(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

My LO is having a v bad cough. Went to see doc and no medication was given as bb is still too young. Any methods for my LO to feel better? :(
Emily, my cousin's baby was 7 weeks old and develop a bad cough and runny nose. She brought him to the PD and similarly, PD cannot prescribe medicine as bb is too young. She used therapeutic grade essential oils like eucalyptus and lavender to help her bb to stop the cough.

Sigh, I spilled 60ml of my of my ebm at 4am right after expressing. Bet some mummies had the same experience before... heart pain.

Yah nurse say 37.5 give.. I see him more and more bu shu fu and temp steadily climbing and then he vomitted! So luan, so quickly add to his milk and give. Next round of vaccination hopefully I can be more experienced and calm le.
At least u give, yr LO settle dwn and temp drop and he slept well too right.

Sigh, I spilled 60ml of my of my ebm at 4am right after expressing. Bet some mummies had the same experience before... heart pain.
Yes once I nearly pour the milk into the sink as it is my habit to rinse parts after pump. Heng I stop myself in time, shocked myself awake.

Yes once I nearly pour the milk into the sink as it is my habit to rinse parts after pump. Heng I stop myself in time, shocked myself awake.

Ya lo... bo bians after that I cannot sleep zzz really got a shocked, 60ml is a lot. Oh well, now I will be more careful.

My appetite has even decreasing back to pre pregnancy kind of appetite. No longer ferociously hungry... Milk supply also decreasing. Anybody experience the same thing?

My appetite has even decreasing back to pre pregnancy kind of appetite. No longer ferociously hungry... Milk supply also decreasing. Anybody experience the same thing?
Me .. I think it is more due to supply down then appetite also follow wise cos our body no need extra food to generate milk

Anyway I only intend to feed bm for 6 months and me going back work next week sob sob hence supply is expected to drop gradually

Started work yday and only managed to pump twice. Breasts were so sore and paintful when I got back home to my little one. If continue like that supply sure drop. Today hope can pump 3 times...

Hey MUMs, I have about 10 bags of chilled BM pumped in the last 2-3 days to bless.
My fridge is bursting. Anyone who wants it can collect it fr me. I live at Sengkang Fernvale area.
I take my fish oil, multi-vits and calcium daily, Non-smoker, healthy diet.

Can PM / WA me at 96237138

That's nice, you have so much milk! Why don't you freeze it for next time when no more milk then can use it to mix into his cereal for weaning?

Hey mommies. My 3mo boy is rejecting my milk. Been alternate bottle feeding him fm and bm since 2mo, when my supply is enough for a feed. Now he totally rejects. Its been a week.. initially he will fuss alot, play with the teat and drink abit, fuss again and play.. this carries on for half an hour or so before he finish his milk.

Ytd he refuse to drink totally.. my mom ask me to feed him when he is hungrier hoping he will drink. So my mom play with him 30mins after he first cue for milk. After that, he cried for milk again. And i tried feeding him bm lah.. end up he screams and wailed.. for a whole good 10mins. My boy never does that before. He never screams, the most is he cry (without tears). End up gave him fm and he gulped down swiftly.

Today i tried mixing bm and fm in a bottle, as suggested by some website. Fm + water + bm. Twice. My boy took 1.5hrs to finish. On the second feed, after 30mins, i check he only drink 5ml.. hais...

Do any mommy faced this prob and would like to share with me your solution? I'm still pumping right now.. feels so depressing that bb dont wanna drink my milk.. feels like giving it up: '(

Me too.. im eating 2 meals a day.. just a few mouthful.. i used to be a big eater. Now i eat abit full liao.. supply drop from 450+ to 300 per day. Pumping 2-4 times a day.

Hey mommies. My 3mo boy is rejecting my milk. Been alternate bottle feeding him fm and bm since 2mo, when my supply is enough for a feed. Now he totally rejects. Its been a week.. initially he will fuss alot, play with the teat and drink abit, fuss again and play.. this carries on for half an hour or so before he finish his milk.

Ytd he refuse to drink totally.. my mom ask me to feed him when he is hungrier hoping he will drink. So my mom play with him 30mins after he first cue for milk. After that, he cried for milk again. And i tried feeding him bm lah.. end up he screams and wailed.. for a whole good 10mins. My boy never does that before. He never screams, the most is he cry (without tears). End up gave him fm and he gulped down swiftly.

Today i tried mixing bm and fm in a bottle, as suggested by some website. Fm + water + bm. Twice. My boy took 1.5hrs to finish. On the second feed, after 30mins, i check he only drink 5ml.. hais...

