(2014/12) Dec 2014 Mummies

Hello, i am a sec time mummy, 11 weeks now, but this time round its so much diff from my last. Having very bad bloated tummy, nausea and cant seems to drink any milk. But my last pregnancy i drank Ensure milk thruout and baby is very healthy.

I will love to join the FB group, can the admin kindly adds me in, [email protected]. Thanks...

Hi all, I'm 9 weeks. Went for 2nd scan today. Saw the baby woke up, turned around and waved to us, and went back to sleep. So cute! Gynea says I can start to drink powdered milk. Any recommendation? So many brands don't know how to choose.

Hi all,

First time mummy here, little peanut is 9 weeks now. :) EDD 27 Dec.

Had my dating scan on week 8. Could see and hear the heartbeat. Next appointment with the gynae is 4 weeks later whereby i will be taking Oscar test too. Is the scan a little too far apart?

Not much symptoms except breasts tenderness, some food aversion (esp fried food and mushroom) ,bloating, on/off queasiness (which should it even be counted as morning sickness?).

Worried cause my previous pregnancy there was no heartbeat after week 6 and i ended with a missed-miscarriage. I had not nausea then and thought i was really lucky to be the minority to have no MS.

I wonder if it is normal for the second scan to be slated one month apart. Without seeing the heartbeat, i don't even dare to get too excited with my pregnancy after what i experienced last year.

Now having UTI. :( Have been prone to UTI even before pregnancy. Drink loads of water mummies. Don't hold back your urine too. Make sure to empty your bladder. I guess i didn't empty my bladder when i woke up at night to pee last week.

Last edited:
Hi all,

First time mummy here, little peanut is 9 weeks now. :) EDD 27 Dec.

Had my dating scan on week 8. Could see and hear the heartbeat. Next appointment with the gynae is 4 weeks later whereby i will be taking Oscar test too. Is the scan a little too far apart?

Not much symptoms except breasts tenderness, some food aversion (esp fried food and mushroom) ,bloating, on/off queasiness (which should it even be counted as morning sickness?).

Worried cause my previous pregnancy there was no heartbeat after week 6 and i ended with a missed-miscarriage. I had not nausea then and thought i was really lucky to be the minority to have no MS.

I wonder if it is normal for the second scan to be slated one month apart. Without seeing the heartbeat, i don't even dare to get too excited with my pregnancy after what i experienced last year.

Now having UTI. :( Have been prone to UTI even before pregnancy. Drink loads of water mummies. Don't hold back your urine too. Make sure to empty your bladder. I guess i didn't empty my bladder when i woke up at night to pee last week.

I'm having my next scan at week 12. I also don't have much ms. Sometimes it makes me worry too. I guess it should b fine if there is no bleeding. Yeah I wake up almost every night to pee around 3 am. need to go toilet quite often in the day. I just bought similac milk powder. Hope my body can b stronger cos my nose allergy recur more often nowadays.

I got my 1st scan at week 7 and my next is at 12 weeks. So don't think 4 weeks apart is far. No point going before oscar test unless there's problem. So don't worry ecmx. ;)

Like you, I have mushroom aversion. And I try to pee when I have the need to. Sometimes even twice a night.

Last edited:
@daja,

I read allergy during pregnancy are pretty common on some websites too! Hmm maybe milk powder may be my alternative too. I've been drinking skimmed milk and it has been causing breakouts. Not sure if its hormonal too.

@MistyCloud- :) I guess its worrywart all the way for me. haa! I can foresee second trimester or when have to monitor the baby's movement i will be paranoid again and totally destroy this precious experience. :p Must really learn to be optimistic.

My sis was saying sometimes during Oscar test can see the gender of the bb too if bb in the right position! Cause its a detailed scan.

Ya, i just wanna inform all, UTI is apparently pretty common during pregnancy. Even if its not painful, if the rate of flow is very slow and after peeing you have the urge to pee again, or if you feel like your bladder is full but there isn't much pee, it could very well be UTI too.

My past experience with UTI has always been pain while peeing and constant need to pee. Thus i thought its kind of weird why am i peeing so slowly. Googled and realised this is also considered UTI. Still gotta take antibiotics.

ecmx, I'm also paranoid but trying to calm myself. Hahaa,, Already 35 and this is my 1st baby and I just hope for a healthy baby now. And I don't even want anymore after this so I hope I'll only need to go through this once. Worried that Oscar results will be bad for my age and then if everything is good. Worried that there's still a slight chance of m/c until 20 weeks.

Then think so much also no use. So just try to chill... Haha.. take it as no prob until prob appears.

Hi everyone! I've been posting in the Jan 2015 mummies board because my EDD based on LMP is 1 Jan but considering I have med conditions that make it dangerous to continue the pregnancy post EDD, chances are I will end up with a Dec baby, so thought I'll check in here :)

I already have a 3 year old but after that had 2 miscarriages, what's more one was a missed miscarriage no bleeding so I only found out when I went for a scan and found no more heartbeat. So I'm a terrible worrywort now (first pregnancy I felt invincible haha...)

