(2014/08) August 2014

Hi all!
Silent reader of this thread for a few weeks' now.
Went for my first appointment on 03/01/14 and was informed that I was 5 weeks+ pregnant then, EDD 31/08/14.
Only saw the sac, could not hear heartbeat then. We are going back to the clinic on Friday and really hope to hear/see more.

MS wise - it was bad last week. Threw up, bad indigestion, bloating.. but has since been manageable this week.
I am able to eat well for breakfast and lunch (have been eating korean bbq for the past 4 days!!!), but dinner is a different story as anything fried/rice-based/sight of vegetables etc really puts me off. I've resorted to having bread for the past few nights.
Anyway, the throwing up/nausea has sort of disappeared. To the point I am concerned whether or not bb is still around! Anyone else feeling this way? :(

Just spoke with the nurse, my gynae says it is due to my tilted uterus trying to push forward as the pregnancy continues, which is why I am experiencing this sharp stabbing pain at this stage. Said it will last for a couple of days for some ppl. As long as no staining, it should be fine.

I will monitor and try to limit movement to just loo trips at work.

I say my prayer everyday, praying for God's mercy.

I have had 3 miscarriages in the last one year, so you can imagine the fear I have with every single sign spotted or missing.

Btw, to add on the previous msg, some Lor Mee contains herbs too. Best to ask before ordering any food that might suspiciously contains herbs.

sorry to hear abt the past miscarriages you had.
Hope everything will be okay for you.

Waiwish, I think if can, u better take 2days MC to rest at home.
I would love to, but i've taken up all MCs and had quite a fair bit of hospitalisation leave whole of 2013 due to my miscarriages. So I'm trying to be careful not to upset the management too much.

Thanks for the concern, I can only pray things are progressing well as per last visit. :)

I would love to, but i've taken up all MCs and had quite a fair bit of hospitalisation leave whole of 2013 due to my miscarriages. So I'm trying to be careful not to upset the management too much.

Thanks for the concern, I can only pray things are progressing well as per last visit. :)

Pray it sticky one

Take care and keep your spirits up! God is in control!

Hi all!
Went for my first appointment on 03/01/14 and was informed that I was 5 weeks+ pregnant then, EDD 31/08/14.
Only saw the sac, could not hear heartbeat then. We are going back to the clinic on Friday and really hope to hear/see more.

MS wise - it was bad last week. Threw up, bad indigestion, bloating.. but has since been manageable this week.
I am able to eat well for breakfast and lunch (have been eating korean bbq for the past 4 days!!!), but dinner is a different story as anything fried/rice-based/sight of vegetables etc really puts me off. I've resorted to having bread for the past few nights.
Anyway, the throwing up/nausea has sort of disappeared. To the point I am concerned whether or not bb is still around! Anyone else feeling this way? :(
We have the same EDD!!
MS is really bad. I'm really hoping it gets better aft 1st tri.

Hi all!

i'm 10+w now. my MS's been getting much better this week. yeah! but my lower back is giving me problems now. sigh.

Just spoke with the nurse, my gynae says it is due to my tilted uterus trying to push forward as the pregnancy continues, which is why I am experiencing this sharp stabbing pain at this stage. Said it will last for a couple of days for some ppl. As long as no staining, it should be fine.

I will monitor and try to limit movement to just loo trips at work.

I say my prayer everyday, praying for God's mercy.

I have had 3 miscarriages in the last one year, so you can imagine the fear I have with every single sign spotted or missing.

Btw, to add on the previous msg, some Lor Mee contains herbs too. Best to ask before ordering any food that might suspiciously contains herbs.

take care & jiayou!

Hi Mummies,

I came across this on Channel 8 Facebook Post and they are giving away 10 pairs of tickets to this Dumex Event on 19th January.
Though it is interesting and maybe we should try to go? I can't copy the link from the facebook so I just copy and paste the text here.

It seems like a 4 course dinner prepared for pregnant mums and prepared by Celebrity Chef Eric Teo.

Good morning! Have u registered for Danone Dumex's "Best Nutrition For Two (2014)" event? We are giving away 10 pairs of tickets to educate expectant mothers how to eat right during pregnancy. The event is inclusive of a 4-course dinner gala at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel!

Entries are open to expectant mothers only. Send your entries to [email protected] with the header "Best Nutrition For Two Contest" the following details:

-Your full name
-Your contact number
-Your IC number
-Your age
-Name of accompanying person
-Relationship with accompanying person
-What you hope to achieve out of this event

*This contest is open till 16 January 2014, 12 noon.
*Duplicate entries will not be accepted.
*Incomplete entries will not be accepted.
*We will inform you if u are selected by 17 January 2014.

Don't wait, send in your entries now!

http://www.dumex.com.sg/pfh2014 - This is the event poster.

I am also 8w and no symptoms at all now...
We should count our blessings! :)
So you had symptoms previously and they were all gone now? Or you just didnt have any to begin with?

I am just paranoid given my history.
Before today, just the thought of food can make me feel like puking. I didnt literally vomit at all so far, just a queasy feeling since week 6 till ytd. But I didnt feel this way today.

