(2013/08) August 2013

chocpockie: I totally understand about how you feel about your pil...at times my pil do also like to do that too..worst still they like to compare my 5 yr old niece with my 4 yr old son..saying things to my son like how come you are not doing homework like her, can you read as well as her, why are so active cant you be like her sitting down to read books, etc make me feel so stress..
just don't bother about them...

P: went down to taka last week but doesnt seem to have much good deals...only brought a few rompers...

Joelle: omg, i always do that, is there a myth saying we can't? what will happen?

Midwife's tale says pregnant mummies cannot use scissors on their bed to cut things if not baby will have cleft lip. But these are just tales lah.. Im just curious because I cut my son's nails on my bed all the time.

ttcing: CONGRATS!! haha :D

yuki: wah thats very nice of you to give up seat!
happy.gif
i get tired easily now so cant really stand for long..

Mummies: thx for the reply. Seems like most of us experienced giving up seats to the needies when we t one of the needy too. Thumbs up mummies!

"Sore/tired/sour" feet/leg: try to soak ur feet in a slight bearable hot water everyday for about 10-15mins. It helps to soothe the ache. I was walking yeaterday from 12 to 8pm, my feet & back ache so much. After soaking the feet, u tend to sleep well at night too.

Chocpockie: what did your hubby say about it?

Joelle ng: same i also going to my detail scan on Friday...i should be only around end of Wk19..

hmm...actually we do get tired easily just by walking nowadays....for me i went shopping and 1 hour of walking i am already exhausted...
sad.gif
Just want to sit down and sleep... too lazy...

I guess we really need to do some exercises like swimming or need to slow walk....

Monmav, Haiz, sometimes the elders are really insensitive when comes to other people's feelings. For my side, I know my Fil is just such a person although I know he meant no harm. But sometimes the things he said are very hurtful. Last time I can really one ear in n one ear out. Now maybe becos I m my pregnant, hard for me to control my anger. Think I better avoid him for the time being. I don't know if I will just blurt out my unhappiness one day. If that really happens, I guess my hb will be in a difficult position.

Wlilian, my hb will always say the same "he is lidat, just ignore him". Sometimes I m oso very pissed off when my hb don't help me to say something!!!

wlilian: yah agreed, walking around 1-2hours are so tiring & exhausting. I'm so lazy to go out when i think of the crowd, juz prefer to stay home.

i'm planning to take prenatal yoga class & may be start swimming around 6mths. Anyone interested in going to yoga class? but is at Simei though...courses are quite cheap. i think start around end of Apr.

chocpockie:we dont live wif our PIL, but they will be coming over for "long term" from end of May onwards to take care of me & baby sit our newborn in Aug. so far, we dont have big arguements, coz we dont live together. reading some of the mommies forum & some experience from my colleagues,i'm worried that relationship might turn sour when they come here. I "warn" my hb that if ever there are things come btwn me & ur parents, you have to stay at my side. if anything ur parents do which i cant take it,u have to voice out to them, and not letting me to swallow everything. i told him' if u promise & not taking action, i will go back to my parents'hse"...

so far he agreed...but my PIL not here yet, so cant tell. My MIL is ok, juz that my FIL very naggy & always ask me not to do this, not to do that...overall, they means no harm and i guess they jus wan the best for me

Chocpokie: *hug*

But ur husband is correct lah. What can u do other than ignore. Only other thing is raise ur displeasure lor. But u open ur mouth, they sure say u dont respect elderly lah, etc etc. in short whatever it is, they will make it seem like u r at fault. Not worth it right..

Such pple need to let it out, just like some le
Must fart. Just imagine they r farting and dont care what they say, do ur own things.

If u dare ah, ask ur fil "u never get ur underwear stuck b4 meh?" hahahahah

p: hmm...i just went to glance, seems normal..but this friday after my detail scan..maybe will go down and get somethings.

chocpockie: same....my hubby will also just ask me to ignore them...T.T but actually true lah...if they talk against their parents..like very disrespectful also...

