(2014/08) August 2014

@shirleyten, my baby was 332g at 22w so considered small. They diagnosed as earky onset symmetrically small baby. She had a hole in her hesrt but luckily closed liao. Sbe also has a receding chin and a hyper flexed right wrist. So worried abt her. Hope she can put on some more weight.
I'm so happy for you that the hole in her heart is closed!!! My little precious has it too.. I'm hoping to get some good news when I go back for another review in 4 weeks time.. it's been on our minds for such a long time!

I'm so happy for you that the hole in her heart is closed!!! My little precious has it too.. I'm hoping to get some good news when I go back for another review in 4 weeks time.. it's been on our minds for such a long time!
Hihi so happy for u.. will keep ur baby in prayer

@shirleyten, my baby was 332g at 22w so considered small. They diagnosed as earky onset symmetrically small baby. She had a hole in her hesrt but luckily closed liao. Sbe also has a receding chin and a hyper flexed right wrist. So worried abt her. Hope she can put on some more weight.
Fifteen May, my girl only 318g at 20 weeks. no worries girl weight lighter.

Fifteenmay & tiffy - did you find out there is a hole in heart thru detailed scan or normal gynae visit?
Found out during my detailed scan.. then my gynae told me this finding increased my chances of my baby having down syndrome.. was told to do amnio asap to confirm before my 24 weeks in case we wanted to make any decisions.. but me and hubs went for to doc ananda for second opinion and decided not to go for the amnio.. so I'm due for a follow up visit with KK..

Hi all.. It's my 23 weeks already. I'm seeing Dr loh at TMC. Just wondering what kind of routine tests do the rest of you all do during the monthly checkup? For me, I'm only asked to pee onto this strip with blue and yellow box. And than just take blood pressure and weight. That's all..
I'm seeing some of your gynaes also do glucose level checks?? How is this being done?
Also does your gynae tell u the baby weight each visit? I went for the scan today but doc never mention anything abt weight. Just took the head width and hear the heartbeat and told me everything is ok... Wondering if he is doing too little and I should request for more details during the nxt visit.. Your advice is very much appreciated .

Hi pooh_girl.. I had exactly the same routine as u. If gyane didn't say much means u r doing well and there is nothing to be concern of. The peeing of strip, one of the colour box is to test for sugar level in ur urine. Don't know which colour. Lol.

Unless u got questions for them. . Otherwise its pretty standard.

Hi all.. It's my 23 weeks already. I'm seeing Dr loh at TMC. Just wondering what kind of routine tests do the rest of you all do during the monthly checkup? For me, I'm only asked to pee onto this strip with blue and yellow box. And than just take blood pressure and weight. That's all..
I'm seeing some of your gynaes also do glucose level checks?? How is this being done?
Also does your gynae tell u the baby weight each visit? I went for the scan today but doc never mention anything abt weight. Just took the head width and hear the heartbeat and told me everything is ok... Wondering if he is doing too little and I should request for more details during the nxt visit.. Your advice is very much appreciated .

Hihi usualliy i will ask my gynae abt my baby weight.. however she will give me a estimated.. whenever she did e measurement for head width, stomache, length of baby leg, baby height she explained it is to check baby growing healthy.. if ur gynae didnt say anything which mean it is healthy..

Hi..hi.hi.. I'm 27week. My check up same as well... is quite standard. Every visit will test urin test. Blood pressure and weight. When seeing gyane. . Doc will do scanning. .. tell at the heart beat and let u hear it as well. M

Thanks gals for your reply.. :)
Rest more when you can...I'm feeling so tired everyday.. Can't really feel the baby kick that often. Only when lying down to slp at night than I can feel my boy kick more...

Dear mummies, need some opinion. My edd is 3rd aug, and i have chosen to go for an elective csect. The problem is my gynae will be on a month long holiday in July and she has scheduled my csect for 4th aug. She is of the opinion that first time mummies are usually late in delivery. My fear is that I might go into labour early and my husband will not be with me in time (am delivering in Australia). Should I bring forward the date? Appreciate some advise please, thanks!

