(2013/08) August 2013

think that time she googled online and then read somewhere that drinking more water might help, so she started drinking 3L of water a day. she's also doing that for this pregnancy now. haha. not sure if she knows of any other advices from gynae or elsewhere.

Now Im only in my 2nd trimester but I am already feeling very uncomfortable with the belly. Although its not that huge yet but i have problems breathing sometimes. Then i cannot find a good position to sit at work or to sleep at home. I have been waking up in the wee hours recently and I cannot sleep back. My skin felt like it has been stretched to the maximum. My gosh.. And the loo is like my best friend. I have to visit it every hour. I am so so tired and there is like another 16 weeks to go. I just hope baby will grow well and comfortably and i can endure the 16th weeks..

Oisterbaby: I know what you feel...i am also feeling the same way...nowadays my tummy feels like its dropping...>.< need to stretch but scare i might hurt my legiment...lying down on bed need to constantly change position...if not it hurts like mad when i decided to stay in a position and suddenly standing up...feel like i can't breath properly because of this tummy also...

sleeping...baby will kick before i sleep...and sometimes it very hard to fall asleep...but definately i want my baby to grow healthy....nowadays like what u say..drink abit of water have to go toilet...if not i scare UTI T.T

Hi Mommies!~

Im a Jan mommy and I am lettng go of my pram as my son seldom use it nowadays.

It is in excellent condition

It's a Combi Miracle Turn Premier (Green Leaf color)
Bought it at S$729, selling it at $580 (Negotiable for serious buyers)

For more information, please sms me at 90660284.

The most advanced stroller ever made.

The Miracle Turn is the most advanced stroller ever made and the top of the Combi stroller range. It’s a brilliant automatic wheel switching system that locks the back wheels and unlocks the front wheels whenever you reverse the handle. Suitable from Newborn to 20 kgs.

Lightweight (6.3 kgs)
Easy open/fold
Double fold makes it super compact
Multiple seat recline
Reversible handle
Constant front steering
Orthopaedic seat cushion
Four-wheel suspension
Huge sunshade
Seat ventilation system
Size (Folded):100H x 47W x 32D

8314674.jpg

Yuki, dun worry too much. Listen to ur gynae and try out first.

Re heavy tummy
It gets horribly heavy on days that I'm very bz...the tummy feels like double the weight. I look silly holding it up with my hands. But when I get well rested, it' feels so much lighter and more manageable.. But yes, I can't imagine how it'll be like when we reach 3rd tri! Now already feels like lugging a watermelon around..

Yoohoo. Yuki, i'm here!

During the detailed scan, i was diagnosed with low amniotic fluid. I think the range is abt 7, i was abt a 6..

Dr said nothin i can do, just rest more on my left.
I researched and a few sites said to drink much more water. Cos amniotic fluid is also baby's urine, if baby doesnt get enuf water, how is baby going to produce urine?

So from my 1.5L a day (i wasnt very obedient in drinking 1.5L b4 tht also), i double my intake. By third trimester, amniotic fluid increased to above 7. Though not above 8, but my gynae was satisfied.

I never came across any suggestions to take aspirin leh. I dont think i will feel comfortable with that too, cos its a blood thinner. It will thin baby's blood also leh. And what does the birds nest do?

U wanna ask the dr if u can try the increased water intake for a month instead of aspirin first?

My habit of drinking 3L a day at work continued after i delivered. So b4 i was pregnant this time, i was drinkig alot of water liao. This time thankfully enuf amniotic fluids.

Hallo...

Anyone is thinking to sign up for cordlife?

Cordlife is having promotion now. Do let me know if you want to sign up and I can be your referral as I have signed up with them. Each of us will get $150 shopping voucher.

You can email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

wlilian, I'm also not sure why I had a bad tear. Yes gynae did cut but still, I have a tear. Hopefully this time round I won't have tear since its second birth now, it should have already be more flexible as it has been stretched before... I guess.

I signed up with Stemcord. I think with Mt A ladies card there's some discount so I signed up.

Lyra, r u signing up with stemcord for #2 too?
I sign up with Stemcord for #1 due to Mt A discount too. Now thinking whether to donate for #2, sign up with Cordlife or Stemcord...