Yuki@east: the prenatal yoga is it at the community centre or?? Lol...wah you threaten your hubby...lol if i threaten my hubby,..he will just say...okay lor..i go out and i dont come back anymore....

Hi Mummies,
Just wondering if you have any contacts for nannies for newborn babies? My EDD is 19-Aug. Trying to find nannies.. not that easy. I'll be moving to Sengkang (Compassvale Road) in May.
Anywhere near Sengkang or Hougang or Buangkok should be fine cause my working place is on the way.

Thanks.

[email protected]

wlilian, so fast go check out bargains alr? hopefully they dun go out of stock.. im looking at getting a steriliser first.

ikea meatballs are back! i just went to satisfy my craving last night..hehhe..they have this doughnut 4 for $2 at the counter after check out where we buy the hotdog.. it is so yummy too!!

sigh, my detailed only at month end.. cant wait to buy clothes for myself and bb.. haha..

p: Lol..i more concern with breast pump and cot...taka fair seems to have a good deal with the cot..so dragging my hubby to take a look. Then they also have this Ameda breast pump which is much more cheaper then Avent and medale...the reviews also not bad...so i wanted to go and see and check it out...hopefully the counter lady is there so i can ask her question...

Ladies...do you guys have this same experience as me...recently i have been burping and sometimes the burp will cause my throat and chest to have burning sensation...
sad.gif
Read online...its heart burn...very irritating...can't seems to keep my food down at all...

wlilian, i had that slight burning sensation in first trimester. I had to eat half portion at a time or else feel really terrible and want to puke. i even puke the acid thats causing the discomfort out, so felt better..

i saw one mummy used ameda before.. its quieter than PISA, and looks compact. medela freestyle was going at 699 during mothercare sale. sold with some bottles, etc. how much is taka one?

p: if i am not wrong freestyle is 699 or 799...i dont think they will deviate from expo fair i guess...can't really remember the price..they selling it in full set with bags and bottles..Ameda is only $399...but no bags...

p: the taka fair selling the freestyle at 798 and i notice they have different goodies thrown in as compared to the expo fair ..

I have gotten the pigeon steriliser bundle where it comes w a bottle warmer, milk bottles, wet tissue at $168 .. pretty good bargain i guess ..

Like wlilian says .. Amenda pump is considerably cheaper than the rest of the brand .. now i m wondering if i should get it from the fair when it comes with free milk bottles and a nursing cover / a bag .. or should i buy it from places like Kiddy Palace with their member card but without all these extra goodies?

on a side note .. i just had my first merlion ever since i got preggy last nite ... guess my baby hates nasi lemak!

anyone knows if we can take coconut stuff now?

chirpy: lol same..i ate qi ji nasi lemak like 3-4 weeks ago..and baby also make me puke it out... from what i read and heard..its okay to take things with coconut milk...like laksa, nasi lemak..all can...but just need to be careful...cos not sure if the cococnut milk that was use to cook is it spoil anot..

just dont take "raw" coconut...like drinks, eat the flesh/meat...too liang

wlilian:is not in the community centre. i think is in private lesson by individual instructor, where they hold at their condominium.
i did not "threathen" my hb, juz indrectly "force" him to agree....lol
btw, i also started to feel the heartburn today after my lunch. the lunch portion was not big, juz wonder whether is it because i drank too much hot soup after the meal or?? it took about 3 hours to feel better. i dont have appetite now, feel like eating only plain bun....sigh

Wilian & babyS, Yalor, usually I will ignore. If explode, will be ugly n hard to resolve. But yesterday really the words were in my throat, then I swallowed them back n went to kitchen. Blame it on my pregnancy hormones. Haha. My hb saw what happened n quickly came over.

