(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

my appt in the evening haven't seen the dr yet. but I was thinking shld I just wait till mon for my 6th week scan? cos now 5th week also cant see anything right? I scared later cant see anything I get myself paranoid all over again...

ya, actually would be better to go during the 6th week. nothing much to scan during the 5th week right? maybe you should check with the nurses for a better advice? in the meantime, are you feeling unwell or anything??

Mish, don't worry for some women it does come and go but if the nausea suddenly stop totally you will have to see yr gynae.
Thanks Chapa, i realised my nausea usually comes after i took the duphaston pill prescribed by my gynae, but it is not to the extend of vomitting. went for a scan last week and only seen a sac and was told to go back 2 weeks later, hopefully can see and hear the heartbeat. got paranoid after too much googling..

ya, actually would be better to go during the 6th week. nothing much to scan during the 5th week right? maybe you should check with the nurses for a better advice? in the meantime, are you feeling unwell or anything??
It was the nurse who told me to go down. She said Dr loh said I shld just have it check since spotting. But seems to have stopped. I'm not feeling any unwell. Just nausea that's all.

It was the nurse who told me to go down. She said Dr loh said I shld just have it check since spotting. But seems to have stopped. I'm not feeling any unwell. Just nausea that's all.

Oh i see. You might want to visit to ease off any worries but if you're feeling alright then i think it should be fine to wait till next week..

Thanks Min85 :)

Dyan tried to add me to the mtb grp, however the link in the email did not work. :(
Can anyone try to add me in again?

Appreciate it. :)

hi hazel, i spotted for 2 days during wk5 and i was given 1 week bedrest. take care

Hi, I've just tested positive on Sunday and went to my gynae this evening. Should be ard 5 wks, but all he can see during scan was just a "suspected" sac. Due to go back again in 3 wks time. Hope everything will be fine.

Pls add me to the Facebook group. My email: [email protected]

can I ask. is it possible to get mc for bedrest if I have cramps? I am having it everyday. feeling so terrible.
i got cramps from wk 4-wk6, as long as there is no spotting, you shd be fine. but if it's really unbearable, i believe you can go back to your gynae and ask for mc. take care babe.

Btw anyone hv restriction to ur dietary? I'm still trying v hard to stop coffee! From coffee thick to nw normal coffee.. Trying to stick to jus half a cup but very hard to stop
I was more self controlled when I'm hvg no1.. Really bad of me! -_-

Oh i see. You might want to visit to ease off any worries but if you're feeling alright then i think it should be fine to wait till next week..
I saw the sac, fetal pole and flickering light ytd! Excited! Cos we got to see more than I thought and it's an added bonus :) I was given an extra progesterone jab as a booster just in case. Other than that I'm feeling better with no more spotting. Thank God!

I saw the sac, fetal pole and flickering light ytd! Excited! Cos we got to see more than I thought and it's an added bonus :) I was given an extra progesterone jab as a booster just in case. Other than that I'm feeling better with no more spotting. Thank God!

Good to hear!

That's good news! Did your gynae mention how many weeks are you in already?

Just tested positive yesterday... haven't set any appointment for any doc didn't even go for GP (should i?)
basically clueless.

first child.

hahaha... just reading up on stuff...

thats great news ! i cant wait to see mine next week !

He said I'm 5weeks plus and coming to 6 weeks alr
that's good! I went for my scan abt 5-6 weeks but only seen a sac, no fetal pole yet.. got me worried. am suppose to go back 2 weeks later, hopefully can see the heartbeat by then.
I downloaded an apps call BabyBump. It has updates on daily and weekly basis too..

Just tested positive yesterday... haven't set any appointment for any doc didn't even go for GP (should i?)
basically clueless.

first child.

hahaha... just reading up on stuff...
It depends on which you prefer..private or subsidized?

For me..I used home test kit n was positive..so I walk in to poly clinic to get a referral letter to kkh..

I paid $8.30 to see a senior nurse and they'll arrange an appointment with kkh..once fixed..poly clinic will give me a call within 3days..

My trip to kkh involve first trimester screening, prenatal care, ultrascan and supplements..

Once you've enter 2nd trimester..you may consider if you wanna change to private or stick to subsidized..

For my #1..I had a private gynae to see through me till I delivered..

For my #2..I was referred to kkh coz of complication during my #1..and I was prepared to switch to private once my 1st trimester screening passed..but as I had really pleasant experience at kkh during the first 3+mths..I decided to stay till 7th mth and see if I wanna choose fixed gynae to deliver for me..

