(2013/02) March 2013

Thanks for the suggestions mommies re milk bags. I found a BP seller online for Lansinoh. Price is ok but my first time buying from seller, so crossing fingers
happy.gif

Hi mummies, i would like to sell a preloved quinny zapp xtra (brown) and maxi cosi cabriofix car seat (blue). Pls pm me if you are keen, thanks
happy.gif

Congrats Faith!

I think my wife's probably gonna be one of the last to deliver for March babies. EDD 28th.

Anxiously awaiting my daughter's arrival
happy.gif

Hi zoovee, I tried melrose bake house and NeoGarden for catering.. Melrose was most affordable. Their cakes are not bad but the catered food didn't look that good visually, lots of deep fried stuff that looked like it was sitting there for hours and the oil all oozing out already.

Neo garden is reliable. Decent. at least you can expect pretty ok stuff.

For giveaway cake, I like the Melrose first month boxes. Ordered for my office of 40pax and were quite affordable and presentable. But now, my office has now xpanded even more, think I'll just order Twelve Cupcakes or something... Anyway I notice the red eggs always go to waste....

Anyone else got recommendations from previous experience? Happy to get more inspiration.
happy.gif

Hi,

I am due in Aug'2013 & is urgently looking a confinment lady.
I believe most mummies here oredi gave birth & hving a CL with them. Can u recommend a good CL who u are hving now? Thanks.

Hi mummies
Does anyone face the same problem as I?
1. No matter how I pump, I always end up with one breast giving less milk than the other?
2. Baby's drinking amount is irregular. My baby can sometimes drink 60ml of expressed milk then 30ml of formula milk within an hour but on good days she is just contented with just 60ml of milk.
3. How long do you all spend in pumping milk?

Hope to hear from someone soon
happy.gif

faith:
1. the amount from both breast will be diff. try to pump on the less amount the next round.
2/3. can't advise on this as i latch on totally.

Hi Faith

I'm also facing same issue where 1 breast is providing less milk than the other. I asked my massage and confinement lady, apparently its normal that 1 side will have more milk than the other.

Usually i expressed 15mins for each side (based on what i gathered from the lactation consultant at the hospital). Not sure if tt's the norm or should I be expressing till there's no more milk.

Hi all other mums,

My baby's demand for milk is quite irregular too. Sometimes, she can wait till her next feed, sometimes she'll get hungry very fast. Is it true that the more often your baby poops and passes urine, the faster he/she gets hungry again?

It's normal to have one breast more than the other. Initially, if u hv engorgement, better to pump out completely to ease the discomfort. But after the engorgement stage is over, try to have baby nurse from smaller breast. Over the next few weeks, this can help balance out so that your breast size wont be overly assymmetrical!

i totally latch but also pumpimg 2-3x/day. I store these in freezer to prepare for the time after maternity leave. i pump only 5-10min after latching on, where length of time depends on how much milk i can pump. i try to aim for about 80ml++ to store.

Bb milk demand is indeed irregular. If you wish, you can force your child into a schedule. i did that with first kid, but my family blames me now for my first kid's small appetite cos i din let him feed when he wanted to. So i'm just doing on-demand feeding now with #2.

But if you think scheduled feeding will help with your sanity, check out the book BabyWise that has useful advice including prent directed feeding (PDF).

Thanks oily (oily), lene_05 and ccpet
happy.gif

I'm trying my best to latch on and express my milk for my baby as she has such big appetite!

Hi, not sure who was running the previous FB group as I din get a response. So I've personally added some of u already to my FB so tx for answering my friend request.

If u wanna connect with me, can send me a PM?. I just realized that its not a gd idea to post ur email addy here sigh, although I did it myself oso. Thanks!

Hi ladies,

Anyone of you taking fenugreek to increase milk supply? I overstocked. Bought 2 bottles (100 capsules each) from GNC and realized that I have an unopened bottle at home. So selling the 2 bottles I just bought... U.P. $29.50 each, letting go at $25 each.

Let me know if you're keen.

And btw, who is the admin for FB group? I want to join the group too. I delivered on 12 March... Baby will be one month old next week!
happy.gif

I encountered the same problem by pumping 60ml of milk and I have continue to breastfeed him after that. Sometimes, he will be knocked out for 4 hours , sometimes 2 hours.

I will checked the time ,if I am tired, I will wake him up to feed him first. so he wil sleep longer..

Another trick I learned that it seemed that when I bf , I lactate more , so I bf and pump the other breast at the same time and feed it to him after that. The supply seemed to keep him satisfied for a good few hours.

Can I join the fb grp too!!
happy.gif

my fb add is : [email protected]
edd was 21032013

Hi Mummies,

Anyone gave birth via C-Sect at KKH with a sample bill size to share? I have given birth at TMC previously, wondering if I should do it at KKH this time round.

If not willing to post publicly, can email me at [email protected]. Thank you!

Hello!!
I’d like to sell my girl baby cot that we seldom used. It’s really in good condition. Since she turned 4months, she went overseas. Since then, she is not sleeping in the cot anymore and sleep inside our bed.

