(2013/07) July 2013

Yo ladies, count me in for the fb group by invitation too! We can even consider meeting up sometime in T2 - can't imagine a group of pregnant ladies coming together.

Michelle, I'm like you having mostly cramps and hoping MS stays far away so long as bb healthy. Hope we're the few lucky ones to remain status quo. I can't imagine MS hitting at w12 like what Felixp experienced.

Have most of you started drinking milk? I'm taking dumex mamil gold hopefully it doesn't end up in too much weight gain. I heard T1 should only put on at most 2kg. I got a colleague whom gynae said 2.6kg from W13-15 is too much for her.

Ya milo, lets pray hard! I was worried cause I seem to be the odd one out.

I haven start drinking milk, when should I start drinking.

Flexip, the Dr Ho I'll be seeing is practicing at Mt A.

Honghan, yes I feel cold too! Tot something was wrong with me cos usually in office I don't even need to wear jacket but now have to wear double layer at times.

Michelle & milo, I guess I'm in the same situation as u now. So worried abt MS thou I start to feel abit of acidic fluid in my throat.

I also have not start drinking milk n worst thing is I don't drink milk. Wat should I do then? I'm scared of e milky taste.

Btw I'm in for e fb group too. If want more privacy, can set as a secret group then ppl on our fb won't even know this group exist not to mention u r a member of e group.

Is chocolate a no no at all?

Also, I heard no drilling or hammering in the house when pregnant is it? Outside the house not counted right? Hubby doing some nailing outside the house.
I'm so scare that I go n hide in e room haha

If its a secret group, a member of the group must be friends in order to join the group.

I'll pm u my email thn u add me in fb k

hi all! hope everyone's coping well with the first trimester sickness.

I tested +ve a week ago. we just got married a month plus back actually & I'd planned to start only a year or two after we got married. but eh, I guess He has better plans for us haha. still trying to accept this whole upcoming changes. currently about 5 weeks now. 1st gynae appointment would be end of this month, can't wait!
happy.gif

no morning sickness (yet!), but feeling very lethargic, bloating, cramping & feels the need to pee every now & then.

Welcome iqh, u r indeed lucky to able to get preggy do fast .. Some of us here has been trying for quite some time... Heee

Honghan, it should be normal to feel cold during 1st T... Plus weather is getting cooler now;)

Actually if it's a "closed" group, should be able to find the link right? Because I joined a closed group, even though not friends can still join but must be approved by administrator, the group can still can be found even though closed group.

Not sure.. Just wondering.

Maybe you can make the setting that it can be found?

Very excited about this group!

Sally, I tried searching for the group but can't locate it. Have pm you.
happy.gif

Honghan, yes I do feel cold like you especially in office. I've 2 preggie colleagues in my department and they're all covered up w thick jackets!

Michelle, Mandy, me more kiasu so started drinking one glass of milk per day on recommendation of gynae. You can asked for samples at your next visit and buy only if you can take it. Not sure if there is choc flavour types for those who don't like milk. The one I'm taking recommends 2 glasses (6 scoops each so fattening!) and has a sweet vanilla taste. And I didn't give chocs a pass since testing +ve. :p

Iqh, double congrats! Time is in his hands so He will not give you something that you cannot deal with.
happy.gif

Ladies, can you feel little beanie in your tummy right now except for the MS, cramps etc? There are times when I feel 'normal' and have this paranoid feeling if all is good. Not sure if it's just me worrying too much and coping with the uncertainty before next gynae visit.

workplace - when they start seeing me wearing maternity dress

family (cousin side) - after 3 months bah ~ a bit pan dang after my previous ectopic

Honghan, I'm feeling cold too & worst down with flu.... Take some med (safe for preg) but med effect is mild hence still can't cure my flu....

Sally, can add me to the grp too?

Miloqueen, it good you can drink milk... I can't stand the smell of the milk & feel like puking out!

Going for my 2nd gyn visit on 15 Nov. Can't wait to see my BB. BTW my gyn is Dr Chen Chern Yi @ Punggol. Anyone with her too?

