it a waste of money afterall. Again, it's coz of her heat rash so I don't wanna carry her with bare arms. Tot a pouch will be better. Maybe should just stop challenging it and wear her with ergo baby when her neck is strong enough few months later. Her heat rash is driving me crazy! Back, hands, arms, behind her knees, and worst of all, her face!
I know. Mine also heat rash all over face!! R u breastfeeding? TCM doctor told me that if u eating lots of heaty stuff and breastfeed it will make the rash worse. Now I feel so bad for eating all the confinement food!!

Talking about the pupsik pouch I feel heart pain also. Can't seem to fit the bb in as very squeezy. For me 80% is waste of money again. Yes. I m looking forward to the carrier when his neck is stronger. Anyone got experience using iangel? Heard from reviews are not bad.

I sterilise it... Hmm ok thx 4 ur advice. Will get new ones.
@hi_mei , the valves no need to sterilize! Perhaps due to u sterilize thus it expand n drop into the milk.

I only sterilise the bottles and flanges or funnels..
Yes, juz sterilize the bottles and funnel. :)

The valves juz rinse/ wash together with the bottles etc.

But my membrane in the back flow protector always got water inside. Anyone experience the same? And what to do with it?

@hi_mei , the valves no need to sterilize! Perhaps due to u sterilize thus it expand n drop into the milk.

Yes, juz sterilize the bottles and funnel. :)

The valves juz rinse/ wash together with the bottles etc.

But my membrane in the back flow protector always got water inside. Anyone experience the same? And what to do with it?
Sometimes i open and wash the membranes. Cos the water there looks dirty. Once i saw a yellowish spot. Quite disgusting

Talking about the pupsik pouch I feel heart pain also. Can't seem to fit the bb in as very squeezy. For me 80% is waste of money again. Yes. I m looking forward to the carrier when his neck is stronger. Anyone got experience using iangel? Heard from reviews are not bad.
We bought the iangel but haven't use it yet cos only at 3 months can use. But it's v easy to wear.

We bought the iangel but haven't use it yet cos only at 3 months can use. But it's v easy to wear.

Iangel is hipseat right?

I aso beginning sterilised my spectra membranes! Den now i nv. But for medela i still sterilised it so far so good .... Nv spoil yet. Lol.

@evelyntan83 u confirm the bcg taken on butt got check left or right? U can check ur bb healthbooklet to double check. Supposed to be red like other mummies mention...

Iangel is hipseat right?

I aso beginning sterilised my spectra membranes! Den now i nv. But for medela i still sterilised it so far so good .... Nv spoil yet. Lol.

@evelyntan83 u confirm the bcg taken on butt got check left or right? U can check ur bb healthbooklet to double check. Supposed to be red like other mummies mention...

I have been sterilizing all the parts of my pump... But I don't wash the membrane after every section maybe once a day or few days..

On the health booklet stated left side but I check both sides also nothing... Don't recall seeing any bump before...

Last edited:
Any online shops can I buy cheaper bamboo liners that's flushable for cloth diapers? Pupsik studio selling moo moo kow ones but seems ex.

Last edited:
Dont buy moo moo kow liners. So expensive!
Pigeon cheaper. Or for any other brands for that matter are cheaper that MMK!

Ntuc and all the leading supermarkets sell the liners.

Dont buy moo moo kow liners. So expensive!
Pigeon cheaper. Or for any other brands for that matter are cheaper that MMK!

Ntuc and all the leading supermarkets sell the liners.
Exactly!! The cost of it is almost the same as per diaper price. Not cost saving at all. But those are not flushable right? I'm looking for bamboo fiber ones.

I have been sterilizing all the parts of my pump... But I don't wash the membrane after every section maybe once a day or few days..

On the health booklet stated left side but I check both sides also nothing... Don't recall seeing any bump before...

Cant b dun have ma. Lol. My #2 bcg mark if higher den butt leh. More near to her rear hips! When wear shorts still cn c d mark.
If really dun have bcg mark v v v odd! Mayb can call ur pd n check?
Oh, suddenly i rem, when bb discharge the nurse will show u the bcg taken, den will weigh bb n check top to toe b4 letting bb go home. U rem if ur nurse showed u bb bcg?