Btw, for mummies asking for milk powder recommendations, I found Anmum the least sweet and therefore most palatable for me but ultimately I chose to go with fresh organic full cream milk plus prenatal multivits rather than milk powder.

On informing employer, I already did! But then it all depends on what type of boss you have......

i'm scheduled for the oscar test next week too.
Frankly, I'm in 2 minds abt it. i don't feel like going for the test becos i want to accept my baby for how he/she is, so no point testing right, come what may. But my husband insists on the test.
I've read that the oscar test is not 100% accurate (and not cheap) then if the test results come back unfavorable you will be upset, and might likely to want to go for second opinion, have the worry that your baby will be down until u deliver or go further test - the amnio test which carries a 5% risk of miscarriage. do i really want to go thru that kind of duress.....
sigh. sometimes ignorance is bliss i feel.....

oh on telling boss....i also have not told.
My boss is not the pro-family kind (he is married, no kids). the last time my colleague got pregnant he wasn't too pleased and made her work like a dog before he released her on maternity....
don;t feel like sharing with him yet but i guess i will have too soon cos i'm starting to show....

Frankly, I'm in 2 minds abt it. i don't feel like going for the test becos i want to accept my baby for how he/she is, so no point testing right, come what may. But my husband insists on the test.
I've read that the oscar test is not 100% accurate (and not cheap) then if the test results come back unfavorable you will be upset, and might likely to want to go for second opinion, have the worry that your baby will be down until u deliver or go further test - the amnio test which carries a 5% risk of miscarriage. do i really want to go thru that kind of duress.....

There's other tests that you can do besides amnio test, like Harmony Test, Maternity 21 and even a scan by Dr Ananda I think. I dunno the detail and you can google the details. I'm planning to do this if the results aren't favourable coz I won't keep my down syndrome baby.

olivia n misty, me too...i'm going for oscar nxt week in 2 weeks time n i'm still thinking if i shld. i din do it for my #1, depended on my gynae's scan, blood test n detailed scan. i'm not sure if i shld go for oscar for #2, or jus take the basic ones like when i had #1. my DH is willing to take the gamble even if test results is not gd, although i hv reservations, but like tat all the more sounds like i dun need the oscar test.

ecmx, I'm also paranoid but trying to calm myself. Hahaa,, Already 35 and this is my 1st baby and I just hope for a healthy baby now. And I don't even want anymore after this so I hope I'll only need to go through this once. Worried that Oscar results will be bad for my age and then if everything is good. Worried that there's still a slight chance of m/c until 20 weeks.

Then think so much also no use. So just try to chill... Haha.. take it as no prob until prob appears.

Many of my colleagues first gave birth after 35, are trying for no. 2, or have given birth near 40.
Yes, we all need chamomile tea.
An article i came across while goggling online. Pretty true!!
http://www.mommyish.com/2012/10/24/will-i-miscarry-789/

My colleague didn't go for the Oscar test cause she said she won't go for abortion should the result returned to be high risk. So no point going through. Some religion also do not allow couples to abort the baby.

I guess some may want the peace of mind provided by the test result. If results returned to be high-risk and couples do not want an abortion, then in a way there is more time for mental preparation.

Heard from my gynae there is another test which is more accurate than Oscar test. $1000 over. Not sure if its harmony.

Hello! I'm jiayi! First timer and 11 weeks this week! Hello all! And congrats all mtb! ! Can trouble Fb admin to add me in e group? [email protected]

First check up was by adrian woodsworth but decided to change as we think he wasnt suitable. Have not yet decided on e gynae but next week am supposed to go for Oscar next week, saw some ppl saying LN sim not bad any other mtb heard of her? And my experienced friends all ask me go for guy gynae, more gentle?

I prefer female gynae leh. . Still shy. .

anybody feel heaty after drinking powdered milk? I drank for 3 days and now has sore throat

jiayiyan, my gynae is male. he is gentle n treats preggies like queen. haha...he has 'halo' when he talks to the hubby to let us win when we r preg.

Hi jiayi, I also changed my gynae at 11 weeks to Benjamin Tham at TMC. And when they tried to schedule me to Oscar test, it was all fully booked so I have to try my luck as a walk in now. Going to do so this Thurs and hoping they will take me.

Hi daja, I've been taking mom and me since first tri and it was fine for me. However I find that my taste bud changes quite drastically now and the milk has a iron aftertaste. So don't buy too many tins yet in case u don't like it later. I also heard that annum chocolate flavor is not too bad. May give that a shot.

Hi daja, I've been taking mom and me since first tri and it was fine for me. However I find that my taste bud changes quite drastically now and the milk has a iron aftertaste. So don't buy too many tins yet in case u don't like it later. I also heard that annum chocolate flavor is not too bad. May give that a shot.

Hi zabby

Ya in experiencing slight iron taste after I drink milk or water this week.

So far only bought one tin. Don't know if I can finish it. I'll continue when my sore throat recover.

olivia n misty, me too...i'm going for oscar nxt week in 2 weeks time n i'm still thinking if i shld. i din do it for my #1, depended on my gynae's scan, blood test n detailed scan. i'm not sure if i shld go for oscar for #2, or jus take the basic ones like when i had #1. my DH is willing to take the gamble even if test results is not gd, although i hv reservations, but like tat all the more sounds like i dun need the oscar test.

