(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Anyway for those going to mount e novena, the confinement food is quite a lot. Got one veg, one meat one soup one dessert and all are big portion.
Ooh ya the menu looks good! But nurses say I can't eat cox on epidural now .. Will they let u eat after delivery?

how r u doing now?
Dr put me on a drip to speed up the dilation n on epidural at the same time.. But so far m only 1.5cm dilated even though water bag burst at 4.30am . But jus now dr burst again cox there was still quite a bit of water still . M jus resting n watching tv now .. Nurses are nice too

Dr put me on a drip to speed up the dilation n on epidural at the same time.. But so far m only 1.5cm dilated even though water bag burst at 4.30am . But jus now dr burst again cox there was still quite a bit of water still . M jus resting n watching tv now .. Nurses are nice too

which hospital r u in ?
u r on epi already?

Have a good rest...
By the way how is ur bill? Paid all b4 discharge or they send to home? Heard gynae fees during pregnancy can claim some from cpf? Heard saying bring our receipt over to nurse...got such thing?
During admission, they will request you to pay about half of the package price for deposit. And I have paid the rest after discharged. Yup, as the other mummies say can used $450 for the checkup claim. Total I think I claim $3k plus from medisave. Cash should b around $6k as mine package is convert from natural delivery with epidural to emergency c sec + other ale carte items. Haven't really taken a closer look at the bill yet. But is roughly like that.

During admission, they will request you to pay about half of the package price for deposit. And I have paid the rest after discharged. Yup, as the other mummies say can used $450 for the checkup claim. Total I think I claim $3k plus from medisave. Cash should b around $6k as mine package is convert from natural delivery with epidural to emergency c sec + other ale carte items. Haven't really taken a closer look at the bill yet. But is roughly like that.
I just see my bill again. I think during admission already paid the full price of the package.

I just see my bill again. I think during admission already paid the full price of the package.

they accept credit card as payment right? did you minus the $500 deposit which you placed with them? cause i heard mount E novena request us to pay a deposit of $500.

CPF withdrawal limit for pre-pregnancy checkup is $450. If you never use this for checkups, you can use it to pay off your delivery fees, so actually end up it's the same de.... it's a matter of where and when you claim only...

sorry March mommy kay-poh here :D
Delivery fees? As in for gynae portion right?

The $6k Inc gynae fees? Cos my gynae fees paid at week 32 le...

But just u say if no claim pregnancy check-up fees can claim for delivery fees?
Yes... According to CPF website:
" The hospital will then submit these bills (my note: "these bills" means your check-up bills), together with the bill for the delivery expenses, for a Medisave withdrawal under the Medisave Maternity Package upon your discharge. The payment will be made directly to the hospital to settle the bills. You will be informed of the deduction from your Medisave Account."

Thought u say admission pay some the balance b4 discharge? So is one time pay all?
they accept credit card as payment right? did you minus the $500 deposit which you placed with them? cause i heard mount E novena request us to pay a deposit of $500.
I just see my bill. When I was admitted, my hubby pay with his credit card $3k plus which is the normal delivery with epidural package price.
The end pmt I made today include the Dr fees.

Attachments

• 1420704518033.jpg
    1420704518033.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 263
@bbcripps: congrats! Your boi look so handsome. :)
@ winnielove: never got the chance to visit you at ur room. Are you at ward 92*? Saw your doc name on the board. Cos my wound abit pain. Not convenient to move around much. Enjoy your stay at Mt e novena. The nurses although are young, they are v nice. :)

I'm finally discharge today. Back at home now. Home is still the best! Haven't post my boy photo yet...so now attaching...
All the rest of the mummies waiting to pop, all the best!
And all mum who had popped, I starting to get feel the motherhood feeling liao. Hope can share the next part of the journey together! Rest well! :)
Yes! I am in 927.

You went back today?
I will be discharge tomorrow.

Get well soon!

Epi wasn't painful felt like ant bite the first numbing jab.. But I was really nervous when they switched to the Epi tube. Had mild shivers n felt cold but went away in 15 mins .

Baby should b out tonight :)

:)
all the best ! ! !
seems like this is more exciting than the stocks market!

How much dr fees are allowed to claim?

Let's use an example so it's easier to understand. Using normal natural delivery for example:

CPF says maximum you can claim from CPF Maternity Package is $1200, which consists of:
1) $750 for normal natural delivery (Normal assisted, C-sect will be different amount)
2) $450 for pre-delivery expense

Let's say you stay 3 days 2 nights. According to CPF, you can claim room rate of $450 per night. Hence $450 x 2 = $900.