Baby S/Amanda: hoohoo, finally babys replied me! well i did ask the gynae whether is safe to take aspirin, he said very very low dose. Shouldnt be a problem. As for bird nest, he said help to give more nutrient to the baby, I also dont know why he said bird nest is good.

Regarding on the drinking water, i also did research and found the same thing. I usually drink about 1.5l of water, but this week seems to be lesser. may be that's the cause of low amniotic fluid. My detail scan is next week so i really dont know what's the figure of the fluid im having.

i'm targeting to drink 3l like Baby S and see whether next month will have some improvement. FTM, so will listen to gynae to take aspirin too since he guarantee is very SAFE! may be after next mth no improvement, I might not continue to take aspirin (btw the apsirin not like usual aspirin)

oh well, hopefulyl bird nest, water will help to increase the fluid. wish me luck yah!

Yuki @ east: hmm...not sure if 100plus would help also...it helps to keep your body hydrate so maybe it might help with the fluid thing...

Who knows, maybe detailed scan will show fluid is enuf.. Dont worry!
Just make urself drink more water for now and take nourishing stuff like soups etc.
No caffine cos it dehydrates u..

All the best yuki!
happy.gif
drink more water and rest more. Hopefully your amniotic fluid level will be good by your detailed scan! But anyway how did your gynae measure the fluid level? Or is it cos baby small so ask you to take more nourishing stuffs? Cos I read before baby small may also be linked to low fluid levels. If its cos bb small then maybe Eat more drink more and maybe take some mummy milk?

Yuki : That's why my friend was saying we should wear a t-shirt or something that writes 'We are not fat. We are pregnant!' LOL

How on earth to drink 3L of water a day? I barely hit 1L a day. I'm never a water person, always have problem drinking water. Plus recently the air really is not good, my cough coming back again. I don't want to go on drip :-(

How to measure the amniotic fluid level anyway?

thanks for all the concern and encouragement!! Yes... WATER!!! i dont really like water either, but for the baby's sake, i will do anything!!!

i google and said ultrasound is able to determine the amniotic fluid level. but didnt ask what was mine level, coz didnt know there's a measurement.

Gynae said baby not too big, not too small. compare to my EDD, baby is indeed 3 days bigger. 400g around end of week 20. is all the mummies around the similar weight?

Jos: good idea. is there a T-shirt that writes those words? lol.

but you know what, i realized mostly men are the ones who give up their seats. most females, young or old will ignore preggies. dont understand coz they themselves are women too...y want to torture the same species???

I like water but not so much until drink 3L.. But for baby, i was driven to do anything..

I dont drink all at one shot, i sip throughout the day, 8 hrs lor.

Yuki : baby was also around 400g by week 20 for me :)

I got a question... maybe those who have #1 &amp; more can answer? Coz my colleagues keep telling me, when u first come out of hospital, first few days will have little milk but don't worry... dun feed the baby with formula just let the baby cry for awhile... baby has storage for at least 3 days...

is it true? anybody tried not feeding the baby when there's no milk?

coz everybody told me this would be a problem for me esp my MIL is doing confinement for me... old ppl dun understand and sure want to feed formula...

n one colleague even told me they didn't feed water also until the baby was 6 mths old...

Jos, when i first tried to latch on baby in ward, even the lactation consultant gave up after we tried for 1 mins. Baby didnt wanna latch, then when latch, can see she frustrated cos nothing. And when cons check for me, no milk. She said nvm, just give baby milk, meanwhile i pump and see if have or not.

I wouldnt let baby cry becos of starvation. If cry too much, can cause baby to have hernia lor..

Sotongberry (agneslim): im planning to take pre-natal yoga class at Simei. the class will start from this mth 23rd. You can visit this website.
http://www.inspiremumbaby.com/inspiremum.asp

Jos: Thanks for assuring that at least my bb not under weight ;)

Although i'm FTM, i heard from my colleagues who have been doing breastfeeding till now(baby already 1 yr old) said baby got storage about 2 days. Her daughter didnt wanna drink milk and slept thru for the whole 2days!

