(2013/06) June 2013

Hi Mummies,

My EDD is on 20 June (gynae said might bring fwd to Mid June)

Now @ week 34...
Total weight gain: 7kg
Baby's weight: 2.2kg

ST, my gynae also comment bb abit big.

Anyone going for the baby fair @ Expo this weekedn?

Katherine - my EDD is 10th June. Planned on natural birth at first but gynae warned me of possible complication so I'm thinking of choosing end of May for csection. Trying to drag as far as possible so baby can mature more inside.

estae, I will stop working from 3 June onwards ...so for the next 3 weeks ...quickly hand over everything to colleagues....

Have a good weekend !!!!

Hi,

Letting go used once:
1) 32 inc "Its a Girl - Bear" balloon. at $5
2) 33 inc "Its a Girl - Milk bottle" balloon at $5

Thanks\popjpeg
{8387480,}
8387483.jpg

I went to baby expo today, nothing much only got avent booth and cordlife... The rest are mostly baby clothes and few display of baby cots and stroller... Ended up went to babyhyperstore and baby kingdom at kaki bukit to get all the things I needed..
happy.gif

Hi Jessica, I'm planning to deliver at TMC. Just a week ago I got the estimated cost for delivery at TMC. Just to share, I booked a standard 1 bedder, 2 days stay at $2776, companion stay $150, epidural $450, pediatrician's fee $150-$200/day. And your gynae fee is separate. All these before gst. If any com0lication occurs, need to standby 30% more of the hospital charges. Medisave claimable $2100. Deposit you need to put in upon admission is the stay fee which is $2776 + gst. Hope this helps.
happy.gif
)

I went to the expo yesterday night.. besides avent and cordlife, huggies is there too. But their promotions were nothing exciting at all. I think most pple went to buy baby clothes and accessories. Carters bibs were selling for 5 for $15, towels (with/without hood) ranged from $7-$16, Carters rompers from $2 or $3 onwards, nursing bras $12 for one, $30 for three. There was a stall that sold those huge playmats too. The cheapest one on offer was $99 (made in china), the rest from Korea were more expensive in the mid $100 range.

Hope this helps!

Anyone have swollen feet?

Hi, one problem after another. Got high blood pressure and this few days started to have very swollen feet and I cannot stand long at all. Have to lay down on bed.

Kome, I'm down with sorethroat and runny nose instead. And nightly insomnia, sleeping 3-4 hrs. For swollen feet try raising them up and get hubby to rub them?

On a brighter note...Happy mothers day to all!

Kome: I'm also having swollen feet and can't stand long..very tiring..hubby has been nice enough to help me massage my leg and feet every night so that the next day I can walk more comfortably! try getting ur hubby to do that..

birdbird: happy mother day too! and to all mummies!
happy.gif

birdbird, I am down with flu now ...so tiring....u hv plenty rest ok ....

as for swelling, try to drink more water .....pls do not drink 100 plus or other isotonic drinks....will worsen the swelling condition...

Birdbird and ST, I'm down with flu too today..must be the crazy weather today, is soooo hot! I tiki clarinaise pill and feeling much better now, at least no more runny nose. I'll probably drink redoxon too before sleep later.

Katherine, so did u go to the baby expo?

I can't seem to walk for too long too now, get tired very easily ESP when he keeps dancing while I walk.. Hoho..

Happy mothers day too mummies!!!!!!!!

Wahh....so many pple down with flu? Pls take care n rest well.

Getting hubby to massage for me think is harder than getting the star from the moon. Maybe because this is our number and due to his busy schedule, he himself is also tired and he tend to be more hack care about me.

Jiayou mummies.....last trimester tend to have more problems.

Momoko: since some mummies said there's ntg much at expo, so in the end I ended up at kiddy palace and purchase some towels and blankets! Lol!

Recent crampings and swollen feet is just making my day superb worse.. Tired from all the walking and at night can't slp well cos of the cramps!

ST, i think i'll also take leave from 3-Jun onwards. now suddenly feel so short of time, LOL! oh, thanks for the tip on isotonic drinks, I've taken them a few times.. @__@

Kome, my feet and ankles seem permanently swollen. my right foot is more swollen than the left. the top part of the feet is quite tender, if press down will be painful. : (

my maternity shoot was done! photos in process, some are up on facebook le, just to share: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.519894034738286.1073741838.407369622657395&type=1

happy week ahead!

Thanks Estaefran for sharing your beautiful maternity shots
happy.gif

If we take leave from 3 June ...give birth in mid June.....actually rest for 2 weeks only....I find not enuf
sad.gif
... but I will fully utilize my 2 weeks leave at home ...planning to go for facial & pedicure to pamper myself before I pop ...