So you bring the gynae's bill to the hospital you are delivering. They will claim from Medisave:

$750 + $450 + $900 = $2100

And this $2100 is used to offset your hospital bill.

Hope this is clear enough :)

Let use an example so it's easier to understand.

CPF says maximum you can claim from CPF Maternity Package is $1200, which consists of:
1) $750 for normal natural delivery (let's use natural for illustration)

Let's say you stay 3 days 2 nights. According to CPF, you can claim room rate of $450 per night. Hence $450 x 2 = $900.

So you bring the gynae's bill to the hospital you are delivering. They will claim from Medisave:

yeah
this 2100 amount is standard one. based on 3D 2N stay

Let's use an example so it's easier to understand. Using normal natural delivery for example:

1) $750 for normal natural delivery (Normal assisted, C-sect will be different amount)

Which mean not inc gynae normal deliver fees that I have paid off leh...

I'm so sad mummies, my boy didn't get to be discharged cos he was running a fever of 38.0 this morning n the PD admitted him to the NICU for 2 days to run blood n urine test. So far the preliminary test results are ok, fever subsided, so the PD suspects it could be just dehydration, which made me feel like crap, cos it's my fault that I couldn't produce enough milk, n I was so adamant on not supplementing. I mean, the lactation consultants all assured me the few drops of colostrum should be sufficient for the first few days, so I thought he would be ok. No experience mah. Then today suddenly become like so serious. I feel so so so guilty, like I have starved him. When they syringe-fed him formula milk this morning, he drank so hard n fast that the NICU nurse was surprised. Machiam like he want to swallow the whole syringe.

Think I scared my gynae this morning, when he came to do his rounds, I just burst into tears, which shocked him, cos through all the good n bad, from my miscarriage n d&c last year, to my diagnosis of placenta previa n bleeding episode this year, I have never dropped a single tear in front of him. But today I was sobbing so hard I was incoherent. Haha. Damn hormones.

Now all I can do is to pump every 3 hrs to try to stimulate my milk flow, but still not much coming out. Haiz. I opted to stay one more night here, think I will be discharge tomorrow. Hope my boy can go home on Sat. Haiz.

I'm so sad mummies, my boy didn't get to be discharged cos he was running a fever of 38.0 this morning n the PD admitted him to the NICU for 2 days to run blood n urine test. So far the preliminary test results are ok, fever subsided, so the PD suspects it could be just dehydration, which made me feel like crap, cos it's my fault that I couldn't produce enough milk, n I was so adamant on not supplementing. I mean, the lactation consultants all assured me the few drops of colostrum should be sufficient for the first few days, so I thought he would be ok. No experience mah. Then today suddenly become like so serious. I feel so so so guilty, like I have starved him. When they syringe-fed him formula milk this morning, he drank so hard n fast that the NICU nurse was surprised. Machiam like he want to swallow the whole syringe.

Think I scared my gynae this morning, when he came to do his rounds, I just burst into tears, which shocked him, cos through all the good n bad, from my miscarriage n d&c last year, to my diagnosis of placenta previa n bleeding episode this year, I have never dropped a single tear in front of him. But today I was sobbing so hard I was incoherent. Haha. Damn hormones.

Now all I can do is to pump every 3 hrs to try to stimulate my milk flow, but still not much coming out. Haiz. I opted to stay one more night here, think I will be discharge tomorrow. Hope my boy can go home on Sat. Haiz.
Don't b sad. First time mummy, milk don't come so fast. It's normal. Try massaging and pumping every 2hourly. Can use a warm towel on ur breast for 5min b4 u start pumping also. Don't be too stressed up, will affect milk flow also.

When I had my #1 milk also came in after a few days. N even pumping every 2hourly I have v low supply. I choose to sub with fm on pd advise as I delivered at 36wk+5days. Bb was considered low birth weight then.

Don't b too worried k. Test result shows that everything is alright. So as long as bb is drinking fm nw, u can still work on getting ur bm going. It's will b alright soon. N u can both go hm together :)

Must be the hormone...Dun worried too much ok. He will be ok since already feeding on FM. I'm oso a 1st time mum. Today consider 3rd day liao but still not a drop of milk or colostrum. And I give my boy FM which the LC sound so disapproving. Make me look like a bad mom too. But I really no milk and I dun want to starve my boy.
Anyway your boy will be ok to be discharge soon! Dun think too much. You just continue to pump and hope the milk will come in soon. That's wat I'm doing and hoping too...:)

Don't b sad. First time mummy, milk don't come so fast. It's normal. Try massaging and pumping every 2hourly. Can use a warm towel on ur breast for 5min b4 u start pumping also. Don't be too stressed up, will affect milk flow also.

