(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

I dunno its generic anot. haha next time i ask. If its genetics, nothing i can do about it. my sis don't have this issue, my mum had 3 Mc b4 having me.

No food i should avoid, just avoid getting cut or brusies coz now with the jab, my blood will be thinner.

That y jab till 36 weeks, give time for the med to clear and prepare for natural birth.

did you ask doc is it generic and will pass on to baby ? and what else must you take not ...
anti blood clot is no joke one leh... cos during given birth you need those
Blood clot will cause stroke right???? I heard taking vitamin B12 for anti-stroke. Too bad they dont sell it in Singapore but available in Australia

I discover my condition after my 2nd MC, coz i have consecutive MC in Jan and Mar and both were really early loss like before 6 weeks. My gynae suggest that i do SLE, antibodies and glucose test. Then how i discover that i got lower Protein S then normal pp, but it was like really border line low.
Luckily my condition is quite ok, was on baby aspirin to thin the blood but the recent blood test results was not good as it drop further. Doc just want to be caution about it thus put me on self jab. My hub jab for me. hehe

I don't know whether it is only during pregnancy anot as i couldn't determine my baseline. :p was pregnant in Apr hahhaa

Protein-S deficiency is a deficiency in anti blood clot agents, a lot of details haha too long to type.

I also don't really understand this condition but wish you a smooth pregnancy and smooth delivery! Jiayou jiayou!!

I dunno its generic anot. haha next time i ask. If its genetics, nothing i can do about it. my sis don't have this issue, my mum had 3 Mc b4 having me.

No food i should avoid, just avoid getting cut or brusies coz now with the jab, my blood will be thinner.

That y jab till 36 weeks, give time for the med to clear and prepare for natural birth.

Poor mummy. :( Take care and be extra careful!

Thanks ladies. I am doing OK. :)

It's not so much about me. It's more about blood flow to baby. Doc worry that if worst case will have blood flow restrictions to baby, or placenta detach.

or maybe he tot she know :p

huh? why you taking b12 ? u mean u always ship in from aust ?
Not for myself. I've attended a detox course. They advise people above 35 yrs old and stress with work to take vitamin B12 to prevent stroke. I haven't buy because my hubby still below 35. I will force him to take it when he reaches 35 yrs old and don't exercise.

ya...dear dr tham didnt tell me either..... hmmm
Not Dr Tham tell me wan... is the nurse who dispense the medicine, she tell me...

I find the nurses at the pharmacy at WC Cheng not consistent, some are v nice and will explain thoroughly, some are very chop chop and come across as in a rush...

Does your Obimin prescription say so? My obimin prescription says "Do not take with milk".

Blood clot will cause stroke right???? I heard taking vitamin B12 for anti-stroke. Too bad they dont sell it in Singapore but available in Australia

some lower Protein S deficiency will happen only during pregnancy. After pregnant will be back to normal. I had slight Protein S deficiency during my last pregnancy which i terminated. For this pregnancy, I have tested once at week 8 but it turns out normal. I will probably test again tomorrow just to make sure...

Oh really? I haven't search for it because no need to take it now.

i think it is B12... you know la Vit B has many many types... i may have gotten the numeric wrong but my PIL bought quite a lot during our Phuket trip 3 yrs ago.

But I dun noe B12 is not sold in Singapore. I just thought they bought because its dirt cheap.

Thailand has a lot of generic vitamins, so when we go Thailand, we usually have a list from the PIL to buy from there...

i think it is B12... you know la Vit B has many many types... i may have gotten the numeric wrong but my PIL bought quite a lot during our Phuket trip 3 yrs ago.

But I dun noe B12 is not sold in Singapore. I just thought they bought because its dirt cheap.
Bought from Phuket? Can trust or not? Phuket is a tourist trap area. Not sure the vitamin is real or fake.

Bought from Phuket? Can trust or not? Phuket is a tourist trap area. Not sure the vitamin is real or fake.

generic ones... not multi vit kind... vit B12, B6 those kind...

not the whole phuket is tourist trap la... maybe patong has a lot... but you buy from reputable pharma like Boots, quite sure you get real deal...

Not for myself. I've attended a detox course. They advise people above 35 yrs old and stress with work to take vitamin B12 to prevent stroke. I haven't buy because my hubby still below 35. I will force him to take it when he reaches 35 yrs old and don't exercise.

I should get my hubby to take when he hits 35 then!

I always buy supplements for him to take yet i don't take any for myself. Haha!

my hubby will hang me if i ask him take pills lolz
he believe in taking food in moderation and let the body take care of themselve lolz

I also don't like to wear leggings or skinny jeans, I feel that it makes my legs look fat....

Now I prefer to wear long skirts or shorts...

I used to hate leggings... but ever since last year, i quite like to wear leggings and pair it with long tee, or shorter dress... my legs not skinny thin but still proportionate ba, its my butt that I hate :p

Not Dr Tham tell me wan... is the nurse who dispense the medicine, she tell me...

I find the nurses at the pharmacy at WC Cheng not consistent, some are v nice and will explain thoroughly, some are very chop chop and come across as in a rush...