Csecr means u can choose any date after 37 weeks. Since u r not doing natural, why ur gynae suggested later than ur Edd? Weird.. sounds like its more of a convenient for her than what u wanted?

Will u go and choose auspicious date for Csect? Many moms do that.

Dear mummies, need some opinion. My edd is 3rd aug, and i have chosen to go for an elective csect. The problem is my gynae will be on a month long holiday in July and she has scheduled my csect for 4th aug. She is of the opinion that first time mummies are usually late in delivery. My fear is that I might go into labour early and my husband will not be with me in time (am delivering in Australia). Should I bring forward the date? Appreciate some advise please, thanks!
N my gynae told me first time mom usually baby comes earlier. My EDD is 12aug n gynae told me I Shd be done before national day early Aug

I heard so many ppl giving birth 2 weeks ahead of edd.. although I am 8 Aug but I think I will be giving birth one week earlier which is hari raya week. 6 senses.. lol .. hopefully natural. .

I hope for end Jul though... The ball is getting big & uncomfortable. Hope he will come out & see the world once he's developed ... & a short & smooth delivery

I also hope baby will come out earlier! But.. That would mean my maternity leave and annual leave will end before the year ends. Haha.

I've started my antenatal classes and its been very informative!!

Adelena: usually your gynae shd haf a standby gynae in case anything happens during july period. My gynae was away for 1 week n he had a standby gynae in case I had issues.
Maybe you shd double check again w gynae in case you pop end jul as your edd is 1 day difference w mine. My first one was delivered 1 week earlier- c sect too.

hi mummies, my CL never brief me on what to buy or prepare. appreciate if someone can send me their confinement shopping list & where I can buy the herbs, rice wine, vinegar, etc. thanks!!

Hihi for herbs i m buying from a herbal shop in bugis cos there e quality is good for wine i m buying dom. Rice wine i buy from a reliable auntie who make n vinegar can get from any provision shop

Hi adelena, welcome here.

You edd is 3aug? Usually we may go into labour from 37/38wk onwards. My #01pop at 38wks...and is quite common to be early..but some pop after edd...is also common... is unpredictable.
If ur gynae is away when u wanna pop, guess no choice a replacement gynae will help.

But why u choose csect? Not going for natural?
For ur hubby, he cant be with u? Best he can standby ur side when u are around 38wks onwards...if u need him around lor....

It's rly weird to schedule c sect aft EDD. U better ask for an earlier appt w her backup obgyn.

Are you ladies having inner thigh chafting nowadays? Been perspiring so much more now and my inner thighs end up very sore after the chafting. Any idea how to work around this? I put powder to relieve - but when it happens when I'm outside and no powder around, I don't know what to do.. Except going to the toilet to dry up the perspiration. But it comes back almost immediately :(

Are you ladies having inner thigh chafting nowadays? Been perspiring so much more now and my inner thighs end up very sore after the chafting. Any idea how to work around this? I put powder to relieve - but when it happens when I'm outside and no powder around, I don't know what to do.. Except going to the toilet to dry up the perspiration. But it comes back almost immediately :(

hmm. I wear pants & shorts most of the time. also try to stay indoor with air con most of the time since weather so hot nowadays. so far not much problems.

usually ppl will chose a date earlier than EDD for elective csect, usually ard 38-39weeks, else may end up with emergency csect instead if baby decides to come early? look for another gynae instead?

I'm planning to have my elective csect on 38-39 wks too..

I also wear leggings rather than dresses/skirts so don't have this problem, but will wearing natural fibres such as cotton help? This will help to improve air circulation particularly weather so hot.

@kopibeanie - my maternity pants which I bought during my first trimester have become v tight! Also. I realised when I wear pants, the perspiration doesn't dry up.. So it's very gross by the end of the day! Not sure if I still wanna invest in pants as I'd spent a bomb on them and now all cannot fit liao. Dresses can wear until full term wouldn't have this issue..

