(2013/01) Jan 2013

Bliss

will be monitoring.
happy.gif
tks!!

Sylvia,
You are really the shopping lobang queen!

I'm gonna get new avent bottles (the new version) and spare teats for #1 and #2. Bottom balm too. Can share what else you ladies will be getting from avent in case I miss out?

Averie,
Take lots of bed rest if possible. Gynae should not be doing any VE check at this moment as VE will trigger contraction further.

Averia / Wasabe,
If possible, check with gynaeif you are able to take the hormone pill till at least 37 weeks. Though I agree so long bb is above 2kg, the risk of staying in NICU is lower but I have 2 colleagues who gave birth before 36 weeks and babies are 2.67kg and 2.8kg which is of good weight but bb ended up staying in NICU for 2 days as babies' lung not mature. So dun just only consider the weight yah.

Sylvia,
I latched my #1 throughout the entire pregnancy till birth. It is definitely not encourage to suddenly stop bfing for the reason you have mentioned. What you can you is to reduce the length of breastfeeding as well as a shorter interval by explaining to your #1 tt mummy pain pain. #1 is latching for comfort right?

At the same time do monitor your contraction. If it is frequent then seek gynae's advice.

Julie,
Braxton Hicks is very conmmon for us especially when we are at the last lapse. It is to prepare the body for labour. Braxton Hicks should stop if you change your body position yah. In fact, if the pain does not go away or reduced even if you change position, it would sound rather like contraction.

Aspielle,
Teach you a trick to stretch without leg cramp. Try to strech with your foot bending in towards you. It like normally when you stretch, instead of streching your feet outward, hold your feet and towards yourself. This will prevent muscle cramp.
happy.gif

Averie, you don't need to get the tummy binder from the fair. The masseur gave me the binder free for my #1. I think it is part of the package.

Bb love will try , thanks for the tip
happy.gif

Sharp pain near tail none is quite common because of the weight. Going for my checkup tomorrow n to see dietician ... Think gonna be scolded for gaining too much weight... Now I already gain abt 14 kg... Not sure how heavy is bb

LM

just saw the info so share loh. esp philips mean avent.

U can try the magic cream which I think is better than the bottom balm.

Bblove,
ok! will take note.
the mum pain pain no use leh. she only suck more gently but still continue! LOL!!

but what i did is when she started to snore, I will pull out. sometimes will still seek but sometime will just flipped.

Averie, Bblove: ok thanks. Will monitor. So far is no pain.. So shd b braxton hicks.. Bt now onli 32wks so fast gt braxton hicks liao?

Juz now nothing to do, so was actualli counting due date is exactly how many wks, than realised my due date is the end of 40wks!! So have a feeling bb will come out early!! If reli like tat, there goes my new yr countdown n fireworks which i promised my #1!! And wasted ML on the many yr end holidays!! Hopefully bb will b super full term and come out wif a gd size n weight.. Hehe!!

Pauline: i oso!! Have taken out clothes to wash, bt still lying in the laundry basket.. Still finding their way to the washing machine. Haha!! Have gotten cot, bt no mattress.. Have left over new bottles n teats fm #1 bt haven sterilize.. So do i sound abit more prepared than u? Haha!!

me too me too ... im still procrastinating ...

i blame it on the weather all the time. everytime i want to take out n wash, the sky seemed to turn dark ... (excuse finding) :$

LM, can get Avent items from Robinsons sales, 25% off plus 5% cash rebate for robinsons credit card... Today only!

LOL... promised hubby that will not buy anything at today's Robinson sale but will just KLKK. The moment I stepped inside, bb keep moving, making me uncomfortable. Told hubby his "spy" is very efficient. My frd said probably bb is excited can go shopping but I think otherwise. Their sales is too close. I still haven't pay my last month spending lor.

Bliss, most likely mine will be c-sect with GA. my #1 oso c-sect with GA. i had my op at 4pm. came out less than 1 hr, was drowsy. but still can talk lah. but cannot drink water. only on drip if i m not wrong. but next day morning ok liao.

nowadays i feel my baby always kicked me at night the most! but i bo chup, just sleep. lol! wanted to video it down but cannot catch the moment.