I've temporary changed the group setting to "closed"
can someone try out whether u all can locate the group?
group name: SMH July 2013

Jazz, hehe.. I guess we gotta be thankful for His blessings then
happy.gif

Mandy, have just starting taking Anmum Materna. the chocolate flavour doesn't taste that bad / milk-ish.

MiloQueen, thank you for the timely reminder. hope this *is* the right time for all of us, must take care of ourselves in this crucial trimester!

HongHan, for work wise, maybe I'll announce to my boss after the 2nd gynae appt or so when everything is more or less stable. I'm in the army so need their understanding if I say no in doing some stuffs. lol.

Sally, I just tried searching for it - can't!

I find it hard to hide my pregnancy . Ppl alr say I look fatter and when morning sickness start I will start puking or taking mc . Then will b obvious . Anyone 's colleagues already suspect ?

Hi Terrylyn & Pinkarina, i couldn't add both of u in FB becoz of the restricted privacy settings. So try locate me and add me instead?

Hi Sally, I changed my settings to not-so-private ler.

But how to add you? I don't have your email address?

Funny how come we cannot find the group hor. So weird leh. You try to change the setting to "everyone" can find the group?

Thanks for all these Sally. Much appreciated!

Hi ladies, new to the group. Just confirm my pregnancy with the gynae last Tuesday. Expected delivery 04 July. Btw I drank ribena to cope with my morning sickness, it works for me. As it's relatively sweet so I dilute it just to get a taste of it to alleviate my nausea. It's a tip that I got from my colleagues.

Hi congrats to all mummies here. I'm expecting in early July too. Visited gynae yesterday and managed to see a tiny blob with a heartbeat. So excited
happy.gif

i went for my first appt, can hear the baby's heartbeat! though no spotting but doc said she saw a blood clot during the scan. To play safe she gave me an injection and the medicine Duphaston. I checked the interent, saw that Duphaston could aggravate MS. Though I don't have vomiting as I have been trying to control.. I don't have much appetite to eat and will feel nausea every now and then. Did your doc also prescribe Duphaston to you?

Hi Mummies to be! I just tested positive last week.. my 1st bb is 15 mths old now.. a bit apprehensive cos my husband got posted to work in London and I was supposed to join him.. will prob be there during 2nd trimester and come back in 3rd..

Hi ladies! I tested positive but have yet to see a gynae. I'm a little bewildered coz' this is no. 3 and totally unplanned for. I'm also in the midst of renovating for my new place and packing for the move in Dec. I dunno how to handle all these really, coz' the morning sickness and fatigue is really really horrible... >___<

Jan: Mine is no. 3 too, but planned. Dont worry too much . Your older ones will be much older then. Ask ur hubby to help out more in the meangtime. Are you 4 weeks plus or 5 wks?

Honghan: Yes I will be bringing my bb along.. Ya I am praying and hoping that I wun have MS.. I din really have during #1 also..

Jan: Many changes too cos I am shifting to my parents' place as renting out our place.. Ask for help pls.. but wow #3! your older kids will have one more companion.. nice!
happy.gif

Thanks jazz for the welcome
happy.gif

Michiko, I was also prescribed duphaston though I don't have bleeding. Since your doc has prescribed it, better to take...

Addy, not to worry....By 2nd tri you should be feeling better.

Jan, do try to get help with the packing and stuff, dun over exert yourself.

Hi Jazz, thanks for the welcome. I read online that eating banana in the morning also helps with morning sickness but it is considered 'cold' in TCM terms. so best to eat it in moderation.

Welcome to our club, addy and jan...

Btw.. Sally has created a chat group in fb, if the rest is interested, can pm Sally yr email address so that she can add u to the group;)

hi ladies

im here to join u guys too....
happy.gif
I'm 6wk+ and just went to the doc.....this is my 2nd kid.....

hi joanne and jazz
banana can eat... the long monte ones will be "cold", the small ones can still eat...

Hi ladies

Can I ask who is your gynae? I'm deciding on one.... Last time(2 yrs ago) i visited Adrian Woodworth and his package is $550 with unlimited visits and first trimester can see him every week but now, his visits is limited to 12/13 visits for 588... so im thinking of changing....

