(2013/06) June 2013

Tricia
Take care and jia you rest when ever you can..

I took out some clothes to see see look and got a shock actually just less than 2 years some of the clothes has this yellow stain
sad.gif

I will be washing them slowly batch by batch also depending on the weather by end of May since I only pop end June ...
Need to sort out space for #2, I am using those toyogo kind of shelves.

Estaefran
Even my #1 is coming to 2 years old, I still use baby detergent and I am very anal de I handwash her clothes.

I am using Pureen liquid detergent...

Kome
I also have discharge dont think it is because of the cold drinks I also have not been able to stop drinking cold drinks, the weather is too hot to refuse a cold drink

worse for me I feel itchy under there

Kome: I have alot of watery discharge. Has been so since end of first trimester. Read that it's pretty normal and gynae confirmed that. Just take more care to clean down under!

Any mummies planning to use reuseable diapers?

Vivi
Occassionally i do feel itchy but not that bad. My 2nd pregnancy, i always feel itchy. You may get the medicine to insert and stop the itchiness. I heard that it is call yeast infection. Get the medicine and insert and the next day you will recovered.

My itchiness is more bad at my anus, seem a GP before and the doctor said is due to sensitive skin but till now every week or 3 to 4 days i will feel itchy again. The cream that GP gave already used up, will need to get from my gynae just in case.

mummync > Glad to hear that ur bb girl is growing well.. Don't worry, all will be fine! Be careful and try to avoid carrying heavy weight items to avoid aggrevating the SPD..

estaefran > Normal washing powder is too strong so will be using either Pureen or Kodomo..

Kome > I also read that discharge is normal and might get more as the pregnancy progresses. Have checked with gynae and it's fine as long as odourless..

Any mummies here are experiencing swollen feet, lower calf pain and spider veins appearing on their tighs?

I initially thought the cramps were due to the cold weather but doesn't seem like it to me now.. As for the spider veins, i read online that there aren't any much to be done except to elevate and wear compression stockings.. My mum has quite a fair bit of spider veins which appears while having me and doesn't go off even till now. How do you mummies overcome?

Haha....i be using washing machine but will soak the clothes for about 10 or 20 mins first before putting to washing machine.

Fefe
I am planning to use cloth diapers since i got maid to help out already.

kome - haha ya i kinda expect tt my gynae will mention part of pregnancy too but yes i read the symptoms..hard to turn in bed etc..u can go google n read up
happy.gif
nothing much tt we can do..n yes normally appear after 2nd tri..difficulty getting up from bed after a night of slp etc..the pain for me is where the pelvic bone n thigh connects..for me on my right side..so ur panty one side of the V..if u noe wat i mean..u can try n notice issit there..if press on it i tink can feel pain coz i was holding tt area tt day to ease the pain n walk..gets worse for me at night now..maybe coz after a day of being bz w kid n getting up n down etc...

oh yes n i do get watery discharge too..but gynae not concern if no colour or smell.i was worried if it was my water leaking..but he said my water alot n gd condition..so its prob jus one of those things..dont worry

wy_june
My mom said i started to have swollen feet but i don't see any difference myself. :D I have stretchmarks but no spider veins (touchwood). But i saw and heard alot of people saying spider veins will not be going off even after delivery just like stretchmarks.

Thanks mummies. Really feel more ease knowing that it is normal to have discharge. My mom keep saying because of me taking cold drinks but i just cannot stop it.

Kome
My first pregnancy was very itchy too despite gynae prescribed me cream. I was to the extent of hoping I gave birth faster so that the itch stopped.

Now waiting for next week to ask gynae to prescribe me the medicine. I think wearing pantiliners also worsen the situation.

