(2015/03) March 2015 mummies

Hi, may I join the fb group? My email add is [email protected]. Thank you! :)

Edd: late feb / early mar (can't be certain yet since the system for calculation is so diff here in US!)
Bb: #2
Area: NE
Gynae: I'm currently overseas for a year, but I used to see Lc Cheng at Tmc.

I've just booked my very first appt with my gynae for thursday! Don't know what to expect.
Hoping that my pregnancy will be confirmed and that all's well, tt's the most impt thing!

Hugz... Let's jiayou together... You have APS too so you will have more medicine to take than me... :confused: My NK cell is borderline so doctor said she will give small dosage... I supposed you are with NUH high risk clinic?

Yup yup really have to stay strong and positive... If we dun stay strong for baby, no one else can~

Yes, I am with the high risk clinic seeing Dr Sheila (rheumatologist) and Dr Anita (gynae) together. They are really good docs and I really thank God I came upon a thread in the forum on the RPL clinic...or else I also dint know I have such a condition and need to take all this med before and during preganancy.

Yes, I am with the high risk clinic seeing Dr Sheila (rheumatologist) and Dr Anita (gynae) together. They are really good docs and I really thank God I came upon a thread in the forum on the RPL clinic...or else I also dint know I have such a condition and need to take all this med before and during preganancy.
I'm seeing Dr Sheila too... But I heard she only goes to NUH once a month so very difficult to book her...

I'm seeing Dr Sheila too... But I heard she only goes to NUH once a month so very difficult to book her...
Yes, she is a visiting consulant and only comes in on the last monday of every month....since our cases are considred high risk, they will give us priority one....just that the waiting time to see doc is very long...

Hi there~ just finished reading all 11 pages of this thread :) hope the discussion in the forum won't die because of FB group nia... my office can't access FB leh hahaha...

Brief intro of myself :) this is my 2nd pregnancy, EDD on 6 Mar. 1st pregnancy in 2013 ended with a miscarriage at Week 19 due to PPROM (preterm premature rupture of membrane, i.e. Water bag burst la). It was a difficult pregnancy... Spotting thru entire 1st trimester, heavy flash bleeding episode that sent me to A&E, bed rest most of the time... Etc...

Anyway from the 1st preg, they found that I have this thing "sticky blood syndrome", so I'm on some treatment now... Now taking lots of medicine, twice weekly hormone jab till week 16, and daily injection on some blood thinning medicine until delivery.... Very stressful but really have to stay strong for the baby! :D

Anyone with NUH besides twinklelight here? I noticed not many pple on forum go to NUH hor....?

And yeah please add me to the FB group~ will PM my details to admin very soon huh ;) thanks~ ;)

Hi there, I am edd Jan mum. Miscarriage twice at week 6+ then got pregnant now, moving onto 18 weeks. I was diagnose with Protein-S deficiency, think it is also sticky blood. I am a NUH private patient with Dr Chua Tsei Meng.
Everything looks good, been taking aspirin since 6weeks pregnant and now pending for my 2nd Protein-S blood results and going for an early detail scan. Hopefully levels are good and no need jab. :) I am seeing Dr Sheila in her private clinic.

Stay positive.

We have a few mums here with this problem as well. Hopeful_mum is at her 24weeks now and Give_a_hope is slightly behind me I think around 12/13weeks. We are still going strong. :)

Hi there, I am edd Jan mum. Miscarriage twice at week 6+ then got pregnant now, moving onto 18 weeks. I was diagnose with Protein-S deficiency, think it is also sticky blood. I am a NUH private patient with Dr Chua Tsei Meng.
Everything looks good, been taking aspirin since 6weeks pregnant and now pending for my 2nd Protein-S blood results and going for an early detail scan. Hopefully levels are good and no need jab. :) I am seeing Dr Sheila in her private clinic.

Stay positive.

We have a few mums here with this problem as well. Hopeful_mum is at her 24weeks now and Give_a_hope is slightly behind me I think around 12/13weeks. We are still going strong. :)

Thanks for your encouragement! I'm seeing Dr Chua too and Dr Sheila at her clinic, who knows I might have bumped into you before... Hahaha...

Mine too is Protein S deficiency and doing both aspirin + jab. Really hope no need jab cos jab is painful and expensive.... :confused:

Yes, she is a visiting consulant and only comes in on the last monday of every month....since our cases are considred high risk, they will give us priority one....just that the waiting time to see doc is very long...
Yea... Can spend a few hours waiting sometimes... o_O

Thanks for your encouragement! I'm seeing Dr Chua too and Dr Sheila at her clinic, who knows I might have bumped into you before... Hahaha...

Mine too is Protein S deficiency and doing both aspirin + jab. Really hope no need jab cos jab is painful and expensive.... :confused:

Haha such a coincidence.. Haha the jurong clinic nurses know me haha. Maybe we will bump into each other some day, I normally go for night visits.

Stay strong yeah! We can do it

Hi all, I m new here. My edd is 8 March. Anyone here going or did the Oscar scan or amino test? I m 35, pregnant with no 3. Can't decide to did which test ? Browse through internet n saw quite a no of feedback about inaccurate oscar test. Many went for genetic scan. Anyone can advise me ?

Hi all, I m new here. My edd is 8 March. Anyone here going or did the Oscar scan or amino test? I m 35, pregnant with no 3. Can't decide to did which test ? Browse through internet n saw quite a no of feedback about inaccurate oscar test. Many went for genetic scan. Anyone can advise me ?
OSCAR only gives you a probably of whether the baby is likely to have Down syndrome, so it's not really accurate...more like giving you an idea on what to expect... I heard of genetic scan but dun personally know anyone that tried before.. I only know it's more expensive haha...

Did you check with your gynae if they offer genetic scan?

