(2013/07) July 2013

Terrylyn, I hope to have Gemini baby too cos am born in June... If our bb is born in July.. Then will be different.... But no problem lah... Most important is a healthy baby;)

Mine previous baby is born exactly at week 40.... Plus 22 hours of labour.... Hope this will be a smooth process for me;)

Sally, I like to eat spicy n vinegar food too.... So different from my previous.... Just have chilli crab for dinner just now cos today we are celebrating advance wedding anniversary;)

Evelyn, congrats to you;) just don eat too much "cooling stuff", such as grass jelly etc n uncook food such as half boil egg etc.. Overall should be fine;)

Hi everybody, I'm new to this forum
happy.gif

I tested positive on Tuesday and did a blood test at GP on Wednesday, my beta count was 116 only. Doc say abit low could b due to early pregnancy as I'm just 4 weeks. Am asked to go back for another test next Wednesday. Am worry though. Is it really low for week 4?

This will be my first preg
happy.gif

Hi Evelyn, just no alcohol and caffeine according to my gynae. My EDD should be a few days later than yours on 8 Jul. Did you see anything from the scan?
happy.gif

Annabel, congrats and welcome. I think maybe still abit early at 4W. Just takecare and monitor closely, everything should be fine. For first pregnancy, you may want to consider going to the gynae around 6W or if you can tahan the wait and no unusual symptoms, some may hold on till 7-8W cos that is when bb's heartbeat is expected.

Jazz, did you opt for epidural for your first child? Was the jab bearable? Just saw a video clip on epidural and the needle was huge!

Welcome Annabel...;)

Miloqueen, after my 20 hrs of contraction, I decide to opt for epidural.. Cos too tired already... The needle is quite thick but the contraction pain is much more painful ... So that pain override the epidural pain... But after that... Super relieved.... At least I can rest for a while before I start pushing in another 2 hrs...no worry... Everything will be fine;)

For my 1st preg, I've epidural immediately when I got admitted to hospital as I'm someone with very low pain threshold. I didn't really see how thick the needle is cos I'm scared but I do know it's painful when the needle was insert into. But at least I'm relieved for the next 9hours.....

BTW for this preg, I don't know want go thru natural delivery again or c-section!

Jazz, joanne, thanks for sharing. Alot of gfs say should decide upfront else lugi to opt for it after going thru x hours of labour pain. One step at a time, so will think about this later.

mine 1st preg, also no epidural, 8hrs labour. dunno if i can still go through the same with no epi.

i feel that i have lost weight these 2 weeks, dont reallly have apetitie to eat. hope i can enjoy my tw trip.

Sally, yes you're very lucky!!!

Terrylyn, 8 hours still considered lucky. My mum waited a day before ending up in c-sec to deliver me. Hope such things won't get passed down in the genes hehe otherwise it will be pay back time.

Hello mummies-to-be, i just tested positive too. This will be my 2nd. My 1st just turned one this month :p

But right now, more of anxiety than happiness. Didnt expected it. Cos now I am in the midst of job hunting and just went for a 2nd interview at a place i liked and 2 more interviews lined up next week. *sigh*

Felixp congrats! Welcome!

I'm quite similar to u as in I'm currently holding a contract job which will end in Jun. Even though my boss said there might be chances of converting to perm nx yr, I'm afraid if he know I'm preg then no more chances for me. And I will be jobless
sad.gif

Welcome Felixp and Honghan, congrats ;)

I think my ms starting to get worse... I thou this time round, I will be more lucky compared to previous cos for my 1st, I have ms for 5 months and lost 5 to 6 kg during then....

Pray hard this ms will be shorter .... Cos I have no appetite for anything now;(

Evelyn, wow congrats! Is this your number one?

Jazz, I hope knowing that MS is a sign that bb is growing well could make you feel better. I don't feel much yet except I get hungry more often, some light cramps/ pulls at the abdominal area and sore breast continues. Feel abit queasy at times but so far diet is normal. Not sure if I'm saying this too fast and if bb is growing well. With MS feels horrible without we worry of bb's growth, so shang nao jin.

Hi everyone!

Just tested positive on Wed and am now in wk 5 and EDD is 11 Jul 13 according to an app..

this is my 1st pregnancy & will be visiting gynae on 19 Jul!
so excited yet worried since 1st trimester is so crucial!

had been burping alot, having sore breasts, cramps, very tired, constipation n not much appetite now...

already informed mum n parents in law and will inform my boss tmr.
happy.gif

this baby came as a surprise to us as we had not even settled down after wedding and HM so duno what to expect also...

Hi Sally, thanks for sharing about the coke zero. I went out to get some and felt so good after burping! I didn't think it's ok to drink carbonated drinks. Hur hur.

my MS was horrible yesterday but it didn't stop me from eating. i had ajisen tomyam ramen and yoghurt for lunch, roasted duck noodle with lots of green chilli and ice jelly soursop for dinner..
can't stop craving for sour food..

juz sent my hubby out to buy satay and chix wing
pregnant 的感觉真好! i feel like a queen !!

Wow Sally, you really power!

I dun have much MS except i viomitted once when i had kopi-c from yakun yesterday.

Annabel, i am not happy working at my current workplace, which was also quite far from my place. So i started job hunting recently and managed to be selected for interviews at a place within walking distance from my place. Super ideal for me cos i know the place value work-life balance and plus i dun have to rush like mad in the morning and evening to place and fetch my 1 year old baby to/from infant care. I feel there is a high chance of getting a offer. The question is should i be upfront abt it if i am offered or should i accept offer then tell them 1-2 months later. Haiz...