And my slightly tender nipples are less so today too. It was never sore to begin with, just slightly more tender nipples.

We have the same EDD!!
MS is really bad. I'm really hoping it gets better aft 1st tri.

When did yours start? Mine started exactly at 6 weeks!
But it's really been manageable now and I'm wondering if its due to the prenatal tablet I'm taking.
I'm taking the Rainbow Light Prenatal One (took it before I conceived, stopped somewhere in Jun 2013 and continued in Dec 2013). Anyone else taking this? There are quite good reviews on iherb and amazon. Showed my gynae, she said as long as it has sufficient folic acid it would be fine.

Seems like other ladies here also have no symptoms/fading symptoms. I guess that's possible too?

So you had symptoms previously and they were all gone now? Or you just didnt have any to begin with?

I am just paranoid given my history.
Before today, just the thought of food can make me feel like puking. I didnt literally vomit at all so far, just a queasy feeling since week 6 till ytd. But I didnt feel this way today.

And my slightly tender nipples are less so today too. It was never sore to begin with, just slightly more tender nipples.

Yeah.. but was minimal.
I had sore boobs, cramps, feel nauseous and tired very easily... but now other than pee a lot more now... I don't feel anything.

But my craving has increased! hahaha...

Yeah.. but was minimal.
I had sore boobs, cramps, feel nauseous and tired very easily... but now other than pee a lot more now... I don't feel anything.

But my craving has increased! hahaha...
Glad to know this is something normal, nothing to worry over. Thanks for sharing.

Coz I was worried the fading of symptoms is taking place way too early given it's only 8w+. I read usually symptoms only go away after first trimester if they do go away that is.

Pardon me for being a paranoid! And I have to say sharing on this forum keeps me sane and makes the journey more assuring apart from seeking God's mercy and grace.

Thank you all!!

Glad to know this is something normal, nothing to worry over. Thanks for sharing.

Coz I was worried the fading of symptoms is taking place way too early given it's only 8w+. I read usually symptoms only go away after first trimester if they do go away that is.

Pardon me for being a paranoid! And I have to say sharing on this forum keeps me sane and makes the journey more assuring apart from seeking God's mercy and grace.

Thank you all!!

Last wk, for about 1-2days I didn't have much feeling also, for that moment I thgt my MS was gone. But then it come back again. I am 10wks now. And still having MS.

don't worry so much. Just let nature take it course. You will be alright. Don't think so much. Leave it to the hand of God. Everything is great!
We will pray for u!

hi everyone.. I am new here, in my 9 weeks 1 day and this is my first child! So excited! I was referred to KKH subsidies clinic by Yishun Polyclinic. Went for my 1st checkup on 10th Jan. They did scanning. I can see the waterbag and foetus and can see the heartbeat. Need some feedback on KKH. Which is better? giving birth at KKH or private hospital?

I went for my scan on Tuesday and could see the beanie hand and legs moving... So excited lor... I ask the doc if can hear heartbeat she say it is not very gd to hear the heartbeat at the moment as the waves is not gd for the baby... But is ok... Will wait patiently... Can see baby moving already very happy Liao... Lol...

Hello Mummies,

Just something to share with you all.
I just visited my Chinese Sinseh yesterday.
He give me a list of things that I should not eat at this point of my pregnancy. And in particular, he emphasize a lot on a Chinese herb called Dang Gui, as it will affect the hormones and is not suitable for pregnant women.
He also cautioned me that some of the food sold outside do contain Dang Gui and thus avoid eating them such as Bak Kut Teh, the dark color soup by Duck Rice stall, Herbal Emperor Chicken etc.

Hmm... I donno about the Chinese sinseh... There are also many gynae who say diff things on food also... Like for me my gynae say avoid raw food and some cheese ok le... The rest of the food eat moderate... And eat more healthy.... So I guess a little of those shd b fine ba? :)

hi everyone.. I am new here, in my 9 weeks 1 day and this is my first child! So excited! I was referred to KKH subsidies clinic by Yishun Polyclinic. Went for my 1st checkup on 10th Jan. They did scanning. I can see the waterbag and foetus and can see the heartbeat. Need some feedback on KKH. Which is better? giving birth at KKH or private hospital?

Congrats! Same like u it is my first child and I am also very excited... Which hospital to choose actually depends on where u r comfortable and of cos price diff... It is still too early for us to choose actually... But u can take a look at each hospital package first... Still can choose... Haha...

Btw I have 1 fren who delivers at kkh and her feed back given was bad... As she is in pain and going to deliver soon the nurses at first attend to her all went off to another mum who is also delivering and emergency case... And leave no 1 with her... She was damn upset about it as she is first time and In paint and she also donno wat to do...

But I also have ppl telling me that kkh is good... And she likes it... So actually it all depends on u de...

Congrats! If possible, pte hospital would be better... My gf waited for 2 hrs for her stitching after delivery at KK hospital.