Do any mommy faced this prob and would like to share with me your solution? I'm still pumping right now.. feels so depressing that bb dont wanna drink my milk.. feels like giving it up: '(
Could it be reflux? My bb was like that and pd diagnosed as reflux and she's on zantac to reduce the acid she throws up sometimes when she burps. She still refuses her milk from time to time but is generally better when she takes her medicine.

stop after 1 month plus.he used to clench his fist,no good.so i trim his nails now and then,let him grab his toys,shirt,feel his daddy stubble..

unless in air con place,else dont wear mittens
hi, how short do you cut your bb nails? im thinking of removing her mittens too but she scratched her cheeks so hard that there are some bleeding. I already cut and file her nails, but i think its her bad habit of brushing her fingers across the face whenever she stretches herself :(

Hey MUMs, I have about 10 bags of chilled BM pumped in the last 2-3 days to bless.
My fridge is bursting. Anyone who wants it can collect it fr me. I live at Sengkang Fernvale area.

Can show me ur calcium? My friend said bf shld drink milk cos we lost calcium but drink it will LS...and where did u get it. Thanks

That's nice, you have so much milk! Why don't you freeze it for next time when no more milk then can use it to mix into his cereal for weaning?
I am not keen to get a deep freezer and my the space available in my freezer isn't very great, unless I just close one eye with the milk being close to raw meat.
And it seems FBM stinks?

I start putting my milks in my MIL's fridge too... Now that I have started working, at least I started using my fbm to run down the stock, but at the same time I am pumping more than what I am running down, so my stock levels still increasing *sweat*

I am not keen to get a deep freezer and my the space available in my freezer isn't very great, unless I just close one eye with the milk being close to raw meat.
And it seems FBM stinks?

Yes, fbm has a strong fishy smell due to the lipase in the milk. You can scald the milk first to get rid of the smell.

Have u fed your bb fbm yet and does he take to it?? Better let him try, cuz some babies reject fbm...

And it seems FBM stinks?

What I do is put the fbm bags/ bottles in ziplock bag in the freezer compartment.

I start putting my milks in my MIL's fridge too... Now that I have started working, at least I started using my fbm to run down the stock, but at the same time I am pumping more than what I am running down, so my stock levels still increasing *sweat*

Yes, fbm has a strong fishy smell due to the lipase in the milk. You can scald the milk first to get rid of the smell.

Have u fed your bb fbm yet and does he take to it?? Better let him try, cuz some babies reject fbm...
haven't let her try fbm. and my preference is to acty give fresh ... and hence right from the beginning I didn't go into overdrive to habe a massive oversupply cos storage is going to be a big problem (and it is starting to be ) hence what I am "donating" is also fresh but that means it has to be consumed fast. no takers as yet after posting yest on the HM4HB fb page yest.

I totally latch my baby when I was on ML cos din want to wash extra stuff. Only pump once in te early morning when he can only finish one breast cos breast v full first feed in morning. So I figure my supply is enough for him, sometimes top up a bit of fm if he seems not full.BUT now that I am back to work and pumping the yield is miserable, like just now te yield was only 30ml per side using freemie cups after nearly 40min of pumping, that's so disheartening! Yday was the first day at work and I pumped twice, not able to empty breasts and was so glad to see my baby at night and have him latch on and suck all the milk away. But if the miserly pumping continues, supply will be less and less right?? Cos not like when at home latch all the time already.
Wonder whether it's my pump or my pumping skills. At home I use Philips single pump, it's easy just buttons. Now I use ameda double pump with freemie at work, got variable suction and speed- wat suction strengths and speeds do you gals usually use?

I totally latch my baby when I was on ML cos din want to wash extra stuff. Only pump once in te early morning when he can only finish one breast cos breast v full first feed in morning. So I figure my supply is enough for him, sometimes top up a bit of fm if he seems not full.BUT now that I am back to work and pumping the yield is miserable, like just now te yield was only 30ml per side using freemie cups after nearly 40min of pumping, that's so disheartening! Yday was the first day at work and I pumped twice, not able to empty breasts and was so glad to see my baby at night and have him latch on and suck all the milk away. But if the miserly pumping continues, supply will be less and less right?? Cos not like when at home latch all the time already.
Wonder whether it's my pump or my pumping skills. At home I use Philips single pump, it's easy just buttons. Now I use ameda double pump with freemie at work, got variable suction and speed- wat suction strengths and speeds do you gals usually use?

Why don't you try without freemie?? Some mummies say they cannot get the same yield with freemie as compared to without, that's why I nv buy freemie. My yield is still similar to as when I am on ML, and this is my 4th week back at work. I pump 2-3 times a day, once in the morning between 10-11.30, once in the evening between 5-6.30, and once in the middle if I have time...

haven't let her try fbm. and my preference is to acty give fresh ... and hence right from the beginning I didn't go into overdrive to habe a massive oversupply cos storage is going to be a big problem (and it is starting to be ) hence what I am "donating" is also fresh but that means it has to be consumed fast. no takers as yet after posting yest on the HM4HB fb page yest.

