(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

I want to bake, but hubby doesn't have a sweet tooth, so no point bake for myself only, so I hardly bake now...

I cook more often than I bake....

Also I got no mixer at home, so only bake the easy stuff like banana bread, muffins etc. Nothing too difficult... LOL.

U can get those hand held mixer, those $30plus will do... Most importantly got oven.. Lol
I start to bake because of my kids.. My whole family don't eat cake too, including myself... Beginning bake to give away and for occasion and interest.. I like the baking and decoration process, I usually just eat a mouthful to try only.. Hee

Talking about full month, I am also thinking of just giving out vouchers or cakes for #3. Because we are not close to my relatives whom we see only during CNY and they don't seem happy for me. Haha.. Maybe because they don't like children. But not sure if it's fair to #3. I had parties for both #1 and #2.

But I always fail at baking desserts! I can only bake bread! Great sense of satisfaction when I see the kids eat. Feel like baking again but I cannot stand the smell of the yeast when I am preggy. Next time can order cakes from you! :D

I opposite from u... I seldom bake bread cos I don't like the waiting time of the dough resting... Lol.. I very kan cheong time.. Quickly put the item in the oven..

i still like it when i was in sec sch / jc > 12 yrs ago. singapre was way less crowded then. now... i rly just can't stand going shopping even. i'd rather bum arnd at home / sleep

Same! It was so much easier to go out back then. I could sit from amk to bukit batok when i went to school everyday. Now we have to beat the crowd and wait for several trains before we can hop into one nicely. I no longer go out during weekends. Either stay home or slack at my mum's or grandma's house. Even during weekdays i will rush home before 5pm!

Same! It was so much easier to go out back then. I could sit from amk to bukit batok when i went to school everyday. Now we have to beat the crowd and wait for several trains before we can hop into one nicely. I no longer go out during weekends. Either stay home or slack at my mum's or grandma's house. Even during weekdays i will rush home before 5pm!
ya lor... i can get up at bedok, get a seat say eunos (or mebbe even at bedok if i am v v lucky) and sleep all the way to buona vista. the good old days..ahh

U can get those hand held mixer, those $30plus will do... Most importantly got oven.. Lol
I start to bake because of my kids.. My whole family don't eat cake too, including myself... Beginning bake to give away and for occasion and interest.. I like the baking and decoration process, I usually just eat a mouthful to try only.. Hee

My observation - the actual cooks and bakers like to bake/cook for others, hardly for themselves.... usually end up they hardly touch the food they made/cook. LOL. I am the same too, I hardly eat the stuff I cook and made, usually end up giving away, or let hubby eat most of it... My mum also the same... especially when she cook for big event like CNY all these, she hardly eat the food she cook. Ask her why, she say no appetite... lol.

I opposite from u... I seldom bake bread cos I don't like the waiting time of the dough resting... Lol.. I very kan cheong time.. Quickly put the item in the oven..

Ok. I like to wait. Hahaha! So do you bake all your girls' birthday cakes? Still can customise according to their preferences and adjust the sweetness. So good! :)

My observation - the actual cooks and bakers like to bake/cook for others, hardly for themselves.... usually end up they hardly touch the food they made/cook. LOL. I am the same too, I hardly eat the stuff I cook and made, usually end up giving away, or let hubby eat most of it... My mum also the same... especially when she cook for big event like CNY all these, she hardly eat the food she cook. Ask her why, she say no appetite... lol.

I used to host dinners to my friends when we had our own flat...usually after cooking out, no energy to tuck already...

Talking about full month, I am also thinking of just giving out vouchers or cakes for #3. Because we are not close to my relatives whom we see only during CNY and they don't seem happy for me. Haha.. Maybe because they don't like children. But not sure if it's fair to #3. I had parties for both #1 and #2.

I'm facing the same issue, for #3, we also have the feeling that we don't want our relatives to "po fei", give gifts and ang pow...
My SIL giving birth in sep, my nephew just celebrate 1 yr birthday in dec. if plus mine, w same group of relative, all sure scare of us...
Mu husband say don't do anything. But how can? So unfair right?
#1- party and buffet
#2- give full month package
#3- do nothing?

