(2013/01) Jan 2013

Jerlyn,
Yes they luv to kick the blanket away! Only if I tuck it slightly under him then will be able to foil his attempts at kicking. But I think it is just easier n safer to let them wear long pants n socks, safer too.

Aspialle,
Good looking boy you've got!
happy.gif

Mummyval,
I dun count the sleeping hours lei. But I noticed that my boy will generally be very sleepy n rather kuai for a 12 hr period from the time he sleeps at night. His naps are taken as and when he feels like it during the day and can last from half an hr to 3 hrs.

Hi mummies, any confinement nanny to intro? Im going to due end of nov so abt 7wks preg now. called 3 CL but all engage.

so if you CL cooks well and not so strict with confinement rules, please let me have their contact.

thanks million!!!

Aspialle, your boy so handsome
happy.gif

Re: sleeping in air con
My boy has ultra sensitive nose, can't take air con at all. I have been sweating every night sleeping. He can't take fan too
sad.gif
. Hope he outgrows this soon.

Think my boy is a chubby potato. At 2 months jab at doc, he measured 7kg (95th percentile) but only 57 cm (25 th percentile). Must pull his legs and ask him to grow taller....

Pacifier,
I let my boy take pacifier. When my mum look after him, he will suck pacifier to sleep. But when he see me, he will auto refuse the pacifier.
For my older kids, weaning pacifier was not too bad. We told them one day, the pacifierno more. They search high and low through every cupboard, then convinced no more, then went to sleep. I wean them before they started childcare. Pacifier in cc very dirty, cos the teachers sure no time to wash them when they drop on the floor.

Piyoz,
I also tink must wean off pacifier before childcare so I'm weaning my 2yr old girl now. She's going childcare in June. I tried once in feb, it was hell. She cried the House down for an hr. I tried again last fri, jus simply puttin her to bed without it. She asked for it and I said no more, slp with mummy can't eat. It has been a week and she didn't ask for it since den. Such a difference frm feb.
So this #2 boy I decided to wean him off pacifier before 1 yr old. Seems like he dun like pacifier also. Only suck on and off.

My elder son wean off v early like 6 or 8months .. We bought new one and keep old ones , somehow he knows its not "his" and refuse pacifier after that , don't have his smell and texture diff

i intro pacificer to her when she was 2 months plus..otherwise she will cry the whole hse down..and don wan her to have colic too..

i will remove her pacificer when she is aslp. and onli she cry than i put pacificer to her.

when she has pcificer, she will slp on her own and fall aslp very quickly..thats the pro part.

Hi Mummies,

I would like to know how much you feed your bb.

My boy is 3 months 3 weeks drinking ebm 5oz every 3 hours. Just wondering if it's too much.

Envious mummies with babies tt are chubby like "michelin". My bb is 3mo but only 6kg. He drinks v little (+/-100ml) haiz.
My bb dislike Avent pacifier (mayb too short?). We noticed he treating the teat as pacifier. With it then he can slp. Which brand of pacifier is longer?

Ctrus, NUK pacifier is pretty long but the plastic part is curved and kind of "cuts" into the sides of bb's mouth. Leaves a mark after taking out. I don't like it but since bought aldy, juz use anyway. Alternate it with the Avent one.

My boy is 12wks too and only 6.6kgs, mostly EBM. His appetite is confusing me. Do you all feed on demand or feed based on 2.5-3hrs?

My bb feeding on demand, but around 3 hrs+/-.

Sometime he will over slept then will become 4 hours interval.

Fyi, he change his feeding interval from 2 hrs to 3hrs when he reach 12 weeks.

Haha mummyval
Yes my boy chubby so after eating pacifier there is a deep mark on his cheeks...

Ctrus
Prefer latex one, used it for both my sons

hi mummies..

can i check if bb is having fever, can bb slp in air con room? my bb having fever as she has her injection yester.