Yuki, u just be have to be mentally prepared to take it ez and let go when your pil are staying in your hse. Otherwise it will be a tough confinement for u. Staying together takes alot of give n take unless our pil are those really know when to give comments n when not to. Nevertheless it is really nice of them to help u out during your confinement. :)

Chocpockie: thx for the advice. Will try to let it go & not too stressing myself. Btw they will come even if I don't invite.. Coz they only have 1 son... No other grandchildren for them to take care. But still overall I appreciate their offer & still very nice of them to come over to take care of us

On food: I ate Qi Ji nasi lemak twice during my first trimester and no problem. I like the achar haha. Guess I'm the "lucky" mummy who can eat anything and only had one day of serious merlion and no more puking thereafter, plus a superb appetite :p had nasi briyani w lotsa curry and all the unknown Indian sides last week too. Yums.

But. Even though I eat so much, baby seems small at 15 weeks. My ultrasound scan still estimated my baby at 14w 3d only. The past few scans all estimated like a week more than my actual. Sigh. And took weight today. Only Gained 2kg so far. Don't know where all the food went!

Gender: gynae said he couldn't see "anything" so said 70% girl girl. Have to wait till April 10 detailed scan to confirm.

On pumps: I'm thinking of medela swing maxi (electric dual pump). Any experienced mum can help to check out how it compares to freestyle?? I'm inexperienced so don't know what to ask or look out for. The swing maxi is going for 599 at taka fair. Comes w the totebag bundle only during the sale.

Anyway I have been having this strange bitter nasty taste in my mouth. Not sure if its due to pregnancy or is it because of my flu which may not have gone away 100%. I still have some small bits of loose greenish phlegm now and then. I feel it's causing the nasty taste I feel but I'm not sure. It could also be dry mouth. Because of that I feel like my mouth stinks! But it could be just psychological cos my hubby didn't complain. Haha.

amanda, wow.. really envy u leh! juz 2kg! i alrdy pie up 7/8kg liao.. if no whole day sickness n continuous sickness throughtout, think i wld hv added >10kg liao! omg!

inlaws issue, think it really take alot of control to maintain emotions when they kept comparin or sayin our kids... but to blow up, even more jiatlat! so jiayou!
happy.gif

today did my aminocentesis le. detailed scan together. so pkg able to save alittle. think another mommy goin to do also? mayb can ck on more infoif can ombune both test to save cost. can deduct 750 from medisave also. originally tot 1.5k cash upfront. :p

now is the 2 wks wait to confirm result..... faster faster......

Poky: my gynae say I will only start showing much more in the next 2-3 weeks and start piling on weight on the 5th month. Now 15weeks only Ma. Lol.

And all the best to your tests! Just saw my Oscar results today. All good. I will see my gynae for "analysis" on the same day after detailed scan on the 10th.

Anyway just to check. When you go for check ups with your gynae, do you take leave or does your gynae give you mc for the day? My gynae tell me no need to apply leave he will give me mc but I feel so paiseh leh. So just wanna check what's the norm.

Poky: good luck for the test. It will be fine.
happy.gif

Amanda: i am taking leave at the moment but i will start taking mc next time cos Sat are really crowded and my hub has zero patience.

As for the hubby i think some clinics give mc for the dad too. Thats what my previous gynae offer. I was so surprised when he asked if my hubby needs mc too. Then he explained cos both parents shld go for the appts tog. Maybe u can check with your gyane.

Any mummy have not put on any weight? I still weigh the same even before pregnancy despite being on my 18th weeks. This is so worrying.
sad.gif

hmmm. gynae did offer me this morning la, then he say "silly don't waste your leave" lol. i just "ok" him but didn't ask what about my hubby. hee. but won't it be weird for my hubby to take mc from "thomson women's clinic"?? LOL alternatively i asked my hubby if he could speak to his boss to take 2 - 2.5 hours off in the morning. he rarely knocks off on time anyway. :p

stella: my gynae just told me not to worry if haven't really put on weight yet. i put on 2kg so far. he said the weight only comes in fast at around 5th month. so i think you should be getting yours soon.
happy.gif
anyway my SIL only gained 8kg during her entire pregnancy (she is the very skinny and underweight type) but she still had a healthy cheerful and bright baby. so don't worry so long as gynae didnt sound any alarms!