As time goes by..I'm really happy as it is..and most important..alls well n good during my pregnancy..and after much consideration..we decided to give a go on having random gynae to help me deliver..and boy..I'm glad I did..the midwife, on duty nurses and even on duty gynae were all very very very patient and friendly and professional..in fact..I'm happier there than being in private(during my #1)..

So this time round..we decided to stick to kkh again..not just finance wise..but it's how comfy you are..no matter if you're in private or subsidized..you must be comfortable and trust the medical team..

=)

Hi, My wife is pregnant too and EDD in Jan 2015. Excited~
She is experiencing quite bad MS sometimes. Tried Ginger tablet and Seaband but no use. Anybody experiencing vv bad MS? What are the ways to cure MS?

Nudge, you can go to gp first and get some folic acids.

Hi, it is cheaper to get from unity. The folic acid (5mg) is the same as what hospitals are prescribing.

Hi, My wife is pregnant too and EDD in Jan 2015. Excited~
She is experiencing quite bad MS sometimes. Tried Ginger tablet and Seaband but no use. Anybody experiencing vv bad MS? What are the ways to cure MS?

It is so nice to see some guys here seeking advices for their wife! @lvpierre
Maybe you can tell her to keep some dry biscuits in her bag? So far it helps for me. Esp those saltish biscuits.

Just after i wake up, i'll just munch on something dry like crackers or biscuits.
So far it helps me from being light headed and all.

Try taking small meals, Like every 2 hour munch on something

It is so nice to see some guys here seeking advices for their wife! @lvpierre
Maybe you can tell her to keep some dry biscuits in her bag? So far it helps for me. Esp those saltish biscuits.

Just after i wake up, i'll just munch on something dry like crackers or biscuits.
So far it helps me from being light headed and all.

Try taking small meals, Like every 2 hour munch on something

Thanks deardyan. Yes she does take some crackers and taking small meals but will still feel nausea something. I feel that she is eating too little as she scares will vomit. She is losing weight and i wanted her to eat more.

Nudge,

You can call up a gynae and arrange for a scan on your 6, or 7th week. That's usually when the sac or even fetus can be seen.

Some popular gynaes are always booked, so it's time to call if you have already one in mind.

Unfortunately there is no cure for ms but its a good sign that her baby is healthy. The higher the hormones the safer yr baby will be. She will gain back the weight when she enters the 2nd trimester :) just make sure yr wife is drinking plenty of fluid to keep herself hydrated

Unfortunately there is no cure for ms but its a good sign that her baby is healthy. The higher the hormones the safer yr baby will be. She will gain back the weight when she enters the 2nd trimester :) just make sure yr wife is drinking plenty of fluid to keep herself hydrated
Yeah hope she Improves in 2nd trimester. She drinks v little water, even before pregnancy. Maybe can drink some isotonic drinks like pocari sweat and 100 plus to prevent dehydration when she vomited a lot? I was told to drink when I had diarrhea.

100plus, Barley water, fruit juice like apple orange are ok too but all must be moderate, plain water is still the best.

Is it normal to not have any ms coming 6weeks alr? Aside from being fatigue and just a general lack of appetite I don't have much symptoms. My stomach doesn't feel bloated also.

Chapa.. Coffee and tea leh? Really difficult tis time round to limit it
My only symptom tis time round is tiredness .. Felt like sleeping all the time!

Xxhazel_nutxx
I'm the same as u .. Jus feeling really tired all the time and only slightly bloated
I hope it remain tis way through out
But I'm sure putting on lots of weight -_- getting fatter n fatter .. Really depressing -_-

If you really need coffee,you can take decaf and pregnancy tea but best is don't take at all cause consume more than certain amount of caffeine can cause problems. The fetus can't process caffeine and can cause stress to it. More than 2cups will also have a higher risk of miscarriage.

Hi .. i just tested positive yesterday. having mixed feelings not very happy i think because im planning for my honeymoon in oct and i wonder if i can still go :( ... havent seen a doc yet but i think my EDD should be jan or Feb.

Dunno which gynae i should choose .... and wat i should do ...

and i feeling very bloated ... the air is like punching me inside ...

is there a facebook page to add me in ? my email: [email protected].

Thanks

Hello.. has anyone start to put on weight in the early stages? I am 6th week, seems to be heavier by 500g already but I am not eating more or feeling hungry leh..

Hi .. i just tested positive yesterday. having mixed feelings not very happy i think because im planning for my honeymoon in oct and i wonder if i can still go :( ... havent seen a doc yet but i think my EDD should be jan or Feb.

It should be OK to travel in the 2nd trimester. Of cos your gynae must give the go ahead..
I am planning to go for one last trip in my 2nd trimester with my hubby too. After that, dunno when can go for trips again liao. :)

Back