Hi Mika Rei, the detailed scan and blood test is the one they do at week 20?

My colleague didn't go for the Oscar test cause she said she won't go for abortion should the result returned to be high risk. So no point going through. Some religion also do not allow couples to abort the baby.

I guess some may want the peace of mind provided by the test result. If results returned to be high-risk and couples do not want an abortion, then in a way there is more time for mental preparation.

Heard from my gynae there is another test which is more accurate than Oscar test. $1000 over. Not sure if its harmony.

Our religion does not encourage abortion but religion aside, also my own belief against taking a life away....
unless the baby is certified that it is not viable to survive through, due to major life threatening structural defects (touch wood!!!) then no choice............

There are a few other tests out there....but if we don't want to know then no need to go for any i guess..

I understand the peace of mind and being mentally prepared bit but knowing myself i'm the super worry freak kind, and everyday will just stress over how my bb will be should the results be bad...definitely won't have peace of mind. and i'm the kind where even if the results is super good like 1: 1 million i probably still worry that I will be that unlucky 1 in a million.....

I prefer female gynae leh. . Still shy. .

anybody feel heaty after drinking powdered milk? I drank for 3 days and now has sore throat

i also prefer female...the thought of opening up my legs to another guy....erm....just doesn't sit very well with me hahaha..
my first gynae was a guy, i just felt very uncomfortable and stick to female thereafter.
though my good friend, who initially has the same 'phobia' as me, happen to change to a male gynae and now swears by him.

on milk - i tried powdered, ensure but i find that the taste is stronger...don't really like. i prefer to just drink fresh milk....i find that it also makes me poo more easily...

I wonder how early does the baby bump starts to show for a first pregnancy? I am pretty shapeless now.. But I think it's air bump more than baby bump.

my #1 showed at 5mth too...this one showed in 2mth...n i m having prob hiding it now, although i still wish to keep it under wraps for 3 more weeks...

Oh my, I am so bloated and shapeless already I can't fit into my trousers.

I heard no. 2 onwards always show rather early.

hi ladies, i went to consult my gynae on oscar vs detailed scan - just like to share her thoughts in case you are also deliberating on whether to go for the test...

Quoted:
"As for the oscar, it is optional.
It is NOT a diagnostic test. Meaning that it does not confirm whether the baby has downs or not, it only tells the risk. Therefore, it does not mean that if the test show high risk the baby definitely has downs , only that risk may be increased , and diagnostic test will have to be done to confirm it. Conversely if the test shows low risk it does not mean that the baby absolutely does not have downs it just means lower risk. To be absolutely certain only diagnostic tests like amniocentesis can do that.
Scan at 20 weeks only picks up 30% of downs fetus, so it is less accurate than the oscar test in picking up Down's syndrome. So if your view is that you would not consider any options even if baby has downs, then of course can skip the test, but should not have the view that you depend on the ultrasound at 20 weeks instead. Another option is the harmony test which picks up 99% of downs fetuses. That is almost as accurate as Oscar but cost is abt 1300"

I've decided to take the leap of faith and skip oscar.....

By the way has anyone started on iron supplements? i just started 2 days ago and developed sore throat, abit feverish now. My mom blames it on the iron - too heaty she says. dunno if it true.
I think most prob i just caught a cold :(

Hi all, I'm currently in week 12 and this is my #2. #1 is 18 months old now. Edd is 9 Dec but dunno if could end up being Nov baby since i'm going for csect.

Can add me to the fb group? [email protected]

Thanks!

my #1 showed at 5mth too...this one showed in 2mth...n i m having prob hiding it now, although i still wish to keep it under wraps for 3 more weeks...

expecting my first now already quite obvious at week 12 - pple starting to give me seats on the train!
my pants started getting tight around 8 weeks....probably bloating then..

hi! I'm from singapore polytechnic. I'm doing a survey for my final year project. I need to interview first time pregnant mums. I don't mind meeting anywhere in singapore or paying for a meal! are there any kind souls to help this poor student?

Olivia, you should feel good when pple give up seats for u! Hahaha!! Think nowadays hardly can find such kind souls...

I'm only at my 9th week and my clothes are definitely tight.

I'm just wondering what is the downside of the OSCAR test? It seems like a relatively safe test, the only downside I can see is that if it puts you at high risk then you have to agonize over whether to go for diagnostic tests which carry miscarriage risks, is that the concern?

Reia, yes... my gyane said.... if u do the test it will give u a high risk or low risk result. And when ur result is out, and it turn out to be high risk, will you do amino? If u going to do then go ahead with the oscar test. If you dun want to do the amino, then why do oscar test? Cos if you get low risk, you will be happy. But if high risk, and no amino test then u gotta get worried for the rest of the months till bb is out. And he says....low risk is not equal to no risk! So he says... it is up for us to decide...

sigh, oscar test is also on my mind. if it will make me think v hard if results r no gd, or even jus not v gd, i don't know if i shld put myself thru tat... esp if my DH says he'll gamble even if risk is high..then all the more it doesn't seem like the test is needed...

Back