2012 Twins

Hi Shiko.

When u feed them in e evening and at 12midnight, do u feed more? Otherwise, how come they can sleep fm 7pm to about midnight, and fm midnight to 5-6am, but then wake up so soon after ard 7-8am?

Hi pooh,
i never feed more, just same amt as daytime, but somehow, think they start to differentiate day & night, so night time they just sleep longer..sometimes they got disturbed and moved abit, we either give pacifier or pat them, then they go back to zzz again...we only feed them when their eyes open big big and pacifier and patting dont work!

there were few times we actu tried feed more and see if it lasted them to wake up later, but no...they just woke up ard e same time, but friends said feed fm at night can last longer than feeding bm..no harm trying

as for why they wake up ard 7-8 am even though we feed them ard 5-6 am, i think my boys are just like light censor and alarm clock..even we tried to draw curtain, they will just auto wake up when its time..but wake up not crying but mumbling beside =P

May I ask mummies here. I have hard time sleeping at night. My pelvic bond area hurt badly, so lying on side made it worse and on top of that, not sure if due to heavy weight, eg if I lie on left side, my left thigh gets very "Suan" and sometimes my whole left leg will go slightly numb. Turning to right side will end up same. While night I will turn left n right countlesss times as each position doesn't last long, any way I can relieve that?

Also, my uterus hurts each time I turn left n right or when my movement is more. Do u experience the same?

Am quite used to painful uterus throughout this pregnancy as gynae it's due to fast expansion. I expect more pain after delivery due to contracting of the very enlarge uterus to normal size

Hi mummies, just to share the good news. Delivered my twin boys on 10 sept @ 36wks2days. Had regular contractions. And mucus plug dislodged. Boys are 2.8kg n 2.4 kg both in normal nursery now. Mine still unsure leh...gynae says cannot confirm unless dna. They might be identical but they look pretty different to me. But they share the same blood type n one placenta.

Today is day 3 at hospital. Wounds starting to hurt. Ouch. And i am feeling the baby blues now...emo

Congrats Joleen!

Did you deliver via natural or csect? Your boys are of good weight!

My csect is scheduled for tomorrow.

Thk u Shiko
Btw, may i know how to cook the rice powder?

Congrat to Joleen..

Hi Ariadne
How many wk r u now? So nice tt u can last till ur planned c date as usually twins will born so much earlier.. Hv a smooth delivery ya..;)

Joanne,
the brown rice cereal is the instant type. can just add warm water directly. u may also add breast milk or formula powder to it.
i read that our body obtain nutrients from our blood to make breastmilk. i dun think u would want to obtain breastmilk frm.another mumy whom u do not know she has some infection or on any medication.

Hi all , I have got a set of twins recently and I received a gift (MOTHERCARE duo aqua pod) you can google n search in UTUBE n u will c it's a mat tat allows you to bath your twins at the same time.. But I have already bought one myself... Thus Whoever that is interested please email me at [email protected] and you can just buy me a big pack of pampers as a token .. Cheers

Hi Joanne,
i didnt cook e rice powder, i bought it from cold storage =P
u can make ur own blended porridge also, soak e rice b4 cooking, then cook into plain porridge, then blended into sticky sticky form...

e porridge can freeze into porridge cubes, i just heat up whenever i wanna feed babies and add other puree together =)

mine was c-sect via epidural, whole process was done less than an hr....recovery wise depends..i could walk ard after few days with the help of the belt, but till now once a while will feel a little bit tearing esp when carry my bb for long and i still dont dare to run...>.<

mine was c sect epidural too. same as shiko,whole process took less than 45mins. recovery..depends i walked the next day after all the drips taken off..with the belt of cos and painkillers. still walk with care after 5 days..so far so good and off the painkillers already

Congrats winky! Truly good weights
happy.gif
well done mummy and hope u r coping well.

Lena u can try looking on amazon. Last I saw it was going q cheap n the delivery charge to Singapore was only usd20 or something. See if it's still on

Btw gals, how u gals manage ur pump parts after each pump? Do u all always use detergent n sterilize it for 6-7 times per day if is exclusive pumping or?? Need advise on this as find so tired to keep wash with detergent n sterilize it last few mths... Thk u all.

Joanne and grace, thanks. The pushing is really tiring as both bb refuse to come out even am fully dilated. Anyway, glad it's finally over. We r discharging Thursday 20 sep morning.

Joanne, I used to use avert manual single pump and did wash n sterilize each time. Still hard to cope ESP night time, so I bought extra pumps. Later my friend suggest me to keep pump in ziplock bag n store in fridge together with milk, n use directly for next pump time.

Hi winky
U mean no need wash the parts n just put in fridge straight away after use??
Glad tt ur bbies r born naturally.. Many twin mummy will envy u..;)

Congrats winky!