Canopy: me too!! Esp wif the rainy weather.. Juz now after lunch eyelids keep wanna close...

Nowadays jialat.. Sit uncomfy coz back will pain, so muz sit real straight, if nt back pain or tummy pain coz tummy press down on my legs. Cannot cross my legs oso.. Bt sit with legs open so uncomfy and ugly.. Stand oso cannOt stand too lOng. Slp oso cannot lie on back. Turn fm side to side will tummy pain. Weird coz didnt have this feeling during my #1 time.. Mayb getting old oso.. Haha!!

i went to my nursing room to rest for a while, went downstairs to walk walk still tired, hoping hubby will come early to fetch me. Should have just took leave for today; haiz! Changed my mind yesterday and took leave for this friday instead.

Sylvia,
Mine last time also like tat. Latching will put her off to sleep super fast as if she is on sleeping pill. After she sleep, I will pull out and she will go like 'searching' for the nipple and I will quickly pat her backside aqnd she continued to sleep. So far it works everytime.
happy.gif

Bliss,
I wanted natural birth so much for #1 but cannot so decided to go for epidural c-sect so that hubby can witness the birth of his darling and we can hear the 1st cry too. But strangly Epi c-sect is much more expensive compared to GA.
I've also booked epi c-sect this round too and want to check with my gynae if can arrange for hubby to cut baby's cord.

Hihi I am here late..must hit my 300 quotas..haha

C-Sect - me going epi, same as #1, #2.

Sales - Philips having sales but its gonna be very crowded so you all have to be very careful, the people there grab and push, experienced that last year.

Me toes getting fat, not sure is it water retention but I am only in my 26+weeks? When I wear my slippers, its kinda tight. And my toes like getting "bigger".

And oh gosh, I have pimple/rash outbreaks at my back, due to hormones?? goodness, I cant wear something that can't cover my back now.

JuLie, lol! You confirm more prepared than me. I have the cot in the store room but no mattress! Aiya...gonna buy so many things again...=_=

Jan: i gt the pimples on my back way early in the pregnancy.. Same when i had my #1.. Bt now abit better, thou still gt a few spots..

Pauline: great to hear tat.. Coz some mummies have already gotten everything done! Make till i oso kan chiong start to unpack the clothes.. Bt onli did the unpacking, haven wash.. Haha!! Bt at least i found out i had new bottles n teats! Coz had wanted to buy, bt lucky i'm lazy, if nt buy liao than realise still hav, waste $$.. Giving myself some free time.. Will start preps in dec.. Tat's y hopefully bb wont come out early in dec.. If nt need call hubby help buy stuff which i tink i more headache telling him wat to buy than he headache needing to find the items i need...

Freesia, Rebecca told me the binder is different. It wrap also the hip area.
I am getting following from her
Belly Hipster Wrap( Special Buy) @ $42.90
Hair Therapy Shampoo + Hair Recovery Conditioner Set (Special Buy) @ $51
1 Gingerly Yours + 1 Lemongrass Shower Gel (Bundle B) @ $34

Paisei..i need to ask. What is pumping pals? Is it for handsfree for breast pumps? Suitable for all breast pumps? Where to buy? Useful?

Hammiebao,
Yah I know robinsons having sale. I purposely avoid cos too much damage at the previous round! Haha Philips sale more limited destruction. Anyway my neighbour works there I will ask her to help me get the items.

Sylvia,
Can the magic cream be used as a diaper cream? Maybe I'll try one tube.

Bb preparation,
Have not done much at all! Wanted to deep clean the house but tummy too big cant do much on my own. I still have not consolidated all the newborn items to see what I'm lacking. I don't know where I'm gonna stash #2's clothes cos #1 is taking up all the space. Not transitioned #1 to a bed yet so that #2 can take over the cot.

The only one thing I have is lots of diapers for #2 cos HB saw some sales in jb.