OSCAR only gives you a probably of whether the baby is likely to have Down syndrome, so it's not really accurate...more like giving you an idea on what to expect... I heard of genetic scan but dun personally know anyone that tried before.. I only know it's more expensive haha...

Did you check with your gynae if they offer genetic scan?

My gynae told me the genetic test called hamony test cost around 1400 because the blood would be sent to us for testing

Hi there, i'm new here! my edd is in Mar 2015. Kindly pm me the fb link? Thk u!

Hi @beautycraze, if you would like to be added to our FB group, you would need to provide the following details to Fb admin to invite you to our Fb group:
1. SMH nick
2. FB name n email address
3. Baby no & EDD
4. Name of gyn & Hosp to deliver
5. Where u stay in SG (north, south, east or west)

Hi, I've sent a Fb msg to you. Please check your 'Other' inbox in Fb. Would need you to provide more details before we send the Fb invite link to you. Thanks.
thanks babe
1. SMH nick -Garagling
2. FB name n email address - aiboling/[email protected]
3. Baby no & EDD - no 1/21March2015
4. Name of gyn & Hosp to deliver - Wk tan/TMC
5. Where u stay in SG (north, south, east or west) - EAST

Can I join the private FB? EDD for my 2nd child is Mar, 18th. First child in 2013.

1. beckz
2. William [email protected]
3. Baby no 2 (18 Mar 15)
4 Dr A L Lim (TMC)
5. North

Anyone interested in Whatsapp groupchat?

Hi @beckz, our Fb group consists of the female SMH forum members only.
That is very discriminating. Didn't expect this to happen in our modern society.

I have joined, and still am inside, a FB group and whatsapp group chat during my 1st child birth.
Those mummies and daddies inside the chat help each other and shared information. Those mummies and admin there are what i call gracious people.

If you wanna restrict your group, you should at least allow this thread to be useful.
Getting people who wanna join ur fb group to PM you instead.

Just my 2 cents.

That is very discriminating. Didn't expect this to happen in our modern society.

I have joined, and still am inside, a FB group and whatsapp group chat during my 1st child birth.
Those mummies and daddies inside the chat help each other and shared information. Those mummies and admin there are what i call gracious people.

If you wanna restrict your group, you should at least allow this thread to be useful.

Just my 2 cents.

Hi @beckz. While our policy remains unchange for our fb group, u can still continue to post in this thread here. u are also free to create your whatsapp chat group if the SHM members want to join. So far, it's the _group consensus_ for the SHM ladies to be invited only. You can ask your wife to join in our SHM forum. The SHM daddies will get to know each other when there are subsequent meetups. There is another Fb admin here but she will give the same reply if you ask to be invited to the FB group.

Hi Beckz, no male allowed is the common consensus by the majority of the fb group.

However we do welcome your wife to join us!

hi babe! did you use Dr Douglas ong for your previous bb? what's your review on him? and where does he do delivery?

Hi hi yirongwonders, sorry for the slow response. I am with Dr Ong since #1. So he has delivered my 2 babies. His stitching is excellent. No pain. He likes children and is always very positive. It helps that he's v detailed in his scans and I don't hv to shuttle betw hospitals. Only thing is his cost is high. But because he's so assuring, I can't think of going to another Gynae.

He can deliver in Mt A or Mt E. It's your choice.

Hi hi yirongwonders, sorry for the slow response. I am with Dr Ong since #1. So he has delivered my 2 babies. His stitching is excellent. No pain. He likes children and is always very positive. It helps that he's v detailed in his scans and I don't hv to shuttle betw hospitals. Only thing is his cost is high. But because he's so assuring, I can't think of going to another Gynae.

He can deliver in Mt A or Mt E. It's your choice.

thanks babe! I've already booked appt with Dr benjamin tham at tmc cos I couldn't find much review on Dr ong! was considering him since he's nearer to my future home hehe.. but nvm I'm sure all these recommended gynaes are good in their own ways! just pray baby develops smooth and healthy hehe

Sorry to say I kinda agree with beckz. I didn't join the fb group too. just join the thread here. it's like stealing the thread. (sorry to say this) but perhaps if someone open another thread purely for everyone who is interested, I'd like to join too. as from what I understand not everyone has access to fb as they are working (some is restricted. )

Sorry to say I kinda agree with beckz. I didn't join the fb group too. just join the thread here. it's like stealing the thread. (sorry to say this) but perhaps if someone open another thread purely for everyone who is interested, I'd like to join too. as from what I understand not everyone has access to fb as they are working (some is restricted. )

The group name of this thread clearly states "March 2015 mummies" and not "March 2015 mummies & daddies". Furthermore, the group has given the consensus that the FB group is for females only.

In our modern society, there is still segregration in basic amenities between the Female and Male public restrooms as what each signage states.

So please respect this group's pregnant mummies' consensus and read the group name more clearly before giving accusations about discrimination or not being gracious.

Suggest beckz or you can open another thread purely for everyone who is aligned with your interest.

Good luck in not blindly dashing into the segregated public restrooms.
Also look forward to reading in the media about being discriminated of entering the public restroom of the wrong gender and labelling our government of being ungracious in segregating the public restrooms.

Just my 2 cents.

honestly there's nothing discriminating in this matter when the thread states march mummies. I'm sure the previous group that you joined had a different objective, that's for the daddies and mummies to share. u can jolly well start a group like this and u can definitely find like-minded individuals to join u.

We can chat everywhere that is convenient for any of us rite.. I think there's no reason to say not so nice things bout the creator of fb group.

Beckz,
To be honest i think it's good to have such rule because in FB we have our real names and photos. Might be quite awkward if talking bout intimate stuffs? (or maybe i'm too conseravtive hehe) chill, k.. :)

Back