@Seaturtle - My job doesn't allow me to wear leggings. Not even with long tops :(

Ya I agree dresses more comfy and can wear till full term. Have u tried snake cooling powder? I find that the methol in it cools down skin quite fast. Just bring one small bottle or stash one in the office :). But be careful don't put powder near our that area cos not good for health.

Hi ladies how do u deal w pple on bus n mrt who don't give up their priority seats? I encountered a few times with students who weren't sleeping but refused to give up their seats. Either look away furtively when I glare at them or pretend to be engrossed in their phones.

Hi ladies how do u deal w pple on bus n mrt who don't give up their priority seats? I encountered a few times with students who weren't sleeping but refused to give up their seats. Either look away furtively when I glare at them or pretend to be engrossed in their phones.
Maybe you can ask them politely if they could give up their seat for you?

Maybe you can ask them politely if they could give up their seat for you?

@xlxin...I experienced the same.
Till my stomach is more obvious and protruding and started to have people offering seats to me however not everytime.

And worst of all...majority which have offered me are foreigners (thai student, Philippino and even blangdeshes) well...Singaporeans did but of my 26wk preg only 1 or 2..

Yes, if you're not too good just ask them nicely.

You are not alone... I snapped a picture of a group of JCs student. The girl sitting at the priority saw me, whisper to her friend then rest her head on her lap to sleep. Her guys friends who were beside here were chatting and playing with my phone.
I have yet to find the JC that they are in and report them to their principles!

Lucky for me, very often I was offer seats on the train..
But I seldom travel during peak hours.

There's once when nobody offered a seat to me, the lady standing next to me asked me if I needed a seat.
Altho' I told her it's ok as I was getting off in 3 stops. She still went ahead and asked someone to give up the seat for me.
It's really very nice of her. The person who was been asked also graciously gave up her seat. It turned out she was so engrossed in her ipad that she didn't notice me.

Ya I agree dresses more comfy and can wear till full term. Have u tried snake cooling powder? I find that the methol in it cools down skin quite fast. Just bring one small bottle or stash one in the office :). But be careful don't put powder near our that area cos not good for health.
My mom says snake powder may not be safe. If need be, perhaps try baby powder?

Thanks ladies for sharing. I reluctant to ask pple for seats but might have to do so if not feeling well or bus too shaky. :p

Thanks ladies! I'll go check them out..

I've almost stopped taking bus altogether as I think sometimes.. Its not even safe even when we have a seat!!

hi ladies, I usually in the fb but seems like chat here is more alive =P

@Seaturtle, I usually stand infront of the reserved seats, if still nobody offered, I will ask politely.
I've encountered preggies standing at the door facing away from the seats. I felt if we need the seat, we should just walked over.
Normally people will give up the seat bah.

PS: I ever tried pretending to vomit onto a man who was dressed up like a business man, at reserved seat, eyes open but die die cannot see me. Bth!

Haha milk tea I know what u mean. I usually stand next to the priority seats instead of standing opp the door where there are no seats.

Agree w queensg that bus oso very dangerous but it gets me nearer to the destination than mrt so I still take it occasionally.

When my tummy was still small, ppl will rather assume I'm just fat and not pregnant. For now I will sure wear more tight fitting top that will show my tummy. Most of the time will get a seat without requesting but there r also times where ppl will ignore esp those with heavy/bulky items.

I sure ask for one when tummy gets heavier n nobody give up their seat

Trying to beat the afternoon zzz monster in the office . No coffee no tea .. Aiyo very hard to stay alert!

hi ladies, I usually in the fb but seems like chat here is more alive =P

@Seaturtle, I usually stand infront of the reserved seats, if still nobody offered, I will ask politely.
I've encountered preggies standing at the door facing away from the seats. I felt if we need the seat, we should just walked over.
Normally people will give up the seat bah.

PS: I ever tried pretending to vomit onto a man who was dressed up like a business man, at reserved seat, eyes open but die die cannot see me. Bth!

Huh? pretending to vomit so bad ah? If I am standing infront of the priority seat and nobody give up the seat for me, I will rub my tummy. Though sometimes this doesn't work but I think at least it is better than pretending to vomit ba.... lol

Back