(2014/09) September 2014

Hi, congratulation to all mum2b and experience mum:)
I m expecting my 2nd, my des is 12/9.
My first appointment is next week & my Gynae is dr Heng parkway east
I have a 22mos daughter, who I breastfed for 16months. But I m not sure
If I will be able to give that to my 2nd child as I used to be a sahm but I might be
Returning to the workforce. Please add me to fb page too. Thanks! [email protected]
Good luck to all of us.

Last edited:

If I will be able to give that to my 2nd child as I used to be a sahm but I might be
Returning to the workforce. Please add me to fb page too. Thanks! [email protected]
Good luck to all of us.
I thought her clinic only allow appt after 12 weeks ?

Good luck to all of us.

Hi congrats! Added you to the Facebook group, do look out for an email invitation :)

So American ginseng is fine? I have a couple of teabags from eu yan sang that says 'american wild ginseng tea'.

can drink?

Extract from http://www.babycenter.com.my/a1036961/is-it-safe-to-take-ginseng-in-pregnancy:

"should you feel weak, fatigued, listless and short of breath or have heart tremors, loose stools or a weak pulse, you can take Pseudostellaria root (Radix Pesudostellariae or tai-zi-shen), which is also known as Western ginseng, to boost stamina and energy. These herbs are thought to relieve heatiness and improve general health."

Do update us. I have not make appt yet. The previous one did but m/c before the appt.

Hi everyone.. So I went for my appt with Dr Heng of Parkway East yest. Appt was at 11.40, and i reached exactly on time. I met the doc at about 12.10 and consult was less than 10 mins. Left clinic about 12.35 after collecting the medication. I had to make appt at Cassia Crescent as her appointments at Parkway East were full till mid- next week.

Edd is 13/09/14. The baby is low, she told me not to exercise, be extra careful and gave me hormone pills.. I am really praying that things will get better..

Hi everyone.. So I went for my appt with Dr Heng of Parkway East yest. Appt was at 11.40, and i reached exactly on time. I met the doc at about 12.10 and consult was less than 10 mins. Left clinic about 12.35 after collecting the medication. I had to make appt at Cassia Crescent as her appointments at Parkway East were full till mid- next week.

Edd is 13/09/14. The baby is low, she told me not to exercise, be extra careful and gave me hormone pills.. I am really praying that things will get better..
Congrats.. same edd as mine! I am waiting for my check now too.. did u do ultrasound or virginal scan? I scare too early to detect by ultrasound..

Hi Mummies, I'm also going to have an edd 8 sept be #3. Nice to know got quite a few who are also expecting #3. I'm kind of rusty cos it's been quite a few years since #2.

Extract from http://www.babycenter.com.my/a1036961/is-it-safe-to-take-ginseng-in-pregnancy:

"should you feel weak, fatigued, listless and short of breath or have heart tremors, loose stools or a weak pulse, you can take Pseudostellaria root (Radix Pesudostellariae or tai-zi-shen), which is also known as Western ginseng, to boost stamina and energy. These herbs are thought to relieve heatiness and improve general health."

Thanks! Heart tremors, I have that. Want to cry. So many ailments. This baby better be a healthy one. Mummy's suffering so much!

My edd 12-15 Sept too. Can know baby position at such early stage? How much for first consultation?

Hello everyone! I'm back to this forum after almost 4 years! Hehe! Having a no.2 this time and my EDD will be on 1 Sep. I always thought I'll only have one kid cos we didn't really plan for a second one. However when my hubby saw the 'Pregnant' word on the Clearblue kit, he was happy! Just had my scan last Sat when I was about 6 weeks pregnant. Happy to hear the heartbeat of the foetus already.

Nice to meet you all here!

My edd 12-15 Sept too. Can know baby position at such early stage? How much for first consultation?

Moo,

We have approximately the same edd. If based on lmp, my edd is sep 14 :) . Actually position is whereabouts in the uterus did the embryo implanted itself. Low means lower part of the uterus, closer to the cervix.