Mandy, baby is also a good surprise cos at times when u are 'ready' for it, it doesnt happen. :p

Evelyn, urs so fast can hear heartbeat liao? I tot must wait till 10 weeks ++ then can hear... cant rem much from my 1st pregnancy...

Btw, anyone here seeing Dr Lawrence Ang at Sunplaza? I saw him for my 1st preggie. Wondering if he is as notorious as ever...

felix, I'm considering whether to see him or not
my sis in law told me the package is ard $570 but dunno what does it include

Flexip, yup that's true also.
Anyway I guess it's fated lar. Hopefully all goes smoothly.

Btw I'll be seeing Dr H K Ho at Mt A.
Any comments abt him?

Miloqueen - ya this is my first..

Felixp - I am now at week 6,when I went see gynane on fri,can hear the heartbeat.. Remember it is 128Bpm.. Hehe..

actually for me, still abit of in denial cos i didnt expect it to be so fast cos my 1st baby has passed her 1 year old mark.. plus when i tested, it's like super duper faint line ...

Mandy, Dr Ho is at Yishun right? I have heard good reviews abt him, that he is nice and spend time clarifying your doubts.

Evelyn, thats fast! Wow, i cant even rem my baby's HB the...

Btw, any c-sec moms? I will most prob be c-sec cos my first is c-sec too.

I am gg for another interview today. Wish me luck k. :p

Hi all!

Im so glad im able to post in motherhood after trying for so long!
Today going for my first appt, im so excited as i heard from friends that I will be able to hear the heartbeat!
I feel this pregnancy making me going through roller coaster. The symptoms are so different everyday. One day I will have craving for some food, the next day I will lose all appetite. Then my stomach sometimes bloat like hell especially during 4th and 5th week, then this week didn't feel much. And started to feel a bit nausea but I tried to control it and tried not to vomit.
Anyone going through the same thing?

Welcome Michiko, congrats;) for mine is also the case but now is bad ms almost everyday.. Heee

Everything will be well soon;)

Cheers

Hi ladies, i am 4 weeks plus only but still to feel nauseous alr... very bloated... and also i dont sleep well at night, keep waking up early. do u guys face the same problem?

Hi ST, thanks for recommendation. Immediately told my hubby to get it. Hahaha.

Eating is still a big problem for me. I have to headache what to eat and everything looks yucky still but force myself to eat.

Thinking of getting tingkat catering lunch. So i dont have to headache what to eat. Anyone has recommendation?

Yesterday I had brown stains and so worried went to kk 24 hours clinic. Thank God it's not blood, and saw baby heartbeat! 6 weeks now.
happy.gif

ya...i also find all the food look not appetising... usually i will cook but now i don't feel like cooking at all.. the thought of handling the raw meat makes me sick. Luckily i still like to eat fruits.

Me too most of the food looks yucky to me.. Quite a headache when it comes to meal. Mine is night sickness.. Sure Puke after every dinner.

Sally, Dr Lawrence Ang's package includes monthly ultraround (inclusive of a scan pic), multivits, folic acid, and consultations. Fish oil have to top up additional. I think its very cheap compared to elsewhere. However, be prepared to wait at least 30-45 mins unless u are super early, and he wont entertain u for more than 5 mins. U need to know what u want to ask him. He is the chop chop kind; not reassuring kind. But i am okay with him... I feel he is good and cheap for handling 'normal' deliveries... go elsewhere if u need extra attention. I just fixed an appointment to see him on 1 Dec. But am also deciding if i should go to NUH...

Honghan, I also feel restless at night and dun sleep as well as before. Could be due to hormonal change. Drink warm milk before bed, maybe it helps.

Michiko, many congrats!
happy.gif

felix, thanks !! may opt for him if there's no complications in this preg, coz my workplace doesnt recognise the HL given by private practitioners/hosp (eg Raffles hosp)..

honghan, i dun have problem sleeping at nite, juz that i ve this.tendency to wake up and pee every now and then.. so i tried cutting down on my water intake at nite and it helps, i slept thru solid 7 hrs last nite..

Hi all,

I am also 6 -7 wks pregnant. This is my #1. Have been feeling nausea for the past wks. Have not been eating and sleeping well. Hope I can pass the this phrase soon.

Any good remedies for MS? mine still early stage so tolerable. i tried ginger snaps , seem to work so far.. but may not work when vomitting kicks in! Did u guys take multi vit/ folic acid? I only took folic acid so far.

hmm... juz wondering if it is easier to chat/discuss in FB.. how abt let's form a Jul'13 mummies group in FB??

how how ? we can upload photos/tag pple etc

Sally, great idea.
happy.gif

All Mommies, please remember 1st tri is a very critical period; eat well, rest well and be happy.

Thanks felixp for the reminder... Had been feeling sick n kinda worried about the baby as yet to scan...

Honghan: now I also just take folic acid till doc advice to take others.

I am pretty lucky considering no ms but for me is occasional cramps.

I think a fb thread is good!!

5 more days to see baby again!! Haha

Hi Sally, sorry that I don log on to fb frequently plus can be inconvenient for me cos do not want to let some of the "people" in my Facebook account know about my current status... Sorry babe;)

hmm... can create a closed group so that only members (i.e. us) can access and your friends wont be able to see anything.

Honghan, i think can go GP to get medicine to help with ms.

Hi Felixp.. I was wondering how we can eat well since most of us look at food and feel yucky.

I so hope I don't need to eat. Hee.

Yes. Can ask gynae to prescribe medicine and buy it from pharmacy. My MS was pretty bad that I was given MC to rest and medicine to eat. It does help a bit.
Try to drink more warm water to ease the discomfort too. For me, I can't take chili coz once I vomit, it would give me a burning sensation at the throat and gastric.

Back