Poky, will be cheering for u after 2 wks.
happy.gif
meanwhile relax and enjoy the bonding with bn, everything will be ok.

Weight gain, I think I dun dare to weigh myself already.. Initially lost weight in first tri, now second tri keep eating...already plus size, will become big plus now!!

Normally hubby will take time off for my appointments. If he not returning to office, then will take leave. But for more important appointments like detailed scans that will take longer, he will take leave too.

Typed a very long post and when I'm gonna post it, my iPhone safari went crazy -.-

Weigh gain: so far I haven't gain any weigh. Tomorrow will be my 20th week. Tummy didn't grow much. Still so small but I start to feel baby's movement already. It's so amazing!

Going my detailed scan this wed. Finally awaited this day. Shall see if I did gain any weigh this appt. has been eating a lot recently. Feel hungry more often too. I see myself I think I did put on some weigh as I realize some parts of my body have more fats than before.

Appt: I've been taking mc since gynae will provide us. Don't waste our leave now as we will need it in the future. I told my hubby if he's unable to get off or leave, my mum will accompany me if she's available. But I can see my hubby will wanna go with me unless really has no choice. Cos he wanna accompany me and also see baby.

Coconut: experienced mommies told me not to take fresh coconut now. Only take it about one month before deliver to clean baby.

Tiredness: I start to get tired easily since Pregnant. Always sleep eat sleep eat. Haha. Like a pig. I can't walk much too. As long as I walk long or stand long, my giddiness/blackout will kick in. Consult gynae about it, he says its due to my LBP and there's no medication for it. Just standby some sweets in my bag just In case to see if it helps. My hubby got so worried whenever i have giddiness/blackout. He still ask me try to wear slightly tight clothes out when I'm out alone to show ppl I'm pregnant so I'll get a seat. Shall try it the next Time. See I'm lucky to get a seat.

To all mommies, do take care and don let those unhappiness bothers u. Stay cheerful and healthy!!:)

I'll keep the leave for future use too. My boss lets me take time off for my appts, so I usually go in the morning and head to the office after that. My gynae also offered to give MC, so I think it's a norm.

It's probably a bit late, but I was wondering if anyone has CL contacts from friends/relatives that you're not using? It took me so many months but I've finally managed to get permission to stay at my parents' place during confinement with a CL. If you've interviewed a CL, can share with me what to look out for too please?

On weight, am 18 weeks now, put on about 3-4 kg according to the scale, but my tummy is very prominent already!

I'll take mc.. Cos when u go on maternity leave, u cannot take mc as easily anymore. After our ML ends, we only left one moth of december, if need we can use our leave or ccl then.. Rather keep my leave for baby.

Stella: dont worry. I lost abt 3kg but baby is growing well. I was thinking, maybe we lost weight while baby gained weight. So looks like we never gain at all. As long as baby grows, i think is ok..

I put on less than 10kg when pregnant with my
Girl and she was born huge at 3.54kg.. So mummy gain weight doesnt equal to baby gain weight ok.. Besides, babies gain weight by the mg, not kg, so hard for us to tract such minute increases..

thx gals for all the wishes!

the detailedscan was alright. so makes the risk for the other 2 syndrom lower liao. more reassirin... now is jux the result to confirm it.

as long bb weigh progress as shld b, mommy weight is not too concerned, unless ur gynea say otherwise.. for bb who r too small,mommies r advise to take durian to boost up the size of bb.

amanda, i take mc. but for my last apt to c doc only, i tooktime chit instead... savin my mc/hospitalsation leave for later part as i sure my spine will b painful durin later stages. for my leave, i savin so tat i can stay home as long as i can after ml ends. cos fil health condition makes my mil not able to take care of bb when i goes back to work. n i not willing to place in infant care... so see how things goes at tat time...

for hubby, too bad la, gynea cannot give time chit or leave. i try to arrange for lunch apt 12pm. so tat hubby can rush over at his lunch hr. then no need to take leave lor... then i go back on own or back to office. :p

Anyone having problems sleeping on your sides at night ?