Last time I heard a mummy says the latex one texture is closer to nipple thus chosen that , my boy is ok with it so just continue. Tried giving silicon before but he dun like

I use silicon. Been using the latex teats but keep collapsing, very irritating for both bb and feeder.

Is it ok to feed based on time interval? I'm wondering if I'm totally lost abt my boy's hunger cues or he's juz not hungry when I feed him but still manages to finish the bottle.

HI mummies..

wanna check which brand of fm to intro? do you all ask docto intro the brands of fm?

do you give your bb fm for night feed so that they can last longer thru the night?

as my child going to infant care soon..i scare my bm not enough.

Thank you.

Jerlyn,
Airon should fine even if kids have fever, but ensure temp not too cold and also do not overseers them in clothes that are overly thick and warm. Afterall the hospitals are also air-conditioned.

For fm, my boy will drink Dumex Mamil Gold same brand as his elder bro. Feedback from my friends and some mummies here is that Dumex less heaty causes less constipation, and is one of the longest well established brand in market. Nan and enfa also seems popular. Personally I find Somilac hard to dissolve. U can get sample tins from the co or doc to try.

As for night feed:
Fm seems to last longer but that is coz if is harder to digest by babies compared to bm. So if supply of bm is sufficient better to give baby bm. I will only give fm if bm not enough and if so anytime during day or night for fm feed should be ok.

Mummies, any1 using avent milk warmer? Is there a need to monitor how long the bottle has been placed in warmer? I just tested mine with tap water, set to 1 and the water is hot leh.

Hi Chevy..it depends on whether the milk is in liquid or frozen form..mine took about less than 5 min if i put in(liquid form) directly(waiting for water to boil).

you have to trial and error cos differ ppl heat up the milk to differ temp for bb..

Steam off

On sat my hubby use cane on my elder son again, told him not to do that in front of baby but he hit the cane on table so hard, bb is frightened n cry. Me too also frightened cos he can't control his anger , keep chasing and beating him. I'm so scared I also carry bb and cry. To some extend like breaking down cos I keep shouting no no , stop...

Feel that the stress reached bottleneck... Feeling helpless. Propose to hubby I need a breather, so we shld rotate to bring my son to class on weekends so that I can at least step out of the hse, however he refused. Wanted part time cleaner, he also refused. As for maid, their salary is so high nowadays, to be able to find one below $500 with his expectation , I wonder when wld that be.

Dun stress dun stress.. Passing phrase ba.. When we r young also always got chase by canes! Regarding stepping out the house mayb u can consider bringing baby out instead? =) go down have a walk ard the garden enjoy the greenery, meet other parents with their kids and relax =)

Aspialle, hugzz...
I also think that going out for a walk will help.

Why not get your mom to help for the time being? It's different to have someone at home to share your work load and be your listener...

Aspialle

Hang on...passing phrase onli..don stay at hm whole day..go out for a walk with bb when your son is in school..fresh air is gd for you both..

wonder if you can let yr bb eat jing feng shen??cos my bb frighten, i will let her drink a bit.

Hi mummis,
I've returned to work for more than a month as I only took 2 months ML. Busy with work n bb everday so seldom log in. How's everyone?

Aspialle,
Bring your bb out for a walk in the morning when your hubby is at work n #1 is in school. Better than coping up at home.

My plc here is dengue blacklist area, also don't dare to bring bb down. My mum will drop by to play with bb but that's all. She don't help in hse work or look after bb, I'm doing every thing. Earlier on wanted her to help to bring my son to Sch so that he does not need to go student care, but a lot of excuse from her.

All these while got 2 ppl to look aft bb (either hb or mil and I). Last Fri mil was sick and havent recover ytd so she's unable to come over. Hb doesnt hv much leave also. Hence it was my first time looking aft bb myself ytd. Physically and mentally draining as he likes to b carried even for slping, drinking. Bb will wake up when put him down. Try to squeeze time to pump, eat and even nature call. 相依为命 ytd and today too, abit kancheong here and there. Keep counting down to hb return hm.