Last edited:
My boy merlion 2x, puke alot milk 5x for these 2 days.. Wonder if he overfeed or unwell. Sigh, worse is i scare is d food i eat.

Woah.. lucky got u ladies... blur me.. thought something bit LO's arm and my mom applied medication on it :confused:

O dear.. Sounds like he having reflux. Is he bother by his merlion?

Seems ok can play, but zzz alot more. but y will reflux so many times ! I and him change so many clothes -.- sigh..
Maybe will need read up more on how to help lessen the reflux..

Ohh got 2nd gathering either nov end or dec for the may babies n mummies.. Pending date by votes

Seems ok can play, but zzz alot more. but y will reflux so many times ! I and him change so many clothes -.- sigh..
Maybe will need read up more on how to help lessen the reflux..

Ohh got 2nd gathering either nov end or dec for the may babies n mummies.. Pending date by votes
Did you eat anything different for your diet? Hopefully your LO gets better..

How was the first gathering? I didnt manage to contact the admin (think she dun log in to this forum anymore) to join the group. Can provide me the lacatation cookies details?

My LO normally latch on for 15-20mins ... but just now latch for 1hr ! She never do that for past few weeks. So worried if she's overfeed ... or she's ok or not. :¿

Cant b dun have ma. Lol. My #2 bcg mark if higher den butt leh. More near to her rear hips! When wear shorts still cn c d mark.
If really dun have bcg mark v v v odd! Mayb can call ur pd n check?
Oh, suddenly i rem, when bb discharge the nurse will show u the bcg taken, den will weigh bb n check top to toe b4 letting bb go home. U rem if ur nurse showed u bb bcg?

My husband is the one doing the discharge for baby as LO stayed 1 more day, need to ask him again. Not sure about the procedure of checking.. my baby was back home with very back nappy rash.

Just now when sponge the baby, I actually asked my husband to come and see with me but didn't see any.. This coming sat, will be bringing baby for vaccination, will check with the PD again.. Not possible that the hospital missed it right?

Hi mummies, I am new to this thread:). I need some advice from mummies... My ger is currently 12weeks and she is currently fully FM due to I cannot handle her intake and plus #1 is quite sticky. When she is 5-6wks, she had been diagnosed with reflux as she can "merlion" quite a few x a day which is like milk came out frm nose as well. Brought her to PD and PD say she is quite bloated, having constipation as well as gassy stomach. Therefore, PD suggest to change to Friso Comfort as previously was on S26. Things started to improve and everything had been very good until few days back her fussiness came back. She tends to strain herself while drinking maybe trying to fart. Then she will move here n there however still sucking. I am still on Friso Comfort never changed her formula since she was better aft her visit to PD. I had been giving her Biogaia Probiotics as well as studies show that it helps with colic, reflux as well as gassy babies. Therefore the routine remains unchanged and I cant seems to find the reason y her fussiness came back again. During night feeding when she is half asleep, things wasnt that bad but daytime was a terror. In the day, at times is better if I were to carry her and rock while feeding still consider ok. But her weight is as of now is 6.2kg so quite tedious to carry her with 1 hand and 1 hand holding the milk bottle. And her volume seems to drop from 120ml every 2hr to 2.5hr at times I can go up to 150ml then I will try to stretch to 3hr. Now after 3hrs, she cant even finish 120ml at most 90ml then I would try to feed the balance aft 30-45min, sometimes can finish sometimes simply doesnt even want to open her mouth. Actually her merlion episode, don seems to occur until las few days it seems like at least 1x a day. Any ideas mummies?:confused: sorry for the long post....

Mummies just to share as i saw previous topic is about how to use carrier & sling. Maybe this can help
ImageUploadedByForum1437954049.724071.jpg

Did you eat anything different for your diet? Hopefully your LO gets better..

How was the first gathering? I didnt manage to contact the admin (think she dun log in to this forum anymore) to join the group. Can provide me the lacatation cookies details?
@Anna0214, you can search in facebook for "2015 SG50 May Mummies" and request the admin to add you directly. The lactation cookies they mention is from Melody Bakes. You can also search for "Melody Bakes" thru fb and pm for ordering. They said got promotion for sg50 may mummies member but not announced yet what is the promotion.

I am also looking forward trying their lactation cookies.

Back