For washing of baby clothes I was thinking to get a mini washing machine just to wash the kids clothes but is it worth it? Worse case I still stick back to hand wash

mummync
Daytime i seldom feel pain. The pain only happens when i try to get up from my sleep at night. Tonight i will try to see exactly where is the pain.

kome - ya daytime pain not as bad..normally when slping n hafta turn or when getting up from sitting on the flr..they say haf 2 knees tog when getting outta car or pushing off to turn in bed..but might get progressively worse thru the pregnancy..today i find tt walking in the office is a little difficult..mus wait abit slowly..

vivi - dont tink need bah..i use laundry bags..n use same machine..but of coz in diff batches la..anyway for pantyliners make sure its the non-scented ones..i find the scented ones also make me itch

Mummync
Hmm dont know leh because my washing machine quite old liao then a bit dirty de despite me cleaning so all this while I handwash and only 1 kid so not putting the small load in the machine. And I dont mix our clothes with the kids one.

Unscented ones also me itch
sad.gif

Nowadays I feel breathless when I walked a bit or stand to queue to buy something ...

mummync
Huhh.....will get worse? Now already quite pain.
sad.gif
Ya.....i already started to walk slowly coz my feet is like so heavy and i will feel breathless.

Estrafran
I am SAHM ma so can afford a little time to wash the clothes plus I find the clothes will last longer as in not so crumpled and worn out. Actually now worth la because #2 takes over #1 clothes all look pretty new ... lol

vivi - 1 kid also alot to wash..yeah my machine also like tt..so i use laundry bag..so tt it traps any dirt on the outside..

kome - may get worse w baby bearing down further..the reason we get this is coz of the relaxin hormones tt helps relax n widen the hips..jus tt we got too much for the hormones abit too early..so it misaligns the pelvic n thigh bone..so im assuming nearer to full term or when baby is heavier n closer to tt position..we will feel more pressure n pain there..

Mummync
you all mean pelvic pain?
I have it if I sit too long...
At last trimester it was worse when wearing undies I have to sit on the bed to wear

Thats a good idea maybe if it is too much to handle I can use the laundry bag method to wash

morning mummies and take good care.. hang on and it will be over soon.. (=

yes, im also using tollyjoy detergent for my 3yo gal. I tried using our washing powder and she developed white spots on her limps! so i think its better to use baby detergent and it smells better than ours too! Just to ask, do u all really scrub their clothes thoroughly or just dump into the washing machine? The kids nowadays changed many sets a day esp my #1 is a cleaniness freak!

Had done some packing over the weekend and only managed to pack one small bag of NB clothing for #2 cos' most of the white clothings turn yellowish! so sad! time for shopping again..

talked with HB on delivery process.. cant decide GA or epidural.. my first experience was GA and wasnt a pleasant one cos i only get to see baby on the second day! so im planning to go for epidural for #2 but i got phobia seeing the doc operate infront of me..

just want to ask, does it hurt when they inject the epidural and how does it feel like when they ops infront of u? Im kinda freak out and HB actually advised me to go for GA but Im not so keen...

hapieger
Where did you do c-sect for your #1 and what time? I did c-sect for my #1 with GA and #2 with epidural. I got to see my #1 at around 8+pm after i woke up. My operation time was ard 4.45pm. For me epidural was no use, coz i can feel the pulling and pushing pain. Even the gas cannot help me, makes me more dizzy and wanted to vomit. I kept shouting for help. Haha......maybe the doctor doing the epidural is not good. This time round to prevent suffering from pain, i going for GA and just sleep.

kome, i did it at TMC ard 7pm and i only get to see her the next day late afternoon so kinda upset that i dint manage to bf her immed! i think im the last person to see her as the rest managed to peek at her @ nursery!

OMG, u scare me with the pulling n pushing pain! but i really wanna see bb immed! sigh!

kome - yeah maybe bed rest might help but no la wont result in pre term..jus v xinku fr us lor..

hapierger - hmmm when needle go in for epi abit of pain/ tension..but ok la..jus dont move n follow instructions..at the op table..i cldnt really tell wat was going on..coz the view in front of u is blocked..jus talk to hubby beside u lor..for me coz e c-sect i was so tired alrdy tt i didnt really bother..jus wanted to get it over n done with haha..u may feel abit of pulling n stretching but nothing major coz u r numb..