Ladies, any suggestion?

yup agree.

whenever i cook for dh, i dont feel like eating haha

I always buy the Fiesta cheesecake from Ichiban. That one ok?
That one can.. Is baked..
haiz... talking abt tiramisu, i havent made that for a looooonnngg time... sigh.

btw cinderelly, why does my tiramisu look so ugly ah, like the sponge fingers will be bobbing up and down when i put the cheese mixture? any way to reduce that? or is it fine that it's like this since it's gg to be covered with cream at the top anyway
did u try to squeeze the sponge finger too close to each other? Just slight space out a little, like space 2mm apart of each other...

I'm facing the same issue, for #3, we also have the feeling that we don't want our relatives to "po fei", give gifts and ang pow...
My SIL giving birth in sep, my nephew just celebrate 1 yr birthday in dec. if plus mine, w same group of relative, all sure scare of us...
#1- party and buffet
#3- do nothing?

Ladies, any suggestion?

But it's unfair for who if you don't do anything?? The kid doesn't know even if we don't organise anything for them... :p

I think it's perfectly fine... since so close to CNY, you can just invite them over for CNY like 拜年 like that lah.... Don't need to cook anything, just eat those CNY goodies lor... :p

For my parents' side, I don't see I will do much, cuz my parents don't like to do this kind of stuff, they usually quite low-key.

Only my in laws I need to do these, cuz it's their first grandkid. My MIL also quite excited, cuz she's the only one among her siblings without a grandchild right now.....

#1- party and buffet
#3- do nothing?

Ladies, any suggestion?

Yes! And this time it's so near to CNY. Every time we meet, we exchange hongbaos. Full month, birthdays or CNY. Lol

So if we give out cakes/vouchers then no need for them to return hongbaos right? I am totally clueless when it comes traditions.

Both #1 and #2 I had party and buffet plus vouchers, cakes, homecooked glutinous rice, red eggs and ang ku kueh to pack home. Lunch for relatives, dinner for friends on same day. Super shagged. I also want to know how to simplify but at the same time remain fair.

But it's unfair for who if you don't do anything?? The kid doesn't know even if we don't organise anything for them... :p

I think it's perfectly fine... since so close to CNY, you can just invite them over for CNY like 拜年 like that lah.... Don't need to cook anything, just eat those CNY goodies lor... :p

For my parents' side, I don't see I will do much, cuz my parents don't like to do this kind of stuff, they usually quite low-key.

Only my in laws I need to do these, cuz it's their first grandkid. My MIL also quite excited, cuz she's the only one among her siblings without a grandchild right now.....

Fair to the third child. In case they grow up and ask how come their older siblings have full month parties and they didn't have. I think when we have more than one kid, fairness always cross our minds when making a purchase. Whether it's food or toys. Must buy for both, buy the same value, cannot shortchange. I don't know! Maybe it's just me. I feel that way. Lol :p

Ya, kind of like feel u fair to the bb.. I feel guilty sometimes when i have my #1 photo more than my #2... i already feel guilty that my #1 have a party and photo taken w friends and relative but #2 dont have any photo on her first month.. i like to keep hard copy photo so that the kids can see when they grow up.. And they bound to compare, why jiejie have and I don't have..

Fair to the third child. In case they grow up and ask how come their older siblings have full month parties and they didn't have. I think when we have more than one kid, fairness always cross our minds when making a purchase. Whether it's food or toys. Must buy for both, buy the same value, cannot shortchange. I don't know! Maybe it's just me. I feel that way. Lol :p
Ya, kind of like feel u fair to the bb.. I feel guilty sometimes when i have my #1 photo more than my #2... i already feel guilty that my #1 have a party and photo taken w friends and relative but #2 dont have any photo on her first month.. i like to keep hard copy photo so that the kids can see when they grow up.. And they bound to compare, why jiejie have and I don't have..

Is it because as you all have more kids you all feel lazier and lazier??? Like the novelty is gone???

Maybe what you can do is do something special with this one that the others don't have... so everyone has something special that you can remind them that only they have?? :)