Hello everyone! I'm back to this forum after almost 4 years! Hehe! Having a no.2 this time and my EDD will be on 1 Sep. I always thought I'll only have one kid cos we didn't really plan for a second one. However when my hubby saw the 'Pregnant' word on the Clearblue kit, he was happy! Just had my scan last Sat when I was about 6 weeks pregnant. Happy to hear the heartbeat of the foetus already.

Nice to meet you all here!

Congrats supergal. This is also a comeback for me after 4 to 5 yrs :)

Moo,

We have approximately the same edd. If based on lmp, my edd is sep 14 :) . Actually position is whereabouts in the uterus did the embryo implanted itself. Low means lower part of the uterus, closer to the cervix.
Oh I see! Seems quite a few at 14 EDD here. And 3 might be seeing same Dr Heng

I m surprised by the machine.. its superd clear.. and can see the heartbeat.. but too early to hear.. I did ultrasound scan..

I thought her clinic only allow appt after 12 weeks ?
Hi mooo,

Usually 6 weeks can see Gynae already. My 1st is also w dr Heng.. My sister 2 preg & my sil 1 preg all w dr Heng.
I was there when I was abt 4 weeks accompany my sil for her last check up(Gave birth 12/1) I wanted to see dr Heng
Due to excessive discharge. Dr Heng did some testing for me and ask me to comes bk 2 weeks later for baby scan.
On 12 week I think is can sign package already. Which is much cheaper..

Hi changi,

How many weeks are you now? Im having my vaginal scan next wed. I had one last week but too early to see anything.

I was 5 weeks and 4 days when i did the ultrasound. At first, the doc said she couldnt see anything, but found the baby later:)

Are you both going for natural birth or c-sec? with or without epi if natural? anyone considering ligation after that?

I don't think i have a choice. C-sect cos my first two were by emergency c-sect.

Ligation - looking for some kind of birth control which is non-permanent. as i grow older, my poor heart cannot take the roller coaster of uncertainty and not to mention, the horrible first trimester pains and aches.

hi mummies, tested a strong positive this morning using first response. still in a slightly denial mode. cuz i just loss my first one due to blighted ovum 3 months back. Edd should be ard 26 Sep which is abt 4 weeks now. Praying hard that this is a successful one.

I don't think i have a choice. C-sect cos my first two were by emergency c-sect.

Ligation - looking for some kind of birth control which is non-permanent. as i grow older, my poor heart cannot take the roller coaster of uncertainty and not to mention, the horrible first trimester pains and aches.

Telly,

I was also contemplating on ligation after #2 but im afraid that I might regret it since im still young. What if im bored and want to have #3? We survived on condom as form of conception with no accidents for the past 5 yrs. Im not sure if it will be unfair to hb if we continue this form of contraception for another decade. If I opt for ligation, I will havr to do it during my c section :-(

@fairytooth, congrats! Perhaps call your gynae with your concerns and ask for some progesterone support?

Thanks the little things, issit really neccessary to have progesterone pill? my gyane previously had prescribe it for me...

anyway, i was with Dr Kang Wee previously but decided not to continue with her cuz i felt my money wasted there. Usually, 6 weeks might not be able to see the fetus, so instead of doing transvaginal scan, she just did a normal abdominal scan. Not once but consecutive for the next 2 appts. $600 fly away like tat. I went to KK for Dr John Tee and he immediately gave me a transvaginal scan. But end up i also dun like his attitude when he told me that it was not a successful one previously. I sought a 3rd opinion at Mount E thereafter. So anyone wanna recommend any gynae? Preferably in the central/ NE area... Thanks!