I want to sell at $99 including mattress, teething cover, two bed sheets, bed frame cover and all accessories include with the cot. 99% good shape. It’s in white color ;can match with baby boys or girls.
I am selling cuz moving house soon. Pls contact me at 91834477

Hi I m new here, just given birth to my boy on 19/3/13. He's on full bf. for the past 4 days he has nt pooed. Should I bring him to see pd. I heard it's normal for bf bb as breastmilk digest easier.

i'm the admin of the fb group...

to those who wanna be added.. pls PM me your fb email address and do ensure that ur profile can be searched on fb... encountered a few times unable to add coz i can't find ur profiles..

My name starts with a G so faster add me n join the fb group!

Hi

I have the following brand new items to sell. Please contact [email protected] or 97440444 to quote your price if you are interested.

1 X 6 piece Breast Shell Set
1 X Moisturising Nipple Cream
10 X Breast Milk Containers 180ml/6oz - 1 set
2 X 125ml/4oz classic feeding bottles with 0m+ teats
1 X 125ml/4oz classic feeding bottles with 0m+ teat

Dear mummies,

Am letting go of the following:

1. BN Bebitza Breastfedding Blanket: $45
2. BN Dumex Nursing Cover: $8
3. BN Annakku Napkin Liners: $7
4. MIM Slings: $20
5. Avent Storage Bottles, 125ml: $2.50
6. Evenflo Storage Bottles, 120ml: $1.20
7. Pigeon Fridge To Go Cooler Bag (w ice packs): $40
8. ELC lights and sound buggy driver stroller toy: $30
9. Almost New! Lucky Baby flower bear playmat: $40
10. Avent Breast Shells (6pcs)/ Nipple Shield: $10
11. Greenlife Fenugreek tablets (50 tabs) : $5 (half bottle)
12. Disposable Breast Pads (15 loose pcs):

Collect at Buangkok MRT. Kindly msg me (not WA) me at 98158556 if keen and let me know your best offer.

Hi all

My second baby died of undetected Congenital heart defects. As we've been away awhile, I'm unfamiliar with KKH health screenings for newborns. Do you know if KKH does Pulse oximetry screening for all newborns and especially for those with siblings with history of congenital heart defects? thx u.

Hi mummies, i'm selling my Preloved Medela Swing (local set) @ $130; brought in April 2012 lightly used for 4
mths last year. Scan receipt is available upon request.

Items included
- adapter
- motor unit
- breast shield connector
- 1 valve with membranes
- neck strap
- drawstring bag
- information guide
- funnel
- 6 preloved 150ml storage bottle

Link to item : https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf8lzjhp9q4zpzf/Photo%201-6-13%207%2032%2054%20AM.jpg

Self collect at Punggol as need to test.
Interested, kindly pm.

Hi mummies,

Please feedback on the following Post-natal massage:-
1) Mdm Aida
2) Mdm Mas
3) Mdm Layla
4)babies bellies.com.sg
5) jamumassage.com (Traditional & Holistic)
6) bodyworkclinic.com.sg

Letting go Avent breast shells (BNIB) - $10

* Used once NUK wide neck bottle (150ml) - $5

* Lightly used Avent digital warmer (Used less than a month) - $ 30

* BNIB Pigeon Compact sterilizer - $30 (Warranty available)

* Lamaz activity mat (Lightly used) - $20

* 1 bottle of Brand new GNC Fenugreek - $20

* 1 bottle of Brand new Goldminds DHA - $30

* BNIB 1 box of Avent Breast pads - $10

* Pink color rocket (the one with tinny holes) - $10 . Condition: 9.5/10 cos hardly use

Email me at [email protected]
contact nos: 9115 7111

* Willing to exchange for NTUC vouchers or other shopping vouchers

Dear mummies,

I have 3 packs of Brand New Merries diapers (M size, taped) just bought a month ago.

I overstocked so am looking to sell these 3 packs. Selling at $20 per pack (retailing $26.95, 64 pcs). Buy all 3 packs at $57. Please PM me if interested. Self collect at Tampines, Bedok, Tanjong Pagar or Suntec (or can arrange to meet if near these areas).

Cheers!

Hi mummies

Sorry to disturb..

I'm letting go my 100% Authentic LV Neverfull MM size, this size is good to be a diaper bag.
Bought from Paris LV boutique, used once only and still in excellent condition.

Selling $800, comes with original receipt, dust bag, box and paper bag.
Let me know if keen, tks.

hey mummies..

Anyone of you intending to put you LO in infantcare when u return to work?

Was wondering if there are any recommended ones near Raffles Place vacinity.

The babysitter i got played me out last min so now I'm in a rush to look for someone (nanny or infantcare) to look after my LO once i go back to work in July.. Major headache now.. =(

[Charlene] It's already Jun, I guess it will be pretty difficult to get vacancy in infant care centre. The good ones have very long waiting list. Possible to persuade mil/mum to take care?

Back