Canopy, the package comes with binder but the normal kind. The belly hipster wrap which she sells it cover till hip. Which helps to shrink the hip butts area

If I feel well and no cramp or contraction after the pills can I stop eating and can I go out?

LM, i use magic cream as diaper cream.
happy.gif

BBlove
hahahaha!!
I hv experience, havent take out completely, her mouth searching with eye closed! mine usually if cant find, will flip n show me her bottom! Or will sit up with eyes closed and still searching.
lol!!

ya... sometimes she tried herself to sleep takes 30mins still nt successful then she gave up and come to me. sleeping pill.. I tot is on drug!! LOL!!

Complexion:

I have some problems as well. but im in my 28 weeks only and i had this pimple outbreak. hence, i was discussing with my hubby that i might be having a baby boy ... but weird that i only have the outbreak at this time..
sad.gif

Averie, canopyhaze: I actually dont really like the binders they provide. It's made of cloth and I find it v restrictive... Can hardly breathe! Prefer to use the binder provided by gynae to support my csec wound, it's stretchable and less restrictive...

Averie,
IMO should continue with the pills coz they are meant to prevent contraction. So dun take make risk contractions coming back, no? If doctor order bed rest, better to stick with it. Last time for my #1 after I was first ordered bed rest, I was still kinda complacent thought eventually everything will be fine but not the case... so I feel truly better to be safe than sorry...

Sylvia,
You really shopping and lobang queen
happy.gif

GD:
Oops, failed my glucose test after lunch today. Had jap food - some rice, tonkatsu, chawanmushi, salad w jap sesame dressing - maybe the dressing did me in, haiyah!

Fressia,
What is a good brand for binder for c-sec wound? I heard it helps a lot to wear binder coz really less painful and will kinda help support... but I did not use for #1 coz no one asked or told me...

Jan: pumpin pal is a brand... You can go to the mums fairy website to look at the range of products they offer. So far i have only used their pump shields and find it good...

bdmummy: Me too!!! I failed my test for 2-hr after lunch test. I had Mos Burger, apple pie and Meiji low-fat milk. In fact, I failed my before bfast test. My body digest food VERY slow
sad.gif
*arrgh*

Hi all! Did my OGTT this morning, luckily passed the test. And at 31wks, bb weighing 1.6kg.
happy.gif

BBlove, I've checked with gynae previously on ligation, he said it's more effective if do 6mths after delivery date.

Wasabe, the previous Parenthood fair was super crowded when I went. This time will sure be crowded too.

Bliss, recently i dreamt of delivering baby too, but now I forgot the details already. During 1st trimester, I had dreamt of carrying a baby boy. Strange thing is, gender dream was also correct for my elder DD.

Averie, is it better now that you took the medication? Hope contractions stop completely now. Guess it's better that you have more rest for the time being.

Bb love yes I will take the pills to 37 weeks for my own comfort as well .

Averie .. Maybe follow Gynae advise on the pill.. Its a preventive move and the time when I got hospitalized i actually took the pill before I went in to stop the contractions but no use cos too frequent.. Had to use the drip to stop the contractions.. Hence better take care and prevent better..

Picsean thanks I won't be too ambitious to wheelchair myself in the fair then haha I scared I tramp on many feet and all big bellies around! Lol

Sunny you donno baby gender yet?

Bdmummy & Ctrus, what the glucose score? I also fail always 7-10. But I know why I fail. I didn't eat much also fail just because I am on the utrogestan. Yesterday I started taking and measure I got a shock lo. Then I was thinking was it the food I eat. Then I try if just ate the pill likely the score high if I eat a few hours before taking the measurement then is lower. But no matter what is still higher than the day before I took my contraction pills. Haiizz

Bdmummy: I don't know the brand. My gynae put on the binder for me in the operating theatre right after the operation. Ya, it really helps to support the wound. I delivered in TMC, the binder is charged into the hospital bill. There's different sizes as well... I heard from other mummies that guardian sells binder for abdominal support. Maybe you can check there?

Back