(2014/12) Dec 2014 Mummies

Hi michiyochin, when I input your email address, a Sharon Anna Tan came up, it's that you?
If so, I have added you, please kindly add me to the group. Thanks!

On a separate note, wonder why is it so difficult to join the group?? o_O

Yes, I have added those that have add me on fb and pm me to join the group. :)

It's because the group is a secret group and there is some issues with adding via email. Nevertheless we could add each other in this way. :)

Hihi, dear admin, possible to add me in again? I haven't receive any email invitation. I'm due 2 dec. Would like to get to know and exchange experiences with other mummies. My email is [email protected]. Thanks!!

Hi michiyochin, I have added you as fb frd, pls add me to the fb group! :)

Just had my Oscar checks today, Dr say all measurements look good. So wait for blood test results out now. Am on my 12th week n EDD is xmas day... Hope to get to know other mommies here!

hello all!
my EDD is on 31 Dec 14!!! hahaha! last day of they year!
I had a bad experience with KKH. so this time round my hubby and i gonna go Mount A instead I guess.
gonna go to my gynae appt on 19 jun (just nice 3mths).. so excited!!!!
I think all our symptoms r e same.. nausea, extremely tired, super early morning pee until I cant slp back as well.. :(

Hi mummies to be, congrats to all of you! I'm a first time MTB and the past few months had been an emotional upheaval for me - terrible MS even until now, heartburns, constipation, sleepless nights... all in all, I have lost 7 kg and maybe counting, cos last checked was end of May.

My EDD is 5 Dec 2014, though I was hoping for a jubilee baby before my first check up! Enthusiastically did the jubilee package survey and all, keke...

Will be pm-ing the admin to add me to the FB group. Hope to see all of you there! :)

Take care, all...

Hi mummies to be, congrats to all of you! I'm a first time MTB and the past few months had been an emotional upheaval for me - terrible MS even until now, heartburns, constipation, sleepless nights... all in all, I have lost 7 kg and maybe counting, cos last checked was end of May.

My EDD is 5 Dec 2014, though I was hoping for a jubilee baby before my first check up! Enthusiastically did the jubilee package survey and all, keke...

Will be pm-ing the admin to add me to the FB group. Hope to see all of you there! :)

Take care, all...

Usually people gain back their weight n put on more weight after first trim.. things should get better for u!

Anyone here 16 weeks or more but still no visible bump like me? This is my #1... feeling worried
if u have gone for scan, u shld know the bb's length and check if bb is growing well and healthy. I guess not to worry too much. Some ppl just won't show their tummy so early but will super size later on.

Hi pls add me on fb at [email protected].

I am having very bad constipation but my gynae said just buy any consti med at pharmacy. I've been eating fruits veg water fybogel but but..... help anyone?

How abt yakult? Prebiotics do help in aiding digestive system. I take mega acidophilus pills (kordel brand) it helps both for digestion and curbs yeast infection.

Others I know take prune juice! But it doesn't work for me. Guess you just need to experiment what works for u. :)

Thanks, where do u get those.pills?

How abt yakult? Prebiotics do help in aiding digestive system. I take mega acidophilus pills (kordel brand) it helps both for digestion and curbs yeast infection.

Others I know take prune juice! But it doesn't work for me. Guess you just need to experiment what works for u. :)

I would like to recommend my confinement nanny who is doing now doing confinement for me. She is hygienic, caring in looking after baby and she cleans kitchen after each cooking. During her stay with us, my girl was infected with virus and I have to bring my boy to paed on each alternate day. She looks after my girl while I am out with my boy. In summary, I will not survive without her great help. She is highly recommended.

Harmony is more accurate than Oscar test. And Harmony only use blood test. It doesnt take age into consideration when calculating your risk. Oscar use both blood and scan and takea age into consideration. Another plus point for Harmony test is that you can confirm gender earlier but it's more ex than Oscar. In fact, ask your gynae what he or she offers. Harmony, panorama and M21 are all similar tests.