Does your Obimin prescription say so? My obimin prescription says "Do not take with milk".

oooo ic ic.. i got the calcium fr the clinic but not the obimin. as i got the obimin off the shelf from the polyclinic there is no prescription.

just to share ah... dr tham told me i dont need to get the calcium from the clinic. just the cheap ones from the polyclinic will do too.

I also don't like to wear leggings or skinny jeans, I feel that it makes my legs look fat....

Now I prefer to wear long skirts or shorts...
i am a pant person ...no legging or skinny jeans cos i cant fit in skinny jeans or i look like pig leg in legging lolz

ok! will take a look.

but i go fat legs leh. so seldon wear leggings

Lol!! I remember you're very slim, winnielove! I only bought one set of maternity wear this time. So gonna wear these leggings with tunics(cannot see my fat thighs) and hope can last till birth again!

Anyway it's good for size XS, S or M ladies. Will be fitting for L size ladies.

oooo ic ic.. i got the calcium fr the clinic but not the obimin. as i got the obimin off the shelf from the polyclinic there is no prescription.

just to share ah... dr tham told me i dont need to get the calcium from the clinic. just the cheap ones from the polyclinic will do too.

that what's he told me too! He trusts that I have my usual supply of fish oil calcium and multi vit...so he nvr ask me to get from the clinic...

some lower Protein S deficiency will happen only during pregnancy. After pregnant will be back to normal. I had slight Protein S deficiency during my last pregnancy which i terminated. For this pregnancy, I have tested once at week 8 but it turns out normal. I will probably test again tomorrow just to make sure...

I see, I dunno my baseline. Will only know after I deliver and check again. Normal is good. Hope it stay this way for u. :)

For aged parents who still working and stressful too. I keep hearing aged ppl getting either cancer or stroke. I don't know what to prevent cancer other than natural fruits but B12 is good for anti stroke.

my hubby will hang me if i ask him take pills lolz
he believe in taking food in moderation and let the body take care of themselve lolz

Lol! My hubby feels it works for him! He takes glucosamine for his kneecap problems. And whatever i buy he takes too.

ya...dear dr tham didnt tell me either..... hmmm

Hihi, I'm also seeing dr tham.. But i was told by those nurses to eat separately.. Not by him.. The nurses even double check with me to ensure that I know they must be consume separately when I restock my pills..

aiyo... your brothers so bad! I seriously don think so la
wait ar i show you all.

cuse i am petite. so for my size i shoul have slightly slimmer legs.

see my zhu jiaoo_O
and i realise i have zhu jiao since young.:(

Attachments

• 10390151_10152274162021715_5319498915537962425_n.jpg
    10390151_10152274162021715_5319498915537962425_n.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 160
that what's he told me too! He trusts that I have my usual supply of fish oil calcium and multi vit...so he nvr ask me to get from the clinic...
Ya lor so i continue with my normal fish oil. nv buy the so called prenatal fish oil(super exxxx)

Lol!! I remember you're very slim, winnielove! I only bought one set of maternity wear this time. So gonna wear these leggings with tunics(cannot see my fat thighs) and hope can last till birth again!

Anyway it's good for size XS, S or M ladies. Will be fitting for L size ladies.

upper body only haha

Thanks for letting me know! :) Next time I go compare prices for the calcium. I currently have 2 unopened bots at home, so will take a while to finish. 1 I bought from last visit, the other I bought cheap from another mummy cuz she no longer takes it...

The obimin I get from clinic because it is cheaper than Guardian/Watsons. I bought 30 tab (prior to my first visit to Dr Tham) from Guardian at $11.80, then after that some mummy says it's v ex. So I bought the 100 tab from the clinic at $20 only. Not sure how much polyclinic cost?? If cheaper, I will buy from there next time. :)

Hihi, I'm also seeing dr tham.. But i was told by those nurses to eat separately.. Not by him.. The nurses even double check with me to ensure that I know they must be consume separately when I restock my pills..
ok...mebbe cos the nurses tot my hb will tell me so they nv tell..end up...no one told me until u girls did!

Thanks for letting me know! :) Next time I go compare prices for the calcium. I currently have 2 unopened bots at home, so will take a while to finish. 1 I bought from last visit, the other I bought cheap from another mummy cuz she no longer takes it...

The obimin I get from clinic because it is cheaper than Guardian/Watsons. I bought 30 tab (prior to my first visit to Dr Tham) from Guardian at $11.80, then after that some mummy says it's v ex. So I bought the 100 tab from the clinic at $20 only. Not sure how much polyclinic cost?? If cheaper, I will buy from there next time. :)
i think it is 5 /6dollars plus there (u may wanna check). but i am v sure changi hospital online pharm sells it at 5 plus.

the calcium at TMC is 600mg at..12 or 15 i tink? buy the 400 / 450 mg ones fr polyclinic at 5 or 6, bucks i think. we wanted to get the calcium fr clinic last fr but dr tham said no need lah..just the 400 mg one fr polyclinc can liao..at most take 2 lor...quoting him. haha

Back