6w typically

Hopefully, i can hear baby heartbeat tomorrow. I'm 6 w 3 days now. Went for transvaginal scan last week,
Thanks the little things, issit really neccessary to have progesterone pill? my gyane previously had prescribe it for me...

anyway, i was with Dr Kang Wee previously but decided not to continue with her cuz i felt my money wasted there. Usually, 6 weeks might not be able to see the fetus, so instead of doing transvaginal scan, she just did a normal abdominal scan. Not once but consecutive for the next 2 appts. $600 fly away like tat. I went to KK for Dr John Tee and he immediately gave me a transvaginal scan. But end up i also dun like his attitude when he told me that it was not a successful one previously. I sought a 3rd opinion at Mount E thereafter. So anyone wanna recommend any gynae? Preferably in the central/ NE area... Thanks!

How about Doctor John Yam from Gleneagles? He's very detailed & gentle yet reasonable charges. My pregnancy was confirmed with him via transvaginal scan. Consultation+scan+medication cost me $160. Unlike others who always end their consultation briefly in about less than 5 minutes.

Hi Fairytooth, Dr Kowa Nam Sing at Mt E is very assuring, kind and fatherly. He doesnt rush through the visit and addresses all your concerns making you feel very loved as a well taken care of daughter of hers. He makes you feel precious and understands your anxieties. At least that is how he made me feel every visit.

Not really necessary. Only a gynae can advise I guess. I'm IVF so will be on progesterone support till 12-14 weeks. I'm w Ann Tan at paragon. Guess I'm more at ease with a female doc.

hi mummies, tested a strong positive this morning using first response. still in a slightly denial mode. cuz i just loss my first one due to blighted ovum 3 months back. Edd should be ard 26 Sep which is abt 4 weeks now. Praying hard that this is a successful one.

Congrats! Hope everything will go smoothly for you! :)

To all the newcomers & silent readers, a big congrats! :)

We have a secret Facebook group for our September 2014 edd. Do PM me with your Facebook email if you wish to join the group :)

Ladies, do use the PM instead of writing your email on this forum. Personally I'm quite fussed about confidentiality and your email address written here can be seen on the public domain. :)

Hello everyone. My edd thru apps is on 20 sep. As i am only 4wks and having spotting so i started seeing gynae. Anyone having similar prob as me? I have been on mc for 4 days since tues my 1st appt at sgh.

Btw sweetmadness, i will pm u my email add. :) hope u add me in fb grp. Thx u.

Hello everyone. My edd thru apps is on 20 sep. As i am only 4wks and having spotting so i started seeing gynae. Anyone having similar prob as me? I have been on mc for 4 days since tues my 1st appt at sgh.

Btw sweetmadness, i will pm u my email add. :) hope u add me in fb grp. Thx u.

Hi mummy yap ♡ baby yap,

I have the exact problem as you. I started spotting on the day I tested positive, which is 4 weeks 3 days. Due to the spotting, I went to gyne the next day. She wants to rule out ectopic and chemical.pregnancy. I did the first scan and first blood test and test showed good level.of hcg for 4 weeks so ruled out chemical. But she said its still a threatened miscarriage so gave me progesterone, uterine relaxant, bedrest and repeat blood test at 5 weeks. Im 6 weeks tmr and so far so good *if I dont walk to much*. Try to lie down as much as u can and drink more water. It definitely help reduced my spot.

Hi mummy yap ♡ baby yap,

I have the exact problem as you. I started spotting on the day I tested positive, which is 4 weeks 3 days. Due to the spotting, I went to gyne the next day. She wants to rule out ectopic and chemical.pregnancy. I did the first scan and first blood test and test showed good level.of hcg for 4 weeks so ruled out chemical. But she said its still a threatened miscarriage so gave me progesterone, uterine relaxant, bedrest and repeat blood test at 5 weeks. Im 6 weeks tmr and so far so good *if I dont walk to much*. Try to lie down as much as u can and drink more water. It definitely help reduced my spot.