| S/N | MTB Nick | EDD | BB Gender | Gynae name | Hospital | BB Rank | Residence
\ | 1 | ReneLPN | 3-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Tan TC | KKH | 1 | Woodlands
\ | 2 | lovexuan | 3-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Koh Cheng Huat | MAH | 3 | AMK
\ | 3 | Kittybaby12 | 6-Jan-15 | Boy | Dr Lee LC | TBC | 1 | CCK
\ | 4 | dragon_baby | 8-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Ben Tham | TMC | 2 | Sengkang
\ | 5 | MsCrappislogist | 8-Jan-15 | TBA | TBA | NUH | 1 | CCK
\ | 6 | bluelove00 | 9-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Wong | TMC | 1 | Bt Panjang
\ | 7 | rourou89 | 11-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Adrian Tan | TMC | 2 | Jurong West
\ | 8 | PT7674 | 12-Jan-15 | Princess | Dr Caroline Khi | TMC | 2 | Sengkang
\ | 9 | cinderelly | 13-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Yvonne Chan | TMC | 3 | outram
\ | 10 | HappiBerries | 14-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Paul Tseng | TMC | 2 | AMK
\ | 11 | sakshi | 17-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr. George Maria | KKH | 1 | clementi
\ | 12 | winnielove | 17-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Roland Chieng | PWE | 1 | Ubi
\ | 13 | sunflower307 | 18-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Chua TM | NUH | 1 | CCK
\ | 14 | Amberosw | 18-Jan-15 | 70% male | Dr Paul Tseng | TMC | 3 | AMK
\ | 15 | Flan | 19-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Irene Chua | TBC | 1 |
\ | 16 | yingoinkoink | 20-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr AL Lim | TMC | 2 | Punggol
\ | 17 | Hanerin | 20-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Chen Lin Han | MAH | 1 | Sembawang
\ | 18 | Bbcripps | 21-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Kowa | MEH | 1 | Tg Rhu
\ | 19 | Newbiemom | 21-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Kenneth Lee | MAH | 4 |
\ | 20 | Sugarlove87 | 23-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Citra Mattar | NUH | 1 | Jurong West
\ | 21 | Dearbabe | 26-Jan-15 | Prince | Dr Loh | TMC | 1 | Eunos
\ | 22 | alexcmy | 27-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr John Tee | KKH | 1 | TPY
\ | 23 | Krissyun | 28-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Heng TL | PWE | 1 | Ubi
\ | 24 | GetawayJunkie | 31-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Ben Tham | TMC | 1 | Clementi, Bt Batok
\ | 25 | ecym | 31-Jan-15 | Princess | Dr Ben Tham | TMC | 2 | Expo
\ | 26 | Piggypong | 31-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Lawrence Ang | TMC | 2 | TPY
\ | 27 | Xicloudix | 31-Jan-15 | TBA | Dr Tan TC | KKH | 3 | Tampines
\ | 28 | linlin | 5-Feb-15 | TBA | Dr Fong Yang | MAH | 2 | Jurong West
\ | 29 | Blumiz | 8-Feb-15 | TBA | Dr Ben Tham | TMC | 1 | Sengkang
\ | 30 | DOLLYL | 15-Feb-15 | TBA | Dr Wong | TMC | 1 | Punggol

time to update the list :p since genders are now known to some mummies
Can add me too?
Ciakes
3 Jan 2015
Princess
Dr Adelina Wong
TMC
Siglap

Thanks! :)

Yes yes yes!! My sentiments exactly! Cannot agree more.

My #1 has zillion of photos, videos and all taken with digital camera. Stored in hard drive every month. My #2 accumulated 1000 photos on my iphone before I finally transferred one by one to my hard drive when he turned 1. I don't want to imagine what will happen for #3. Makes me sad..

I also have photos of #1 around the house but only a couple for #2. Jiejie gets all the brand new toys. Didi plays her old toys. Stuff like that...

#1- party and buffet
#3- do nothing?

Ladies, any suggestion?
on the other hand, think abt it... you'd also have given gifts to ur relatives for such ocassions also... so i see it as "li shang wang lai" lor.

Yes yes yes!! My sentiments exactly! Cannot agree more.

My #1 has zillion of photos, videos and all taken with digital camera. Stored in hard drive every month. My #2 accumulated 1000 photos on my iphone before I finally transferred one by one to my hard drive when he turned 1. I don't want to imagine what will happen for #3. Makes me sad..

I also have photos of #1 around the house but only a couple for #2. Jiejie gets all the brand new toys. Didi plays her old toys. Stuff like that...

How do you explain to them when they ask why they get hand-me-downs leh??

I'm just thinking aloud, because I am #3 in my family, so I have always been the youngest using hand me downs from my sisters etc... But to me, it is just clothes/toys lah, I don't recall complaining to my mum about this. But maybe I don't remember lah. :p

The only people I remember comparing against is with my classmates. How come my classmates have the nice $25 pencil cake with so many compartments etc, why I cannot have, etc etc.

Is it because as you all have more kids you all feel lazier and lazier??? Like the novelty is gone???