Hi Hi I have been battling with constipation since early weeks! i can definitely understand :(
There are times so bad that i bleed from too much pushing, was so worried about developing piles. (sorry if too much info)
I was given meds by my gynae to loosen my stools but i have not taken it. still trying to look for natural remedies. The iron supplements also worsened my condition - so I'm taking only every other day.
I find that eating kiwi helps for me....and also drinking lemon water (i squeeze 1/4 lemon into about 3-400 ml of water and drink every morning before breakfast) - its a good boost of vit c, and also the dose of water in the morning seems to help nurture an urge to do big business.....then have a fiber rich breakfast.....
i try to go everyday, little bit also good... cos if i let it build up the following days i will suffer....

a friend was sharing that warm milk helps for her...

Oh on prune juice - my gynae was saying can take but try not to take too much cos it contains sorbitol - some artificial sweetener. Try eating the prunes itself instead...

I would like to recommend my confinement nanny who is doing now doing confinement for me. She is hygienic, caring in looking after baby and she cleans kitchen after each cooking. During her stay with us, my girl was infected with virus and I have to bring my boy to paed on each alternate day. She looks after my girl while I am out with my boy. In summary, I will not survive without her great help. She is highly recommended.
what is the confinement fee?

Thanks olivia. I'm taking fybogel twice a day + cereal with high dietary fibre + fruit + 10 cups of water daily. Helps alot.

Hi! I'm a student from Singapore Polytechnic. With my group, I'm currently doing my Final Year Project on Pregnant mums. As part of the project,I need to interview a few mums-to-be in person. Are there any kind souls out?

dear working mummies and mummie to be, got a question relating to child care leave.
I understand that we are also entitled to the 6 days (if stayed with company > 12 months) in the year that the baby is born?
My HR tells me I can only take childcare leave after the baby is born and cannot carry forward to next year.
Since we are due in Dec, how are you all planning to clear this cos we have to start our maternity immediately as well?
I wrote in to MOM to ask but have not gotten a reply...

Oliva G, good question. 2 days paid by company and 4 days paid by government. I think it is shared by both parents so your hubby can use those leave to extend his bb leave. Typically for companies, u need to submit some forms before you can take the leaves, u & hubby can check w ur HR. Else I guess will have to forfeit.

for those edd end dec, really need 2ask n plan carefully... if not u will forgo all ur childcare leave for 2014...

tat's a gd qn, oliva. mummies having the 1st kid shld hv this chk out... for mummies having the 2nd kid, childcare leave is capped at 6 days regardless of number of kids under age of 7.

ya this is my first child...
i asked my HR, and she wasn't very helpful. just gave me all the clauses that I can read myself on MOM website.
And MOM came back with this reply :

"If the employee had given birth towards the end of the year , she will be on maternity leave for the rest of 2014. As such, she may not have the opportunity to take her childcare leave in 2014. In that case, she could only start taking her childcare leave from 2015 to 2021."

So in both cases (MOM and HR) I asked them back if that means I have to forfeit my childcare leave for this year, no reply. argh. seems like we really got to forfeit..?

any mummies or mtb has similar experiences, can share how you all resolve/plan to resolve it?

ya this is my first child...
i asked my HR, and she wasn't very helpful. just gave me all the clauses that I can read myself on MOM website.
And MOM came back with this reply :

"If the employee had given birth towards the end of the year , she will be on maternity leave for the rest of 2014. As such, she may not have the opportunity to take her childcare leave in 2014. In that case, she could only start taking her childcare leave from 2015 to 2021."

So in both cases (MOM and HR) I asked them back if that means I have to forfeit my childcare leave for this year, no reply. argh. seems like we really got to forfeit..?

any mummies or mtb has similar experiences, can share how you all resolve/plan to resolve it?
when is ur edd again?

Back