Hi sapwol

I am only given mc for 4 days till tdy. Nxt wk im back to work. Nxt appt will b on nxt thurs. N it will only b 5th wk. Im only given hormone pills and folic acid. My 1st scan nth can be seen as it is only 4th wk womb, so have to pray tt nxt wk i can see some bubbles appearing. According to the dr, 5th wk can see some bubbles. Hmm i wonder what's that. Haha. Anyway i have been drinking lots of water compared to in the past, but the spotting still exist. It's almost a week. Was urs tt long too?

Hi sapwol

I am only given mc for 4 days till tdy. Nxt wk im back to work. Nxt appt will b on nxt thurs. N it will only b 5th wk. Im only given hormone pills and folic acid. My 1st scan nth can be seen as it is only 4th wk womb, so have to pray tt nxt wk i can see some bubbles appearing. According to the dr, 5th wk can see some bubbles. Hmm i wonder what's that. Haha. Anyway i have been drinking lots of water compared to in the past, but the spotting still exist. It's almost a week. Was urs tt long too?

Mummy yap,

Yes till now I still have spotting and its been 10 days long till date. Just need to stay positive and be hopeful. I have a friend who had an unwanted pregnancy and hoped to miscarry. She was happy when she was spotting and didnt rest. In the end she delivered her baby at full term. I hang on to her story to keep my hope up.

My obgyne advised no stairs (as much as possible), no heavy objects.

I guess what he meant by bubble is the gestational sac :)

Mummy yap,

Yes till now I still have spotting and its been 10 days long till date. Just need to stay positive and be hopeful. I have a friend who had an unwanted pregnancy and hoped to miscarry. She was happy when she was spotting and didnt rest. In the end she delivered her baby at full term. I hang on to her story to keep my hope up.

My obgyne advised no stairs (as much as possible), no heavy objects.

I guess what he meant by bubble is the gestational sac :)

Sapwol, it's nice to hear that of your fren. I am so worried about having spotting. Haiz. Let's encourage one another. Jiayou! :)

@mummy yap and @sapwol, for my #1 my spotting lasted almost 4 weeks. Even had gushes of blood and can see chunks of blood clots. And I continued on to have a normal pregnancy and have a boy. As long as no cramping, slight spotting is fine. TCM at that time said the spotting could be part of "old blood" not shredded fully in past menses cycle before you got pregnant. Good luck!

@mummy yap and @sapwol, for my #1 my spotting lasted almost 4 weeks. Even had gushes of blood and can see chunks of blood clots. And I continued on to have a normal pregnancy and have a boy. As long as no cramping, slight spotting is fine. TCM at that time said the spotting could be part of "old blood" not shredded fully in past menses cycle before you got pregnant. Good luck!

Hear ur good words. Shall pray for the best. Told my husband and he keep telling me that i have plenty of "old blood" then. -.-""" hahaha...

congratulations. The little things in.life. I read in one of ur post to do acu. Where can I do the acu?

I went to Thomson Chinese Medicine to do acu. Started with the outlet at katong 112 and occasionally went to the TMC outlet when the katong doc is out of town. Personally I prefer the doc at TMC (Dr Chen). All the docs I've seen are ladies.

Hopefully, i can hear baby heartbeat tomorrow. I'm 6 w 3 days now. Went for transvaginal scan last week,

How about Doctor John Yam from Gleneagles? He's very detailed & gentle yet reasonable charges. My pregnancy was confirmed with him via transvaginal scan. Consultation+scan+medication cost me $160. Unlike others who always end their consultation briefly in about less than 5 minutes.

What is his charges for delivery? does he do any packages? Does he only deliver at gleneagles?

Hi Fairytooth, Dr Kowa Nam Sing at Mt E is very assuring, kind and fatherly. He doesnt rush through the visit and addresses all your concerns making you feel very loved as a well taken care of daughter of hers. He makes you feel precious and understands your anxieties. At least that is how he made me feel every visit.

I kinda like mount E services but hubby is worries about their delivery fee... Does he do any packages? Issit very difficult to book an appointment?

Back