As for water, i read from articles that water is not good for just born babies. but my colleague said if u r feeding F1, the baby needs water. if u r breastfeeding, no water is require.

hope this helps

**MUMMY PACKAGE**

Package 1: 10% discount of regular price!
- Either size or combined size: bi-weekly delivery from 4th month until 7th month pregnancy. Total: 8 bowls

* Small size(1 serving): Discounted at SGD 27.00/bowl (incl. delivery) 5-6 g bird nest in 150 ml Ginseng soup.

* Big Size (2 serving): SGD 52.20/bowl (incl. delivery), 10-12 g bird nest in 250 ml Ginseng soup.

Package 2: 12% discount of regular price!
- Either size or combined size: weekly delivery from 4th month until 7th month pregnancy. Total: 16 bowls

* Small size(1 serving): Discounted at SGD 26.40/bowl (incl. delivery) 5-6 g bird nest in 150 ml Ginseng soup.

* Big Size (2 serving): SGD 51.00/bowl (incl. delivery), 10-12 g bird nest in 250 ml Ginseng soup.

Order Method:
* PM Facebook
* Call/SMS 82684004
* Email: [email protected]
8317329.jpg

Please visit and like our page https://www.facebook.com/Hokki.Birdnest

Thanks Yuki &amp; BabyS!

Yuki : I went for inspiremum pre-natal yoga class also but at Tanjung Pagar coz near my work place. Problem is got to climb up to the 2nd floor of the shophouse, so I'm already panting by the time I got there... went for 2 lessons already and find that it's not bad. Max class size is about 6-7 so everybody gets attention. The last lesson I went only two students turned up lol, so got exclusive attention :) But maybe need to go for more lessons b4 I can see effect. So far I got no aches yet, maybe that's why. But my colleague who has terrible neck ache says it really helps. But also depends on what the teacher do on that day... every week do different things...

btw, having pre-term labour at this stage, isn't very bad? coz my colleague kena bed rest for that and she's really worried...

Jos (jossieleia): To answer your question... yes, in the first 3 to 5 days, there might not be any real milk. There would be colostrum - thick yellow discharge. But it is crucial that you start nursing your baby asap after birth, and evern 2.5 to 3hrs around the clock thereafter. This way, it would stimulate your body to produce milk.

My #1, I gave in on all the complaints about small boobs, no milk (can't see any!) etc and didn't have confidence. Succumbed to formula. My #2 one, I was much more experienced, I just told myself, if you think you can, you can! He seemed happy and contented to just suck suck suck... so 15mins each side, every 2.5 to 3hrs. Somewhere between day 3 and 4 I suddenly felt the first GUSH of milk - and I looked at him at my breast - he had that SURPRISED looked... stopped sucking for a brief second. And then continued... and he was on full BM for 7 mths! And I tell everyone, I have AA boobs - even at breastfeeding can barely fill a B cup! Therefore, if I can do it, anyone can! With a lot of determination and some patience!

At birth, babies dont need to drink alot at one shot, their tummies r the size of a walnut only (i learnt this from antenatal classes! So see, gt benefit! Hahaha)

Jos, no need to start class already got workout liao right. Haha. Walk up stairs good enuf liao..

Hi all mummies to be!

For my no 1, I didn't feed water too as breast milk alrdy ha water content. But my father in law feels that baby should drink water(old ppl mentality).
When I just given birth, I didn't have much milk, but I requested bb to be around when im awake, so I can try even if there isn't any nurses to help around.
I didn't really stress if she must be on full breast milk/formula, but I feel that it is important to keep your mind open and tell urself that you have alrdy did your best.

Jia you!

I breastfeed my son and he's on breastmilk only until now. He's 18 months and still latching on. Nowadays he's been telling me "milk milk chou chou (smelly)". Very cute. I think by now I'm 5 months preg and my milk is slowly changing to colostrum.

I read up a lot of breastfeeding which helps me to not be affected easily when others give well meaning but discouraging comments about breastmilk. After all, in their generation, our parents and in laws have been brainwashed to give formula and that breastmilk is inferior and less nutritious. I didnt have a lot of milk when in hospital too but I do have some colostrum. I read that baby have store in them for up to 3-5 days so the small amount of colostrum (liquid gold) is good enough for them. In fact some mothers like to feed the new born baby with lots of formula and felt better when baby drink up all the formula. Actually that is feeding too much. Newborns instinctively finish up whatever much milk u give them but that doesn't mean they need it.