ST: Same! I'm also gg for pedi to pamper my swollen feet! also, to sleep enough before baby pop out and will have sleepless nights! Lol!

Estaefran:Thanks for sharing!
I am taking own self pics instead... hahah

Anyone done with the Strap B test and was tested positive? Just receive a call from the nurse that I am tested positive
sad.gif

Thanks all! prob will spend my leave doing up a photobook once all pics are ready, hehehe..

ST, yeah, no choice, i dun want to use too much of the ML. The month of May seemed to go so slowly. I'm trying to clear my work before i hibernate at home..

Estaefran - lookin good in those photos! Thanks for sharing
happy.gif
on the contrary I feel time flies especially this month! Maybe because I'm really feeling the nerves from the impending birth.

I am 36weeks now and haven't done any strep B tests? My doc hasn't mentioned about it ether. Is it compulsory?

Ha yes will book a session for mani/pedi over the next week or so.

Have finally decided to deliver via cs at Mt A... Will do the pre-admission this week! Think I'm one of the earlier to pop here and I shall duely update.

Btw tips from the clinic nurse: shaving done by hospital staff can be horrible so am advised to go do waxing prior to delivery.

Estaefran, the pics look very nice.. thanks for sharing.

I just did my strep B test last sat as well, waiting for results.

The weather is killing me lately... it so hot and humid, I wonder how to survice the confinement month, once step out of aircon room, I start to sweat

SHARON: did they mention what you should do now? Since tested positive? When is your next visit to your gynae?

Birdbird: I think I will be the first to pop la. I am like spotting on and off...zzz...Very scared to go toilet every now and then!! Scared mucus plug drop la, scared water bag break la. hahah. Very gan cheong leh!!!

Fefe - I can understand! Getting paranoid too, am thinking to lay a waterproof sheet on my mattress just in case. For you better not move so much! Doc did mention gravity will somehow expedit labour so do put up your legs and rest more more k! Don't worry when the time comes I'm sure it'll be fine and we all shall await the good news here
happy.gif

Katherine - am opting single ward so hubby and baby can stay in. My elective date is 31 May. From Mt A I was told elective or emergency CS packages are the same. I guess the varying factor is doctor's charges (delivery and daily visits) and condition of mommy and baby that'll determine if extra equipments are necessary. I will update here once I know the bill!

Estaefran, nice pics!!! thanks for sharing!

for the step B test, I guess it is pretty common to be tested positive and usually doc will just give 5-days course antibiotics and the bacteria should be gone.. If you are going for cs, then dont need to bother about the strep B. But if you are going for natural birth, then better complete the antibiotics dully. Some will even put the antibiotics on drip during natural birth.

I was tested positive for strep B at week 12 and 20 (just happened to do the swab test cos i had heavy discharge). The doc reminds me to inform the nurses i had strep B tested before when im admitted to hospital. And they'll know what to do. Anyway, in the hostpital admission letter, the doc already indicated there that im strep B positive before.

So Fefe, sharon, dont worry.. it is nothing to worry about
happy.gif

gambatte mummies!!

Fefe : was told by the nurse they will administer the anitbodies during labour and I have to ensure that... was just afriad what if i can't rem when i am in pain -_-!!!

Thanks Momoko!

will ask my gynae more during my next check up this Sat.

humph! he's really a tough nut to crack hor! >: (

but given his experience, i guess we have to trust him ba... u rest more for these 2 days, or go GP get more MC ba. hugzzz!

So far, these are what I have bought:

For confinement tea:
1. red dates
2. black dates
3. dried longan
4. wolfberries
5. dang shen

For tonic soup (soup packs from Eu Yan Sang)
6. Ba zhen soup
7. Dang Gui Soup
8. Shi Quan Ta Bu Tang
9. Du Zhong soup

10. Seng Hua Tang to clear blood clots

11. Bai Feng Wan

12. Rice Wine aka yellow wine?

13. DOM

I am wondering if it is necessary some other items separately like:

- Pao shen
- Dang Gui
- Cordyceps etc.

Thanks for helping
happy.gif

I can't wait to give birth.. The weight of the baby, the heartburn, the swollen feet, backaches and pain is making me so miserable. Haven been having good sleep for many many nights..

On top of that, I bought chicken essence, bird nest & So Hup Pills....

Chicken Essence & So Hup pills - consume daily
bird nest - TB consume in the last week of confinement ...

I started my leave today but am still busy at home ferry te kids to n from school + housework. My swollen feet is pain for standing or walking long.

Wanna rest also difficult due to the super hot n noisy construction near my house.

Really scare will go into emergency c-sect due to high blood pressure again.
sad.gif

Back