Its recommended that sleeping on your sides is better for blood flow to womb. However, for the past few nights I have been tossing and turning as I keep having the feeling that am sleeping on a lump when am on my sides esp my left side and so not comfortable. Only feel more comfy when I sleep face up. Anyone having similar problems ?

Poky: I did amnio last week too. Waiting for results now..do hve a lot of rest, i sure it will turn out well...

Chirpy: Fresh coconut shld be taken closer to delivery...

Mummy with #2, how do you handle both when u go back to work? not sure whether i shld hire a maid to helpout...

chirpy: maybe qiji nasi lemak is a no no for preggy woman? Or maybe just our child dont like it...same taste buds...

Yuki@east: yah...i think its really good if PIL can help...i think the only worrying portion is just that teaching of children might be different...grandparents

Amanda: you are really lucky...lol...i can eat the food into my tummy..but 1-2 hours later it will come out...luckily not all...but that was during first trimester...Wah greenish phlegm is quite serious...did you take antibotics??

Poky: 8 KG?! That is a alot...did doctor say anything anot? Or because you are small size its okay? How many weeks are you already?

hmm..i never take mc but take leave...how many leaves do you guys have? For me i have 23 days...but i think what worries me now is because my org is going through restructuring and i can't afford to take more then 1 month maternity leave...scare wait i come back my job no more already...need to plan how to break down my leaves...

anyone having bloated stomach? my stomach is VERYYYY bloated after i eat. dunno is it the baby growing or just bloated stomach. hahaha

Pink_sapphire: i cannot sleep on the sides too at the beginning of my pregnancy. Now its getting better but my tummy hurts if i lie on the sides too long. Read online that it is not good to lie on the right side though. So usually I will try to face left but sometimes i just gave up and lie straight. Put pillow at the sides and propped ur leg on it. It makes me more comfy that way.

Vinette: i am always bloated after my meals. Somethimes it felt so tight like i am stretched to a maximum. But its only for 2-3 hours and i will be comfortable again and my tummy wil shrink back.

I did not galn much weight. Overall i think i gained less than 2kg but my gynae says i gained 1kg plus last month is alot le. He only wants me to gain around 10kg in total. And i am quite underweight de. He says weight gain does not mean baby is growing bigger and will only give us problems later. I think gaining more in the later part of pregnancy is more towards baby ba. Cos thats when they are packing fats

oisterbaby: ya my tummmy feels stretched too! it gets a lil uncomfy sometimes.

i lost 7kg since i got pregnant. and i gained one kg since week14+ after recovering from my stomach flu.

diorly: when are we suppose to feel bb kick? im wk 17+ and i cant feel anything too :xx

Re weight gain: i dun have morning sickness and have been eating normally, but so far my weight gain is zero. so long as baby is growing, should be okie la~ btw my fren mentioned that once weight gain more than 13kg, very difficult to lose them....

Re bloated stomach: my tummy looks huge esp after eating... i guess it's normal la haha

Re baby kicks: i also haven't feel anything yet and am at week 18, but i think it's normal ba. btw diorly just realised we have the same EDD hahaha

Vinette, me too at wk17plus but hv not feel anything yet. i had my OGTT earlier n i juz took my weight and i lost another 1kg, so clueless, been eating alot but dunno where my weight goes to.. My tummy look big too till the nurse ask whether im expecting twins.. Lol!

sueann! when's your EDD? mine's 15 aug!!
haha my tummy only becomes super big at home. my friends always give me the disbelief look whenever i say i'm 4 mth preggie cause i am skinnier than before. i think my hubby's tummy is bigger than mine. HAHA

Back