Then what's the purpose of your fbm?? To use for milk bath only? Or to build up a buffer supply. If it's the latter, then u have to let him try to ensure that he takes it, otherwise, if he reject, then no point for u to "hold" the fbm stock either and waste freezer space.

Then what's the purpose of your fbm?? To use for milk bath only? Or to build up a buffer supply. If it's the latter, then u have to let him try to ensure that he takes it, otherwise, if he reject, then no point for u to "hold" the fbm stock either and waste freezer space.
I froze a very small no. of bags when she was about 2 wks old because I was advised by the PD to interrupt breastfeeding for 2 days cos of jaundice. Then, abt 1+ to 2 mths later, I wasnt sure if it was safe for consumption and I used 1 pack to bathe her. The rest... well when my fridge was spoilt , I tossed it liao.

I just scalded and froze 1 bag from my pump. Going to see if she takes it. I haven't really tried freezing since she was 2 wks old. Initially chilling alone was ok - can clear within a week but now, I am running a surplus of abt 200ml a day... hmmmm, Over 1 wk that is about a litre. Enough to feed for 1+ days

How do you scald the milk?

Why don't you try without freemie?? Some mummies say they cannot get the same yield with freemie as compared to without, that's why I nv buy freemie. My yield is still similar to as when I am on ML, and this is my 4th week back at work. I pump 2-3 times a day, once in the morning between 10-11.30, once in the evening between 5-6.30, and once in the middle if I have time...

No nursing room.. I am pumping at my desk and working while pumping..

Hi Jan 15 mummies!

I'm super late in joining this thread! But better late than never! Our babies are all already about 3 months old! Time really flies!

Anyway would love to get to know more Jan 15 mummies! Can the admin please add me in FB?

My email is : [email protected]

Any other info needed pls let me know!

Thanks so much!!

Hi Jan 15 mummies!

I'm super late in joining this thread! But better late than never! Our babies are all already about 3 months old! Time really flies!

Anyway would love to get to know more Jan 15 mummies! Can the admin please add me in FB?

My email is : [email protected]

Any other info needed pls let me know!

Thanks so much!!
Hello welcome! I requested for admin to add me to jan mummies some time ago but no news yet :/

Hello mummies!

Long time never post, how's everybody? Went back to work last week n man it is so so so exhausting. Still pumping 7x a day, including 3x at work, omg, really dunno how long I can keep this up. Right now my daily output = my boy's daily intake, no extra to freeze, at most got 30-50ml extra as standby, which we will incorporate into his feeds by the next day. Got only 7 packs of fbm in the fridge as standby, this number has remain constant for a while already since everyday demand = supply. I'm still giving him one night feed at 5am, but since he is hardly awake for that feed anyway I'm thinking of stretching it till 7am eventually. For my sanity. N before I make any major P&L mistake at work from fatigue.

I'm having problems with my boy's fingernails too! The PD doesn't encourage mittens so that the bb can touch n feel different textures, but no matter how much I cut n trim n file n buff my boy's nails, he can still scratch his face until like 花猫。Like that how har? I just hope one day soon he will realise its painful when he scratch himself.

Hello mummies!

Long time never post, how's everybody? Went back to work last week n man it is so so so exhausting. Still pumping 7x a day, including 3x at work, omg, really dunno how long I can keep this up. Right now my daily output = my boy's daily intake, no extra to freeze, at most got 30-50ml extra as standby, which we will incorporate into his feeds by the next day. Got only 7 packs of fbm in the fridge as standby, this number has remain constant for a while already since everyday demand = supply. I'm still giving him one night feed at 5am, but since he is hardly awake for that feed anyway I'm thinking of stretching it till 7am eventually. For my sanity. N before I make any major P&L mistake at work from fatigue.

I'm having problems with my boy's fingernails too! The PD doesn't encourage mittens so that the bb can touch n feel different textures, but no matter how much I cut n trim n file n buff my boy's nails, he can still scratch his face until like 花猫。Like that how har? I just hope one day soon he will realise its painful when he scratch himself.
if he is not feeding much at 5am, then yes u can gradually drop that feed....

And it seems FBM stinks?

I'm in the same situation. My FBM packs are just above the meat segment but I tried putting them in containers in hope of sealing out the smell from the meat. Was thinking of doing milk bath when storage has run out but the thought of the fishy smell FBM has.... eeek.

hi, how short do you cut your bb nails? im thinking of removing her mittens too but she scratched her cheeks so hard that there are some bleeding. I already cut and file her nails, but i think its her bad habit of brushing her fingers across the face whenever she stretches herself :(

i cut his nails quite short,try to trim till the white tip becomes really short.i will trim when he is asleep on the rocker.after trimming i will take a wet cloth to wipe his hands.once i find his nails a bit long,i will trim.
ImageUploadedByForum1429714457.740269.jpg

Back