Bring your elder son out to meet up your friends, leave your bb at home with your hubby on of the day.

I do have this feeling when I stay too long at home during my maternity, and I do really feel better after I catch up with friends for dinner.

Most of the time I'm at hm with bb & mil. Will go out on wkn when hb is ard. And I feel like a released prisoner. Everything is so new/fresh to me. Haha...

Jerlyn,
Any idea if the warmer will keeping reheating water until its being switched off? So user need to "jaga" timing?

Yes I am adding fm into bm on dietician's advice.

Ctrus, I fully understand ur feeling cos I was like u too. Every morning when dh is preparing to leave for work, I will get butterflies in my tummy and feel the need to poo hahaha..... As time goes by, it does get beta. Of course there will be unforeseen circumstances lah.....

Aspialle, able to leave ur kids wif IL or ur parents just for an evening? Have alone time wif ur dh n talk to him abt how u feel over dinner or kopi.

hi Chevy

yes, warmer will reheat again..

the warmer will heat up to the temperture that is set in the warmer(gt orange light) than after that the warmer will auto off the orange light.

this will go on and off as the water loses heat and it will reheat up again.

yes user need to jaga timing..trial n error..for me it took abt 4 to 5 min to heat up frozen bm. and i am using heat 3.

Ctrus,

All the while after CL left, i look after bb myself.yes it is tough in the beginning..have to know yr bb patterns to hav a better time mgt.. now my bb into her 3 months.now looking forward to hubby coming hm at night so that i can rest and he will take over some of the tasks le.

how old is your bb?

Jaslyn, i did not see a PD yet. went to GP for bb injections. have not ask the gp whic brand yet..so far i heard enfra and dumex is gd..

Jerlyn: my bb is 3mo. Mil helped to look aft so tt I can pump every 3hrly and rest bcos I'm doing night feeds. My bb hasnt learn to slp thru.

Chevy: yes!! The funny feeling when hb leaving for wrk. There were few times he left when I'm slping. Cldnt find him when I woke up and felt lost. Told him must let me knw when leaving.

I use a Digital Timer bought from Daiso ($2), 7 mins to heat up the milk then i will turn the warm off.

My mom said it's a lot easier as sometimes the water just get too hot to warm the milk.

ctrus, for me i pump every 4-5hrly as i am getting ready back to work.

for me, i will leave the bb in play pen with toys hanging so that she can self entertain. otherwise i don have time to pump.

my bb also cant slp thru the night. will wake up once to be feed. think my gal slp too early.she slpt at 8-9plus and will wake up at 2-3am.

normally need to train them to have last feed later at 10 plus..haha

pacifcier is a wonderful invention le..hee

Jerlyn: My bb doesnt like to lie down to play. He likes to be carried. Hence I can only pump while he's slping. I'm gg back to wrk end of the mth too. Am still thinking on the timing to pump as unsure hw my boss/colls/wrk will be like if I pump during office hour. U nv knw they may say OK in front but behind yr back alot of swords flying.

ctrus, my bb at first also like to b carried. so i trained her to b on the play pen..need to talk to her n play with her while pumping so that bb know u are there. otherwise, i wont b able to pump.

saw some of the podders here suggest 6am,11am,5pm and 10pm..no choice..when going back to work,hav to b thick skin cos bm is gd for bb.. or u can go work slightly earlier or pump at lch time to make up for the lost of time.

Jerlyn: Recently it is taking a long while to coax bb to slp aft his night feed. Longest time is 2hrs. Hb and I took turn to carry him. By the time bb finally fell aslp is the timing for hb to prep for wrk. Our fault bcos we nv teach him to slp on his own. Since birth he was carried to slp

Jerlyn: Usually I'll pump for 30min. So whole process might take up 45min (incl washing of parts etc). Yes, I'm looking at pump during lunch time. Will hv to pack lunch and eat alone. Haha anti-social liao

Back