Joanne, i stop sterilizing the bottles n pump parts when my gals hit 6mths.. this is abt time the bbs hav built their immunity. i didnt try the method of putting the pump parts in fridge. cos i think that once its out frm the fridge, bacteria will multiply. so I'll still prefer to wash after every use.

Hi beautifulseeds
Yes, i did wash n rinse with hot water before put in fridge.. Just tt no wash using detergent and sterilize only once a day.. Shd be ok right since got wash already then put in fridge but no use detergent??

Thanks all for the wishes.

Joanne, yes, no wash n direct put to fridge. I dono about the bacterial thingy but I thought it's quite a good idea.

Having problem with Bf, one bb refuse to latch so no choice to bottlefeed and one bb can latch but cannot be discharged yet so may end up not latching later.

Dear mummies, today is D4, I totally hv no breastmilk n colostrum at all, my twin now on formulae n starting refuse to latch, what should I do? Gynae can prescribe medication? n if bb not latching, I will not get stimulation too. Am worried.

winky,
you can try taking green papaya soup. take lots of soup andthe red date water. u need to hav lots of water to produce milk. r u expressing using hand or pump? i find that first few days hand express more effective. dun stress urself too much.. if u really need, can ask gynae or gp prescribe domperidone for u. you can also buy fenegreek supplements from.pharmacy to take together at same time for better effect..

How long will domperidone take effect? Max dosage? Am taking lots of others like soup n fenugreek but no use at all. Bb stimulation is the best, if not even slight milk for my bb now, I think soon bb will give up latch le.

Winky, is there a lactation consultation who can help u get e colostrum going? My biggest gain fm stayin at MAH was e LC who visits every new mum fm D2 to help squeeze out colostrum n teach u how to hand express. I totally agree wif beautifulseeds, hand express most effective first few days. I was also prescribed motilium fm D2 onwards, not sure if tat helped.

Today I finally see some colostrum by hand express. May I ask if hand express is just for initial stimulating? How frequent n how long shall I do that? I can't hand express very well but pump really seem useless now.

Winky, try to 'master' it. Hand express will still b handy when you get engorgement, blocked ducts etc later on. Even now, almost 3mths after delivery, i still hand express a little b4 pumpin to get e milk flow going first. I get more milk n faster this way.

Hi gals
I asks my bro to help me buy motilium fr pharmacy since one pax can only buy one box and he study biotec fr ntu last time.. He straight away reject me n say is no gd for infant n mummy.. This makes me hv 2nd thot whether shd i still buy n eat? I told him tt is prescribe by my gynea last time n he says tt wht they prescribe is safe for tt dosage, if we continue eat after finish n self purchase then is no gd..
sad.gif

Heres wht he sends to me..:"In June 2004, the FDA issued a letter warning women not to take domperidone, citing unknown risks to parents and infants, and warned pharmacies that domestic sale was illegal, and that import shipments from other countries would be searched and seized. Domperidone is excreted in breast milk, and no studies on its effects on breastfeeding infants have been reported in the literature"

Wht u gals think? Safe to eat?? Sigh..

Joanne,

If any drug is not safe for consumption, it wld probably hv been recalled by the FDA n our HSA wld hv followed suit. But like all prescription drugs, it shd be taken under e supervision of a doctor who can advise u on the correct dosage, side effects, contra indications etc.

So u shd go back to yr gynae if u wish to take more of e drug, instead of askin yr bro to buy. In any case he shd not b able to get without a doctor's prescription. If u r concerned abt this FDA warning, u shd prob discuss it wif yr gynae.

Joanne,
I've previously checked with my gynae &amp; 2 GPs to cfm that it had no side effects b4 i continue taking it. Domperidone is also used to ease bloatedness n can be used for preg women too. if u want drug free option, can take only fenegreek supplement. its natural since its a herb that is found in curry too.

Thk u pooh n beautifulseeds for ur advise.. I will email my gynea to confirm with him again.. Btw, what other vitamins r u eating for lactation? New obinim??

I hv been taking metoclopramide 3 tablets and fenugreek 8 capsules per day for 2 days but still see no effect. May i ask mummies here how long such medication take effect on u.

joanne, my gynae still advising me to take the same vits as during preg. vitB n folic acid. i also drink the milk powder for lactating mummies a few times a week. (recm guidelines is 2 glasses a day). so far I've tried Anmum and Nan mum.

Joanne, I'm still takin fish oil n multi vits, plus calcium supplements. Also drinkin Anmum for lactatin mums twice a day.

Advice needed fm mummies: Do you give the fever medicine as a prophylaxis after the 5-in-1 vaccination? Have been advised to do tat but PD says no need wor...

hello all twin mummies, do u all now become sahm or still can go back to work??
i have to resign ask need to take care bbs now i dun have time anything so how do u all cope with twins??

Back