When I had my #1 milk also came in after a few days. N even pumping every 2hourly I have v low supply. I choose to sub with fm on pd advise as I delivered at 36wk+5days. Bb was considered low birth weight then.

Don't b too worried k. Test result shows that everything is alright. So as long as bb is drinking fm nw, u can still work on getting ur bm going. It's will b alright soon. N u can both go hm together :)
Must be the hormone...Dun worried too much ok. He will be ok since already feeding on FM. I'm oso a 1st time mum. Today consider 3rd day liao but still not a drop of milk or colostrum. And I give my boy FM which the LC sound so disapproving. Make me look like a bad mom too. But I really no milk and I dun want to starve my boy.
Anyway your boy will be ok to be discharge soon! Dun think too much. You just continue to pump and hope the milk will come in soon. That's wat I'm doing and hoping too...:)

Thanks mummies, dunno why I'm so weepy today, hope it's not post natal blues. I just feel like I have let my son down, I mean, it seriously never occurred to me that he might be starving, the LCs everyday just ask me to latch n latch, the PD also never said anything till this morning, everyday my boy peed n pooped, so I just assumed everything was ok. So imagine my horror n guilt when I find out I was actually starving him unwittingly. I mean, he was surviving on literally drops of colostrum the past 3 days, n today, he was taking 40ml every 3 hrs n screaming for more, that's such a drastic difference! Think I will only feel better when he can go home... hopefully the rest of the tests don't find anything serious.

Epi wasn't painful felt like ant bite the first numbing jab.. But I was really nervous when they switched to the Epi tube. Had mild shivers n felt cold but went away in 15 mins .

Baby should b out tonight :)
Really mine hurts abit though. When they insert the tube inside. Prob because he didn't wait for the effect to kick in before he insert the epi tube):

How are you now?
Delivered yet?

Oh dear.

Hope u are feeling better. My milk supply hasn't come in as well. Currently still feeding Lo. With colostrum but the nurse assure me that it's enough.

So far baby poop 4 times today.

So I think should be fine.

Smile smile! Your lo will be well soon:)

Don't be sad, I heard it will kick in slowly, if you going home already and asking to do massage, ask the massage lady to help you massage to 通奶 , I heard it works.

Let baby drink FM first, if have BM then feed with BM subsequently, as long as he gets feed.

We are all in this together, learning at the same time, so jiayou jiayou ok!

Thanks mummies, dunno why I'm so weepy today, hope it's not post natal blues. I just feel like I have let my son down, I mean, it seriously never occurred to me that he might be starving, the LCs everyday just ask me to latch n latch, the PD also never said anything till this morning, everyday my boy peed n pooped, so I just assumed everything was ok. So imagine my horror n guilt when I find out I was actually starving him unwittingly. I mean, he was surviving on literally drops of colostrum the past 3 days, n today, he was taking 40ml every 3 hrs n screaming for more, that's such a drastic difference! Think I will only feel better when he can go home... hopefully the rest of the tests don't find anything serious.
I also weep on day 2 coz no colostrum and baby already impatient and keep rooting for milk. This is especially so for boys and both our babies are big. Coincidentally, my baby also 3.44 kg at birth. I told my hubby "i'm so useless, until now no milk" His immediate reply was "你最伟大了。" Not to mention I cried even worst upon hearing this lol. I was plagued by raging hormones, kept crying for the past 2 weeks. Was chatting up with my gfs who have given birth before and realised its very normal to feel depressed postpartum.

I also gave in and gave my boy fm as the nurse came running to me and said my boy was wailing so loudly in the nursery -_- so i gave the go ahead to feed fm. Whatsmore my PD told me that baby was having some jaundice. So I din wanna have his jaundice worsen, fm it shall be.

Till now I still struggling with supply issues, my boy nipple confusion issues, mood issues, sleep issues hahahaha so many issues. Dun think too much. Rest well, especially we are c-sec mums.

@bbcripps hey babe don't worry okie..think many of us first time mummies here might exp similar problems related to milk supply. I'm sure your boy will be ok with fm. Try to pump every 2-3hrs I'm sure you'll see your supply increase. @kittybaby12 I didn't have colostrum or milk till my 5th day. No choice but to feed fm but I just tell myself that I'll just try my best to pump whenever I can. My hubs don't want me to stress abt the pumping and milk issue..he keeps telling me to rest more and dont wake up to pump cos he heart pain I so tired. Anw now day 6 my milk supply is still quite pathetic. A 20 min session can prob yield only abt 15 ml..but I tell myself a little is better than none.

Back