I'm very much an attachment parenting mother so breastfeeding and co sleeping suits me a lot. I find that Singaporean mothers rarely breastfeed children to older age. Maybe bcoz of our stressful lifestyle. I have 2 friends who breastfeed kid to one year plus/ 2 year but both stays overseas.

usaginoko, I plan to store with stemcord for number 2 too. When consulting with gynae, he said usually ppl may not use his own stem cells but will use the sibling's stem cells. That is because if he or she developed an illness in future, most likely, his stem cells already contains the genes for that illness. So he will likely use the sibling's stem cells for treatment. I guess it makes more sense to store both kids' stem cells if I want to store one kid's.

Lyra, haha.. Ur boy so cute lah, can tell u its chou chou..

But just asking, if u breastfeed during pregnancy, safe or not? Cos bf contracts the uterus right? Doesbt affect baby?

Dear mummies,

Thanks for your previous support in helping me to clear some of my kids stuff. I m back again to seek your interest in the following items :

1) Combi Stroller without the overhead cover ($10)
2) Baby Playpen can b use for sleeping too.($50)
3) Automated with timer sleeping rocker aka yaolan ($90)comes with the net too.

4) Nuk Nuk milk powder dispenser 3 pcs for $5.
5) XXL rectangle plastic translucent multipurpose storage box($40)

Should u have interest in any of them ,pls let me know via email: [email protected]

No worries on the condition n cleanliness. They are in super good form.

Hope to hear from u soon ;-p

usaginoko, No problem
happy.gif

Baby S, I'm also worried about that. My gynae said its ok to continue breastfeeding and so far I nvr encounter big problems. The contractions I felt since week 20 are normal braxton hicks and its not painful, not too long or too freq. Quite similar to first preg. And baby is actively kicking everyday. Will monitor everyday just to be safe.

I feel silly but i am so happy that i bought a noce non preggie top that i can wear at the man yue party.. Heeee.. I bot it in my pre pregnancy size..

Though a long time away but i am so happy with my purchase. Ahahh

BabyS, haha, u so cute....
Is the bust section of your top stretchable? What if your boobs bursting with milk can't fit in during man yue party? Then the male guests all nose bleed wor ;p

Usagino, then unbutton for the whole world to see!!!! Wahahahah.. Then everyone will produce blood.. Vomit blood!! Heeee..

Hi mummies,

Just want to recommend My CL Mdm Yu Qing is available from now onwards.

She cooks fast and can prepare good confinement foods.
She can take care well on baby. Ex: very seldom see baby crying while going for bath/ comfort baby well crying...
Do basic housework such as sweep/ mop floor, wash clothing...
She speak Mandarin &amp; Hokkien.

You may contact @ 8198 9088 for further enquiries.

Hi mummies, anyone's belly button already start protruding out? Mine is almost as flat and I think it's gonna protrude out soon and I feel pain on my belly button. Isit normal?

frogprincess: lol so cute..i like the way you describe "and I looked at him at my breast - he had that SURPRISED looked... stopped sucking for a brief second" whahaha..its like him find milk paradise...

Lyra Ng/ Usagioko: our breast will still increase?? feels firm and round now already....

Wlilian: Indeed, that was my most memorable, most precious breastfeeding experience so far!

Oh, last weekend, I took the MRT with #2. We couldn't get a seat and were 8 stops from destination ... so I asked for a lady in her late 20s or early 30s "Excuse me, May I have the seat, please?" She ignored me. Then I asked again "Excuse me, May I have the seat, please?" and she had that body language that said "GO AWAY". So, finally, I said, rather loudly, "EXCUSE ME, MAY I HAVE THE SEAT, PLEASE?" By then half the people in the cabin were looking at us. She looked at me and finally, let me have the seat. So, in the same loud voice, I said, "THANK YOU". And then my #2 went "TEN-QOU" loudly as well .... hehehehe...

So ladies, if you think you need the seat more than the person sitting - please don't be shy!

Lyra, if cannot let my guests vomit blood then i wear a while later lor. Hee..