I had bad experience with ultrasound scanning dept with KkH which is why I never want to go back even if I need to pay more

I saw a poll abt maternity hospitals in sg and kkh top the chart. Yet I heard contradicting reviews abt kkh. Kkh is definitely cheaper than pte hospitals... but imo I think it depends on ur luck to hv a gd overall experience. Pte hospitals are usually more focused on svc so pay more but definitely will be more xin an to know u will be in gd hands. Thr's maternity tour that we can request for while deciding which hospital to go.. so go see see look lool thn decide ltr. But mk sure ur gynae at kkh is able to deliver at pte hospital if u choose to go thr.

G'morning all.

Do you know if milo is safe to drink everyday? I read somewhere that someone has quitted milo and coffee. I wonder if the caffeine content in milo is harmful if drank on daily basis?

And when can we start taking birds' nest?

Hi waiwish, I am still taking milo. My SIL took it day and night when she was preg too. I think should be safe?

My sinseh says I can only start birds' nest and other tonic in the 2nd trimester. Also cannot take too much. I will share with you gals what my sinseh says when I reach 2nd trimester ok :)

Have a great weekend to all!

wow.. been a long time since I last logged in..

#Waiwish, I think milo should be ok as my gynae didn't put that on the 'prohibited list of things to eat'. For my #1, I drank milo like water.. A cup of milo in the morning, tea break, lunch, then supper and in middle of night too..

Bird nest and other tonics, can start in 2nd tri, from wk 20 onwards if you want to play safe.. My sinseh told me I can take bird nest and tonic all the way till I pop, but it seems that different sinseh will give different advice..

Hi waiwish, I am still taking milo. My SIL took it day and night when she was preg too. I think should be safe?

My sinseh says I can only start birds' nest and other tonic in the 2nd trimester. Also cannot take too much. I will share with you gals what my sinseh says when I reach 2nd trimester ok :)

Have a great weekend to all!
i am taking milo every morning too! Helps to keep my MS away!
My sinseh gave me ok for Milo but no coffee and tea for me.

My sinseh also told me now 1st trimester, take tonic and birds' nest not much use becoz baby won't absorb.
He told me he will advise me again during 2nd trimester the type of tonic I can take.
For birds' nest, he said it's best taken when the baby is developing the respiratory system which I can't rem which week it was.
He actually ran me thru' the 40 weeks on which part baby is developing during which week but info overload, I can't rem everything. =P

G'morning all.

Do you know if milo is safe to drink everyday? I read somewhere that someone has quitted milo and coffee. I wonder if the caffeine content in milo is harmful if drank on daily basis?

And when can we start taking birds' nest?
Hello Waiwish. How are you feeling? My gynae said bird's nest from 5 months onwards.

I've been abstaining from chocolate/sweet stuff. To have some taste, I drink Yakult or a bit of fruit juice!

I went for my second appointment today! Supposed to be around 7weeks plus but baby was size of 8 weeks plus! Saw heart beating and was really relieved cos my morning sickness symptoms subsided since last week. Very thankful.
We've scheduled an OSCAR scan 3 weeks' later.
I was given fish oil today on top of the current prenatal vitamins I'm having..

For birdnest, I already start taking seen the day I announced I preg. My MIL cook like 1pot and ask me to take everyday.. Finish, she cook again.. But Makes me feel sick sometimes with my MS.

What have you been eating?
Maybe u wanna boil some barley water to drink

nothing special, think too much biscuits, milo & spicy food, heaty sia.. plus not been taking enough cooling stuff like barley, fruits, etc. coz tot need to avoid cooling stuff. the article says we shld be eating more cooling stuff during pregnancy instead! wonder true anot. anyway already made barley to drink. :)

Thanks everyone for the advice and feedback! :) A friend of mine just gave birth at kkh 2 days ago and i was quite shock to hear this! she was in pain and her water bag broke so she rushed to kkh only to be told there were no beds available yet and to go home first. Aiyo…

KKH The private Suite would be better right?

Also i have 1 more question; in what week will you have tender/swollen breast? mine is as per normal.. nothing unusual...

You got to go to your email address in order to join the group.
Did you receive the email? From the email then you can join in.

Hi, can I know which email address will I be receiving from? I have long seen read my mail. More then 500 unread mails now. Else can add me again? [email protected] thanks!!!

hi there everyone, hope everyone is having a great day. Just wanted to check if anyone has the same issues as me. My scalp used to be normal, but ever since I got pregnant, I have very itchy scalp and rashes on my back and chest. Does anyone has any remedy or suggested shampoo that I may use? Its killing me.

i hope you guys could add me to the Facebook group too, my email is [email protected].

hi there everyone, hope everyone is having a great day. Just wanted to check if anyone has the same issues as me. My scalp used to be normal, but ever since I got pregnant, I have very itchy scalp and rashes on my back and chest. Does anyone has any remedy or suggested shampoo that I may use? Its killing me.

i hope you guys could add me to the Facebook group too, my email is [email protected].
I have the same problem... I'm itchy everywhere too!! I try have shower at least twice and maybe try putting some powder on your back?

Back