I bought some reusable cloth diapers and will start using them maybe after the first couple of months. It seems like a heavy investment at first but I think with a little extra hard work it'll be worth it!

Kome, I don't have help at home so everything's gonna rely on my multi tasking and washing machine! Will be washing all laundry in machine as well, separate load for baby's clothes.

Really hope I can cope after confinement... It'll just be me and baby in the day with two pets!

Oh yah I also have quite heavy cream coloured discharge sometimes I can feel it drip... But it doesn't itch. I change liners and panties very often now, and wash the privates a few times a day with lactacyd. On the other hand think I've developed piles
sad.gif
due to the occasional strains and constipation.

Hapieger
I understand your feeling. I never get to see my #1 once he was delivered out. Only thru my hubby hp than I got to see his photo, I am quite upset also. That's why for my #2 I opt for epidural so that I can get to see him immediately but no lor. The nurse just let my hubby check and see at the other side while the gynae do stitiching. Haha.......and I was too exhausted from the pain and shouting. Think depends on the doctor who do epidural also bah. Might not everyone be the same as me or maybe I am too exerated.

Mummync
Thanks. If like this than I need to plan and see to start my ML earlier to rest more. My gynae will only back in SG early June only.

As the EDD draws closer I'm also imagining a lot! Will I know when to go to hospital?? Am hoping it'll be vaginal delivery but definitely opting epidural.

Kome did you managed to find out who the relief doctor is from your gynae? Just in case. Also, for c-section I thought parents decide on the date? You mean some doctors will plan the c-section date for you?

kome, at least we can get to breastfeed the bb immed.. omg.. i wanna see the 'raw' her! lol.. i wanna take photo with her ma which i dint manage to do so with #1. )=

so sleepy after lunch.. how i wish i can rest at home everyday! i wanna be a SAHM too!

Tks for the replies mummies :) guess i shall wash the bb clothes end of march since my c section is almost end of may. My Edd is 4 june. Had 2 c section b4 so 3rd one gyne recommened c section too. And he was saying my bb wil weigh abt 3.8 to 4.5kg so I was happy to hv c section lol....

Juz came back from KKH labour ward, back aching still to genital area but gynae busy in private suite unable to see her ...seen by MO - luckily no contraction n discharge but I gotta limitation in movement...need to be wheelchair - goin bk see my gynae again tml another painful travelling....
When can start taking antenatal leave ? Cos I'll get HL from gynae tml till delivery but my boss wanted me to start antenatal leave even though I have AL 20+ days

bird bird
No. I never asked. Since is not my gynae no point to know also. Ya.....initially we decide the date in end may but gynae will not be able to come back sg to do for me, so gynae suggest on the 4 June o be on safe side for him to come back.

Hapieger
No leh......the nurse never give me to breast feed immediately. They just carried my boy to one side. Wipe off the blood, asked my hubby to check legs n hands than carried him out.

Justcactus
Woww.....your bb is big. Ya....better to have c-sect.

Oh dear Tricia, sorry to hear about your pain. At least the staff at KKH are taking care I things right now. Update us on your gynae visit tomorrow and do take good rest in the mean time.

justcactus, how do you know what your baby will weigh? Big bundle of joy you've got there
happy.gif

Is it true babies tend to take after mummies birth weight? That's what people have been telling me... I was a large baby myself >3.5kg! My hubby was born around 3.2..

Tricia
Take a good rest. Think the earliest date to take Maternity leave is 4 weeks before delivery.

Is every mummies still working? I had to stop working two months b4 christmas becos of high blood then i was back to work in feb 50 percent n the after one week my pressure went up again now working once a week.Noticed that even working once a week still hv to rest 3 days after work to recuperate lol... My boss was telling me I shld take care of my health and bb health if I feeling more and more tired should just go on mc n stop working lol...