But based i my experience of first one, i think my boob size gain the most one size only. It increased by abt a cup. Supply not great also.

Frogprincess: your #2 so cute. Haha.

Lyra: i do not think my bra cup is going to increase 2 cup sizes. It has not increase a single bit. I am so disappointed.

Felicia: my belly button is almost flat too. I do not feel any pain there at the moment. Only itch.

My whole body feels so tight and uncomfortable. I cannot even walk straight. Just went for a prenatal masaage last week. Feels so good after that. Think i will have to go again this week. Can't wait for weekend to be here..

It's a pity we have to ask for our seats. I was talking to a colleague the other day and she mentioned that men are more willing to give up their seats than women, which was very strange. For women who had children, wouldn't they better understand our situation? And for those who are still young, wouldn't they understand that one day they too will experience the same thing... unless they don't intend to have children...

The other day, I had to fight for the reserved seat with two other people - a philippino woman who was standing by the door with her Indian partner and an uncle who came rushing in from the door. Thank goodness I got to the seat first but that uncle glared at me. He didn't look that old or fragile so I was wondering why anybody should give up the seat to him. Anyway, the girl next to me stood up and offered him the seat. And that man was so rude, he didn't even say thank-you, sat down and crossed his leg as if he deserved it. Really, we mustn't be afraid of these people...

Frogprincess, on sat i took a train with my #1 to meet my mum for awhile. On the way back, my son manage to get a seat while i was standing infront of him.he keep kissing my tummy n telling me to sit but the lady just ignore me. My tummy is quite obvious to know that i am pregnant. Even my son say excuse me. Mummy hv baby. Sit.she just ignore. I say loudly to him aunty hv a big baby. Mummy hv small baby. Nvm. Lher sit. She was paiseh n act bz with hp. Alot of people were looking at us but nobody else offer to give both of us sit together. Maybe i shld do like u. But i dont dare leh. Scared kena scolded.

Hi mummies

Sorry to disturb.

I have few items to let go, wondering if anyone will be interested?

Quinny Buzz stroller in red and orange color, condition 9/10, selling at $450.

Graco playpen, condition 9/10, selling $100.

Breast feeding pillow, used twice only, selling at $20. The cover is washable.

Stroller and playpen are used less than a year, please PM me for pics if interested, tks

baby: aww your #1 so cute and caring...actually we should say out of so many ppl in singapore...only a handful is willing to give up their sits...i think when my hubby is with me on the bus he is also very piss off internally..but never show it at me...

i remember i was on the bus and i was standing right infront of the reserved sit...my tummy is very obvious tho i was around 5 months that time...2 secondary sch boys sitting, 1 24-26 young lady and 1 30-35 year old lady was sitting right infront of me. All act as though they never see me.

1) 24-26 young lady - busy smsing and smiling at her phone...and dare not look at me

2) 30-35 year old lady - listening to her headphone and looking at the floor

3) 2 secondary sch boys - playing with each other...looked at me and ignore me and carry on playing...

Actually i really do not know what i am going to do, since tummy is really getting bigger and its quite tiring to stand...

There was another incident like what Jos mention, i was walking into the bus and this 40 year old plus guy saw that the whole bus was quite full...you can see that he was looking at me and seeing where i go, and thinking if he needs to offer his seat to me anot..but luckily there was a sit at the end of the bus...

i mean if you really compare...even those who did not sit at the reserve sit, they dont even volunteer at all. they would just feel, those who sit at the reserve sit dont give their sit up, then why should i?

Talking abt giving up seats... All those senseless people shld be put to shame!

Sometimes in mrt people also don't give up seats to me and my tummy is super obvious. If can tahan standing, I will continue to stand, if cant, I wil also open my mouth n ask for the seat as my backache can be really terrible.

Having said that, there are still wonderful people around. There was one time an Indian young lady gave up her seat for me. Then there was an auntie quickly go grab the seat. This Indian lady was very nice n helped me tell the auntie that the seat was for me. Of course, I smiled n thank this lady.

Then in bus when I was sitting at a reserved seat and nobody gave up their seat for an old man, in the end no choice I stood up. I really don't understand where is conscience of these people.

Back