Maybe what you can do is do something special with this one that the others don't have... so everyone has something special that you can remind them that only they have?? :)

Lazy in many many ways. Haha! And eg. it's definitely NOT ok for my #1 to eat sweets or chocolates of any kind before she turned 4. But my #2 started eating even before he turned 2. Becoming more and more chin chai.

Something special. Yes. So in return I decided to breastfeed #2 until he was ready to wean. He weaned at 25 months old when gynae said I had to stop. But now I feel guilty that #1 was breastfed for 4 months only. The guilt is endless..

Yeah, kind of... Getting lazy..
But what can be done? Beside party and give cakes away?

I'm just thinking aloud, because I am #3 in my family, so I have always been the youngest using hand me downs from my sisters etc... But to me, it is just clothes/toys lah, I don't recall complaining to my mum about this. But maybe I don't remember lah. :p

The only people I remember comparing against is with my classmates. How come my classmates have the nice $25 pencil cake with so many compartments etc, why I cannot have, etc etc.

I always tell my boy jiejie loves you so much so she's sharing with you. Next time you must share with meimei too.

I am the eldest in my family. So I am the one getting all the new stuff. :p

Oh sorry to tell u try not to eat now...
Few ingredients inside that we can't eat..
1. Alcohol ( those liquor)
2. Mascarpone cheese
3. Uncooked egg white

Tiramisu are non baked.. So, ingredients are raw...

Orrp. thanks alot. Lucky i did not touch till to date.

on the other hand, think abt it... you'd also have given gifts to ur relatives for such ocassions also... so i see it as "li shang wang lai" lor.

The problem is, my families seems to have more occasion, my rest of my cousin are still very young. Some not married.. And some only given birth to 1. My parent have 5 grand kids in 7years, lol...

The problem is, my families seems to have more occasion, my rest of my cousin are still very young. Some not married.. And some only given birth to 1. My parent have 5 grand kids in 7years, lol...
haha it's also the same thing lor. my oldest cousin gave birth to her 2nd son in jan 2010, my 2nd cousin gave birth to her eldest son in July 2010. 2012 dec my 2nd cousin had her 2nd daughter (oldest cousin and 2nd cousin are sisters).. my uncle had 4 grandkids in also in 5/6 yrs. abt the same as ur parents... then last yr oct was my wedding, and then dec was my 2nd cousin's daugher's 1st bday.. and i am the 3rd in the family to get married. the rest of my cousins are unmarried... some of them are like still in sec sch that sorta thing.

Maybe my girls still young or they think otherwise, is the elder one always say why meimei keep wearing my clothes, until I don't have Liao... Faint...
I'm not worried about when they are young, is when they are grow up..
I'm the eldest, I have party and studio shot when I'm 1yr old, but the siblings all don't have.. So they will nag at my mum sometimes especially when looking the the old photos.. Then in me, I feel so proud and pampered.. Lol...
I don't want my kids to feel that way too..

how about having a cosy party in a hotel room suite with v close relatives? instead of inviting a busload of ppl and giving so manycakes

Ya, prob I can do both.. Give vouchers or cakes to not so close relative. At least they don't have to travel to join us at a party.
And have a small party w close friends and relative.. At least friends attended my #1 party 7years ago., also treat as "close factory" ceremony... Lol

how about having a cosy party in a hotel room suite with v close relatives? instead of inviting a busload of ppl and giving so manycakes

Ya, prob I can do both.. Give vouchers or cakes to not so close relative. At least they don't have to travel to join us at a party.
And have a small party w close friends and relative.. At least friends attended my #1 party 7years ago., also treat as "close factory" ceremony... Lol

But what can be done? Beside party and give cakes away?

Maybe do something more personal??? Because like party and giveaway cakes like for everyone. Maybe you should do something for your immediate family only.

Maybe a new born photoshoot.... only the youngest can do that now... :)

Then number 2, you can do something just with her only, maybe a staycation somewhere, just you and her.

So that if they ever bring up something that the others have and that they don't have then you can say, but you can say, but only you had a new born photoshoot etc etc.

But I can see how the "guilt" can be endless lah...

Close factory.. Lol!!

Anyway any 3rd/4th time mummies with plans to do ligation right after birth? Many of my friends did that. But I am not sure if this is a good idea..

The best is not to do the ligation immediately after the birth cos the clip may slip out more easily. Wait for your tubes to shrink back to it's normal size before u do the ligation.

Back