Honghan: I'm not really sure too. I'm thinking prob abt 5-6 weeks. My menses has always been irregular so I really dunno when I ovulate. >.<

Addy: U also headache over the packing right? I still have to monitor the reno for the new place coz if any screw-ups, I'll be moving to a place that's not completed. *faintz* Lucky u to not have MS. Mine is really bad, and gets progressively worse in the evening and night. Mine is evening sickness... =(

Jnc: I'm trying to get help but it's really hard coz I'm the one who knows where things are kept and have to decide where to move the things to in the new place. Luckily there's maid to help out, if not I sure die.

Thks for the welcome, Jazz and Sally, but I can't seem to access that FB page leh... I PM u k, Sally.

Welcome noscon and congrats! I'm thinking of seeing Dr Tan Poh Kok at Nex. Think choosing a good gynae is important. Let me tell u my long story.

My eldest kid was with Dr Lawrence Ang from Sunplaza but in the end when my water bag burst, I realise he was away on holiday and a standby gynae came to deliver my girl. 2nd kid was also with Dr Lawrence Ang, coz I have to admit that his service and package is really cheap and attractive. My baby was breeched and I went through a C-section, but everything went well.

I had another baby last Sept but it was not so good. Dr Ang is only good when your pregnancy is smooth. 1st visit, he said cannot see the sac, then made me do blood test. Then 2 days later, do another blood test and wait for results. He called me on the phone and told me to go to TMC the next day and to abort the baby and wash out my womb. I was in shock but he wasn't really soft in his approach. In the end, I decided to seek another opinion from another gynae and that's when I met Dr Tan Poh Kok. He was still a senior consultant at SGH then. He was really nice and encouraging and helped me along. Though things really didn't work out in the end, I was glad he took care of my feelings and also broke the news to me gently. I think a nice and patient gynae is important, esp for first time parents, coz then he will tkae time to explain things to u. But if u r looking for a no-frills type of gynae, Dr Ang will work for u. Hope the info helps.

-> honghan, I am taking primperan to help with the nausea. I only take when necessary.

Btw, may I ask how you all select your gynae? Though recommendation etc? How do we find out more about their package? Is it easily available online?

hi! i will prefer my gyane to be female though many said males are more gentle and understanding. However, im not comfortable with another guy looking at me down there though is for professional reason. Also, as im a first time mum, i will prefer doc who is patient and will explain in details. I have seen Dr Foong from gleneagles from the reviews i seen online when im ttcing. However my hb and I felt he is not very detailed. We have been trying for more than 1 year, and he asked us to do all the necessary checkups. However there are not much solution or explanation given why we still unable to conceive. And we paid so much for all the scan, blood test etc. we got fed up and switch to Dr Sheila Loh from RH. She looked through our reports and she is very patient and is able to explain to us in details. Also she recommend the supplements that we can take to boast the fertility. Within 2 months, I managed to conceive naturally. Of cos, i will continue with her though i heard RH could be quite expensive. But i think you must be comfortable with your gyane, that is most important.

Hi Ladies!

I am very new to this forum.
Just confirm my pregnancy with the gynae last week. EDD in early July. Expecting my first one after one year of TTC! Both hubby and mi so HAPPY
happy.gif

May I join the FB grp too?

Jan

Thanks for sharing about your gynae story... i understand what you mean about Dr Ang cos I experienced that(the impersonal part) a little cos my gynae is a little like this. Sometimes its like we are just customers to them and they cant offer more....

Do you see your gynae every 2 or 3 weeks during first trimester?

Ling
I select mainly through what I read on the forum through other people's opinion on the gynae and the costs factor as well.... Yes, i believe you can just search online in this forum for the gynae you want and read comments on them...
happy.gif

michiko
I understand some ladies prefer female gynae which is great as well.... just personal preference
happy.gif
As a first time mum, some people prefer to have a gynae who will take time and effort to explain things to them in detailed. Some of the gynaes will not do that. Bedside manner can be lacking.... I think I know which Dr Foong you are talking about, is he an older doc? Glad you found a nice gynae in Dr Sheila.

Shio Yean
Welcome!
happy.gif
kao_welcome2.gif

My gynae is dr Yvonne Chan from TMC. I prefer a female doc too...

Sally, can u add me to the FB group too? I'll Pm u...the link is not working.

Back