Hey bird bird well...i was a small bb n i think last time i was there the gyne was checking n measuring the bb n then he just told us the bb going to be big maybe its already big now. I suspect the bb is long lol...or maybe heavy bones like my hubby lol....my second was overdue n weighs 3.6kg i think fi4st one was 1 mth premature almost 3 kg.

hi Tricia: Rest well and hope your pain will be gone! hm..actually does it make a difference whether u utilise your maternity leave or annual leave? hope your company is not making things difficult for you.

birdbird: not sure if baby will take the weight of parents, but a high possibility as it's somewhat genetic? sounds like u're having a big bundle of joy! hee

i wana be a SAHM too! i guess my work is taking a toll on me now...feeling super lethargic recently...and i was talking to hubby over the wkend that we really need to adjust our lifestyles...we've both been very busy with work, travelling alot...he's stressed out and i am burnt out...feel so much like just taking a break from everything...sometimes i wonder if i am falling into mild depression...have been forcing myself to stay positive each day.

from the FB thread, i think i shld ask my gynae to write a letter for me on pre-mature delivery possibility and submit to my boss...but i am not sure how that will eventually decrease my work load.

ah...sorry for 'whining' here..need somewhere to air...haha

mabelths
You sound really tiring. Actually I am tired also. Need to go office, fetch elder son, office, fetch #2 than go to my mom's hse for dinner. By the time I reach home totally no energy at all. I intend to work half day from end of March onwards and stop work from May onwards but still need to ferry my sons to and fro school till June school holidays start whereby i can rest for 3 days than go for my c-sect.

YOu are welcome to whin over here. We can listen to your complains.

kome, i think have to insist that you wish to bf immed if not they wont know.. not sure abt it thou.. have to check with the midwife i guess..

jus curious..it seems a number of u are on HL and it has been given from now till birth..i was under the impression that HL had to be 'renewed' on a bi-weekly or monthly basis..like gynae will extend for u when u next visit him again or something..i will prob need to ask to be on HL nearer the date coz of all the pain i am feeling..but if HL is given on an extendable basis then very hard for me to plan my handover properly n inform my boss coz i cant tell him tt im confirmed on HL if it needs to be on an extendable basis..any advice?

Ya earliest to start maternity is 4 weeks before EDD. But why not use AL first? Cos after ML we go back to work almost year end. If AL never use will end up forfeited too.

I also get pain in the back of my tighs if walk fast or walk too long. Prob have to take it easier?

kome: thanks! yea...you sound really busy too! i guess on top of physical fatigue i'm feeling the mental drains..not sure why somehow i dont seem to be able to take in that much as before...maybe it's just a mindset thing

i'm thinking of asking for MC/HL too nearer my delivery...and i may be shelving my May trip...for the upcoming US trip no choice must go...but tailbone been aching even sitting on the office chair..praying i can endure the long flight hours and still be operational running thru meetings and conf..

shan991: fortunately for me i can carry forward 10 days of AL to next yr...so not that bad even if i dont fully use this yr..which i most likely wont use much.

maybe u can slow down in your walking? it could be the muscle strain due to the weight we're carrying now...i suddenly feel much heavier than before..haha

mabelths - yah but asking not definite can get? ahha so i plan ML until headache..must gauge all diff scenarios..then if got HL for how long etc etc...lol

mummync: yea i know..i'm hoping gynae will write a letter...then i will use that to get my boss to send someone else for these trips..

even if i have to continue working, it's definitely better to be able to stay in SG..so keeping my fingers crossed.

my boss and my boss' good friend used to be a 'superwoman' when they were pregnant back then...travelling all the way until airline bar them from travel...maybe that's why my sked is also planned that way...i hope they dont expect that i will be like them...highly stressful to meet their expectations.

on a lighter note, i'm thinking of buying nursing wear from qoo10...some looks relatively affordable and good..any feedback from mummies who bought from qoo10 before?

Back